main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode III: The Chosen Future (ROTS AU; A/P, Obi-Wan): Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ?Let me put it this way, Threepio. If you tell me, Padmé will be a little angry with you for a day, but she?ll get over it. But if you don?t tell me, I?ll reset all your obedience algorithms.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Short replies from here on out Lex, now that classes have started for me. [face_tired]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh that Senator, if she's not tormenting Anakin, she's working when she's not suppose to be. If my closet was as big as Padme's I would probably do the same thing, but since it's not, I'll just stick to baracading my bedroom door. ;)

And poor Threepio! Always in the center of things! :p

L.O.V.E.D. these, Lex, and I can't wait to see what else is to come! =D=

3. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice, Lex. Very nice. I love how you put that special touch in their relationship. It just makes it seem more real. These are the kind of things one misses in the movies. Great work! I loved the threepio bullying. [face_laugh] That's always fun to read. [face_peace]

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I loved that line as well as the one about getting out of the closet! Hilarious! But then again, bonus A/A chapters are always wonderful!

jazz

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Loved the extra scenes. They were both right about what they were having anyway.

Great line about recalibrating 3PO.

6. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Wow Lex! These missing scenes are so much fun!!!

If I highlighted my favorite parts, I'd be copying most of what you wrote so I'm just going to say that it was great to see Anakin and Padme get a bit of normalcy for once. Even though their world will never be normal (what with Anakin be The Chosen One and all).

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what other missing scenes you come up with!

7. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    MISSING SCENE # 1: The Twins (Chapter Eleven)

:::BigHugeHappySigh:::

Anakin looked down at their infant daughter snuggled in his arms, then to their son nestled against Padmé?s chest, then into her deep brown eyes. He smiled. She smiled back.

[face_love] I'm a sucker for anything Anakin/Leia, Anakin/Luke or Luke/Padmé. I have to say the Twins as babies in their parents' arms are especially cute.

She laughed. ?I?m going to throttle that medical droid.?

?Did you ask if you were carrying twins??

She scowled. ?That?s not the point.?

Exactly! You would think a droid would be only too happy to correct any mistake instead of not saying anything because you weren't specific enough.

When she drew her hand away he seized it, clasping it tightly and interweaving their fingers.

?I told you,? she said.

?Told me what??

?I told you it was a boy.?

He laughed. ?Well, I told you it was a girl.?

She laughed too. ?I suppose, just this once, we can both be right.?

Awwwww!!!! Happy Version!!!!

MISSING SCENE # 2: Caught Red-Handed (Chapter Twelve)

?Come out, Padmé, or I?ll ??

?Or you?ll what?? Her voice came from deep within the closet.

Anakin marched inside, swatting away billowing gowns and all manner of other garments and accessories as he went. He charged all the way to the rear of the closet, but still didn?t see her.

His voice came out low. ?Padmé??

He heard only a quiet giggle.

Peering around in the dimness of the closet, he finally noticed an odd-shaped pile of shimmering fabric on the floor. He tugged aside the top layer ? revealing Padmé seated on the floor, hunched over, datapad in her lap.

I am officially going on record in saying I think Padmé's closet is the apartment next door. She bought it, had it sealed off and converted it into one huge cavernous room to hold her wardrobe.

And considering how stressful her pregnancy and her labor was she's completely nuts to be sneaking around to do work when she should be resting.

Please send more of these our way. :D :::HappySigh:::

bran

8. jerseyhartnett

jerseyhartnett Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005

Hi Darth_Lex!

i love those missing scenes! you wrote them amazingly well just like you alway do!

i really loved the scene where anakin found padme in the closest... it was so cute, funny and sweet!

can't wait for more!

9. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I was quite amused by the first missing scene. And especially that they were both right about the sex of the baby. Or should we say, babies? LOL! I had been wondering for the longest time why Padme didn't know she was going to have twins!

As for the second missing scene, the line about coming out of the closet made me laugh. :) When Anakin had tracked her down to the bedroom, but couldn't locate her, I just knew, before you revealed it, that Padme was hiding in the closet. *beams* I think that we've all done something like this, but we can only wish that our closets are as large as Padme's, which must be huge to hold all those dresses! ;)

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hid in a closet? Never! <---Lies! [face_laugh]

I agree, every girl needs a closet that big. *considers buying the adjoining villa so I can make an ubercloset*

11. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    So I may or may not have read this entire story in a day...

Anyway, extremely well done as usual, Lex. If only this was how it had turned out, but oh well. What are you going to write now?

12. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Liked the bonuses so far, especially Padme picking on Anakin! Hilarious! [face_laugh] I have to say that Padme hiding in the closet to read the Senate reports reminded me of when I was younger, hiding in the bathroom after I was supposed to be in bed so I could keep reading whatever book I was on at the time. And like the Senator, I usually got caught as well. :_| Awesome post for sure, and as always, looking forward to more! =P~

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Time for replies. :D

Shinar: I liked that line too. ;)

Galactic_Girl: Oh that Senator, if she's not tormenting Anakin, she's working when she's not suppose to be.
    Yep. That?s my Padmé. [face_batting]

And poor Threepio! Always in the center of things!
    It couldn?t be any other way. [face_laugh]

Mr_Dagobah: I love how you put that special touch in their relationship. It just makes it seem more real.
    Thanks! :)

I loved the threepio bullying. That's always fun to read.
    I think so too. Fanfic needs more Threepio abuse. [face_laugh]

Jazz: I loved that line as well as the one about getting out of the closet! Hilarious!
    Thanks! :D Those were fun scenes to write.

RebelMom: They were both right about what they were having anyway.
    Yep. I really wish George had left those lines from the script in the movie, but at least they?re still in the novelization. :cool:

Wildcat: it was great to see Anakin and Padme get a bit of normalcy for once. Even though their world will never be normal
    Exactly. This is about as close to normal as they?re ever going to get. :p

ThatJediScum: I have to say the Twins as babies in their parents' arms are especially cute.
    I agree. :)

I am officially going on record in saying I think Padmé's closet is the apartment next door. She bought it, had it sealed off and converted it into one huge cavernous room to hold her wardrobe.
    [face_laugh] You?re probably right! You?re busted, Padmé. 8-}

jerseyhartnett: i really loved the scene where anakin found padme in the closest... it was so cute, funny and sweet!
    Thanks! :) Those kinds of scenes are really fun to write.

The_Wookie_Girl: I had been wondering for the longest time why Padme didn't know she was going to have twins!
    Me too. :confused: So I figured it had to be the medical droid?s fault. ;)

When Anakin had tracked her down to the bedroom, but couldn't locate her, I just knew, before you revealed it, that Padme was hiding in the closet.
    Well, I guess Anakin still has more to learn about women. :oops:

EP: Hid in a closet? Never! <---Lies!
    [face_laugh] Busted!

I agree, every girl needs a closet that big. *considers buying the adjoining villa so I can make an ubercloset*
    You?re incorrigible! [face_batting]

BigFatty: So I may or may not have read this entire story in a day...
    Okay. [face_shhh]

Anyway, extremely well done as usual, Lex.
    Thanks! :D I do my best. :cool:

If only this was how it had turned out, but oh well.
    Yeah, I know. :_|

Darth_Leia: Liked the bonuses so far, especially Padme picking on Anakin! Hilarious!
    Yeah, he doesn?t stand a chance against her. [face_love]

And like the Senator, I usually got caught as well.
    :oops: Isn?t it always that way?

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! :D

Still working on the other Missing Scenes. ;) I?ll give an update over the weekend.

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I seem to be making this a habit of sliding in after Lex ... just tardy I guess! :oops:

I think the Missing scenes are always my favorites! Isn't that funny? I guess it's because I so enjoy the little glimpses of daily life... even though they would probably slow the main story down. I love how we see the closeness & love between Padme & Anakin in their relationship. =D=

15. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    TahiriSoloFan: I guess it's because I so enjoy the little glimpses of daily life... even though they would probably slow the main story down. I love how we see the closeness & love between Padme & Anakin in their relationship.
    I agree. :) These kinds of scenes would detract from the flow of the main story, but they?re really lots of fun to write. ;)

It?s time to send a great big THANK YOU to all of my readers. I really enjoy and appreciate all of your feedback. :D

It?s also Winter Fan Fiction Awards season again, and I?m truly flattered that TCF received so many nominations. I?m just thrilled that TCF has qualified into the voting round in the following categories:
    Best AU
    Best Action
    Best All Around
    Best Epic
    Best Canon Interpretation, Male - Anakin Skywalker
    Best Villain - Palpatine
    Best Ensemble Cast

So another big THANK YOU to everyone who nominated TCF. I?m grateful. :)

Still pondering a couple more Missing Scenes, by the way? [face_thinking] An update on those in a day or two. ;)

16. Galactic_Girl

Jun 19, 2005
    [:D] Congrats on the nominations Lex!=D=

17. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yes, a big congrats to you Lex on the noms. =D=

I've read this entire series of fics and have greatly enjoyed all of them. You're a wonderfully talented writer.

Kepp up the good work.

18. 3po1ab

3po1ab Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Congrats on the noms! :0) I loved the deleated scenes--they were a lot of fun to read :)

19. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Congratters on the noms! I haven't been around here much, due to DRL, but I would have nominated your wonderful AU story for all sorts of things, had I known about it. :) Good luck and I hope you win all your categories!

Looking forward to the next Missing Scenes. :)

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks for the congrats. :cool:

Here?s the final set of Missing Scenes for TCF. ;)

[b]MISSING SCENE # 3: Old Friends (Chapter Nine)[/b]

?Are you ready??

The modulated electronic voice of the medical droid was supposed to be reassuring and soothing, but it wasn?t. Padmé had too many things on her mind. First among them, the fierce jolts of pain that wracked her swollen belly with each contraction. A close second, the realization that she was about to give birth to their baby without Anakin at her side. She had begged and pleaded with the medical droid to do something, to delay her labor just a few more hours until the MedStar reached Coruscant, but to no avail.

When her jaw finally unclenched, she sucked in a quick breath. ?Do I have a choice??

?No.? Apparently the droid needed its bedside manner reprogrammed. ?But perhaps it would be a good idea to administer an injection for your anxiety.?

Padmé glowered at the droid. ?Who?s anxious??

[i]Honk-bweep. [/i]

She looked to her bedside. Artoo Detoo?s optical receptor was directed right at her face. ?What??

[i]Bwoo-oop.[/i]

?Fine.? She reached for the small datapad.

It read, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THE 1-B.

She glanced up at the astromech. ?You?re just saying that because he?s a fellow droid.?

NO. I AM SAYING THAT BECAUSE HE IS RIGHT.

?This isn?t fair,? she muttered. ?You?ve got me outnumbered.? But she turned to the medical droid. ?Very well. You win. Give me the injection.?

?As you wish, my lady.? The droid swiveled toward a tray of implements and syringes.

Padmé looked back to Artoo. ?I don?t think I can do this alone.?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I AM HERE.

She reached over and patted his dome. ?I know. But it?s just not the same.? She sighed. ?I always imagined this would be a moment Anakin and I would share together.?

I AM SORRY.

?Thank you. But you?re ? [i]Oww![/i]? She whipped her head around to see the medical droid drawing the syringe away from her thigh. ?That [i]hurt![/i]?

?Apologies, my lady,? the droid replied with a sincere affect.

[i]Bwee-oo-ee-oo-eeep.[/i] The datapad translated, CHILDBIRTH IS GOING TO HURT MUCH WORSE.

?That?s not very comforting, Artoo.?

EXACTLY. I AM EXCELLENT AT PREDICTING WHAT ANAKIN WOULD SAY.

She grinned. ?You?ve got me there.?

Just then another piercing ache tore its way through her abdomen. Padmé didn?t even realize she?d closed her eyes until they opened again. She didn?t realize she?d screamed, either, until she heard the echoes of her wail bouncing off the sterile white walls of the delivery room.

?My lady?? The medical droid?s metal fingers rested gently on her arm. ?It is time.?

?All right.? She squeezed her fists as tight as she could. The fingernails digging into her palms were a welcome distraction. She looked to Artoo once more. ?I still wish Anakin were here.?

SO DO I. BUT IT COULD BE WORSE.

She clenched her fists even tighter. ?How??

IT COULD BE THREEPIO HERE INSTEAD OF ME.

Through all the pain, Padmé chuckled. ?[i]That[/i], Artoo,? she said, wincing, ?is definitely true.?

Artoo twittered excitedly, and his optical receptor flashed rapidly from blue to red, then back to blue. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO RECORD THE DELIVERY?

Before she could answer another contraction struck, and a choice Huttese curse flew from her mouth.

Artoo honked. I COULD EDIT THE AUDIO FEED.

?No,? Padmé said, wrapping her fingers into the bedding. ?No editing. If he can?t be here, Anakin?s going to get the full experience.?

[hr]

[b]MISSING SCENE # 4: Impatient Arrival (Chapter Eleven)[/b]

?What?s taking so long??

?I?m sorry, my lady,? the medical droid said, ?but I don?t ??

?We know the Jedi shuttle already docked.? Padmé scooted to the edge of the bed. ?He?ll be here any second now, and I want to be ready.?

?Of course, my lady.? The droid rolled over to the pair of basinets levitating next to each other along the wall. Inside the twins were asleep, swaddled in thick blankets.

She wondered how Anakin was going to react to t

21. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    MISSING SCENE # 3: Old Friends (Chapter Nine)

Padmé looked back to Artoo. ?I don?t think I can do this alone.?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I AM HERE.

Aww! That's so sweet! I'm starting to melt.

Bwee-oo-ee-oo-eeep. The datapad translated, CHILDBIRTH IS GOING TO HURT MUCH WORSE.

?That?s not very comforting, Artoo.?

EXACTLY. I AM EXCELLENT AT PREDICTING WHAT ANAKIN WOULD SAY.

She grinned. ?You?ve got me there.?

AWWWWW!!!!! :::brancompletelymelts::: I'm getting all teary eyed.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO RECORD THE DELIVERY?

Before she could answer another contraction struck, and a choice Huttese curse flew from her mouth.

?No,? Padmé said, wrapping her fingers into the bedding. ?No editing. If he can?t be here, Anakin?s going to get the full experience.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :::cacklingmadly::: Padmé's so deliciously evil. [face_devil] In a good way. [face_blush]

MISSING SCENE # 4: Impatient Arrival (Chapter Eleven)

He held out his hands and took a step back while the medical droid guided the hoverchair around the bed. She nodded appreciatively, then lowered herself into it.

She took a deep breath. ?All right, I?m ready.?

?Go ahead,? he said. ?I?ll follow you with the baby.?

She looked up. ?About that??

LOL! I don't know what made that girl think she could get up and walk just a few hours after giving birth to twins! Someone needs to sit Padmé down and give her a long hard talk about trying to be Superwoman. She's going to end up hurting herself.

MISSING SCENE # 5: A Quiet Moment (Chapter Eleven)

I just noticed how most of the missing scenes were of Padmé.lol! Slightly ironic, don't you think? o_O

Muffling his footsteps with the Force, he strode from the room to check on his best friends? newborn children.

:[face_sigh]: If only. . . Such a sweet melancholy ending. [face_love]

bran

22. Galactic_Girl

Jun 19, 2005
    Okay Lex, quickie here. Got a Night Class in 3 hours, a prior engagement with my grandmother, and paper to finish up--I am such a procrastinator with my assignments! Thank the Force it only had to be two pages long. [face_blush]

LOVED ARTOO!!! [face_love] [face_love] He such a sweety! And I personally agree that he would be a better choice than Threepio to be in the birthing room. ;) Despite being a protocol droid, I don't think Threepio would be able to handle the births as calmly as Artoo would.

And a touching momento with The Master and The Wife of Skywalker there. :) Oh, the coversations behind Anakin's back those two could have...[face_whistling]

Bravo, what a conclusion!!! =D=

23. jerseyhartnett

jerseyhartnett Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    excellent post darth_lex!

loved that exchange between padme and artoo [face_dancing]

24. 3po1ab

3po1ab Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow :) I loved Artoo's humor, as well as the touching moments throughout the deleted scenes.

Thanks for writing! :D

25. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO RECORD THE DELIVERY?

?No,? Padmé said, wrapping her fingers into the bedding. ?No editing. If he can?t be here, Anakin?s going to get the full experience.

[face_laugh] I loved Padme & Artoo! The whole thing was great!

Also loved the interaction & friendship between Padme & Obi-Wan. I wanted to cry for him in RotS when she died too after he had lost so many others, including Anakin... Obi-Wan really thought he had managed to save her. And then she slips away for no reason he can see... though I do think he understood why. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.