main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. No. You PROBABLY couldn't post it here (but I'd still read it). On a simmilar note, someone needs to tell Trace to finish Taming of the Jedi, or else I may approach her and do it, and I shouldn't because I have better things to do with the few hours a week I get to write.

ANYWAYS. Ummm. That's a good question. I'm sure we all know of at least one fic that we love that was never finished, but incorporating that into the challenge would be difficult. First of all, obtaining permission from the original author may take just a few days, or you may never get a reply. I'm going to say no, because if you are going to contribute a bunny or unfinished story for someone else to write, then go off and find an unrelated unfinished story, someone's contribution isn't even going to get picked and will have zero chance of being written. More than likely if the person brings it to the challenge, they themselves won't really want to write anything.

But say if you knew I was going to participate and you knew of a plot bunny I had or an unfinished story you were interested in, you could pester me to contribute it.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    TRACE FINISH....The TAMING OF THE JEDI!

[​IMG]

HURRY!!! I've been waiting 5 years!!!!

Maybe that will help. :p

Please, please, please let me write the nanobot story. [face_laugh]

Gemma and kataja like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: Finally worked my way through the post-move posts here [face_laugh]

ginchy Looking forward very much! to the "Prince and Spy" tale. :D :)

I think it's cool that quite a few the NaNo participants are branching off from ff to original fiction [face_batting]
    As to jumping back into the writing thing I had/have ongoing viggie series on the SW side which I was able to go back into. On the NSW side, I started a new thread and am itching to fill out earlier threads which are shortened, but I'm holding off [face_laugh] Also doing one-shots. :cool:

Will be doing a Mara diary next year -- as a prequel to I, Mara Jade and compliant with TTT. [face_dancing]

1. Winter/Luke: Now this is a cool pairing because you see them as friends during the OT, and then once they lose their life-partners, they might just explore a deeper, different kind of relationship. Winter has the advantages of being "familiar" and not icky as to her origins, etc. :p

2. I think if anyone can pull off the W/L pairing, it's Bri. @};- [:D]

3. OT, I think in Honor thy Father, she's gonna have Callista do the Cray thingy except with Luke :yuck!!!!: :eek:

4. This might have been done but I don't know by who: I would love to toss out a bunny on the OT side where Mara is the Rebel and Luke the Emperor's Hand, although he doesn't have to be Vader's son. He could be Vader's actual replacement if Vader was defeated by Luke or Palpatine. And/or Mara could still be the Emperor's Hand and Luke an infiltrator from the Rebellion. [face_thinking]

5. Another one which I would love to toss out there involves an NJO rewrite where all the crazy stuff no one liked is undone: Jacen isn't Vong-warped, Anakin survives, and Mara doesn't get that pesky illness, and Chewie survives also; but still there is plenty of action and romance and adventure to go around. Danni and Jacen could even get together and Anakin and Tahiri could definitely become a couple. Yay!!!!!
    And Bri I'll take one of your pesky bunnies, or any one else's that they feel stuck on -- like Nanci's. [face_batting] [face_dancing]

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You guys are killing me. That would be awful! So Callista takes over Luke's body secretly and then because Callista liked men...she starts making advances on young Kyp. LOL! PLOT BUNNY!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Don't inflict that on my hot!!!!!! Kyp [face_laugh]

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Well, if he is so hot, why wouldn't Callista go after that young stud?

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    All my plot bunnies are of the original fic variety right now! Which is good, considering I have two more books to write. I do plan on writing a vignette to go along with Knights of Plooma around Christmastime, as a fic to all my L/M loving friends. :)

My other L/M plot bunny is of the very angsty variety, and I'm keeping that one for future use. [face_skull]

kataja likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, there's no question that she would have good reason to ;) but Kyp should have a romantic interest that is quite so irregular :p

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl]

Maybe she'd just spend a lot of time...er...surveying her new body.

And my ears have perked, Nanci...a Christmas ficcie???? =D=

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's true. It it was me that took over his body I would lock myself in my quarters for a while to check things out. Ahh...that is maybe not the best idea. I probably would cause a scandal by taking photos of myself with my iHolophone and tweeting them to fangirls.

