main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Yay! Danae's getting over Oga! Good, 'cause I have I feeling that they'll meet up, and Danae will see him as a Sith and... yeah.
    ...but why they would have targeted him, rather than Leia or Anakin, was not at all clear. Uh-oh. *Has quesy feeling in stomach about this line.[/i]
    [/i]?We can?t be together, Luke,? she tried again, her voice becoming increasingly
    filled with agony. ?Regardless of the way we feel about each other.?[/i] It's the fireplace scene! Loved the adaption.
    While reading this post, I stumbled upon a realization about the Force. It will only be in balance if there are Sith and Jedi. They should sign a treaty or something that's says something along the lines of 'We'll stay in our part of the galaxy if you stay in yours.' That would settle all of their problems, I tell you.

2. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Whoa ? Jarren was assassinated? It seems that being a Skywalker of any generation places you in tragedy?s way ? poor Leia.

And her father seems unsettlingly confident about his ability to defeat the new threat by the Sith. Didn?t someone, somewhere, once make a comment about ?overconfidence is your [weakness]?? Oh, well. I shall have to be patient.

The reprise of the fireplace scene is wonderful. I have to say; I do not find the Luke/Mara developments surprising or untimely. You can?t work together and play together with someone that intensely, never mind having an ongoing connection through the Force, without have it resonate in other parts of your life. It was clearly meant to be.

It?s great that Danae can move forward with her training now. I have been rooting for her non-stop.

And finally, this single line hit me very hard:

Obi-Wan quickly glanced around the circle to meet the eyes of his ten colleagues, lingering an extra moment in a wordless understanding with Anakin.

I guess this is why we read and write AU?s. *sigh* ??

Great post, Darth_Lex. And bravo to you for providing continuous entertainment for your loyal readers until you begin to post the next part of your wonderful saga!

3. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Romantic tangling, the Sith danger being tackled and Danae beginning the long journey to inner peace with the help of ol' Mace.

Great stuff. And seeing Danae's old master turned to the Dark Side was a bit of a shock. I was thinking he'd discovered them some time before, and they'd killed him - leading to all sorts of struggles with the Dark for Danae. But now he IS a Sith. Blimey! So much for my intuition...

"Recovered memories"? Me no like the sounds o' that... Some sort of nasty Sith mind trick? Now he's after Luke. Oh dear.

Cracking stuff!

4. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Nicely done! I particularly liked the Luke/Jenny exchange...heh heh. And Mara's jealous; about time she admitted she has a soft spot for Luke.

Looking forward to the final part!

--MissPadme

5. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Jarren was assassinated?! eek, poor Leia!

I loved the Luke/Mara scene! [face_love] :) It's nice to know that they're getting closer together. :)

Wonderful post! :D I can't wait until the next one! ;)

6. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Only one more post? It is such a good thing you are writing another installment - I would be put out over the fact this story in soon coming to an end....
    Loved the post - Luke is rather a chip off the old Jedi block with the ladies in the Temple isn't he?
    Mace to train Danae? Very cool....uummmm...that she might beat her brother to the trials...cooler still
    Can't wait for more!!!

7. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    RebelMom: An understanding is one step further than they were before, I guess. [face_love] And I'll admit, I think jealousy is an emotion to which Mara might be susceptible. :p
    qingauk: If Luke has to use his Dad's pickup lines, he's in trouble. [face_laugh]
    C3SoloPO: Flattery will get you everywhere. [face_blush] I'm glad you noticed the little signal that Ralli didn't pick up. ;) Yes, Luke and Jenny did kiss -- and it will be one of the Missing Scenes! :D (I thought the AOTC fireplace scene was funny too, but I think that probably was the point: Anakin's no Don Juan, and he's spilling his metaphorical guts to the girl of his dreams. Of course he's a putz at it! [face_laugh]) Well, sorry to let you down on Luke/Jenny, but I hope you'll enjoy the Luke/Mara story in HAD... [face_mischief]
    Darth_Leia: One step at a time Yep! ;) What makes you think that about Danae? [face_devil]
    JediArwen: I thought you'd like Mara's jealousy. :cool: Feel free to be as inconsistent as you like -- but I don't think this very small first step for Luke and Mara is too fast, given what developed in the story. It's the first time they've really interacted in this way, and it was significant to both of them. [face_mischief] I think you'll like part 3 of ch16... [face_love]
    PhoenixMage: Danae will not be pleased, that's true. [face_devil] Glad you like the fireplace reworking! :p That would settle all of their problems, I tell you. I know some people interpret "balance to the Force" that way -- but it's not the interpretation I'm using. For purposes of my story, "bringing balance to the Force" means "destroying the Sith menace forever" as Anakin does in ROTJ by killing Vader (from a certain point of view) and Palpatine (literally). Plus, I don't think the Sith could be trusted to honor the treaty -- they'd just wait for a better time to try to kill the Jedi and take over the galaxy. They are evil, after all. [face_devil] [face_devil]
    geo3: The Sith's reasons for killing Jarren will be explained later... :eek: Hmm, I'm not sure Anakin is overconfident; I think he just believes in his destiny and that he can fulfill it. :D I'm glad you liked the Danae and Luke/Mara resolutions. ;) And, yes, I suppose AUs do make us wistful sometimes, don't they? :(
    illuminatrix: I'm glad I could surprise you about Oga! :eek: Yes, the Sith pulled off some pretty evil brainwashing on the former Jedi.... :(
    MissPadme: I thought you might like the fireplace scene revisited. ;)
    Monica: Well, Luke and Mara still have quite a ways to go... [face_mischief]
    FAB: Glad you're looking forward to the sequel -- so am I! :p I think the contrast between Luke and Danae will be an interesting one in HAD, for sure. :eek: [face_mischief]

Thanks again everyone for all of your great feedback!!!! :D

I have a lot of DRL the next few days -- we're moving into a new house we just bought! :) -- so I think it looks like the final post will be on Monday. If things go really well, maybe Sunday evening, but probably not. I know it's a while to wait, but I think it's worth it. ;)

Thanks again! :cool:

8. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    That was REALLY good, Lex.

Mara likes Luke, Luke likes Jenny, Luke can't have Jenny. It couldn't get any better ;)

She had not anticipated these feelings. Not in the slightest. It was so strange. So confusing. So impossible. I love how Mara is written. [face_love]

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *pant* *wheeze*

*grin*

Marathon reads are so fun! This is such a great story. Luke and Mara...*sniff* So sweet! And I love the twins' siblings. Very interesting. Will be watching this for the last post, and will be a faithful reader in any and all sequels! I love this!

10. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    I'm glad that there was a L/M scene :D Especially since Mara has admitted to liking Luke! It's a nice start.

The dialogue from the fireplace scene fits into this story well and it's good that Danaé has a master now. Mace is a cool guy.

I can't wait for all of the stuff you're going to be writing when ADR is done.

11. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Lando_Plenty: Glad you liked Mara's reaction. ;) And yes, the little love triangle is tormenting poor Luke, isn't it. [face_mischief]
    EmilieDarklighter: Welcome! :D :D It's always wonderful to have a new reader -- especially one who arrives with a rave review like that. ;) [face_blush] That must have been quite a read! :p Anyway, I'm delighted you enjoyed the way Luke and Mara wound things up in this episode, and I'll look forward to seeing you around for the next one. :)
    aotc02: Yeah, Mara likes Luke, but considering he just dumped Ralli and Jenny basically dumped him, she's probably wise to go slow with him for while. ;) :p I'm glad you like the fireplace scene lines -- I wasn't sure people would like it but I guess most of you did. :)

Okay, everyone, here's the update: The next post will go up on Monday morning. :D Our moving into our new house is going well so far but it looks like tomorrow will just be too busy; but I will have time Monday, so it'll be right on schedule.

See you then! :cool:

12. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I am glad for your new house Darth. :)
    Although I don't like the moving procedure, I like the result. Especially if the house belongs to you, so you are free to have everything as you like. Think possitive Darth and good... working on it. ;)
    We can wait till Monday.
    You know, its the first time after a lot of posts, that we not have the post early.
    I wish you a beautiful, happy and full of everything life [face_mischief] in your new house Darth.

13. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Checking in just to see if posty was up tonight...
    Looks around
    Guess not
    Ummm...tomorrow maybe.
    Excellent news about the new house Lex!

14. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hooray for the new house! Congratulations - I hope you are very happy in your new home.

Tomorrow, then. If I'm late replying it's because I'll be borrowiong a computer while away from home. But know that I will be reading....

15. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Anakin's no Don Juan, and he's spilling his metaphorical guts to the girl of his dreams.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is soooooo well said! I couldn't have said it better........heh...

Good luck with your moving Lex! I love moving...but when it's to other countries though.....heh...have done a lot of those!
    Actually, now that i think about it...we're due to move for Force's sakes!!!!!!!!

