main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Skywalker Lineage - Apostolic succession

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Akar, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akar

Akar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    According to TPM, Anakin was concieved by the midichlorians. In RotS it was alluded to that perhaps Anakin was concieved at the direction of Plagus or Palpatine. Is their a reason or "back story" as to why the Skywalker lineage was chosen? I recall hearing once that the Skywalker line had ties into some ancient group similar to Christ's 12 apostles. And because Shmi was the last surviving person from that ancient clan, she was chosen.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Um, where did you hear that?

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Did Palpatine tell you that?

4. Akar

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, I can't remeber where I heard that. It seems to me that I read it somewhere - but it's been a while ago. As for Anakin being concieved due to Palpatine, I heard that it was alluded to in the book.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It was alluded to in the movie as well. However, I think that was just another of Palpatine's schemes to get Anakin to join the dark side. The FORCE created Anakin, not any living being.

6. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    So the Jedi say...

7. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    as we all know, the prophecy (like most "prophecies") were comprehended solely from each side's point of view. I believe the reason Kenobi had such an altered view of the Force (and why he fed Luke the "so what I said was true... from a certain point of view" stuff) was because his interpretation of the prophecy, and essentially the Jedi's interpretation of the Prophecy was flawed.

As Yoda said in ep3, "a prophecy, misinterpreted could have been."

The same goes for Anakin's conception itself. Shmi's cryptic conversation with Qui Gon will be a source of controversy for years to come, but I think many overlook the key: the vagueness of the Prophecy itself. "meditate on this, I will." [face_thinking]

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Akar may be referring to Lucas' earlier ideas about the Jedi Knights pointed out in Larent Bozereau's The Annotated Screenplays book.

In the book, Lucas thought that the first Jedi was a man named Skywalker who first discovered the force and how to harness it. He passed his knowledge onto his 12 sons, who passed it to their sons, and the jedi knights were born.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    They need to canonize that-that's a great idea.

10. Akar

Apr 29, 2003
    Thats it! I knew I heard thata somewhere. It's nice to know I wasn't loosing my mind. And yes, that should be canonized. It's an incredible story that would add to the weight carried by Luke and Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.