main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I love that outfit - finally, the poor girl got some sleeves!

Gemma and taramidala like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Why is Luke shooting Force lighting out of his fingertips? Did he ever do that?

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I think he's catching lightning to absorb it. Remember Yoda did that in ROTS when he's fighting Palpatine?

4. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    Thank you. I appreciate it. I, uh... I've got another question. Same subject. It's the necklace. Is there anything in the books about it?

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    Luke actually uses some form of Force Lightening in DNT. Another reason why I'm glad that series is no longer canon. It sucked.

Anyways: Re necklace: I don't recall anything about it - in DNT or otherwise - but I also read the DNT books on a series of red-eye flights, so I'm not one to ask. A couple of the other Japanese book covers have her wearing other necklaces and I don't remember anything significant about them.

6. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    Good. Thank you again.

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I don't think Mara would wear necklaces, personally, at least not in casual and/or combat gear. Doesn't make sense to have something around your neck that people can grab onto in a fight - and Mara's probably always prepared for a fight.

Jade_Pilot and aleja2 like this.
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    I don't think Mara would be the type to regularly wear necklaces either.

I saw this pic and I thought many here would appreciate it. Man, Mark is looking very Grand Masterish with a bit of Old Hermit Ben Kenobi mixed in. I wouldn't doubt that he'll play a role similar to the late Alec Guinness - part of the action, but also the wise old master.

[​IMG]

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    He's looking good.

10. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing, I was like stang Mark's looking good.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As someone young enough be his granddaughter, I am glad that there are some other younger male cast members that I can fawn over. However, I'm really liking the beard. He looks really good.

EDIT: OMG! July's SJRS challenge: Mara's reaction to Luke with a beard.

Gemma and Kahara like this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    OOh, I can think of what she would say... yay! I

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh god, I want to write it now! Bahahahaha! I have so many ideas!

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Dammit I am still writing chapters for the last challenge!

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ok, I can see how some of the past challenges have had mega potential to become multi-chapter fics (that's my whole purpose for doing them - bahahahahaha), but how can Mara's reaction to Luke having a beard turn into a epic?

Also, I understand. My ep 7 challenge fic is trying to get turned into a full fic.

16. Kahara

Kahara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_rofl] "Did you grow that, or did it just move in?" (Actually, he looks pretty good with facial hair. ;))

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh please...when do I write anything that doesn't become an epic?

Kahara likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_rofl] Oh god, Mara would have a field day. I think he looks excellent in a beard - I've seen older pics of him with a fully 'filled in' beard and he looks even better, quite dashing actually - but I think Mara would have something else to say.

EDIT: Yes, true, but that's why I do the challenges ;)

19. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I'm not sure my entry could be posted here. Nor could ginchy. [face_laugh] [face_devil]

Gemma, JadeLotus and ginchy like this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]TO LIVEJOURNAL WE GO!

Gemma and ginchy like this.
  21. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    You mean like this? :D

[​IMG]

JadeLotus, Gemma and ginchy like this.
  22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah. What is that from? I've seen others, like this. Was that that video game he did in the mid 90's with the live-action cut shots. I've seen the trailer, but I didn't think he had a beard.

EDIT: nope, just found the trailer for Wing Commander IV and he does not have a beard.

24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Bri, it's from a movie called Slipstream. You can find the whole thing on Youtube. It's pretty terrible. [face_laugh]

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. As much as I love Mark Hamill, most of his stuff is rather bad. I'm rather tempted, the wiki article makes it sound... entertaining. BUT I have an essay to write and my MUSE IS BACK! But I'll probably have to watch it one of these days when I'm in the mood for a good groan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.