main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    MissPadme: Leia is sooo naughty :p I'll admit it, that's definitely one aspect of her character that's AU in this story... ;) Like Luke, who I've tried to shape into a young man more "Padawan" and less "farmboy" than his OT character, I've tried to imagine a Leia who was raised by her birth parents in a generally orderly and peaceful Republic -- in some ways she'd be no different (the "spirit" she inherited from both parents, to use Han's word), and in others she would be. [face_mischief] Mostly, though, I just hope the portrayal I'm writing is convincing and true how their characters would be in the AU setting I've created.
    C3SoloPO: No need to apologize! :p maybe they should have another baby I'll give you that "spoiler" right now: Padme won't be having another baby. [face_laugh] That must have looked hilarious if it weren't for the seriousness of it being attempted murder.... :p ;) That's exactly the kind of idea I wanted to convey! Thanks! :D must run in Skywalker blood Yeah. In my story it does. [face_love] [face_mischief]
    aotc02: Oh yeah, the residence is very cool. :cool: I'm glad you thought the story was funny; I certainly thought it was! ;) Yeah, I like those two couples a lot. [face_love] And that's another part of my AU Leia... Hee hee! :D

Okay. In what probably is no longer a surprise to anyone, the next post will be up early -- in just a few minutes! :D :cool:

2. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    And here it is!! :D

CHAPTER FIFTEEN (Part 2 of 2)

For the first time in a long while the six women ate dinner together on the broad terrace of the Skywalker residence in the soothing glow of the setting sun. Fresh salad and vegetables complemented shaak steaks and fine fruit wine from Naboo. Most of all, though, they enjoyed the company and conversation.

?So, Leia,? Danaé teased, ?you?ve had remarkable composure in not telling us yet about the clothes you bought today. Don?t hold back any longer on our account.?

When the laughter at her expense subsided, Leia took a long swig of wine. ?Nothing special actually. Just some new gowns and dresses. A few tailored suits. That?s about it.?

?Before you ask,? Mara interjected, ?that?s the truth. She was very restrained by her standards.?

?Then why go today?? asked Jenny quietly.

?Because I bought colors,? Leia answered calmly. ?And I wanted to get them right away.?

?Colors?? Sarré wondered aloud.

?So that means you?re?? Padmé looked closely at her eldest daughter?s face.

?Yes,? Leia nodded. ?I?m not going to wear black anymore. My period of mourning is over. It?s time for me to move on.?

?Good for you,? Danaé smiled. ?That?s great,? Sarré chimed in. ?Really great,? Jenny added.

?I?m proud of you, honey,? Padmé said gently. ?I think it?s the right decision.? She took another sip of wine. ?I suppose you had a lot of time to think while you were being held??

Leia didn?t want to lie. She and Mara had discussed her decision for hours earlier in the day, and most of it had involved things she couldn?t have known about during her captivity. After a moment?s pause, however, she concluded that telling the truth ? if not the whole truth ? would satisfy her sense of morals for now. ?I did.?

Mara hastily changed the subject. ?Leia mentioned that you have a meeting with the Supreme Chancellor the day after next, Padmé. Do you know what it?s for??

?I have an idea, but I?m not certain,? Padmé replied evasively.

?Save the humility for another crowd, Padmé,? Jenny chided her. ?The bill to create the Senators-at-Large seats is going to pass,? she told the others with a broad grin. ?It?s a lock. And Trellem?s going to offer her one of the positions.?

A hearty chorus of congratulations rose from around the table. In the midst of the tumult Leia caught Mara?s eyes and quickly mouthed her two words: Thank you. Mara simply nodded.

?You?re going to accept, aren?t you, Mom?? Danaé?s tone of voice was quite insistent.

?You know what we think,? Leia said, indicating Sarré with a tip of her head.

?Let?s not get ahead of ourselves,? Padmé said resolutely.

?See! Listen to yourself!? Leia exclaimed excitedly. ?Already giving us perfect politician?s answers!?

?Now wait just one minute,? Padmé demanded in mock outrage. ?Give me a chance to explain??

