Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Me three! I love interviews! :D I can lend a hand, if need be, just let me know.
  2. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Well, here's what happened with the Interviews: [face_blush] I started them, but DRL got crazy and I couldn't keep up with them and the L/M Index. Bri expressed an interest in hosting the interviews, but we never got together with the info - which was totally my fault - and then I lost the sign-up list and questions when my PC crashed. I still have the photobucket link for the Interview button, but that's it. :(

So, I guess we're back to square one, unless Gabri still has that wonderful list of questions. [face_batting]

You still interested, Bri? Or do you want to pass or assemble a team? [face_peace]

(I'll have to bow out on this one, as my e-plate has gotten pretty full.)

3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    If Bri or anyone wants to assemble a team, I'd be tickled to pitch in--not with webmasterish type stuff, ;) but anything else. :D :D :D

Trace: *wriggle!!* Would that e-plate happen to contain a Circle sequel? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :)
  4. MirandaFair Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love to see a revival of SJRS interviews as well. If extra hands are needed to help, please count me in, too. :)

Trace, thanks for all your hardwork. [:D]
  5. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    I might still have that list, Trace. Let me check my files and get back to you. [face_thinking]
  6. Bri_Windstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello lovelies [:D] sorry for the delay in reply, i just got in from a 15 hour drive back to Ohio after spending a week in New Orleans for spring break. I haven't seen hide nor hair of internet in over seven days. :p

No worries on not getting the info to me, Trace, stuff happens and I totally understand. :) I just wasn't sure anyone was still interested since so much time went by. :p I'm super tired and incoherent right now (but still addicted to internet so I at least had to check in :p ), but I just wanted to say that yes I'm still interested in running the interviews and am SO psyched to see interest once more! :D Lemme get some sleep, and I'll pop back in some time tomorrow to see what everyone wants to do and hopefully we can get something up and running!

*more love* [:D]
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    do we have a current challenge going at all? Just curious.
  8. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Informally, we had the First Date challenge for a while.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new one? [face_love]

9. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hmmm... it's all Springy and happy outside here. What about something... fluffy?

*waits while everyone complains about ginchy and her fluffiness ;)*

Maybe something along the lines of rewriting fairy-tales with a L/M twist? Too cliche? Too awful to contemplate?? [face_laugh]

10. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    actually something like a fairy tale makes me think more of Han and Leia for some reason (like sleeping beauty). But the Emperor as Malficent from Sleeping Beauty.......heh
  11. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm... Maybe take 'Sleeping Beauty' as Luke in VOTF, and Mara as the 'Prince Charming' role, she woke him up to himself there. And the Dark Side was Malificent.

I don't know, I was just trying to think up something! [face_laugh]
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    What a great idea!! Anything that involves L/M and smooching it up!! Maybe Mara could be Cinderella [face_mischief] :)
  13. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    HEY!

I was talking to the lovely and talented Jade_Pilot and came up with a new idea for not really a challenge but an activity... what about a Round Robin??

Wouldn't that be a lot of fun? :D That way we could just write a little bit of a larger story. I've done a few in other fandoms and always found them to be great fun! And I know with all you talented people, well... even better! :D

Just another idea. ;)

14. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I remember trying to plan a round robin with members of the Mara Jade fan club. As long as it was well organized (plot wise) and planned out in advance (always a good idea) I think it'd be a cool idea. I probably couldn't participate because I have too many fics I am trying to write.
  15. Bri_Windstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, I'm bypassing mentions of fluff. :p But it's interview related. :D :D

Hey yo dudes, I'm going to start taking author requests while I work on organizing format and structure behind the scenes. It's still in the fledgling stages, but why not get the ball rolling? I believe Emmi was the only one interviewed so far, so the field is pretty much wide open. You can send them to me via PM to avoid flooding the thread. :)

EDIT: Forgot to include questions! If you have any questions you'd liked asked of someone, send em my way, too! I'll include them in the interviews. :)
  16. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    I have never done a Round Robin before, but the way ginchy described it sounded like a lot of fun. I'd love to see how people would take a story line and run with it! And ginchy, we all know what your chapter would be about! ;)

Mine would probably be about chocolate!
  17. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Woot!!! Mush and chocolate!!!!!!!! Is there a better combo? Toss in a hot tub and wine and some sultry sax in the background and the scene is perfection!! =P~ *ecstatic sigh* Can't wait!! [face_laugh]
    I'm literally melting at the thought of L/M feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries. Oh, gracious!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  18. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    Thanks for taking on the interviews, Bri-chan. Let me know if you need any help. [:D]
  19. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    *pokes head in*

School is eating my life! I miss you guys!

*hugs to all*

*ducks out*
  20. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    I've only had once previous Round Robin experience and wouls love to get in on the ground floor of another one. L/M is not a 'ship I have any experience, but I'm ready to try. As a matter of fact, I'm open to a vig challenge to prove my metal for the RR. PM me with a challenge idea and I'll try to get it done within 10 days. If I have more than one PM, I'll pick one. Thanks. I'll be on the lookoutfor more details.

Edit:

Challenge idea: Luke and Mara are doing something utterly pedestrian, when random external stimuli makes the completion of the mundane act of vital importance.

Too vague? Am I punch drunk from [face_tired] a new baby in the house? perhaps. But, if someone want to take this idea and specify it a little for a general challenge then please do. :)
  21. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    here's a round robin idea and it does not involve staying in the bed all day long or the use of a tub. Its an actual plot idea:

Luke and Mara have been married a few years. Mara is pregnant. After leaving a recent appointment, something happens and Mara is injured and develops amnesia. But here's the twist: when she starts to recover, she has reverted to pre-Thrawn Trilogy Mara AKA Mara that still has the command to "Kill Luke Skywalker". The biggest twist she's still pregnant with Luke's child and doesn't realize it. [face_mischief]O:)

22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Congratulations to Brodiew. @};-
    Now, to Liz: what's wrong with M/L staying in bed or ... soaking ... in a tub? [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_mischief]
    And Liz's idea--hee!! evil indeed. :D :D :D Now... how does Luke help to get Mara's memory back? :) :) :)
    Lands, a fun idea!! Lots of possibilities!
  23. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, with all this talk of bubble baths and staying in bed all day and amnesia, perhaps we should write a 'Star Wars' soap opera. Just who is this father of amnesiac Mara's baby? Later, on Guiding Force. [face_laugh]

Okay, after that, I think I am going to stop offering challenge ideas. ;) You now, when I mentioned "fluff" I never meant it had to be plotless or contrived. Was just throwing out something I thought would be fun. Anyway, good luck if y'all decide to do the round robin!

And I'm still looking forward to author interviews. :D
  24. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh ginchy lee! You always make me laugh!

And I always enjoy your fics--you've taught me so much about writing and L/M. :)

With your many years of writing fanfic (10 years now, isn't it?) I humbly bow in your presence and hope that someday I'll be half the writer you are.

Speaking of which, it's my one year anniversary as a ff writer! :D But I'm still a babe compared to you!
  25. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Happy anniversary to Jade_Pilot. [face_dancing] Time does fly when you're--and we're having fun!! :D :D
    And as to talent, J_P is the queen of happy endings!! :) :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade