main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Skywalker Dynasty (AU post ROTJ Vader redemption story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnorexiaStreetwalker, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnorexiaStreetwalker

AnorexiaStreetwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Thank you both so much for the reviews!

Yeah I have been going too much into Vader's feelings and thoughts and not enough into action but that is going to change for the rest of the story, I promise, lots of cool stuff is going to happen!

When I started this, it was going to be more of a Back To the Future thing, but it turned into something totally different as I developed the healed Anakin character, and dark Luke, more and liked them. So what ends up happening with Leia in the past is not what you'd expect but the two storylines do end up intersecting in a way even I never originally thought of- though it's not in the way you'd guess is going to happen, it still may not too late to save Padme;) and fix a few more things. The biggest parts of the adventure comes are still to come. Please don't give up on it!

2. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Chapter 15

Leia returned from a day at her mother's office in which she did not even see her. She wondered why she did not come to work, and what it meant. Back at the Falcon, she sat in a huff and folded her arms. "Han,we have to do a flyby tonight. I hate that we have to, but her apartment is so high up and I cannot gain access through normal means! Something is up, and I have to check on her. Everything depends on it."

Han was tired of the games. "Leia, I don't want to upset you, but don't you think this has gone far enough? Short of bursting right into her home and telling her what you know, risking being imprisoned for lunacy, you cannot stop her. The events happened, and you can't stop them..."

"NO!" She stood up and became more furious than he had ever seen her. "I can! I have to! I have been given this chance, I must!"

He tried to calm her with his arm around her shoulder. It was hard to contain his own volatile temper. If he had been a Jedi he'd have surely turned to the dark side himself, she thought. "The ship is almost ready. We can return to our own time, and fix things there! There is something you can do in our own time, with the Senate! They need you! Who knows what's happening there without you?"

"But if I can change things here, it won't matter."

"Or, it could be worse. Did you ever think of that?"

A tear slid down her brave facade. "All I know is, my mother is here, and she's going to die. My father is here, and he's going to be badly hurt and cause much damage to the galaxy. My adoptive father is here, and he will die when Alderaan is destroyed. I cannot just go and leave them, Han, please."

He gave his sheepish grin, rolled his eyes, and hugged her. "Okay. Whatever you say. Don't let it be said it was my fault."

Leia buried her face in his chest and sobbed. "Thank you, Han. Let's go."

Luke had spent the night in the basement of the burned out igloo on the old Lars homestead. For the inner person who was still the old Luke Skywalker, it was painful to return to his childhood home. So many memories, and even a pang of guilt for the deaths of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. But as Obi Wan had told him, if he had been there, he'd have been killed too. There was nothing he could have done. It was now a familiar place, a refuge for him to hide out, no one ever came there or thought of the location.

Here, he could contemplate his next moves, and his next plan. He had been to Old Ben's hut in the hillside cave, but the energy there was wrong. Perhaps it was inner guilt that he had gone against everything that he had been trained to be and had become the very thing he was supposed to destroy. It was through that cave that Obi Wan had felt him through the force and knew his location. While he was no longer there, he was still on the planet. He felt safe from any oppositon or enemies there, since at this time he had no allies to guard him while he slept. After a late night at the cantina, he was still sound asleep underground, protected from the hot suns of Tattooine, and detection by anyone. Anyone except someone who had the force.

In the Jedi Starfighter, Anakin, and Obi Wan's spirit had almost reached Tattooine. Swirls of memories good and bad tugged at them. Anakin remembered his mother, the sand people, and wondered about Luke having grown up there. Broken promises to free his fellow slaves. His mother. Thinking of his mother brought to mind sad recollections and regret over her as well as Padme. And something Obi Wan had told him.

"Obi-Wan, I noticed something after my most recent experiences. Force lightning, and the glowy light you have, are exactly the same shade of flourescent blue."

"Yes, Anakin, they are."

"Does that mean something? That's what force energy looks like, isn t it? It's all the same, dark side or not, it can be used for good, or for evil, depending on what you do with it?"

"Yes, Anakin. Your observations are correct."

"I knew it. I have been thinking a lot about the force. There is still so much to discover, and I'm ready.

3. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    "You did?" He looked embarrassed, though still upset and disappointed. In his mind, he cried, if only it were not too late. Then he had another thought. "What about spirits, are Jedi the only ones who can return from the netherworld of the force?"

"As far as I know, Yoda, Qui Gon, and myself, along with a Shaman of the Whills, are the only ones who have achieved immortality as individuals. However, the force is strong, and deep, and there are things we do not yet know. We are searching for answers, that's where Qui Gon is now, searching through the force to discover things. One day, you will join us. I am sure there is much to learn. Much is possible. But for now, dear friend, let's find Luke, and save him from himself. And remember, all this talk of saving the dead is where it all went wrong before, remember?"

Anakin sighed. "I remember. Oh, do I remember." But he couldn't help thinking about it. What if, after all, it was the Jedi who had the power and not the dark side? He quickly tried to concentrate on the subject at hand- saving Luke. Anything else must come later.

Obi Wan wondered, just for a second, if he did the right thing healing Anakin's eyes. As long as he remained blind, he was humble and pitiful, but now that he could see again he was more like his old self, stronger, more confident, and maybe more defiant? Perhaps a blind Anakin would have been less of a threat to the universe. Well, he thought, having no limbs or lungs didn't stop him. No, he reconsidered, and regretted even questioning himself. Yoda was not right, he had done the right thing. Anakin needed to see to find and fight Luke and stop him from becoming the new Sith Lord. No, Anakin should see, this was the right thing. He could sense in his spiritual being that Anakin had truly, deeply changed, and was not a threat. While his talk of bringing the dead back to life was just like the Anakin of old, the one who turned, it was just his love, attachment, that made him think of it. He knew that now, and knew the old order had been wrong. Though for years it had been different, he had now purged himself of any doubt. Anakin was back, the good friend and brother he remembered before his turn, only now with enough experience never to let the dark side sway him again.

Anakin tried to get his mind off the infinite possibilites Obi Wan had sent racing through his mind. He would never give up on them, and he was anxious to learn the secrets. But for now, Luke was the main issue. The starfighter approached Tattooine's weak atmosphere and penetrated it. As they came through, they saw that it was early morning, and the suns were burning brightly on the sands. Anakin had hated Tatooine for so long, and always thought it ugly. It wasn't quite so ugly today. Even the harsh, barren dunes and scorching suns of Tatooine were a gorgeous and welcome sight after experiencing blindness.

Anakin quietly let out a half laugh. "Well, here we are, home sweet home." It had been a focal point for all of them, Anakin was raised here, lost his mother there, Luke grew up there, met Obi Wan there, Obi Wan had lived in his old hut and communed with Qui Gon there, waiting for Luke to come to the force.

Now it had brought them all full circle, and in a way, back to square one- stopping the dark side. If Luke were to become a full Sith Lord, and take an apprentice, the whole mess could start back over again. It had to end, now.

Leia was now so desperate, she no longer cared about being discreet. In their latest flyby, she could see her mother was alone, and crying, in her apartment. On the skyline, they saw fire coming from the Jedi temple. They did not dare get any closer to see what was happening, but they knew it was bad. On the transmitter, Han picked up horrid tales on the newsline. They swarmed closer and closer to the penthouse balcony. "Take me in, Han." she said with determination.

"What, are you crazy?"

"Something terrible has happened, and it involves my parents. Now, Han, take me as close as you can to that balcony."

He cou

4. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    The Skywalker Dynasty

Chapter 16

Anakin stood with his back to the old Lars homesite, knowing Luke was going to emerge from it, probably armed. He did not turn around. Obi Wan vanished in his ghost form for now, but kept his presence. He wondered if Luke could sense him as a ghost as Anakin had. There were anxious moments of deadly desert silence. Then, being as quiet as he possibly could, Luke began to climb out of the hole in the ground and advance. His lightsaber was drawn but not ignited.

As he approached Anakin from behind, he ignited it, and held it in a position to strike him from behind. Anakin could not only sense Luke, he could hear his approach, and see his shadow, though he had not turned around and did not plan to- yet. When he was squarely behind his father, Luke raised his lightsaber and took a swing. Instantly, Anakin ignited his own lightsaber, and blocked the blow backward over his shoulder without even moving the rest of his body. He didn't even need to see. Once the lightsabers were locked and humming, Anakin turned around to face Luke. He remembered what Obi Wan had said, don't tell him you can see again, so he tried his best not to focus on the lightsaber, or make eye contact with Luke, while still seeing the action. For a few seconds, the lightsabers did not move. Then, Luke spoke.

"You old blind fool. How did you manage to get out here with that starfighter?"

"I came with an old friend."

Luke looked around. "Is this, friend, here?"

"It doesn't matter. This is between me and you." Anakin said strongly. "I came to stop you and punish you for blinding me, and stop you you from reigning more terror on the galaxy!"

"You are one to talk about terrorizing the galaxy!" Luke chuckled harshly.

"I have changed, Luke, I intend to make ammends for my tragic mistakes. Starting with preventing you from repeating them!"

Luke smiled wickedly. "It's not going to be easy for you, is it? What a pity this will be your last fight."

Being so close to Luke, and his evil attitude, Anakin's temper was fuming. He was having a hard time controlling it. He broke the stalemate and moved his lightsaber. Luke easily blocked it. "You pathetic blind fool! How dare you think you can challenge me?" Luke taunted. Anakin only meant to defend himself, but wanted so badly to teach Luke a lesson. Luke gritted his teeth and took a swat at Anakin. It was prompty blocked. Back and forth they went, each meeting the other's blow, Luke with Vader's old red lightsaber, Anakin with Luke's homemade green one.