---

While the women ate their elegant meal on the terrace, the men lounged ungracefully in the salon. Obi-Wan reluctantly had been unable to get away from the Temple, so to avoid the feeling of being grossly outnumbered they had invited the droids to join them. With the wide viewscreen projecting images of a particularly vicious Podrace on Malastare, they had pulled plush chairs around a long, low table. Half of the table was devoted to the cards and multicolored chips of their sabaac game; the other half held a pitcher and three mugs of Alderaanian ale and numerous small and large bowls filled with various unhealthy but exceedingly tasty snacks and desserts. When the latest hand of the game ended, a roar of laughter went up as Jaytoo?s repair arm reached out to scoop the pile of tiny discs toward him.

?This isn?t fair!? Bryon complained. ?I don?t stand a chance.?

?Master Bryon, the rules have been scrupulously followed,? Threepio insisted. The protocol droid did not play hands himself, but he sat with Artoo and kibitzed constantly. ?Your odds of prevailing in any gi

3. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Leia isn't mourning anymore, perhaps because she met Han? Poor Bryon. It would be hard to play cards with Jedi. Padmé is funny in this post. She is so impatient and wants Bryon and Sarré to get married now. [face_laugh]

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The after dinner scene made me think of old movies where the ladies were separated from the men so the men could smoke cigars and drink brandy... Strange thought I know.

So we have to wait to see what Luke and Leia have to say. An emotional cliffhanger.

I'm always good to you. :)

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Definatly liked how the guys and girls had their seperate dinners. Reminds me of my family, girls in the dining room playing games, guys in the living room watching sports. And the conversations between the various characters was good as well.

Only three posts left? :_| Well, at least we have the next one to look forward to. Great Job!

--later--

6. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Padme sure is impatient to get grandchildren :p .
    I hope we get to read Luke and Leia's talk.

7. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Showing up fashionably late again....

Interesting post...I think RebelMom's brandy and cigars analogy is a particularly apt one, but you just transplant it to a fall Sunday (or Saturday in my household) afternoon of football and beer. :)

I loved the Padme-Anakin interaction... The wise Jedi master is still the overly passionate young man needing her (to a certain degree) to keep himself under wraps, isn't he?

Finally, you have adopted one of the best practices of Scotty on Star Trek or trial lawyers or contractors: Overestimate the time when things will be done, bring it in early and look like a hero... ;) (Hey, I've got to get back for that wus comment somehow.... :) )

Great Post, I'll remember to check on Sunday.

Gunray's Lawyer...Currently ecstatic about getting enough tickets to ND-Wash. State to take his kids to their first ND home game ever.

8. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    another warm and interesting chapter. I liked the multiple scenes idea with the various family members. The tender moments with A&P were so good and the cute card game with the droids winning!! Loved the bit about the misuse of jedi powers..like Anakin would NEVER do that( with fruit or anything :) )

Monday is fine with me.. I will be on a road trip and not able to read it any sooner anyway...I'm not really that selfish :)

9. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Awesome post, I loved Anakin giving Luke that little lesson, and poor guys...the droids were dominating the game :D

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Gee, Leia ending her period of mourning wouldn't have anything to do with Han, would it ;)?

Another nice scene with Padmé and Anakin; I can see her pining for grandkids.

--MissPadme

11. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Poor Bryon, playing cards with jedi must be a no-win situation. Interesting to see that Luke is apprehensive about his actions..I half expected him to get on a cocky high.
    Final chapter! :eek: Can't wait.

12. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Suddenly it was perfectly clear. He no longer was as overtly protective and possessive as he had been when they first were married, but deep down inside his soul he still clung to her with a visceral ferocity, as if his very existence depended on it. And now the most open and prominent display of that bond could be torn from him in a single swift cleave. All these years she had been Padmé Skywalker â?? and somehow to him Padmé Amidala simply was not the same.

Awww! Loved it!

