main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Sketchbook of Corellian_Rogue... MWUAHAHA! Just when you thought you'd got rid of me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Rogue, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo! I can see I've been missing some fabulous stuff over in the Coloring Competition thread!! These rock!!

One of the things I'm really loving about your style here is that the linework sort of "fades" into the coloring, so they look almost like digital paintings rather than colored linearts. This effect is especially true in Aayla and Boba Fett--and I think Aayla is my fav here! She just looks awesome (and I love the colors you chose for her, too!), and the detailing in her costume is wonderful. Boba Fett is compositonally great: that bright flare from his weapon catches the eye first, then we jump into this dynamic scene and see that flare reflected starkly from all his armoring--the way you handled the background is wonderful, too--it's there, but it doesn't pull the eye away from the subject. These look just awesome, Rogue!

=D=
    FF

2. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    GREAT DRAWINGS, C_R!!!! -ja

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I love your work ^_^
    Shaak Ti definately has the concept art feel to it. Like Ian Mc Caig borrowed your sketch book lol
    Judging by the use of tone and color with Grievous, I'm thinking you could produce some truly magnificient villain designs :D

Bloody Hell, I love your Luke piece! :eek:
    The colors and tone are just perfect.
    Boba looks very exciting, and you've actually mananged to capture Allen's likeness in Aayla and both peices a very nice, but Luke was the one who stuck out.
    I almost wish R2 wasn't there! lol

4. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks everyone for keeping this thing afloat. I do try to update but alas...work and life gets in the way. :D

Thanks AG88 for the lovely comment! I always thought Tauntauns were cute and just thought I'd bring that out in them. I'm always the person in the room who gets sad when the Tauntaun dies and Han slices him up. :( Poor little guy!

Hmmm...now that you point it out I am noticing a naked trend in your thread! LOL :D I love drapery and fabric and the secondary movement it gives. And how could I ever consider selling my sketchbook? That leaking hole in my roof whenever it rains! :) Aww...and shucks! *blushes* Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Falcon you must join us in the colouring in thread! It's a load of blissful fun...no thinking just colouring. Very very relaxing for me actually, and a chance to work out kinks in my technique and to try new things on small pieces.

I must agree I definitely do have a more painterly style with my colouring. If there's ever a bold enough lineart chosen I may try cell-shading! *cringes in terror* The perfection you have to get with every stroke is insane! Thanks so much for the comment! *hugs*

Thank you j_a for dropping by! Coming from you that compliment means a lot so thanks! :)

Thank you for taking the time to post in here Wascally! Love your username by the way! LOL :D *blushes* Ian McCaig borrowed my sketchbook? Now that's funny! I can only wish to ever be as good as him but I do this for fun and enjoyment so I don't mind. ;)

Perfect with Luke? Thank you very much! Far from in my mind but I'm glad you like it. I've never really done a tattooine palette piece and there was a great chance. Thanks again! :)

Oh and as a little closing note, I encourage everyone to give the Colouring Comp a go at some point. It's really fun and a great chance to show your skills, and get some crit and lovely comments. :D

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    So, when are we going to see the colored version of Sett?

6. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Finally an update from me, the colouring of Corrin_Wyndryder's marvelous creation Sett. That nice guy you all saw as a lineart earlier. ;)

Sett

Not much to report really, I've got a kinder week of work this week so hopefully I'll be able to make a dent in those long awaited requests. *avoids barrage of various requester's computer desk items* I know I know...I take far too long! :)

This week might see more sketchbook images...and perhaps even a romantic picture! *gasps* Yes you heard right although not quite what you'd expect perhaps. :D Conventional isn't really me. And a closing note, Mon Cal's are fantastic fun to draw! Everyone must try them, the squishies!

Anyway I'll stop being random and shut up now. And you all know I lurve comments! :)

7. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Brilliant!!!

Thank you so much C_R. This will really skyrocket my fanfilm forward. My animators are already dreading the prospect of animating him.

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Aaaarrrgh!!

Sett looks so awesome!!! I love the pallette you chose for him--very dark and malevolent--and the sort of oily slickness to his form only adds to that ominous feel! The blaze of his weapon across his body and the image frame is beautiful compositionally--the entire thing is just stunning, Rogue!
    =D==D=

And boy--do I hear you on the request front, lol! I think I'm busy with them for at least a year, with the list I've got going now! And slow? My dear, you haven't seen slow until you've had to wait for something I'm scratching away at! [face_laugh] The comment about "watching grass grow" comes to mind.... ;)

Another fantastic work, Rogue--and those commission-ees have to be jumping up and down with delight, to be getting something from your talented hands! Glad to hear the "paying work" is coming in for you!

FF

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    :eek: WOW!!! That is dark and eerie!! [face_pumpkin] [face_skull] Just right for Halloween!!! Beautiful and I mean BEAUTIFUL painting! Great job!!!!

You do requests!!:eek: And you say you might do a romantic picture!!!![face_thinking] Hmmmm.... who could I possibly want done in a romantic pose. [face_thinking] Oh, I don't know... maybe Luke and Mara? I am just throwing that out from the top of my head. :p

Fantastic work!!!

AG88

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow! Well, kinda :p
    The foggy night does remind me of New England/London though :p
    The purple's a strong contrast too :)

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    *rushes in quick*

So, sorry...for some reason, everytime I checked your thread, I didn't see the links to the new work. :confused: But that seems to be fixed now, or maybe I'm just blind. :p

Anyway, I wanted to comment on your marker drawings from the last page. They are rendered extremely well. Nice fluidity and you did justice to each and every one of them. ;)

Now for Sett - WOW! He fits in perfectly with Halloween coming up tomorrow with the dark, eerie environment. And holding that head - that's a nice touch. I love how it appears that the face on the head itself is somewhat stretched or warped. It adds another layer of eerieness to it all. Nice job1 :D

12. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    You have a relaxed and artistic flair. I'd like to see you do a full painting (like a scene from one of the EU books)
    with detail, lotsa detail. Detail seems to be one of your strong points, so play it up! Detail the environment, the machines, the people, the sky, whatever. Your style would lend itself readily to a webcomic. (hint,hint) Here's a few examples:

http://www.alpha-shade.com/www/index2.htm
    http://www.dominic-deegan.com/

13. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    *Drools over your pwning painting skills*
    He is such a cool character, I'm having real trouble tyring to draw sith, they just don't look evil enough. *sigh*
    And then you go an throw that in my face you evil person!! (joking) :p
    Tis really amazing, I really wish I had your painting skills!
    Nice work! :)

14. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks Corrin! :) Ha, I'll take that title. Corellian_Rogue- Bane of Animators across the globe! MWUAHAHA! [face_devil]

Thanks for popping in and commenting Falcon! I wondered whether it was too dark for a bit there but I think that blaze of yellow really helped. When I came to render this I balked, I hate colouring predominately black characters like you wouldn't believe. But the character was too good to leave alone, he's so evil that I love him! :D Maybe he just needs a hug... *gets head ripped off*

*puts head under arm and becomes the headless fanartist!* Wooohoo! Very Halloween!

On the request front I think I've got it down to two more...although by that time I would have accepted more and still not have a clear list! I'm a sucker for good ideas to draw ARG! ;P And hon, I think I'd wait a millennia for a piece of your work! Aww....that's about as soppy as I get.

Thanks AG88 ! That little skull emoti thing is so cute! I do requests every now and then but my list is currently closed until I clear some off (i've got some private projects I want to work on which might result in prints or something so I really need to work on them) And about the romantic picture I'm afraid its not Luke and Mara. *is pumelled by L/M 'ship fangirls* Sorry ladies but i'll give you a clue... neither of them are human! Yeah for love among the species! Hmm...that didn't sound as good as I had hoped. :D

You are so correct in the New England/London-ness of this Wascally! I hadn't realised it until you said! I knew it reminded me of something. :) There's something about beheadings and England that just go so well together.

Thanks for stopping in HanSolo...formerly the goulish HanSoulless! :D Hilarious stuff! Thanks for the comment on my older marker work. I appreciate it as that's not stuff I show often, I find traditional media more personal for some reason. I'm happier for people to pull apart digital work for some reason. I guess with Sett I just went all out on the creapiness factor and its safe to say I got the desired result! LOL

Thank you Undomiel! I have been meaning to settle down and work crazy hours on one piece but unfortunately i'm terribly impatient and I get frustrated very easily when something takes forever. I will do it one day though...I have an idea for an extremly detailed Ganner/Jacen image, the idea's sketched, I just need to get my Painter skills up so I can do something with it. :)

Oh and I've been meaning to do a webcomic or something like that but I tend to take too long with such things. A few friends and I might get around to it one day (one guy is hilariously funny so that might be promising). Thanks for the not so subtle hint there though. ;)

Thanks everyone who stopped in I love comments very much! And hopefully I'll have an update sooner than another month eh?

15. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I gotta be honest C_R, I come back to your thread to look at the compliments on the Sett image, and can't help but feel that they're somehow directed towards me as well. When you had those pencil sketches before, Sett was a favorite to a whole bunch of people, and now that he's colored, in time for Halloween, the replies are unanymously in favor of your skills. You deserve the praise you're being given.

16. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Just a quick update of two images I drew in my Sketchbook (yes that Sketchbook of doom! :D )

Asharad Hett

This character is so cool I couldn't resist drawing him! :) I saw those tats and immediately got out the pencils. I might colour this although I'm not sure, its all a matter of whether I can find the time. Drawn while watching and cringing at AOTC, cardboard could act better! LOL And fear my dodgy pencil skills, alas I'm no where near Falcon or Aurelia, those graphite gods!

Kit Fisto

Yet another Kit, but he's just so fun to draw. Pose is a bit boring, I might do a little suggested background to liven it up a little.

17. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I really like your Kitt Fisto. Great work.

18. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Ummmm... is it Yoda and Yaddle? [face_worried]

Please tell me it is not Yoda and Yaddle![face_sick] [face_praying]

:p

I love your last two drawings. Kit is really buff. I like how you drew his muscles. Great job!

AG88

19. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow, I'm really loving Kit! The pose is soo not boring!
    For some reason I love how you drew his face, I duno why... I just do! :p

20. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Good stuff, keep it up. It look like a real comic style to me, and it's great!

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

Oh, I must disagree with you, Rogue--your pencil skills are superb!! Your sketch of Asharad Hett is gorgeous!! I really, really like his pose--he's sort of in mid-pivot here, with both weapons in his hands, ready to fight. As with all your wonderful images, the detailing here is scrumptious: his tattoos, and of course the gauntlets! ;) I love the little "talismans/amuletes" hanging from his 'sabers--they look like fine strips of leather adorned with small beads (or stones) and feathers--very, very cool! :cool: And I love his hair--that long thick braid, swinging outward, and the loose strands around his face...beautiful!

Kit is absolutely perfect here--and Esira is right: the pose is beautiful! He looks like he's in a moment of pensive contemplation, his hands on his lightsaber, perhaps looking out over a bloody battlefield, or perhaps some other devastation... His posture is strong, but also gentle in a way--here's a Jedi that knows he is capable of great destruction, but longs to avoid doing anything of the sort. His expression reflects this (to me, anyway...). The colors are luscious--are these markers again? It looks almost like acrylic paint, it's so rich and deep... The shading and depth are just beautiful (running out of words again...lol!)--he really has a volume to him! And--I just love the way you render the male physique! =P~ ;)

These are soooo gorgeous! Will you be finishing Asharad in ink/color (or completing him in Corel...?)? Actually--I'm partial to this sketched version (go figure! :p )--I think it looks fabulous just as it is! Awesome additions, Rogue!
    =D=

FF

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    WOW! Great update!

I can't keep my eyes off that Kit Fisto drawing. He looks so perfect. We're used to seeing him in his traditional Jedi robes with those big, bulbous eyes. Well, not here. This is more of the warrior I imagined. Excellent job on his rendering! Was this another one done with markers?

23. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Amazing Update, Rogue!

Hett looks just too awesome, and Kit's coloring is very nice, as well. Don't have more to say, 'cause they're just perfect!

Keep up the great work!

EDIT:
    Oops, I totally oversaw Sett. [face_blush]
    The coloring is great, it really fits to the character. The shadowy and dark parts give this piece a lot of amazing atmosphere. Just awesome! :D

24. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    brilliant just rilliant...sett looks very bad arse...the lightsaber is weird in that at the end it budges out...but it actually makes it more menacing i think
    hett looks great too...only problem i see is that maybe his neck to 2 long...it looks kinda weird...but great job
    and kit...u got kit down pat...u drawn him so well...though ive always been interested why do u draw his face with the strange markings and more human style face...cuz those marking i only saw on concept pics of him...but doesnt really matter...headtails and robe look absolutely fantastic

cant wait to see more EU...love it

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Another shameless "up" for another fantastic thread! :D Anything new to share, Rogue...?

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.