Luke, knowing that a ravine dropped off sharply and deeply a few yards away, and thinking his father still blind, intended to drive him backward off of it, injuring him enough to end the fight early. Anakin realized he was being backed up, but never looked back. He planned to spring his true and fully operational skills on Luke when the time was right. He held back, only making weak defensive moves, until he felt himself losing his footing and falling backwards. Luke grinned with evil delight at the thought of humiliating his father. But the old Jedi instinct kicked back in, and Anakin, who was actually no longer blind, of course, peeked back over his shoulder as he fell, saw the distance between him and the ground and made his calculations. He turned his downward drop into a graceful backflip, Jedi spin and perfect landing on both feet in the ravine below. He amazed even himself. All those years in the suit had stifled his agility, but now he was free of it, and had more lightweight artificial limbs, so his old skills came back to him and he was able to execute them fully. He stood at the bottom, looking up at Luke, who was still holding his lightsaber and looking a bit stunned the fall had not stopped him.

"Impressive." He said to Anakin, as he had once said to him. "Most impressive, for an old blind, limbless wretch!" Just then, Anakin bent slightly at his knees, raised his arms,and launched upward, jumping, almost flying, to the top of the ravine and landing solidly on the edge beside Luke.It wa

5. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Well good fight there and good part on Leia , but I think that the Falcon would turn out a bit big in the sky streets of Coruscant where you only see this small one or two person thing flying around eh?

6. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    You are right, I never thought about that. Thanks for the imput, I really think this story is a good idea but I do need to rework it and I am up for suggestions.

Oh I got it, because her penthouse was so high up, it would fit but it wouldn't on a lower level between buildings? What about her Nubian ship that's pretty big! Well I'm trying!;)

7. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    he Skywalker Dynasty

Chapter 17

Leia was still crying as he mother's ship disappeared in the clouds. She got up and tried to flag down Han, but she didn't see the Falcon anywhere. She ran back inside and bagged a few items she thought might be important She knew that if Padme returned and found them gone, she would no longer trust her, but knowing that unless she reached her she was never coming back, she took the chance. Contacting Han on her communcator, she met him on the balcony. He opened the hatch and she jumped in.
    "Han, we've got to get to Mustafar, now."

"Mustafar, is it? What next?" He shrugged and exhaled heavily.
    "You don't know how important this is, my mother is going to die, my father is going to fight Obi Wan Kenobi and become Darth Vader, hurry!"

Han remembered how originally he wanted nothing to do with this princess, and Luke had convinced him helping her would be worth it. Sometimes he wondered if that turned out to be true considering all they had been through. But worse may have befallen him if he had not been with her. She did save him from Jabba, and from himself, in many ways. Still, there were times he had to wonder, "why couldn't I have fallen in love with a normal girl?" He spoke this under his breath, and she heard him.

"I'm so sorry, Han, but this is really, really important."
    "Leia, there is no guarantee we can even make it, or do anything once we get there."

"I know, but we have to try."
    "You know, I didn't tell you because you were so worked up, but I believe we will be able to make it home, to our time now, and I want to go."

"Han, no, not before we save my parents! And my adoptive father! We can prevent the empire, and save Alderraan, and countless lives! You will go down in history as a hero!"
    "You forget, once we change these things they will no longer have occured, so who will know? Our own recent heroics on Endor will be forgotten."

"Is that it? Oh, Han, we can save so many so much pain! Let's get to Mustafar, fast!" But just then, she felt a disturbance in the force. She sat down and closed her eyes. In a state of near medidation, a vision came to her. Luke. Her twin was in trouble, she could feel her father but not see him there. She knew Luke had to be saved, and turned back, now. But what about her parents? Maybe she was meant to do both? How? Could she save everyone? She called out to Han and told him what she saw.

"Tattooine, now?? Make up your mind! I know you care, but we can't take on everything, baby!"

She tried to be brave, but the tears came. "I'm sorry, Han. I don't know what to do. You said we could make it back to our time, so let's get Luke first! Then we can bring him back here, and he will know what to do in Mustafar!"

Han was doing well holding his temper. "You do know that if we go back to the present we may not be able to return here. It's a chance you must take if we leave now for Tattooine. Think about it."

Leia decided to leave it to the will of the force. She was not sent back by accident. If she was meant to return, she would. "Tattooine." She said, breathlessly and unsure."Tattooine first, then back here, with Luke, to stop Mustafar, if we are not too late."

"I will set the coordinates to whatever brought us here, it may work, it may not. All I can do is try." He set his course, and they flew away fast. "If any ship can do it, it's this baby." He bragged.

Far away in time and space on Tatooine, Luke and Anakin were engaged heavily in battle. The duel was very evenly matched, to Luke's surprise. He had intended on having an easy time with his father, but he did not. For a moment, he resented having donated the tissue that healed him. "Damn you, I made you, you are only what you are because of me, and my tissue! I made you!" he screamed. Anakin found the irony so hilarious he wanted to laugh. "YOU made ME? Are you forgetting, I am your FATHER?" With this, their lightsabers clashed in a strong stalemate and stare-down until finally Anakin broke his out and crashed it down onto Luke's. Luke di

8. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    So Han has suddenly a flux ccompenmsator and a calculator for time travels on board and know s how it works ? he a better mechanican than I though.. and where the heck is chewbacca ? staying on kashyyk?
    oh and btw. I did not mean its too big to fit the street , (maybe that as well) but generally I guess its not easy to do a fly by with a ship that is very much standing out of the mass.

Looks liek it comes to an end thouh now eh? Oh and I thonk you shouldnt have a summary at the beginning , it will spoil the readong I guess.

9. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    You're right, I shouldn't put that long of a summary it does spoil it. But it's not over, Leia's plan didn't work but they still have things to do. They will go back and rescue Chewy and then save, well, just about everybody. It really is gonna be good, and exciting before it's over. I'd love to see this stuff really happen. That's why I like AU so much, you can make it anything you want.

10. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    The Skywalker Dynasty: Chapter 18

The hatch opened and Han Solo began to disembark. Obi Wan stayed in the starfighter to contain Luke while Anakin opened the glass globe and jumped out to go face Han.

"Oh, hello, Captain Solo, what brings you here?" Anakin greeted him with a nervous smile.

Han looked surprised, raising his eyebrows and putting his open hand to his chest. "Actually it's General now. But how do you know me? Are my heroics now that famous that everyone knows my face? You've never seen me before, have you??"

For a moment, Anakin realized that Han didn't know who he was, and wanted to leave it that way. Being anonymous was great. But then he knew that with Luke in tow, and having to deal with him and Leia, the truth would surely come out. Might as well face up to it now. It took a lot of courage, but he had it in him. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. We have met, in, Bespin. I'm afraid I wasn't treating you very well. I regret to say, I ordered you frozen in carbonite."

Now Han was really thrown for a loss. "That was Darth Vader. Are YOU Darth Vader?"

Anakin blushed. "I used to be. Please forgive me, I am a changed man. Please, call me Anakin. Anakin Skywalker."

Now Leia emerged from the Falcon. She stood frozen in the opening, her arms outstretched at her side, her mouth gaping. "Anakin Skywalker? My FATHER?" Anakin looked up at his daughter and smiled, but he was afraid of her reaction. 'That's my daughter, Padme's daughter!' He thought as he scanned every inch of her face, thinking how much she reminded him of her mother, and how he should have thought of that when he first saw her. But then, he had been so consumed by evil as Darth Vader his feelings did not allow it. He had hurt so much he did not allow himself to feel. How much he regretted that! How badly he wanted to run to her, to touch her, to look at her, apologize to her, and bond with her. He was worried if she would readily accept him. All he could do was show her love and kindness and hope the rest found its way.

"Yes." He said honestly. "It's me, Anakin Skywalker, your father."

She had experienced a lot lately, but this was too much. "How is that possible?" She wondered out loud. She had just left Coruscant where he had been on his way to Mustafar. And he spoke of being Darth Vader? What was going on?

Anakin laughed in his old shy way, looking down with the little smile. "I was Darth Vader. But Luke killed Palpatine, and we escaped from the Death Star to my home in Coruscant."

"I know that, I sensed it."

"Good girl! We'll make a Jedi of you yet."

"But, why- do you look like you did, healthy and young? I thought you- weren't you, burned, and...." Anakin took a few moments to fill her in on his miraculous healing and all the recent events. She was shocked, but not upset. She had a bombshell of her own and was about to drop it.She stared at him, her father, a father she'd never had, and had only known as a monster in the worst of times. This was too hard. She wanted to hate him, but having failed to save him in the past, she was actually relieved to see that if he was here and now that he was changed, and not like Darth Vader.

She had an idea. If he were truly changed, pehaps he could stop himself on Mustafar! She didn't mention it yet. When Anakin asked her where she had been all that time after the Battle of Endor, she had quite a tale of her own to tell. But she told them there was no time, don't ask questions now, she would explain all on the way to Mustafar.

"MUSTAFAR?" Anakin screamed. He was never going back there again. "WHY Mustafar?"

Leia looked directly into his eyes and spilled the beans. "We've been back in time, father. We tried to stop what happened when you turned, but it didn't work and now we are desperate. If we hurry, there may still be a chance...."

Anakin's face was like a ghost as his enormous wide blue eyes stared at her, searching for some answer he hoped to hear. "A chance, for what?"

"To stop what happened. To save my mother."

At her words, Anakin'

11. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    Actually Ilike it as it is :p
    I mean nobody knows what happens to all the folks if they do something wrong (eg:butterfly effect.)

12. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Oh, yeah! Thanks!

And Yoda is going to end up like Doc Brown "I figured, what the heck!" so some cool stuff is going to happen.

13. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Chapter 18 part 2

Not having time or space for the starfighter, or the stolen TIE fighter, everyone climbed aboard the time travel ready Falcon and Han punched it out of the steamy Tattooine atmosphere. On board, Luke was carried by Anakin and placed on the old cot he layed on when he got his hand cut off after dueling Darth Vader in Bespin. He was barely conscious, and not in a good mood. Obi Wan's ghost came along, but did not show himself yet. Leia, seeing Anakin carrying Luke, went running to him.

"Luke, what happened?" She said. His eyes fluttered open and tried to focus on her.

"Leia." he said in weak voice. "My shoulder, help me."

She moved his hand from the wound and looked at it. "Father tried to kill me." He whispered. Leia was at first furious and wanting to toss Anakin into outer space. But then he came through the doorway.

"I wasn't going to kill him, but I had to stop him. He tried to kill me! Luke has turned to the dark side!"

Now she looked back at Luke with disapproval. "Luke? The dark side? No way. Not Luke. How could he?"

"Search your feelings, Leia, you will know it to be true." Spoke Obi Wan's spirit. Everyone but Han could see him, including her. She had another few stunned moments as she met the force spirit of Obi Wan Kenobi. Things were getting stranger and stranger, but not much shocked her anymore. They all stood over Luke, waiting to see how he would react next. He was weakend, and would not raise a fuss in front of Han and Leia, even at his worst. He lay there, defeated and silent, barely awake. She took a few moments to clean and bandage his wound, and noticed something else on the back of his shoulder, just under the skin. If the lightsaber wound had not opened it, no one would ever have detected it.

"What's this?" Leia asked. "There's something wrong with your back..."

Luke managed to speak up "It must be where they took that chunk out of me to clone and regrow skin to heal Father."

Anakin walked over and looked at it. "No, that's not the same spot." He pointed to the place where the specimen was taken. "What IS that?" He wondered along with Leia. They wished they had a droid on board, but in their haste, Han and Leia had abandoned them, along with Chewy, on the Kashyyk of the past. Leia carefully slid an instrument under Luke's skin. He screamed in pain. Leia gasped. It was some kind of implant! She ran a check on it with the Falcon's computer system. It came back as a known substance, something used as a time controlled drug to slowly seep into a person's skin at intervals, affecting their mind! A chill went down her spine. Someone was using Luke! But who, and why?

Anakin came over and examined the now removed implant. "I've seen these before, the empire used them on people. Because Luke is a Jedi, his mind is too strong to be controlled, so they had to put it in his body and let it work its way through his system that way. This makes perfect sense! Though Luke was leaning to the dark side from the moment he killed the Emperor, he was never pure evil until....." he stopped talking and searched his memory, then resumed. "until after he took me home from the hospital!" He slammed one fist into the other. "There must be a droid still loyal to the empire working there, and he did this to Luke when he went in to donate tissue! Only XC-454 worked on me, and he is neutral, so I didn't get one. That explains it all! I am so relieved my son isn't really as evil as I thought. I didn't think Luke would put out my eyes and try to kill me. This took him over the brink and used his conflict over the dark side to send him too far in the wrong direction. When we get back, I will find that droid and destroy him myself. Then we will find out if he did this to anyone else, find them, and remove the implants."

Leia looked shocked at her father. He was a good man. He had really changed inside, but he looked just like the Anakin she had seen on the balcony with Padme. This was strange, but good. Of her own free will, she embraced him. He hugged her back, and they both we

14. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    For the forces sake ! Luke was manipulated :eek:That is certainly a whole new aspect !

15. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Anakin was manipulated too but in a different way. I know what happened to Luke was lame though! I mean it, if you can think of something better I might change that part, it is kind of a weak part of my story in my own opinion.

16. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    One more introspective soul searching chapter for the characters before things really start to happen. I'm posting it and one more...

The Skywalker Dynasty

Chapter 19

Luke's head was spinning, and aching. As he stirred himself awake, he didn't know where he was. He opened his eyes and strained to see his surroundings. Soon the blurry haze cleared and he slowly recognized the interior of the Milleninum Falcon. How did he get here? It took him awhile to remember. The last of the drug from the implant was weakening and draining from his body, and it gave him a sickly feeling of withdrawl. It had taken his dark side leanings and magnified them much stronger and led him to do things he never would have gone so far as to carry out, and made it impossible for him to resist on his own. He didn't even want to think of all the people and creatures he had killed or hurt on his rampage, or things he must have destroyed. Surely his name was even more well known now, but not for the righteous avenging hero he originally had been. While all feared him and none would challenge him, he felt so ashamed. He wished he could take it all back. He struggled for the strength and the breath to speak. "Father." His voice cracked, barely audible.

Leia came in to check on him, and saw he was awake. Quickly she rushed to his side, sat down and put her hand on his forehead. "You okay?" She asked, stroking his sweaty hair from his forehead.

"Oh Leia, I feel terrible."

"Terrible in pain, or for the things you did?"

He turned away. "Both." There was only one person who would understand how he felt now. "Leia," his big blue eyes begged as he spoke, "go get Father. I have to talk to him." She just nodded, and went to get him.

On the deck, Anakin was talking to Han about the ship. "You know, I always desired to fly this ship." He admitted.

Han gloated with pride. "Really? People call her a bucket of bolts, but this is a very special ship."

Anakin laughed quietly. "You have a hard time imagining Darth Vader coveting your ship? Well, I did. I was always amazed at its escapes and abilities. Frustrated, but amazed just the same." Han snickered when he heard this. "No, it's true! I always did have a thing for a good fast ship. You know, I was a podracing champion as a youngling. In my youth I was quite good in a speeder, you should have seen me. When I was Vader, there were times when I would go off to my private chamber on the Executor, take off my suit and mask, lay back and try to find some races on my vidscreen." He and Han both got a laugh out of that. "It's funny, really, everyone on the star destroyer was terrified of me, that I'd choke them to death at any moment, and they thought I was in there spying on their every move and thinking evil thoughts. Sometimes I was, but sometimes I was just resting and enjoying a good podrace, if I could find a signal in the right part of the galaxy. I know a good ship when I see one, and this is a fine piece of machinery."

Han swelled with pride. That was quite a compliment coming from such an experienced pilot. Anakin was almost afraid to ask, but he did. "Do you think, maybe, you'd let me fly it sometime? Not now, I will leave the time travel to you, this is too important. But may I have a turn, another time?"

"You won't get a scratch on it, will you?" Anakin just looked at him and smiled. "In case you haven't heard, I am the best star pilot in the galaxy."

"Well, we will have to put that to the test sometime, shall we?" "You're on. " They both smiled and shook on it.
    Anakin leaned back in the copilot's seat and sighed, staring out the window at the stars, and thinking about so much. "You know, Solo, you have no idea how devastated I was when I was blinded and thought I'd never see, never be able to fly again."

"Oh, I understand, I can relate to that." Han said, as they both conjured bad memories. Anakin felt waves of remorse he had been partly responsible for Han's carbonite ordeal. "Oh yes, that's right, you do. We have a lot in common, Solo. I like you." Han loved hearin

17. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    The Skywalker Dynasty

Part V "My Immortal"

Chapter 20

By ASW

The Millenium Falcon screeched through time and space, acting strangely and frightening all those on board. Would it not work again? Should they even have tried? Were they too late, or lost forever in space? No one really knew. Obi Wan was wondering how this would affect him, being a spirit, but so far so good, the force had decided he should stay. Han and Anakin, in the pilot and co-pilot positions, were doing everything in their combined amazing skill to bring the ship and the mission in successfully. Leia came out of Luke's room and could barely stand to watch. She was so afraid she had made the wrong desicion, and they were going to be too late to prevent the tragic events. But, what if they weren't? What did she really expect to do? She thought of how strange it was going to be, 2 Anakins, 2 Obi Wans, she and Luke both adults and babies inside her mother, it was confusing. What was going to happen? The worry and tenseness made her heart beat strangely, and her hands and knees go weak. She was so thankful to have Han and Anakin at the controls, and Obi Wan's spirit was around. There was no one else better in a fight, or piloting, or getting out of trouble. Or into it!

Han and Anakin were shouting and struggling to control the ship with all they had going for them. At last, calm and silence. The shaking, the flashing lights, the time travel seemed to be over. Han and Anakin steadied the Falcon and searched the instruments and coordinates to determine their location. It had to be the right time, and the right place. Mustafar, or at least Coruscant, 24 years in the past. The stars were back to normal now. Space seemed its usual self. They spotted a planet. Anakin's heart sank. "That's not Mustafar, it was orange! We have to try again, go!"

Han understood his desperation, but couldn't do a thing. "I'm sorry, I can't. We were the first to experience time travel, and as of now I can't really control it. We were most fortunate to make it back to our own time, and here again. We will be luckier still to make it home."

Anakin could not accept this. "Why did you bother to bring me here if we weren't going to make it?" He was tearing up. So was Leia. "We had to try. And we can STILL try. Han, Father, what is that planet?" Han looked at his instruments. "I'll check it out, I have my suspicions, but I'm not sure."

Anakin put his hand in front of Han's face, but did not turn his own to face anyone. "You needn't bother, I know that planet, I recognized it the moment I saw it when we came out of hyperspace. I'd know it anywhere. It is Naboo."

"Naboo?!" They all yelled out in surprise at one time or another in the next half minute.

"How is this possible?" Leia asked.

Obi Wan, who had survived the turn of events, looked at her. "I think that question is beyond any of us, anymore, my child."

She was feeling so lost. "What does this mean?"

"Well" Han spoke up, "let's take her down, and find out." He proceeded to carefully take the ship through Naboo's atmosphere.

