main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    You really should finish the NJO. It's still a good series, IMO. I'm in the middle of it, and Mara's character has gotten a lot of the justice it didn't have before.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I don't know if this is a spoiler or not. I was in Wookieepedia looking up the term Mnemotherapy a technique used by the Theran Listeners in the most recent books with Luke, Ben and Vestara and I see Callista Ming mentioned in the following way:

Mnemotherapy (also known as vein routing) was a Force technique used primarily by the Theran Listeners to visualize the target's memories and eradicate them. Luke Skywalker was taught Mnemotherapy, and used a powerful version of it, to free Callista Ming from Abeloth.

I don't remember reading this in any of the books. I am not sure if it an entry based on a rumor or somebody having access to the next novel. Do you think the authors are actually thinking about bringing the bodysnatcher back!!!:eek: I swear if they pair up Luke with that undead Force-reanimated corpse I am NEVER EVER going to buy another profic book again in my life!!!!

I wouldn't mind Luke finding love again but isn't there ONE normal woman in the galaxy that he could find?

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That was in Conviction, J_L. When Callista truly "died."

I went and saw TPM in 3D last night. I don't think I do midnight shows anymore. I'm so tired. Mara was good and didn't wake me up, but I still feel guilty sleeping later than 9 am.

I am going to marathon edit WotF today. Nine chapters to go. Think I can do it? We'll see. [face_worried]

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Force! Either I didn't read that book...which I doubt...or I subconsciously refuse to read or remember anything with Callista in it. That scared the hell out of me! And I could see the authors doing it just to irritate L/M 'shippers!!!

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Conviction is my favorite FotJ book. And I loved the parts with Luke and Abeloth/Callista, whatever you want to call her. I am not joking when I say I cried at that scene. It was so beautifully written, and Luke was so Luke. I told Aaron Allston that he made me cry when one of my least favorite characters died, and he thanked me. Then we had a chat about how to make unlikable characters sympathetic. LOL.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I looked up the book on Amazon and I have it and read it...but I have absolutely no memory of the scene you described. I really think my mind blocks out those types of things. Of course I am on medication for PTSD and I think it affects my memory.

Or I might have seen the word Callista and just turned the page without reading any more. Weird. I guess I need to make sure I finished that book.

8. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    Speaking of spoilers, I know I'm gonna have to take a break from large sections of the boards when Apocalypse comes out. I'm no where near caught up with that series. :(

That, and even when I am caught up, I know it's gonna be a while before I read it. I prefer buying paperbacks to hardcover editions. There's something about holding a smaller, more malleable version of the book in your hands.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I read what little was said about Apocalypse on Amazon and supposedly the Jedi find out something shocking about Abeloth. I think she's really Palpatine in drag.

PLOT BUNNY!![face_laugh]

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You and me both. I'm pretty caught up with the timeline, though. I have yet to read the 8th FOTJ book, but come april when I am done exams, I'll be buying and reading them both.

With a title like Apocalypse, you KNOW stuff is going to go down. Personally, I hope it's the end of Abeloth and the Sith tribe. Either that, or the end of Luke's dream and he wakes up in a medcenter bed in Mara's arms :p

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'd love for APOCALYPSE to end with Abeloth's demise, but considerind that it's SW Canon's trademark that the villan never stays dead, I doubt it very much. It might even seem that she died but we know she'll be returning.

13. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The Rocky Horror Star Wars Show !! Palpy as Frank...etc. Use your imagination!

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Can't you just picture Palpatine walking around in fishnet stockings singing "I'm just a sweet transvestite!"

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, I can't and won't because I do not want to be disturbed for LIFE.

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    You people are so wrong.

17. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    YES!

Hasbro can shut up and take my money!

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    And my money also. I can't wait to get my Mara and Luke doll together. [face_laugh]

I posted a Luke Skywalker response to the write/rewrite challenge...do you think it is too...wrong? Two-onebee

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes! And by 2013, I'll be 19 and able to buy stuff like this off the Internet. I don't care how much shipping will be.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wonder if the Mara Jade Skywalker doll will be available at Celebration VI? It may be another reason to go.

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Don't get too excited. Rumor is that the figure will be based on the Adam Hughes artwork. Grr.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am not familiar with his work...does that mean she gets the green forest fairy outfit or the spandex camouflage bodysuit? I think they should use the cover photo from Survivor's Quest.

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/015/1/3/Mara_Jade_by_AdamHughes.jpg]

No offense to Adam Hughes. But that's EMPEROR'S HAND Mara. Not Jedi Mara.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe that is Mara Jade Skywalker doing a little dress up bedroom fantasy game with Luke. His only objection was trying to peel that leather off her...and those two voyeristic stormtroopers watching.

But yeah that isn't Mara the Jedi.

25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yeah, I think Mara would get heat-stroke hanging out on Yavin IV in that. But I'll still buy the action figure. LOL

Here's my Feb challenge post:

Gungans are Green, Twi'leks can be Blue...

My chore was 'changing the sheets'. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.