main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/DSCF2311.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/DSCF2309.jpg]

:D

Picked her up at Celebration V last year. It was $15, but I had to get it.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Too cute, JediMara!

I wish I worked somewhere that I could have fun things sitting out! As it was, having a SW themed poetry magnets on my locker got strange looks. LOL!

Some place that Luke could torture the rest of them but would be fun for him, like Dagobah! :p

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SO COOL!!!!!!

I want SW Legos now.

Where did the Skywalkers go on their first family vacation?[/quote]

I'm thinking Tatooine.

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Notice how quiet we get when we're trying to be respectable? [face_laugh]

That being said... I found my copy of Black Magic Woman. Just as good (and horribly bad) as I remembered. [face_mischief] =P~

Annnnyway, back on topic. I love the idea of a Skywalker family vacation. Goodness knows that if anyone deserved a vacation at any point, it was the Skywalkers.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Is it bad that I now really want to dig through my little brothers' closet to find all my old Lego to play with it? Being a older sister to much younger brothers has to have its perks, right? But, sigh, University readings call my name.

I'm thinking the opposite - somewhere that would be torture for Luke, but fun for Mara and Ben :p

Another random little question: in YOUR perfect AU, how many Skycrawlers do Luke and Mara have?

In mine: two - Ben and a little girl just after the war. Although, I do like the idea of them having a boy before Ben, the Ben, then a girl, but I haven't played with the idea much in my crazy head.

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I'll actually be writing this next year. :) A boy and a girl. Ben and a Skyscreamer. [face_laugh]

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    At least two or three. I have a feeling that is all Mara would be able to handle. I think Luke is the type of guy who wouldn't mind a dozen kids.

8. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    One might say I've gone a tad overboard.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/927f66d5.jpg]

(That doesn't count the calendar and other various posters/artwork tacked to my cubicle walls.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nah, you can never go overboard with Star Wars.
    [image=http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af196/RealEstateOneAgent88/2011-11-09_12-30-52_492.jpg]
    This little guy is with me at work. It is yellow jacket Luke. My coworkers are probably wondering why I am not doing work and why a minature Luke Skywalker is watching me while I write fanfics.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You already know my answer, 4 kids. Ben, the twins Samira and Serena, and Garen. Garen being a sort of unplanned late surprise.

Skyscreamer? [face_laugh]

I'm dying to read that. :D

That's inspirational. :D I WANT ONE!

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Five. I want them to have had five kiddos.

12. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    LOL - am I the only one who think one is just fine? I can see Luke as the father of twelve if it was - but I don't think he could settle for a quiet life - and I can't see Mara do that either. Two, maybe, if they'd started right away after Union - but then again, I'm glad they got some time to themselves before they started on that project.

And late comment on the undies fight - Falconfan is amazing!!! And I love Allston for giving us that scene (he's my fav SW augtor - he so often manages to nestle a Luke-treat into his books) but why did he have to put that shirt on him?!?? In my head Luke definitely sleeps in skivvies or sleeping pants - maximum [face_devil]

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Kids... I can easily see them with three or four, and as ginchy always says, Luke should totally have a daughter.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Luke needed to have a daughter, seriously. I want him to have like 5 granddaughters in profic.

I can see Luke wanting 12 kids, but settling for just a few because that was what Mara wanted/could handle.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I agree that you can never have too much SW geekery at work.

Here is a (bad) pic of the poetry I had on my locker. Everyone else had picutes of their significant others, their children or grandchildren and I had none of those things so I had this. At least it gave me something to do when I was bored. :p

[image=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e272/mavjade/IMG_0426-1.jpg]
    It says: This Princess successfully taught a tauntan the double-crossing Mynock. (That was my favorite one!)

As to the kids question, I always felt like Mara probably wouldn't have wanted more then two, so I would have liked them to have had a girl so they could have one of each. Then they needed to have a million grandbabies! [face_love]

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Those are awesome!

I never did use my locker in high school, it was always in the shavitiest place. Now that I'm in university, I have no place that is mine. I do, however, have random Star Wars pictures as my background on my laptop that change every 5 minutes.

I used to work every December at my aunt's Christmas tree farm and sometimes there would be hours where there would be no costumers, so I'd pull out my laptop and watch Star Wars.

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hee! Yes, I always wanted them to have a daughter, too. I would be fine with two, a daughter and Ben. But I'm just insanely happy that at least we got Ben, you know? I was scared that he and Mara wouldn't have a child at all for awhile!

Love all the cool SW 'shrines' at work! All I have up is my OT poster from Wizard Magazine (some guy offered me $50 for it one day!), my Artoo and Yoda Pez and my 'collage of hotness' which is just a bunch of random Luke pictures I cut out of this page a day SW calendar I had a few years back. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is there a Luke Pez? I got a hot young Obi-Wan Pez.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Here's my entry for the Rewrite challenge - Dotting the i's

I mushified the last scene from VotF.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is the rewrite challenge still going on? There are tons of scenes I would like to rewrite. LOL!

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, I think so. It's the entire month of November. I might do a few more myself, but I'll probably step out of the appointed books.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yup. The SJRS one is on till Nov.30. The details are 2 pages back.

I will hopefully have time after I make supper to post details for December's challenge. It won't start yet, but it does require you guys PMing the sock with some answers.

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    The tagline of BMW cracks me up. "Evil has never been more erotic." [face_laugh]

24. Luke_Mara_Index

Luke_Mara_Index Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    Hey Guys, Gals, Darths and Jedi Masters!

Don't worry, November isn't over yet! However, December's challenge requires some for-thought.

For December, all who want to participate will write the same scene (or very similar ones at least), HOWEVER, certain details of the scene will be given to you by someone else! I call it: SJRS' Details Exchange Challenge

We will all be writing Luke and Mara's first holiday together (canon or AU is up to the writer).

There are three things, however, that are not up to the writer. All who want to participate must answer these questions and PM them to the sock:

1) What is the name of the holiday?
    2) What does Mara give Luke as a present?
    3) What is Mara's reaction to Luke's gift to her?

Please, get your answers into the sock BY NOVEMBER 30th. I will put everyone's names into Darth Vader's helmet, randomly draw a name who details someone will get and send them out by December 4th (possibly earlier). You will get till December 31st to write and post them.

If you don't mind writing 2 pieces for this challenge, encase someone can't do theirs, please say so in the PM.

Thank you!

On another note, you guys should really check out Mavjade's/the Mod's fic-gift exchange as well when she posts it. It is really fun to do!

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm not reading most of the current books, but I do lurk in Lit. Does anybody know what this is about? There's a Mara clone? Whaaaa?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.