As they broke through the clouds Anakin announced, "it IS the old Naboo!" Like Chewy had done with Kashyyyk, he recognized it as different from what it would look like in their own time. He could tell by the landmarks and the scenes, it was indeed the Naboo of the past. "We might not be too late to save Padme, she must be here, or we can find a way to contact her if she is on Coruscant, let's land and see what's up."

They took it down. It was a very smooth landing considering their trip. They parked it in a discreet location and set out on foot. Obi Wan was invisible to all but force users, and Luke, Han and Leia would not be recognized by anyone since they were not around, or not grown, back then. Anakin felt lucky to find one of Luke's old Jedi cloaks in the back of the ship and he put it on, hood up, to conceal his possibly well known identity. The mood seeemed depressing. It was not a normal day. Anakin sensed the worst. Accosting a strange gungan, Luke asked him what w

18. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    I dont think so , but after all thats just my opnion..

19. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Oh I thought you were making fun of it! Thanks for clarifying.

20. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    Ok Now its getting abit soppy, and ... IF y<ou can control time travel then they would be abkle just to travel where they want .. so Anakin could practically get to Padme in this time where Leia has been as well. and come on . I am not criticising at it is yours, but He shouldnt not be so emo...

21. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    They don't really have an official time machine, it was caused by a malfunction in the hyperdrive and went back in time by mistake and they can retrace what they did before but not totally choose what they want to do like in BTTF. It seems to only go certain places- and now I'm making excuses like people do for plot holes in the real Star Wars, lol.

Yeah he's awful 'emo' in this whole thing. He suffered all that time, then thought he had a chance, now he just can't stand it. But it's not too late yet.

One more chapter for now, hope this one isn't too 'out there'. Then onto save a few more...

22. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    The Skywalker Dynasty: Chapter 21

"Father, NO!" Luke and Leia screamed as they ran toward him. He did not stop. He closed his eyes, steadied his grip, and aimed to thrust the lightsaber through his own chest, ending his life, and releasing his soul to save Padme.

Obi Wan was frantic! "Anakin, don't!" He screamed. "We aren't even sure this will work! You will be dying for nothing!"

For a moment, Anakin stopped. He looked at Obi Wan. "I cannot continue to live with the guilt of knowing what happened to her, knowing that my love for her destroyed her. For that, I can never forgive myself. Having this second chance to save her, and failing, made it more unbearable than I can ever overcome. Goodbye, my master."

He looked lovingly over at Luke and Leia. "Don't die, father! We love you, we need you!" Luke cried out.

"We wanted mother, but we don't want to lose you too. We just found you!! Please, stay with us." Leia added with desperate, pleading eyes that reminded Anakin of Padme's.

He couldn't stand it. "I love you all, but I cannot go on. Please, fulfill my final desire. I told her once I would give my life for her, and I will. Please allow me this. Take it." The last words were a whisper as he once again closed his eyes and his mouth and concentrated his effort on aiming the lightsaber into his own chest. Luke made one last lunge to try to stop him, but he was too late.

Anakin collapsed to the ground, the lightsaber still in his hand. No one saw a visible wound. They wondered what happened. Had he died of heart failure? A broken heart? Shock? Luke bent to touch his father's pulse in his neck. It was not gone. He touched his chest, and felt a faint breath.

Just then, a voice came from behind him. "Anakin is not dead." Luke did not recognize the voice, but Obi Wan did. They all turned. It was Qui Gon Jinn's force spirit. Beside him was Yoda's All were still and silent. Even Han was given the benefit of being able to see all the spirits now. Qui Gon spoke: "We have been searching the force for you, Obi Wan, and for Anakin."

"Have I displeased you, Master?" Obi Wan inquired.

"No, you have not. You were right to help Anakin. I had disagreed with Yoda on many things, but we have explored, and learned a lot. Still, in all of our travels, and discoveries, we have seen nothing so powerfully moving as the scene I just witnessed. I have watched Anakin all these years, and I have been both amazed and greatly disappointed. But this is our chosen one, he has repented, and is redeemed. He will recieve his immortal soul, but not on this day. He had indeed brought balance and love to the force. Anakin is a Jedi who has more than earned his favors. He was willing to give up not only his life, but his rare and valuable difficult to attain immortality as an individual for love. He has shown selflessness, compassion, and, at last, no fear, and ability to let go, even of his most precious possession, his own life. For this, he will be rewarded."

The group looked at Anakin crumpled to the ground, and at the spirits, and wondered what was going to happen next. Now, Yoda spoke. "Born of the force, he was. Lived of the force, on both sides of the force, he has. Die of he force, sacrifice his own soul, he was willing to do. Travel and learn from Qui Gon, I have. Wrong was I. Humble am I."

