main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm back from vacation! I probably have a ton of fics to catch up on and I know some of the tags have expired, AND I gotta update my diary, but right now, my cat wants cuddles and my bed is looking SOOOO comfy (my mother wanted to stay an extra day, even though I really wanted to get home, so I'm so tired).

I thnk fairy tales is fine for June/July, but it isn't much of a challenge if we just pick our own, IMO.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Is it just fairy tales or Disney fairy tale movies? I think both would be good. Some fairy tales are dark.

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'd like to do just classic Disney cartoon movies, because there are A LOT of stories people consider fairy tales. I think we should do like a number thing like we did for the last challenge.

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Then I may just write a story on my own outside of the challenge...I don't like being "assigned" things...Others may not feel that way, but I do.....plus, I am trying to beat writers block....not make it worse :(

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Feel free to do it on your own (I know how annoying being assigned something is when you are having a creative roadblock, it's the entire reason why I took woodwork in high school and not Art).

I just feel that a challenge should be a challenge.

6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm having trouble reading the L/M fanfics, the chapters are cut off one quarter to half way.

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    It's a known problem since the move

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    All pre-move posts have been cut off at 10,000 characters, which really only affects fanfics. They are working on fixing it... or so they say.

9. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    i've been trying to read Dawning, but with the cut offs, it's confusing

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I know we aren't supposed to talk about specific fanfics here, BUT, word has it that the author is sick of people bugging her for it, so sometime over the next few days she will be staring to revise it to post a new and improved version back up here and to FF.N. ;)

11. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    good news, sorry if i annoyed anyone

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The author is annoyed with the whole truncation issue, and the people whom she emailed the story to and never got any sort of reviews from. She is happy people want to read her masterpiece :p

13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    It was a good story. Luke's portrayal was apt in it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nah, we are all annoyed with the truncation. Many of the writers here have their stories posted over at Fanfiction.net. If a story you want to read is truncated here contact the writer to see if it is posted somewhere else in an unscrewed up form. Keep reading!

Are you a L/M writer also? You might want to try some of this thread's writing challenges.

15. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    newdawn12 on fanfiction.net, working on turning ch 22, of Alter of Waru into a whole AU

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ah, you told me about that. Good luck. Let me know when you are going to post.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm still working on my secrets challenge. I may miss the deadline, but I haven't forgotten about it! I just got stuck.

19. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Hi Ho! Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you. It's me, Madman007, back after my long hiatus. Haven't written anything in a year or more. Been through job changes, too many schedule changes, death of my grandpa, financial woes, dealing with my con artist uncle......shall I go on?

My muse has left the building for the past few years. The events I listed above attributed to that. Plus, I was more than discouraged when my last epic I wrote here got a whopping zero hits, much less any reviews. So, I thought what was the point?

Then, the other day, I found some of my old stories that I posted on this new site. The reviews there brought out my confidence from hiding and my muse is calling again. The problem is, now the plot bunnies have fled. So, what's the best way to get them back?

That's right....tackle a writing challenge!

So, as I see there should be one more Secret left on the list for the April/May Challenge. I ask humbly if I could take #9 #9 #9 #9 #9. (thanks to the three people who got that!). Can't promise I can finish by month's end, but hey, at least you're getting me writing again.

Thanks!

Tarsier likes this.
  20. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
  22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I guess it is June now (it's been a weird past few days for me). Do we want to start some sort of fairy tale/Disney challenge right away or wait a few weeks?

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I have no preference. I am going to pass on this challenge. I really don't know the Disney movies.

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I will probably pass, too. I need to be working on the story I plan to have finished before Nano. We all know how slow of a writer I am. [face_laugh] However, I do like fairy tales so we'll see. What is the challenge exactly? Just to twist a fairy tale?

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I have no idea actually. Does anyone mind if we don't do a challenge for June and do it in July/August. I'm kinda swimming in projects right now that I wanna get done by the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.