main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Well my fairytale challenge has been turned into a full fic...when a plot buddy bunny calls it calls

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Fragile Hope and LOL on Mara's reaction to the beard. Not every dude can pull off the beard thing and look distinguished -- glad he can pull it off. :p

Don't want Luke in Ep#7 to look too much like a hermit :eek:

3. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    If you make it an official challenge I think I can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Bearded Luke ginchy-shine...oh the possibilities. :D

Gemma likes this.
  5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I saw him today. He very deliberately stroked his beard during the parade. :D

JadeLotus, Briannakin , Gemma and 3 others like this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Tease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asajj_Kenobi likes this.
  7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Beard stroking could be taken so many different ways. [face_devil]

JadeLotus, Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! You are going to release the bunnies!

9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Thank you so much --- your comment made me laugh really hard and I have been having a really horrible week - so again thank you.

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    OK, BEHAVE Y'ALL :p

My muse is back and wants to write so much! It's great, except for this stupid essay in the way, but after that, I WILL FINISH MY NANOWRITEMO (that I failed miserably). I've been thinking about doing a July Nano, but with how delicate my muse is, it's probably a bad idea.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  11. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Am I the only one not loving the beard? I preferred the stubble, personally.

The Ep VII challenge is still going, right? I have finally been inspired.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't like the beard either, but it would hide many flaws of his face that resulted from his auto accident and reconstructive surgery. I'm not saying he looks bad, but he doesn't look like that 'Too hot to be a widow' drawing we all love.

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Yeah, the beard hides all the flaws from the accident that are now showing with aging. But it hides the dimples, which...damn.

All in all though? He looks fantastic!

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    He does look great and I didn't want to sound crass about his looks, but he actually looks younger with the beard. I saw a nice drawing of him over on Starwars7news.
    [​IMG]

Gemma and Kahara like this.
  15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Yup, that fan art has been going around since last year some time. The artist is Phil Noto.

16. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh, I think he looks great, and in the photo the beard actually looks alright, but watching the video it's a bit scruffy for my liking. That and the beard would seem to indicate widower/hermit Luke, which I guess was expected...

17. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Well, I think once he gets to set it'll be groomed to match whatever Luke's circumstances are. He might have been told to grow it out as much as possible and then they'll take care of it, you know?

I'm just in awe of the weight loss, honestly. He looks trim and fabulous.

Gemma and aleja2 like this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Because everybody knows guys with beards never get the chicks. :p Don't be so negative. Maybe Mara liked him scruffy. I do think the make up people will probably do something to make that beard look acceptable.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Eh, it's a personal thing, I'm not fond of full beards. I don't mean to be negative, I really do think he looks great :)

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I used to be like you JadeLotus. But then I learned not to knock it until I tried it. :D

Nyota's Heart and aleja2 like this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I didn't mean don't be negative against beards JadeLotus. I just meant that if Luke does have a beard in EP7 don't give up on Mara appearing. I am hoping against hope that J.J. won't totally disregard characters from the EU (and I mean characters, not necessary EU back stories). If you are going to give H/L kids why not call them Jaina or Jacen instead of making the movies totally foreign to the people who kept SW alive between the movies by providing a big influx of EU money. I have always seen a two tier level of SW fans. There are the movie goers and then the people who go a step beyond and do cosplay, fan art, fan fiction, fan movies and such. It is like the difference between a Firefly fan and a Brown coat. I would never compare my Firefly fandom as even approaching Brown coat level.

Briannakin and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I do think the beard was a good choice for Mark because it does cover a lot of the scars and the aging. Mark IMO couldn't pull off the 'too hot to be a widower' Luke, but he does look great. The beard is a bit scruffy, but if he's at SW Weekends, then I don't think he's filming yet (I could be wrong), so it could fill out more. But the weight loss is pretty incredible.

But I understand personal preferences. I hate stubble - it either gotta be a full beard or clean shaven.

Gemma likes this.
  23. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Mark and Gleeson aren't at Pinewood for filming yet.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I like the look of military men (short hair and no facial hair), but since I have been around military men all my life I guess that is normal.

And yes, I know guys can have a mustache in the military, but it is frowned upon with officers.

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Mark did say today that he wished George had given him a girlfriend. So there's that. ;)

Gemma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.