main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    No, I figured out how to cut it with it still making sense. I really didn't want to write those parts anyways. Thanks though.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi guys!

I've finally started posting my postsecret challenge - Out of the closet
    Go there and read it. I need feedback to continue the story.

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Great story Hazel.

What's the most unusual fanfic with L/M you have read, for me it's Imperials, on FFN

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hi newdawn12. Welcome to the SJRS.

Here we try to avoid talking about specific stories, but feel free to talk in terms of plot.

Perhaps a better discussion topic would be: what is the oddest LM plot you have ever come across, or thought up yourself?

5. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ok what is the oddest L/M plot you've seen, or imagined?

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    not sure what the oddest plot has been...

No activity for a month? too bad we didn't go with that fairy tales challenge. Now school will be starting for many....

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh poo. I COMPLETELY forgot about the fairy tales challenge. As some of you know, real life was not kind to me last month and I've yet to fully mentally recover.

Do we still want to do it? I leave the country in about a week but I can quickly make up a challenge.

8. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Who sets up the challenges?

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I would like a challenge.

10. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    May I give you one?

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ok. It can't be any sort of 'pick a number' challenge unless someone else wants to run it (I'm going completely off the grid from August 14-22). Does anyone want to run something, or do you guys just want a simple fairy tale challenge done like my earlier challenges?

12. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Hi all, I've just returned after an age away from the SW fandom and trying to get used to the new boards! How is the state of play around the good old' SJRS?

I'd probably be up for participating in a challenge.

JediMara77 likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Where have you been JadeLotus? I missed you! There have been some good L/M stories written in the last year. I look forward to reading some of your new works!

14. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    DRL, unfortunately, and other fandoms. But I'm glad to be back and get into reading some great fics - if someone would like to rec some I would be very grateful :D

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I really liked Ginchy's http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7789470/1/Echoes-of-Always][/url]Echos of Always. The problem with stories started before the big move to the boards is they are truncated after 10K characters. So if you want to read pre-move stories you probably need to go to FFN to see if the author posted them there.

I would recommend all of my stories, but pimping your own fics is not allowed. I did take over and finished RedGold's fanfic Second to None. I was pretty happy about that. It drove me crazy that she wrote two chapters and then quit. I'm glad she gave it to me to finish.
    [​IMG]

Leroy! Stop pimping those stories!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello JadeLodus, I don't think we have actually ever interacted here before, but welcome back. I've read many of your stories.

With the truncation issue it's pretty much impossible to read any pre-move stories, and the index is kinda broken due to the link issue anyways. But there has been a couple good LM stories posted by Jedi_Lover, me (small, shameless pimp) and a few others. I'm considering aproaching the other mods once I get back from vacation to see if I can start up a new post-move LM index/discussion thread. Perhaps a new one will encourage more newbies to post? Yay/Nay?

I'll see if I can think of a challenge that does not require my participation and post by the end of the day.

17. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sounds like a great idea, Bri,

JadeLotus, I'd like to say hello and welcome. I'm Emerald, one of the few others that Briannakin mentioned. I look forward to interacting with you.

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I think I remember you, JadeLotus .....you wrote angst L/M fics right?

I'm working on a fewfics right now...I can't really plug any of mine that are posted&finished....unless you're really interested

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Definite yay from me!! :)

20. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Yay from me.

As for a challenge. Why not something simple like we rewrite a L/M scene from one of the profics to make it more romantic. There had to be a billion times I wanted Luke or Mara to stop screwing around and get at it. Even after they married I wanted them to be more romantic.

Or I would like to see a story that followed Mara or Luke's thoughts from the time he gave her his lightsaber until she left to where ever she went...which obviously was not Luke's bed. [face_bleh]

21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Welcome to the boards, @JadeLotus

That's a great idea, to have an L/M index

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Good idea! Though with the truncation, many of the stories will still be unreadable, at least the older ones, but at least the links could be corrected.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome to the SJRS AUGUST CHALLENGE!

Since I am off to visit some castles in England (and be a complete history geek for a week), this challenge will be fairly simple. I will be in castles and you will be writing about them (possibly)! For this challenge you must take the plot of a classic fairy tale (Grimm or otherwise) and insert Luke and Mara into it. If you don’t feel like writing the entire fairy tale (though you can find some examples of pretty condescend fairy tales all over the internet), just write a scene from it.

To make things a bit interesting, don’t tell your readers what fairy tale you picked: see if they can guess.

You must include the words:

-Popsicle
    -Catastrophe
    -Pittance

There is no due date. Have fun!

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    hmm, I am terrible with titles (currently my title reveals the fairy tale), so I am not sure if I could do this exactly as you have written, but this challenge sounds fun. :)

25. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    I don't know many fairy tales so I looked up Grimms' Fairy Tales. Wow! Most of them are horrible snuff stories! I can't believe parents used to read those stories to their kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.