Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    That sounds like either what happened to Mara and Luke after your trilogy or some kind of role playing game. [face_devil] [face_laugh]
  2. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    My evening is saved! :D
  3. Luke_Mara_Index Force Ghost

star 1
    DID WE ALL SURVIVE?????? I hope so.

Just a few notes:
    1) Don't worry, we did not lose 99% of the index. The "movers" had issues with some sort of 10,000 character limit on each post and are trying to fix this. And I do have the index backed up in several places.

2) The revival of the boards has come at a really bad time for me. I'm about to start my second year of university (with a full course load - eek!) in a few days. This means the index might be a bit icky for a few weeks. I'll try to get the purty pictures back, but it may take me a while. I want to make sure we get the full index posts back before I go messing with details. (Though, if someone could help me out by going back a few pages and collecting links, titles and authors for February's challenge, I would be grateful.

3) If you sent me links to put up on the index before the move, resend them to me in a few weeks, please. I need to alter the template bit so it works with the new 'conversation' system. Again, I don't want to do this until we get 100% of the index back

4) For reasons stated in point 2, there will not be a challenge for September, but I am sure you all have wonderful stories on the go or completed to post.

TL;DR: Don't mind the construction sounds. Talk amongst yourselves.
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Oh goodness. I just realized something REEEEAAAAALLLLLYYY bad. ALL THE LINKS ARE BROKEN. This was the one thing I could not prepare for. Unless there's something the mods can do, short of searching and replacing EVERY SINGLE LINK (which I draw the line at), there's no way to fix this.

I'm not going to bug any of the mods just yet (though I want to bring @mavjade 's attention to this to see if she has a quickie answer). But if there is nothing that can be done, I am willing to start up a new index with a new sock, where people can contribute and help me compile a new index (say people PM me their stories, but also say so and so is not around anymore, but their stories were up in the old index so here are the links and infos, or something.
  5. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    i don't know if any of my Luke and Mara stories survived the move....I can't fnd them...they aren't listed in my "posts" and I can't find them by searching.....wonder if they were victims of the mighty Move-Lac (cousin of the Sarlac).....and if I do have backups....unfortunately, they are on my old desktop....which is not set up anymore.....and doesn't have a monitor...
  6. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Yeah, links not working was one of the things we knew about before moving back here. Hopefully, we'll have a fix for it sooner rather than later, so I wouldn't go through and redo all the links just yet; we're certainly not for our things (the mods), my luck we'd get a fix just as soon as we fixed it. ;) Links were a little further down the list in things that need to be fixed.

Edit:
    @Jedi_Liz: Last I heard, the search function wasn't up yet, though I haven't had the time to find out if that's still the case yet. We're pretty sure we got everything here (minus some truncatedness) but it's possible we've lost something a long the way. If we did, we still have it in a backup.
    Last edited by mavjade, Sep 3, 2012
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I managed to find my only in progress fic...I thought the last reply/bump was late last fall....but it was just in February. I bookmarked it, so once the index gets back on track, I'll give the person in charge the updated link(s) for all my fanfics for this index.
  8. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
  10. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi guys! :D

edit: testing the edit mode
    Last edited by Hazel, Sep 8, 2012
  12. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
  13. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey look its some of my favorite people I just met! :D Hey ladies!
  14. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    anyone else waiting until the coding and truncating issue is fixed before updating or starting a new Luke/Mara fanfic? I am definitely waiting....my brain is sort of not working right for writing anyway......but I've got a lot of plot bunnies........one that is inspired by a reality show + a book I like.
  16. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Who are you? ;)

Wassup, ladies?

Honestly, @Jedi_Liz, I've been posting any L/M bunnies I've had on my LJ and the LJ that @ginchy and @JediMara77 started before the hiatus.
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I'm posting a new fic because the character limit doesn't affect new posts, but it is kinda annoying that I can't edit the title to tell people I've updated. I'm blaming that for the lack of replies.

But I'm waiting for the issues to be fixed before I update Dancing Inside or post the ending to Dustland Fairytale. I am SOOOOO glad those were the only things I left unfinished before the Move, and DI is just a vignette series, so it really doesn't matter when I update.
  18. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Liz, to find your fics (all of 'em) go into your profile and find the "threads posted by you" link. They should all be there.
  19. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    @Jade_Pilot your icon pic just about made me pee myself laughing.
    Jedi_Lover and Jade_Pilot like this.
  21. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I found them the harder way....looking through pages and pages of the fanfuc forum's posts before the profile posts thing was fixed cause when we first got here, it wasn't (I didn't see posts from recent times, but i saw ones from 2004). Now to wait for the truncating issue to get fixed.

I have a lot of plot bunnies for new fics, just not much motivation..but I can write outlines. :p
    Last edited by Jedi_Liz, Sep 8, 2012
  22. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    I need a swift kick in the pants to start writing again. Anyone else the same?
  23. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Yes, you do. And I will gladly give it to you :p

I am still writing these days (amongst my piles of readings and essays - which don't count as writing), but I have moved onto original fiction, at least for now.
  24. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    Kick her Bri, kick her!
    I definetely can't 'cos I'm in the same state. I've staretd slowly, oh so slowly to write again the past two weeks, keep fingers crossed that I manage to keep it up. I have a very, very rough version of chapters 1-4 of Quagmire II and I fear it's slow going at least four, five chapters still before I dare even to start editing. So many details need to fall in place in my poor little head! But at least RL now allows me to remember pretty much where I left last time - that helps :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade