main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh ladies.

ginchy likes this.
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Ack! So sorry for the double post! The website went all code-y on me!

3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Heh, it's not even Turkey Day yet and I'm already looking forward to what the December/holiday challenge and/or discussion will be. [face_batting]

ginchy likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    TURKEY DAY HAS PASSED [/disgruntled Canadian]

Yeah... I probably should get thinking about that, however, seeing that I am currently hyped up on caffeine so I can get a chunk done on my paper about pirate amputations (don't ask), fluffy holiday fics are the last thing on my mind. So if anyone has suggestions, feel free to say them. We did a LM version of a fic-gift exchange a few years ago, but with participation waning on stuff like that, I don't want to take away from the participation of the fanfic-wide version of it.

5. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    LOL, no offense to disgruntled Canadians.

And who says they have to be fluffy? [face_mischief]

*receives unanimous glares of doom from other SJRS fans*

Well, okay, TRADITION. :p

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Why not just make a blanket sort of challenge so that those who enjoy holiday fluff can write that and those who don't can write anything they like? Something like, "Write a fic, concerning a holiday of your choosing. Include these three elements: snow, a bell, and bright lights."

That way it's pretty open to interpretation. ;)

(Or you can change the three elements. Just suggestions. And good luck with your paper, Bri!)

taramidala, divapilot and Jade_Pilot like this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys, just a quick announcement. I’ve talked this over with Mav and I will be locking the SJRS around Dec. 1st and posting a new Luke and Mara Index/Discussion thread. There are several reasons for this:
    - This thread is almost 8 years old – both Mav and I agreed that it is time this got updated
    - I was never the original creator of the SJRS – I was never really given that much freedom with this thread. I would like to start anew and kinda update it to go with some of the newer policies
    - Seeing that the original SJRS website is long dead in terms of the internet, we felt it time to update so newbies aren’t intimidated by the appearance of a long-standing society.
    - Mav and I both really want to encourage new character and relationship indexes and discussion threads, so I thought this would be a good way to start.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Sounds good to me.

9. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

I approve of this plan as well. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.