*goes off to try and brainwash father*

16. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    WOW! It's good to come back from holiday if there are so many good posts to read! I did enjoy them! It was good to see them happy- while it was also great to see that their life was getting - well - interesting again :D

Now I'm finally back- so please more :D :D :D

17. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    JediArwen: Thanks! :) The moving has gone remarkably well so far. Now comes the unpacking...
    FAB: Thank you! ;)
    geo3: Thanks! :) I know you won't be away for long; you're as hopeless as I am. :p
    C3SoloPO: I couldn't have said it better ;) I explained it that way once to one of my friends, and he laughed so hard I made sure to remember it. :cool: For me, this is my fourth move in four years (three were interstate). So I'm ready to stay put for a while. ;)
    LadyZ: I hope you had a wonderful vacation! :D And I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. :)

The post will be up momentarily.

18. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Well, here we are. One week shy of four months, it's the finale of Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed. It's been a real joy to write and your feedback back has been truly inspiring and rewarding. Thank you so much for coming along for the ride. :cool:

But fortunately we're far from finished! Be sure to check back on Thursday for the teaser trailer for Episode V: Hope and Darkness as well as a schedule of when I'll be posting the other goodies and when HAD will begin. :D :D

See you then. ;)

CHAPTER SIXTEEN (Part 3 of 3)

?I?ve been meaning to tell you something,? Han said somewhat reluctantly.

Leia was standing at the broad window to her Senate office, watching the flow of airspeeder traffic between the Senate building and the amazing late evening skylines of Coruscant beyond. She turned around to face the man standing on the other side of her desk. When she did, he clasped his hands behind his back and straightened his posture, probably hoping to conceal his obvious nervousness. ?What?s that??

?I?m not very good at this, you see,? he explained. ?I wanted to apologize. For the way I?ve treated you. I was rude and disrespectful and probably offensive.? He took a deep breath. ?No one told me you were a widow. That you were still observing the customary period of mourning of your homeworld. I didn?t know.?

Leia laughed happily and stepped out around the desk to stand a few paces away from him. ?Listen to what I am about to tell you, Han. Because it?s the truth.? She made sure she had his full attention. ?Yes, I?m a widow. Yes, I suppose I technically was in a period of mourning. But I?m still the same person I was before.? She shook her head a little. ?Not that you would know what I?m usually like, of course. But I can hold my own with anyone, even someone like you. You?ll just have to trust me.?

?I trust you,? Han nodded.

?Everyone in my family has been treating me like I?m fragile. Like any little complaint or tease is going to shatter me into a million pieces or send me over the edge into some hysterical fit of crying. I?m a stronger person than that. I always have been.? She was frowning in frustration. ?And I?m sick and tired of it. I want to be treated normally. I don?t want special handling. I want to be Leia, not some pampered little girl.?

?I understand, I think,? he said quietly, letting his hands fall to his sides.

?I guess what I?m saying is that meeting you was very refreshing. You didn?t know who I was, or anything about me, or that my family would have wanted you to be polite and considerate to me. You were yourself. You let me see who you really are. And you have no idea how much that meant to me, and still does.?

?You?re welcome,? Han replied. Then he grinned lopsidedly. ?Does this mean I?ve seen the real you too? The Leia I rescued and who flew with me in battle??

She smiled broadly. ?That?s the most I?ve felt like myself in a long time.?

He stood there silently, frozen in place. Leia had the distinct impression he was struggling mightily over whether he could bring himself to say what was on his mind. From his smile she thought maybe this time with her had made him feel more alive ? more like himself ? than he had felt in a long time either. After a long silence he spoke. ?Well, Princess, it?s been a pleasure. I?m due to head back to the Orn Free Taa tomorrow.?

Leia took two steps forward and lifted her face so she could look him closely in the eyes. As a little girl she used to sit for hours watching leaves spinning down whirlpools in the gentle streams on Naboo. Enchanted by Han?s deep brown eyes, she felt as if she were being pulled into them the same dizzying way. Her heart was pounding and she knew her face was flushing. She had spent the seemingly endless days and nights of her captivity grieving for Jarren without ever imagining she could react this way to another man so soon. And yet?

?Princess??

She did what her

19. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great finale for a great story, Darth!

The calm before the storm! Very needed yet!

Han/Leia: Love is in the air! [face_love] But I hope we shall have more of their quarrels before the final acceptance.
    And Han stays on Coruscant for three months! Clever girl!

