Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
  2. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Gemma likes this.
  3. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
  4. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a good drawing. But I'm on a campaign against the catsuit right now. :p
  5. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Try it now. Yeah, I don't like the leather cat suit but I do like the body tone and hair and even the look she has on her face. It's like she's thinking, "Do I really want to kill that sexy farmboy?"

Updated link
    Gemma likes this.
  6. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I like the hair and the expression, BUT THAT DARN CAT SUIT ANNOYS ME MORE THAN LUKE'S GLOVE!!!!! Also, isn't Mara supposed to be pale?
  7. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    She is suppose to have light skin like most redheads, but I don't think albino. I don't think the skin is that dark. Maybe she just got back from Tatooine, or it is a spray on tan.
  8. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I have my brightness setting really low, so everything looks darker on here than it actually is.
  9. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    I like her expression too - Mara caught in a thoughtful moment.

But yeah, the catsuit... o_O and the boobs... Do you think Palps had her spine extra strengthed so she wouldn't get backproblems? I mean, Shira Brie was physically altered - and she wasn't even a Hand...?
  10. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

But I thought Shira was a hand...right? At least that's what the Essential Guide to the Force says. And Wookieepedia. I think. *goes to look*
  11. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, Shira was a hand, then Luke shot her down, Vader fixed her up and she became his hand.
  12. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it is more like Vader fixed her up, she became his hand and then he 'gave' her to Palps to be an Emperor's Hand. [face_thinking]
  13. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I guess I wasn't specific enough there. She wasn't a Hand at the time she got the physical alterations. I second Hazel here. According to the comic, Luke finds Shira's file and reads that she's been raised in the Palace as an experiment of adolescent indoctrination - and that's where she's altered to reject pain and accelerate physical healing process. Later she was selected personally by Vader to infiltrate the Alliance. The Hand's were Palpatine's private project and he'd never have any information of them where others could access it. And In Jedi vs. Sith, Vader introduces her to Palpatine as Lumiya and that's after she's been shot down by Luke and become a cyborg.

But I base my opinion on the Marvel and JvS - now thinking of it, I think I've read that she's later been retconned as a Hand. [face_thinking] Anyway, to heck with Shira - my point was from the Marvel, giving the impression that physical alterations was part of that adolescence project - and they couldn't have been Hand's all of them. :confused: Or could they? Force know what they retcon next? [face_worried]
  14. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    How about Mara's death? Retcon that and make it all a dream. The more I write L/M fanfic the more irritated I get that the authors killed off such a cool character for no good reason. You could have had Jacen attack her and ALMOST kill her. That would have been enough for his full turn to the darkside.

I'm still mad that Jacen went dark. He should have went gray. It is such a waste of a character. Have him go gray and he could have taught the Imperial Knights along with his sister. There could be a conflict between the Jedi and Imperial Knights and that would have been an interesting story. I am sick of Sith. Why do the bad guys need to be Sith? Tarkin wasn't Sith and he killed billions of people. Why can't we have normal psychotic bad guys? A super evil slicer that makes the Holonet crash. Or some nutcase with a ysalamiri that is sniping Jedi. Not every bad guy has to be Sith. Jacen could have just went crazy by Vergere's torture.

I guess I am getting sick of the profic books screwing with my emotions. They get me to like a character and then they kill them off.
    Gemma likes this.
  15. Mondra Jedi Knight

star 1
    You are right, Donna. And when you're right, you're right. :D

As for the picture, it's fantastic. I hope I can draw like that some day...
  16. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Mara's death just pisses me off in general. Luke deserved to grow old with her. End of story.

Also, this move thing is annoying. I said we weren't going to do another challenge till after the move, but it's the end of February and we don't even have a date for it yet. I'm wondering if we don't have a date by the beginning of March, if I should post another challenge.

I can't wait for June! There's the whole I'm turning 19 (the legal drinking age here and the small matter of receiving my inheritance) but it's also my maternal grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, so the SJRS challenge is going to be inspired by that.

It's my 2 year TF.n anniversary *throws confetti*
    Gemma likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Stopping rubbing it in Briannakin. [Sarcasm]" I'm young and free and I'm going out partying!" [/sarcasm].
    Meanwhile I have to break up fights between two pre-teen boys fighting over who gets to play Skyrim.

I bet we won't see the move until the end of March.
  18. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    :p You had your chance to be young and free, now it's my turn!

I have decided that I am NOT putting up another challenge for March because of the move, but if you guys want another number for the chore challenge, just ask. #s 1, 6, 7 and 9 are still free.
  19. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I was in the Army at the age of seventeen...so,I don't know exactly how free I was. But have fun during your birthday.;)
  20. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    ATTENTION LADIES!

We have a new Grand Master Skywalker picture. Unfortuanately this one is with that other redhead, Daala.

[image=https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429402_10150651630143713_67519418712_9001210_1101428496_n.jpg]

"STFU, Daala. I'm taking my glove and going home."
  21. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    WHY????? Why the black glove of doom??? WHY WHY WHY?????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

However, I love having a new Luke pic, even if it's not as hot as the THTBAW pic. Which I should just post for good measure since it's a) hot and b) THERE'S NO BLACK GLOVE. (We can't see his hands, so I'm calling it as no glove.)

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/ginchy/masterskywalker2.jpg]
  22. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Mommy! (sorry, need to get a recent pic of my mother to post on here. She seriously looks so much like Daala, especially in that pic, it will make you pee yourself laughing.) But what is with the eyepatch. I know she has a cybernetic eye, but I didn't think she had a patch.

I like it, but you can't really see Luke's face. He does look appropriately aged though. Not as nice as the THTBAW pic.
  23. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's "Talk Like a Pirate Day" in the GFFA and Daala was getting into character.
  24. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Not gonna lie, that pic is straight-up AWFUL, IMO. Yuck.
  25. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    After looking at if for more than a sec, I think Luke's face is totally off. I like how they drew Daala (with the exeption of the pirate patch - seriously! She did not have that on the back of Allies). And I like Luke's clothes (exept for the Michel Jackon one glove thing :rolleyes: ). His hair is kidna long, but I've seen it worse. But my problem is the nose. And the long face.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade