main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Up till Monday! :)

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow. [face_blush] [face_blush] Thanks so much, everyone!!!! :D What a wonderful reaction to see to my story.

I'll admit, I like the "Daddy!!" call for help too. (Using "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" just doesn't fit this story! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]) But I had no idea that one simple line would cause such a response! ;)

Monica: Yeah, Leia has a rough start, doesn't she? :(
    geo3: Thank you. :D
    NickStarwalker: Thanks!
    DarthSon: I am a man of my word. :p
    JediCami: I hope the story lives up to your expectations! [face_laugh]
    Dally: Thanks!
    JediArwen: Now, now, you know I can't give away those answers.... :p And you know the story can't be entirely without some tension or it would be no fun at all. [face_devil] (Thanks for the up.)
    RebelMom: Welcome! And thanks.
    FAB: Oh yes, there will be a good amount of Alec Guiness Obi-Wan in this story. :D
    aotc02: You like it already? Yay! :)
    Jazz: Thank you!!
    DB: Yes. Yes it does. :eek:
    Jedi_Liz: Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy it. :D
    anakin_girl: You don't think maybe being a Jedi Master has mellowed him some? :p
    Lando_Plenty: Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying ABR and I hope this story is even better! :D
    stacysatrip: It's on now! Yep! ;)
    GenOochy: That's true -- the one aspect for which I do have to compensate is that there's no Darth Vader... ;)
    LadyZ: Welcome! I hope you will enjoy the story. :)
    jedimastersam: Thanks!
    qingauk: I'm glad you enjoyed the beginning.
    MissPadme: Thanks for checking in. :)
    Anakins_Goddess: [face_devil] [face_devil] Well, at least I know I got your attention.

Again, thank you to everyone! A response like this really is very encouraging and motivating.

The NEXT POST, chapter 1, will be posted tomorrow morning. Hope to see you all again then! :) :)

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Thanks for PMing me about this. I guess I might need to take some time to read The Bumpier Road to really get in character. But you're looking good right now! :D

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey Darth_Lex.......

Thanks for the invitation.....I haven't caught up completely yet because I'm really tired after a weekend of partying...nnot every day you turn 20 :)

But what I have read so far is GREAT or in my usual vocablary AWESOME....you just got me hooked on YET ANOTHER fic......figures I'd get addicted... :)

Thanks again!!

I will follow your updates!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3Solo.............

5. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    leia_naberrie: Welcome! While I would never discourage you from reading ABR, if I'm doing my job you won't need to have read it to read this. ;) That's the idea, anyway. :p

C3SoloPO: Thanks! [face_blush] And happy birthday! :D :D

A brief author's note for those of you who are curious (probably no one), for what it's worth (nothing) --- In my mental images of these characters, Obi-Wan is played by Alec Guiness, Padme is played by Natalie Portman with a bit of "aging" makeup effects, and Anakin is played by Hayden Christensen with relatively more "aging" makeup effects and gray hair. (More bluntly, Anakin is not played by Sebastian Shaw :p). But feel free to picture them however you like! [face_laugh]

6. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Hi readers! I realize this post is quite dense, but (a) I couldn't see any good way to divide it and (b) thematically it works best as a whole anyway. I'm sure you'll forgive me. :p

Here we go. :D :D

CHAPTER ONE

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker paced slowly down a hallway of the Jedi Temple on their way to eat dinner together in the cafeteria. ?So, Anakin, how do you think our Padawans are doing on their mission??

?If they return without killing each other I will be surprised,? Anakin laughed. ?If they actually manage to succeed in the objectives I will consider it a bonus.?

?You have so little faith in my training of your son? I?m deeply hurt,? Obi-Wan smirked.

?It is as much a comment on my tutelage of my Padawan too,? Anakin rejoined. ?She controls her anger so well, except when it concerns him.? He pointed to his gray hair in mock indignation. ?Do you see this? This is what she has done to me the last dozen years!?

?Well, to be fair,? Obi-Wan grinned impishly, ?he does have the Skywalker impatience. I?ve dealt with it for far too many years now; it can be quite irritating. He has too much of his father in him.?

?I would think that would be endearing,? Anakin winked. ?It?s such a relief she?s almost ready for the Trials.?

A few more steps down the hall, Anakin suddenly shivered ferociously and collapsed. Obi-Wan had to lunge with all his strength to catch Anakin before his head hit the floor.

Cradling Anakin?s head in his lap, Obi-Wan thought it might be a medical problem until Anakin opened his eyes. The anguish in them was palpable. ?Something in the Force,? Obi-Wan whispered grimly. ?What did you see??

?It?s Leia. She?s been taken captive,? Anakin rasped. ?Argis? soldiers were there. And two others, dressed in black. With red lightsabers. Sith sabers.?

?We?ll get her back, Anakin. I?m sure we will,? Obi-Wan consoled him. He squeezed his friend?s shoulder firmly in sympathy as Anakin began to rise from the floor.

?She?s still alive. I would feel it in the Force if she died,? Anakin reassured himself, if only a little. ?We need to get an update from the military forces in that sector right away.?

?I agree.? Obi-Wan waited for Anakin to stand, then used his former apprentice?s outstretched hand to pull himself up.

---

The small, well-dressed woman waited patiently in the anteroom for Padmé to complete her meeting with Queen Vivonia. For the last ten years or so Jenny Antilles had served as Padmé?s personal assistant, taking care of everything from scheduling appointments and running the office to reminding Anakin of his children?s birthdays. Like Padmé, Jenny was excited about going back to Coruscant. While she loved Naboo dearly and always had a pleasant time here, the immense, amazing city-planet that was the galactic capital had enthralled her imagination since her first visit. Having spent the first thirteen of her thirty-six years in the humdrum life of a slave on Tatooine until Anakin and Padmé had purchased her freedom from Watto, the infinite possibilities of Coruscant never ceased to entrance her.

Her comlink beeped. She looked down and saw the top-level emergency code flashing: lockdown. Jenny leaned back in the chair and took a deep breath.

Such exercises were routine given Padmé?s stature as Special Advisor to the Supreme Chancellor and frequent consultant to many other prominent Senators, not to mention former Queen of Naboo, former Galactic Senator, and distinguished scholar of galactic politics. Over twenty years had passed since she last had used the name-of-state Amidala or had held any formal post at any level of government. Nevertheless, Padmé Skywalker was to this day a dominant behind-the-scenes presence in the Republic?s political affairs.

Then, most unexpectedly, Jenny heard the clomping of military boots in a brisk jog on the stone floors. Around the corner came seven soldiers. But these were not the usual Naboo palace guards ? these were Repu

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Wow. I don't know how you do it. At first count I've come up with ten canon characters plus droids, and a whole handful of new ones! And plot, and action, and ---of course-- A Bad Feeling About This!!!!!

******settles down into a comfy chair to get ready for a long and interesting story*****

As for who should play whom - that looks like fun. I'll play. How about...Liv Tyler for Danae? I'm still thinking about the rest. What actor is young and gorgeous and as tall as Byron?

Great post, Darth_Lex

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post. Thanks for the PM.

I like how Luke and Mara were on their mission together........ :p

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks for the PM. Please keep me on your list.

No time to give a raving review. I'm supposed to be working. ;)

10. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Ah, I loved your description on Luke and Mara's relationship! :D
    So, the gang is gathering for a rescue mission :D which, I guess will be handled in Skywalker-style... ;)

BTW, thank you for the PM, but unfortunately I cannot promise that I'll be able to log in everyday, or keep up with the updates even with the PMs :( Sorry if I disappear a bit, but I promise, I will try to read. Still, these PMs are good, especially now with this new structure of boards (so easy to miss good stories now that one has to check more than 3 boards...)

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know it's my Saturday morning so I am barely awake.. short version: Wonderful story.. lookking forward to more!

12. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Wow, another great post. Darth, plz add me to your pm list when you update the story :D

13. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Wow...a lot of suspense here...and like geo, I love your characterization of the canon characters as well as the addition of the new ones. And I can't wait to see where this story is going. :)

For the last ten years or so Jenny Antilles had served as Padmé?s personal assistant, taking care of everything from scheduling appointments and running the office to reminding Anakin of his children?s birthdays.

LOL! [face_laugh] Anakin...typical male... ;)

Great post, Lex. And yes, keep me on your PM list. :)

14. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow.. so many characters to keep track of. This looks like it will be a very exciting fic. Thanks for including me in the updates.

15. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Leia's in trouble and all the Skywalkers come to the rescue. Pretty cool.

16. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Nice chapter...interesting to see Luke and Mara fight like cats and dogs even in an AU of the EU.

Sure, keep me posted via PM.

--MissPadme

17. Anakins_Goddess_01

Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Wow!! I'm still amazed!! This is great...

.. Im still Iffy on the Anakin with grey hair tho.. hehehehe... Course.. I noticed you didnt make Padme look old!... Good one! hehehehe

18. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    It's cool how when someone is in trouble, like Leia is, the entire family does something to help out. No one sits out and waits for something good to happen. It's funny how Luke and Mara have always fought, even when they were little kids.

19. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, there's a lot of things going on in this story!! :)

I love the relationship between Luke and Mara, and the developing one between Bryon and Sarré! [face_love]

lol, I love how the whole family's working together! It's very sweet! :)

Superb post, Darth_Lex: :D :D :D

I can't wait to read more! :D

20. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Loved it!
    Please keep me informed when you update!

21. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Very good post, Darth! You put every one in the picture and so we wait for action to start. And we have already Mara with Luke :) , [face_love] and all the gang -Chewbacca, Lando and especially Han... [face_love]
    Good work.
    Can't wait for the next post.
    Thanks for the PM.Sure I want to be on your list.

22. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Ha ha! Same old Han. Yes, please continue to PM me if you have time.

23. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    ooooh, very good! Up

24. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    geo3: [face_blush] [face_blush] There are more canon and original characters to come. :eek: I'm leaning toward Adam Sandler for Bryon. (Kidding!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh])
    Jedi_Liz: Yes, if the kids can't get along, stick them together until they fix it. :p
    RebelMom: As long as I know it would have been raving, that's fine. ;)
    LadyZ: More Luke & Mara squabbling in the next post. :D (And no worries; we all do our best.)
    DB: Thanks!
    DarthSon: Thanks!
    anakin_girl: He may be a Jedi Master, but he's not perfect. :p
    qingauk: Yes, although most future posts will focus on longer scenes with fewer characters at once. Overall the scope is pretty big though. :D
    Lando_Plenty: Thanks!
    MissPadmep: an AU of the EU [face_laugh] I guess so, in a way.
    Anakins_Goddess: Hmm. You may be on to something. [face_devil]
    aotc02: No, the Skywalkers aren't ones to sit around, are they? ;)
    Monica: Thank you! I admit, there is a lot going on. :D
    FAB: Thanks! And thanks for mentioning me at your story! :D :D
    JediArwen: Everyone's on their way. ;)
    Dally: Yep. One of the reasons I wanted to write this was to write Han. ;)
    Jedi-Roxy: Welcome, and thanks!

Thanks for reading, everybody! The next post will be up on Thursday morning. :) :) (And yes, if you asked you're on the PM list. ;))

25. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.