Qui Gon gave an approving look at Yoda, and spoke again. "My discoveries of the workings of the force are great. Change much, I can. Whether or not it is the will of the force to do so in all things, I have yet to know, so I will not always act. But if there is anything so surely written in it at this moment, it is that Anakin Skywalker will suffer no more. This is an event of monumental proportions you here are about to witness, because it has never, and may never, depending on cirucmstances, ever happen again. This young woman should never have died in the first place. A disturbance in the force was caused by this, and will be corrected. Anakin deserves what is about to occur, and I will use all my eternal and mystical energ

23. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    hmmm I wonder if Padmé doesnt wonder that her husband has grwon 20 years odler :p

Anyway... Id like this chapter, Even a nice yoda :D
    and now are they going to bring This Padme to this anaklkin of the past and get in the present to have padme seeing there living as well?

24. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks, I really do appreciate your comments and imput!

Anakin does not look older because they healed him using cloned and accelerated growth tissue samples from Luke and Luke is young. The skin went right over his old bone structure, so Anakin is older but he looks like he did in ROTS. Plus the force just restored his body to health in that blue glowy scene when Padme came back to life. He will joke about the age difference not mattering anymore though!;) And she will wonder what happened to the baby when she finds that pillow lol!

The place they went back to was in the same timeframe as the one Han and Leia had been stuck in, only they missed Mustafar going to get Anakin and Luke. Now they still have time to save Chewy and the droids, and Yoda will leave them one more surprise that will really help them when they get back to that mess going on in present day Coruscant!

25. AnorexiaStreetwalker

Mar 10, 2007
    The Skywalker Dynasty: Chapter 22

After the spirits were gone, the remaining members of the group stood in awe, in joy, in love, and embraced. Anakin and Padme literally could not keep their hands and eyes off of each other! She was still a bit in a daze, and had not fully regained her coherent mind enough to consider everything or to ask questions about what had happened, or who Luke and Leia were. It was going to be a lot on her when the time came to fill her in, but the only thing that mattered now was that she was saved, alive and healthy, and back with Anakin.

That night, under the stars, the gravediggers returned to bury the empty coffin, never realizing she was not in it. For now, it was best no one else knew the shocking turn of events. As far as everyone else knew, she was buried. Anakin felt terrible for her family, he would have to let them know somehow. The group in the Millenium Falcon was gone from the gravesite, but still in the past time as they left Naboo's atmosphere.

Luke was now helping Han copilot, since Anakin was too busy cuddling with a sleeping Padme. He had to hold her every second, afraid if he let go, she'd disappear, or die in her sleep. She did not seem real to him as he held her, looked at her, touched her, smelled her hair, tasted her lips. It was a dream come true magnified. Finally, his eyes closed, and his head tilted to the side. He too was asleep. Leia, seeing them, smiled, and covered them up to their necks with the Jedi cloak as a blanket. Then she joined Han and Luke at the pilot seats.

"Han." Luke said with a smug smile. "have you now seen something that would make you believe there is a mystical energy force controlling everything?"

Han's eyes started rolling before all these words left Luke's mouth. "What do you think?" was his only answer. It was obvious.
    Luke, turning to Leia, laughed. Leia was so relieved to see Luke back to his old self. It was overwhelming to them to have their parents on board! They had missed all their growing up years, and now what? Leia's mind raced to strange questions. They were still back in time, could they still go find themselves as babies? Would Anakin and Padme decide to stay in their own original time, how would this effect the future? It was a lot to grasp and comprehend.

If only they didn't have to think about it right away, they would need time to plan what was best. Or did they even know the answer to that. They all stared out at the stars, and Leia, standing behind her brother and her betrothed, stretched her arms around both sets of shoulders. "Lately it's occured to me," she said, "what a long strange trip it's been." They all laughed. "That is the understatement of the epoch!"

Just then, Han's communicator began to beep. He picked it up, and heard a crackling but desperate call for help. It was Chewy! Oh, poor Chewy! In all the confusion he and the droids had been left on Kashyyk, during the Clone Wars! Chewbacca explained to Han that his borrowed piece of junk ship had broken down in midair, crashing. He and R2 were okay, but poor Threepio was again dismembered and in dire need of repair! They were all three trapped, and were doomed to be killed by droids or clones or both if Han did not come right away! Han looked to Luke and Leia for approval. "Look, gang, whatever else we have to do, I've got to save my buddy." Luke and Leia agreed, they would not have it any other way.

The Falcon set its course for Kashyyk, still in the same time. It wasn't long before they approached it, and Chewbacca guided Han to his location via the communicator as the ship landed. The hatch opened, and Han and Luke jumped outside. Leia stayed inside with her parents, still sleeping off their major and otherwordly experience. She kept guard with her own blaster.

Luke spotted Chewbacca as he ran toward them. "There he is, Han!" he pointed out.

"Over here, pal!" Han screamed. This only alerted the enemies, who were in pursuit. The situation appeared desperate. While Han and Chewbacca tried to hold them off with blasters, Luke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.