JS

13. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Then he flicked his wrist and sent a small morsel of fried dough zipping from a bowl straight toward his mouth. The powdered ball abruptly stopped in mid-air, then flew back into the bowl again. [face_laugh]
    Very funny Darth!It remids me the dinner scene at Anakin's home from TPM. I can imagine the resemblance between the matured Anakin and Qui-Gon, although the comparison between Luke and Jar-Jar... [face_laugh]

It was odd and a bit discomforting, but she was very pleased that he had reacted this way. She liked that he wanted to claim her as his for everyone in the galaxy to see. It made her feel proud and joyous and loved all over again. ;)
    The insecurity of men! [face_laugh] And how women enjoy it, ;) be flattered by it, :cool: even hepl it grow a little! [face_devil]

And some questions:
    About what exactly Leia thanked Mara? The things Mara informed her probably had to do with Solo, but I think I missed something abouth the whole thing.

How Leia found out about Jenny? Did I miss it too?

Are you going to have Luke/Leia chat on the next post? If not I'd like to see it on a deleted scene. It would be interesting.

Anything more about Mara? I missed her in the last posts.

14. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Now I have seen everything - Superbowl Sunday at the Skywalker Residence!!!!!!

Seriously, though, I can't believe this story is ending in three posts. I'm glad you realize that you HAVE to continue with a new installemnt because we are now becoming so famiiar with the characters that not to know what happens to them next would be pure cruelty.

Laia has finished mourning. I know what that's all about! I want to see where you take this. I haven't had nearly enough of Han and Lando and everybody anyway.

Nothing is reolved between Luke and Jenny. You can't just leave that.

I have so many questions about Byron and his flashes of darkness.

It feels as though you have only just touched on the Sith and their plans for the Galaxy and their hatred (or is it fear?)of Skywalkers.

And you can't just abandon Anakin and Padme at this point. There is another turning point in their lives coming. I want to know about it.

Yes, it's good that you understand that there has to be more.

Otherwise there is no telling what I might do ...

15. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Every post has had so much detail that I look forward to the next very much. Thanks.

16. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh, I just love it when characters can get a break sometimes...and we know these definitely needed it... ;)

Allright..

?Yes,? Leia nodded. ?I?m not going to wear black anymore. My period of mourning is over. It?s time for me to move on.?
    Well, I am sure that must be a very difficult thing to do..I'm happy for Leia...and this must have something to do with a certain scruffy-looking Captain huh? ;)

Obi-Wan reluctantly had been unable to get away from the Temple, so to avoid the feeling of being grossly outnumbered they had invited the droids to join them.
    LOL...inviting droids....never a wise decision..especially with one Threepio in the crowd...HAhahahah!!!

?This isn?t fair!? Bryon complained. ?I don?t stand a chance.?...These two,? he glared at his father and brother, ?can see through any bluff.? Then he motioned to the two astromechs. ?And these two are counting cards.? Artoo and Jaytoo bleeped indignantly. ?Don?t deny it! I know you are!?
    I loved that!!!!!!!!!! Bryon's complaining reminds me of a little boy who hates losing and the droids bleeping indignantly...too cute...I always wished I had a droid....dam technology...doesn't go fast enough....

What was that old cheater?s name, anyway??...?Sebulba.?
    Ah yes...if I had the Force..I'd podrace!! :)
    At least Sebulba got what was coming to him....hehehe

Or the way the Jedi have accepted your father?s love for me.
    So true...but this brings me to a question..Okay so Anakin and Padme married but was that just an exception? I mean..let's say Luke wanted to marry....or some other Jedi in the Order...is that allowed?

?You?ll be Senator Amidala again, I suppose??...And now the most open and prominent display of that bond could be torn from him in a single swift cleave. All these years she had been Padmé Skywalker ? and somehow to him Padmé Amidala simply was not the same.
    Poor Ani...I guess I understand..it'd be like having to "deny" being his wife or something...

I?m? well? hurting tonight. A lot.?...?About Jenny, right??
    ?Yeah.?

Interesting........sweet!!!!! ;) :) :)

He laughed happily. ?If I?m going to talk about Jenny, you?re going to talk about Han.?
    She grinned broadly too. ?Deal.?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the conversation!!! I wanna know what they say!!!
    ;)

Marvelous post as always Lex....can't wait for the next..

~~C3Solo

17. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay, an Initial Note about something many of you have mentioned ---

I can see that everyone is anxious to read the chat between Luke and Leia. :D And I thought you deserved an explanation about why you won't find it in the next post. :eek:

The main purpose of this short L/L scene is to show the close bond between the twins. The subject for them to talk about naturally flowed from the hints I dropped earlier in the post. As I wrote these last two chapters, though, I made a conscious decision that I wanted to leave the resolutions of Luke/Jenny-Luke/Mara and Leia/Han until the concluding scenes in 16 (part 2 and part 3, respectively). As RebelMom put it, I wanted to leave a bit of an "emotional cliffhanger" from 15 to 16. [face_devil]

What this means is, obviously, if I wrote a lengthy, emotional L/L conversation in 15, it would "spoil" 16 for you! And I didn't want to do that. [face_mischief]

Nevertheless, if after I've posted all of Chapter 16 people still would like to read the "offscreen" L/L conversation from 15 as one of the "Missing Scenes" I'm planning to write... (see 6/17 annoucement here) ... just let me know! :D After all, as a Missing Scene it couldn't "spoil" anything any longer and, well, it probably would be fun to write! :D Keep it in mind! :cool:

Now, on to the replies.....

aotc02: Yes, Han has something to do with Leia's decision. ;) And I guess I think Padme likes babies; if you remember back to ABR she was anxious to start a family then too. :p I guess I just see this as part of her personality. *shrugs*
    RebelMom: No, it's not a strange thought at all. :cool: Although in that household, with 6-3 numbers, I think I'd say "the men were separated from the ladies so the ladies could enjoy some peace and quiet." [face_laugh]
    Darth_Leia: If your family is like mine, both genders are happier that way. :p
    PhoenixMage: Yeah, she is. [face_laugh]
    GunraysLawyer: Yep, it's a relaxing Saturday of sports for the guys. :cool: The wise Jedi master is still the overly passionate young man needing her (to a certain degree) to keep himself under wraps Couldn't have said it better myself! :D And of what exactly are you accusing me? I don't believe I claimed the posts couldn't be posted any earlier -- just that I wasn't planning to. [face_devil] (My backlog of posts is what has allowed me to keep posting regularly despite my very busy summer of DRL, so be glad for it. ;))
    qingauk: Yes, but now that Anakin's a grown-up Jedi Master he gets "very grumpy" when youngsters misuse the Force. :p
    DarthSon: That's why they played with "fake" money -- it doesn't matter if the droids win. [face_laugh]
    MissPadme: What would give you that idea? [face_love] I can see Padme feeling that way too, and I thought it fit well into this part of the story.
    Lando_Plenty: You raise a good point about Luke. I think in part 1 of Ch.15 you can see some hints of his more confident attitude at that point, and I think he would have been on a "cocky high" -- but if you read closely you'll see that something else intervened between the morning and the night to wreck his euphoria. [face_mischief] (It'll be more clear in Ch.16. :p)
    Jazz: Glad you liked it. [face_love]
    JediArwen: Luke and Jar Jar?!?! [face_laugh] Yes, I think men and women interact that way, and I'm glad you agree. :cool: As to your questions:
    - Leia was thanking Mara for changing the subject of the ladies' conversation so she wouldn't have to talk about why she made her decision in front of everyone.
    - Remember what Danae said to Leia and Padme in chapter 14 about eliminating the possibilities to figure out who Jenny must be in love with? Leia did that, and realized it had to be Luke.
    - See above about the L/L chat.
    - Yes, there is more about Mara in chapter 16. But chapter 15 really was a "Skywalker" chapter, and at this point she's only a honorary member of the family (like Obi-Wan and Sarre), so she got less time. Sorry. :(
    geo3: Yeah, Superbowl Sunday is

18. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    And of what exactly are you accusing me? I don't believe I claimed the posts couldn't be posted any earlier -- just that I wasn't planning to. (My backlog of posts is what has allowed me to keep posting regularly despite my very busy summer of DRL, so be glad for it. )

First, I don't think I said that you could post them sooner.