Gemma likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_hypnotized]
    I don't know if I feel confortable giving one of my sleeping bunnies to any of you crazy ladies. You're all nuts.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Come on, I'll be gentle.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    ^
    |
    This is how I feel after reading this morning's conversation.

Anyway. Jade_eyes, I'm glad you support my W/L idea. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WOULD THINK THAT I'D HAVE CALLISTA TAKE OVER LUKE! I am evil, I will give you that, but I'm not THAT evil.

I'm trying to focus on original stuff too (darn plot bunnies of the FF verity are slowly dying off, thank god). I'm hoping to get my novella done by the new year, I might do a short FF to give my brain a break, then I'm starting my first novel! It will have a Sci-fi feel to it, but it's only going to be 50 years in the future. I think you ladies will all enjoy it. It's going to have spies, bioengineering experiments on humans, and the father in a coma 8)

Gemma and Hazel like this.
  14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    my [face_sick] was the talk that an 80 year old Luke would have....desires. Sorry, but that makes me sick. I don't want to read any stories like that! Nor do I read them, ever.

15. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Hey, if 60ish Luke looks like the pic I've so aptly named "Too Hot to be a Widower": [​IMG], he's only getting better with age! ;) But unless I missed it, Luke's only 23ish in Bri's fic.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ginchy, you did miss it, Luke would be 70-75 in the fic. But humans don't age the same way in the GFFA as they do on earth, so I think 70 year old Luke would still have it going on ;) but I guess that fic wouldn't be for everyone. That one is off the to-write list!

17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Oooh okay. But I mean, look at the pic! 70 is only 10 years away from that. And I like that. [face_devil] (But some people don't want to read about it, and that's cool, too!)

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I would read it. Hell, I would write it and insert myself into the fanfic as his young love interest.:D

I think the EU standard year equals 10 Earth months. So wouldn't that make 70 year old Luke around 58 in Earth years? That means the current Luke is really a few years my senior. Send "Too sexy to be a widower" my way.[face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, according to my math, that's right. If you use average life expecancies in the GFFA compared to earth, GFFA humans age about .8 of a year for every year.

It might make it as a 2 or 3 part LJ fic if I'm felling adventurous one evening.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    So Luke is not an old man...he's a middle aged man!
    Jingle: "Middle-Aged Man. Middle-Aged Man.
    He has powers and knowledge that are far beyond younger men.
    Middle-Aged Man."

Come on, who wouldn't want older Luke? He has decades of sexual experience and he is still young enough to use it.

I can see him doing one of those Cialus commercials. His speeder overheats so he struts into a store and buys bottled water. He then comes back to the speeder and takes off the radiator cap. He quickly uses the Force to prevent the boiling water from spurting out and giving him second degree burns then seductively pours in the water. Then, after giving the camera a smug look he takes off in his now functioning speeder.

I'll tell you what. I wouldn't mind sitting in an open field with Luke both of us lying in adjacent bathtubs (can somebody tell me why public bathing in the wilderness is sexy?). ;)

Gemma, Belle1214 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    *facepalm*

I don't get the bathtub on the beach thing either.

As sexy as I think Too Hot To Be a Widower Luke is, I think I'd prefer Ben, just because of my age. 19 y-o Ben would be much more mature than 19 y-o Luke but still has all the appeal.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I don't blame you. I don't think anybody here will fault you for not wanting to be with a guy that's over 4 decades older than you.

Luke's more my age so I would prefer him. If I dated Ben I would be put on the Sex Offender list and I would probably have the death sentence on 12 systems.

[pushes Ben toward Briannakin--"here, he's yours!"];)

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Apparently I like younger men, so ESB/RotJ Luke is right up my alley. ;)

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay! He's mine :)

Hehe, JM is the real-life cradle robber around here ;)

Luke in ESB is HOT, but not as mature as Ben is now in canon. I like my men mature.

Gemma and Belle1214 like this.
  25. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Plot bunny up for adoption: NJO AU (and it's even more dismal than the actual NJO): Luke goes dark to save the galaxy from the Vong. Pregnant Mara goes off to find him and bring him back. I've got a few partial scenes written that I can send along if anyone's interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.