Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed
    Author: Darth_Lex
    Timeframe: OT era AU
    Characters: Skywalkers (Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, & 2 OCs), Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, etc.
    Genre: Action, some Drama, Romance
    Keywords: AU
    Notes: Sequel to A Bumpier Road (Lightside ending)
    Summary: Anakin Skywalker defeated Tyranus and Sidious without falling to the dark side. Two decades later the Jedi discover the prophecy is not yet fulfilled, and a new generation of heroes must join the Chosen One in facing the Skywalker destiny yet again.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don't. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

This story is a sequel to A Bumpier Road, which is an AU version of AOTC and Episode III. In the Lightside ending of ABR, Anakin and Padmé were tempted by the dark side after he killed Darth Tyranus at Geonosis. They drew perilously close to falling before pulling themselves back from the brink to defeat Darth Sidious. While I hope you will read ABR if you haven?t already, it is my intention that you need not have read it to enjoy this story. All of the important events and consequences of ABR will be reviewed briefly at some point in the opening chapters here.

The Skywalker Prophecy is an epic-scale story that ultimately will encompass AU versions of Episodes IV, V, and VI of the saga of Anakin Skywalker and his family. Some of the broad plots arcs will be familiar; others will be very different. Like the movies, some characters play more pivotal roles at certain times, while others predominate in different sequences, and the story will contain some drama/angst and romance/mush in addition to heavy doses of fun action sequences. It is my sincere hope you will find this story as entertaining to read as it is for me to write.

And so we begin with Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed.
  2. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm reposting the teaser trailer here for those who haven't seen it before. The debut of the Prologue follows.

[Edit: Changed description of Luke's and Leia's heights in the Prologue. ;)]

Teaser Trailer: A Destiny Renewed

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. The screen goes black as the ?Force Theme? begins to play. A series of images appears, staggered with white words against a black background.

WHAT IF?

Anakin Skywalker, now forty-three years old, clean-shaven with short gray hair, strides deliberately down a nondescript hallway wearing the standard-issue tan Jedi robes, his deactivated lightsaber handle clutched in his right hand.

What if the Chosen One never fell?

The Jedi Temple on Coruscant glitters in the noontime sun.

What if the Empire never existed?

The Republic Senate building on Coruscant shimmers in the bright sunlight too.

What if the Skywalkers were a family?

Leia Skywalker Organa, twenty-two years old, wears a light-blue jumpsuit. She runs a few paces and embraces her mother. Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, now forty-seven years old, has long brown hair and wears a similar lavender jumpsuit. The two women rest their heads on each other?s shoulders as they hug.

What if the prophecy was not yet fulfilled?

In the dimly lit hallway of a prison, two figures dressed in black suddenly emerge from the deep shadows, their huge black cloaks billowing in the air as they charge forward. Matching red lightsabers ignite as the unidentifiable individuals spin ahead and strike down the four guards posted in the hallway.

The ?Main Theme? blasts loudly as more images appear simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): Familiar faces?
    Three figures run rapidly around the corner of a hallway, their blasters firing behind them as they flee. Han Solo and Lando Calrissian wear tight-fitting black military fatigues, each shooting with a blaster pistol in both hands. Chewbacca is between them, using his bowcaster. Luke Skywalker, age twenty-two, rushes around the corner a few seconds later to join them. His sandy brown hair is closely shorn except for his Padawan braid; he wears tan Jedi robes. While he flees, he deflects away enemy blaster bolts with his blazing blue lightsaber.

Announcer (voiceover): ?and new ones.
    In a bright and wide corridor of the Senate building on Coruscant, two pairs of figures walk quickly forward. Han wears a dress-whites military uniform; next to him is Leia, wearing a dark blue formal gown and her hair up in an elaborate Naboo style. To Leia?s left is Sarré Bellion, nineteen years old, who has shoulder-length blonde hair and wears simpler handmaiden?s attire. Beside her is Bryon Skywalker, age nineteen, a very tall and powerfully muscled man who has short brown hair and his mother?s brown eyes; like Han, he wears a dress-whites military uniform. Bringing up the rear, struggling to match the quick pace, are Threepio and Artoo.

Danaé (offscreen): It?s a pleasure to meet you.
    Danaé Skywalker, age twenty, is blue-eyed and tall like Anakin but has Padmé?s long brown hair; she wears Jedi robes, her hair tied back in a single large braid down her back, except for the thin Padawan braid hanging around her right ear. She makes a Force-assisted standing leap from the floor and lands gracefully in the open cockpit of an X-Wing, pulling on the restraints the same second she plops into the seat.

Deep and sinister voice of indeterminate gender (voiceover): We will not fail as Sidious did.
    Three figures dressed in black and hooded in huge black cloaks walk together down a hallway, then turn into a small and dark conference room where a fourth hooded figure sits waiting for them. As the three arrivals take their seats, each of the four draws a lightsaber handle from its respective belt and places it on the table.

The music transitions seamlessly to ?Across the Stars? as th
  3. Monica_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: is right! :eek: :eek: :eek: lol, I loved the DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! call, though! :p

Leia has been through a lot! Poor girl, she's a widow, and now she's in trouble...

lol, I love how Anakin looks older than Padme! :p

Great start, Darth_Lex! :D :D I can't wait to see what happens next! :)
  4. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hooray! Another Darth_Lex story to look forward to on a regular basis! You weren't kidding when you said this is going to be epic - and it has all our favorite characters! At the same time! Yay!!!!

I also LOVED the "DADDY!!!!!!...."

Welcome back. Can't wait for more.
  5. NickStarwalker Force Ghost

star 1
    Lex, that was an excellent start to your sequel to the ABR lightside ending. Can't wait for your next post.
  6. DarthSon Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes! Darth said 3/28, and Darth delivers :D. Can't wait for the next post.
  7. JediCami Jedi Master

star 3
    I am so glad you PMd me with this story because i was trully looking forward to it :)

I really laughed at the DADDY!! part. lol. lets just hope Anakin comes to the rescue.

UP!
  8. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Love that last line!! Good start!
  9. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    So the sequel has started. Excellent beginning Darth. Especially the daddy line, as others have already mention.
    Can't wait for more.
    I wonder, will daddy rescue her or someone else, perhaps a certain scoundrel will appear in the picture?
    Soon?
  10. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  11. ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master

star 4
    First off, thanks for PMing me about this being up!
    Now, on to the story! The opening scroll rocked! Excellent! Predictably, I loved the apperance of Obi Wan, even if he's older and distinguished now - he still makes me swoon!
    But, gasp, what is going on? Leia in trouble - the Daddy line was sweet!
    Can't wait for more!
  12. aotc02 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Poor Leia. She's so young and is already a widow. I liked the last line. I really like this story and am glad that you started writing it. I can't wait for the next post.
  13. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting beginning...

Up!

JS
  14. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
  15. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for the PM! I will definitely read this. :)
  16. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Somehow I think Anakin will be on his way to rescue Leia faster than we can say,"I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked..." ;)

Great start, Lex. I love lightside Anis. :) (Somehow I think Uncle George was talking about me when he said Episode III wasn't going to make much money. Anakin, Anakin...NOOOOOO! :_| ) Looking forward to more. :)
  17. Lando_Plenty Jedi Knight

star 2
    All characters packed into one story has got to be good..
    I'm glad you PM'd me, I'm enjoying this story. Especially 'Daddy' [face_laugh]
    Actually I started reading A Bumpier road the other day, I'm on chap 18.
  18. stacysatrip Jedi Master

star 4
    Very Good! I liked Leia yelling "Daddy!" It's on now!
  19. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    I read the post again! Very good Darth.
    By the way who is the short woman with the red lightsaber? Perhaps someone we know with the same colour hair or someone else? Any way I hope the well known lady will appear in the picture too, sooner or later. :D
    In these dreadfull times some lightside stories with a lot of mush and happy endings are needed. :)
    Keep the good work, Darth.
    Can't wait for more. Soon?
  20. GenOochy Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool!

In the movies she was about to be killed by 'daddy'. In this one, 'daddy' is(Hopefuly) going to prevent her from being killed.

Interesting twist..

Up, up and away!
  21. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, a new story- I will read it, I promise :)

Some AUs I've read about the "unturned" Anakin ended with a more terrible tragedy of the Skywalkers than OT... At least here he's got a beautiful family! :)

And all the major players will be involved- cool! :D

Obi-Wan's "neatly trimmed white beard" :D ... really, some things NEVER change :D ;)
  22. jedimastersam Jedi Knight

star 1
    i like this! thanks for telling me about it! i will keep reading.
  23. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    Very intriguing beginning! Let us know when the next post is up!
  24. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    A nice start! It's always interesting to see how things could've turned out differently.

--MissPadme
  25. Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek:

*very quiet*

*crickets chirp*

Omg.. I think you killed Taryn.......

OMG!!!!!!!! DUDE!! You can't do this!! I need more! OMg.. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

O
    M
    G

.. I was wait for like.. EVER for you to start this and then you do and you go and CLIFFHANGER IT! OOOOOO GGGGGrr... I should sooooo hit you now!!

But.. I want more so I wont.. but puuuhlease!! add more soon!!!!! NEED MORE!!!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.