So, what you're saying is that you and your beta have been engaged in a conspiracy to slow down the pace of this story's posting for some vicarious sort of thrill, right? :) ;)(My apologies to your beta, but you did confess. :D )

By the way, I am thankful, it's very entertaining. :)

Enjoy,
    Gunray's Lawyer

P.S. GO IRISH, BEAT COUGARS (ND-Wash St. 9/6/03)

19. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Awww, a nice, peaceful chappy where everyone is getting themselves sorted.

Good for Leia, best of luck to the lass.

The poker game was a laugh! But why doesn't ol' Threepeo play? And poor ol' Byron - it must be annoying being in that situation.

Great stuff!

20. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, I've missed two wonderful posts!

Ch. 15 pt. 1:

Aww, I loved Leia's gift to Sarré and Bryon. [face_love] :) They deserved to have a romantic evening. [face_love]

lol, I loved the zoo story! ?We each had a child under one arm, I was practically deaf, and you were choking.? [face_laugh] lol, that would've been pretty hard to do!

?No. She left a note that she and Mara went shopping,? Danaé explained. ?For what, I don?t know.?

?Clothes,?
    [face_laugh] lmao!! (and they were right, too! :p)

That's probably one of my favorite posts of this story! :D

Ch. 15 pt. 2:

I loved how the women had a nice elegant dinner, and the boys just pigged out! :p

Obi-Wan reluctantly had been unable to get away from the Temple, so to avoid the feeling of being grossly outnumbered they had invited the droids to join them. [face_laugh] lol, I guess they were desperate if they invited C3PO to join them! :p

And poor Bryon, playing sabaac and losing against two Jedi and two droids must be very difficult! :p

Fabulous posts, Darth_Lex! :D I can't wait until the next one!

21. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    It's Saturday noon, here, now.
    Will it be on Sunday or on Monday?
    JediArwen takes a daisy and starts cutting the petals one by one: Sunday, Monday, Sunday, Monday, Sun... :p
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    GunraysLawyer: Yes, there's a conspiracy. The Stonecutters actually -- we hold back the electric car, keep the Martians under wraps, and slow down the posting of ADR. :p (That's a reference from The Simpsons for anyone out there who's totally confused. ;)) Actually, I am posting at about the rate I have time to write (two posts a week), and my backlog is what keeps stability for the readers and peace of mind for me. So yeah, I'm sticking with the conspiracy. :D
    illuminatrix: Glad you liked the post! :D Threepio doesn't play because they don't let him. [face_laugh] Also, I'm not sure he has the manual dexterity to hold those thin sabaac cards. :cool:
    Monica: Hope you had a great vacation! :) Wow, you liked 15/1 that much? [face_blush] I'll admit, I like some of the action posts better -- but of the posts about the family, this is one of my favorites too. ;) Yeah, the guys didn't like the 6-3 numbers, so they had to pull in the droids to get to 6-6. Unfortunately that means they had to deal with Threepio. [face_laugh]
    JediArwen: LOL! Probably Sunday. I have a lot going on in DRL at the moment :(, so I can never be sure when I'll have more time. But if there's time Sunday, it'll be Sunday. ;)

AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Yesterday I received a PM notifying me that A Destiny Renewed is one of the finalists for the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards in the following five :eek: categories:

Best AU Story

Best Action Story

Most Imaginative Story

Most Accurate Interpretation of an Ensemble Cast

Best Original Character -- Bryon Skywalker

:eek: :eek: I don't know what to say. [face_blush] [face_blush] I'm completely and totally overwhelmed.

THANK YOU again to everyone who nominated my story, and to all of you readers who have supported me and given me such great feedback as I wrote and posted this story. :D And thanks in advance for supporting me when the final round of voting happens later on. ;)

This is really amazing. Thank you all so much!!! Wow. :D

23. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    Congratulations for the nominations Darth!
    You deserve them!

Probably Sunday. :)
    It's Sunday morning, here, now Daaaaaarth! ;)
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

24. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks so much, JediArwen!!! [face_blush]

Yes, the post is going up shortly! :D

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    And now...

Darth_Lex shamelessly posts again on his own thread!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It's easier for all of us if the new post is at the top of the next page. :p

Thanks for indulging me! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.