Bryon/Sarré: Sweet young love! [face_love] Can't wait for the sugar-almonds. (Its a custom for weddings here in Greece.)
    Men many times are slow learners! That's why they need us! :D Well, for that too, among many other reasons. [face_mischief]

Anakin/Padmé: Love is in the air, the soil, the water, well everywhere! [face_love] [face_love]

?What makes you think you?re free to go? Maybe I?m not finished with you yet.?
    Do we try to test our limits? ;)

?If you know what?s good for you, you are.?
    That's where the limits are. :D

He kissed her forehead. ?You?re free to go.?
    So now we know our place. [face_laugh]

Thanks for the great story Darth!
    I had a great time reading it, commenting on it and talking with you. :)
    I am not sory for this story to come to the end, because I have the missing scenes to wait and of course HAD.
    Be happy Darth!

PS
    I found the post before the PM!
    I receive the PM when I click on "Reply" after I have read the post.
    I am feeling very proud of my timing. :cool:
    Can I have an extra bonys for that? [face_mischief]
    Well. a girl must always try... [face_laugh]

And I have the first reply! :)
    I am gathering points for an extra bonus Darth... :p [face_laugh]

20. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Sob! It finished! :_| But wait! T'will be a sequel. Wayhey!

This was great - Leia and Han getting closer, nice scene that, Han showing a more sensitive side to him.

"I'm a slow learner." [face_laugh]

And the little exchange between Padme and Anakin was nice too. The calm before the storm. Hope the big man can do his thing and sort out them pesky Sith.

Waiting with the proverbial baited breath for next thrilling installment! Cheers!

P.S. Best of luck with your new home! [face_love]

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    YAY!!!

A beautiful end to a beautiful story. I can't wait for the sequel!

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ahh, Leia wants Han to stay. How sweet! [face_love] Well, I guess we need him around for the next one, huh? ;)

Why do I think that Sarre's and Byron's wedding WON'T be soon? Something she said "There's never going to be a perfect time." gives me that feeling. But the banter between the two was great. Especially "So smart, yet so stupid." the second time she said it. LOL remindes me of some guys I know... [face_sigh]

I couldn't imagine what would happen if either Anakin or Padme got killed! Not after that scene! But like he said "There is always reason to hope. Even in the midst of the greatest darkness."

Excellant! I may just have to put this one on disk as I did with ABR so I have it to read again! Awesome job, and I am really looking forward to the continuation.

--later--

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Lex

As you know I couldn't keep up with the whole story but I KNEW I'd have to check in with at least the last few post.

First off, I want to say that althought I adored ABR and that One Choice is still one of my very favorite AU's of all time (and I don't normally go for AU's as you well know but in all honesty, it actually ranks up there with my favorite regualr Storys as well) your writing has strengthened by leaps and bounds...

You have a wonderful eye for detail and can interveave the themes and dialogue from the actual films in a way that's not only compleatly unintrusive (an incredibly difficult thing to do) but so seemlessly as well... Bravo!

You've also managed to apply this gift to pardy.. I'd LOVE to see you do a pure humor peice.. your dry wit (as displayed in the wonderful parodies of our mutual dearest freinds post) would be a joy to read..

Once again, I say Bravo!!

AND to the rest of Lexy's wonderful readership out there... Voting has started in the WRF for the summer fan fiction awards.. stop by and lend him your support!

Affectionately,
    Darth Breezy [face_love]

24. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    It was so easy to read your story. Anakin and Padme have so much potential and that's why I love A/P fan-fic.

25. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the end!!!!!!
    I can't believe it!!!!

The post was awesome...I really can't wait until Hope and Darkness begins. :)

?I?ve been meaning to tell you something,? Han said somewhat reluctantly.
    For a moment there i actually thought that Han was going to come right out and tell her he liked her or something...you know...in a casual scoundrel style....hehehe

?I guess what I?m saying is that meeting you was very refreshing...You were yourself. You let me see who you really are. And you have no idea how much that meant to me, and still does.?
    That was sooo cute...Han's arrival in Leia's life was in fact very good for her.... :)

?Is that officially an offer??
    ?Yes.?
    ?I accept.?
    ?Done.? She paused, still captivated by his eyes. ?I look forward to working with you, Captain,? she declared in highly exaggerated mock formality.
    ?I am at your disposal, Senator,? he bowed theatrically, tucking his left hand behind his back and doffing his cap into an elaborate, rolling flourish with his right.
    Then they stood in silence, simply staring at each other.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the beginnning of something!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those two are too perfect for each other!!

And there?s a baby to think about too
    Wow...Bryon's a quick one huh? I mean, they're not even married and already he said "think about a baby"....heh....guys like that are very very hard to find...LOL

?Again, so smart and yet so stupid. Do I actually have to spell it out for you??
    ?Oh, right. Yeah, okay,? he apologized self-deprecatingly

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bryon, Bryon, Bryon......tsk, tsk..... ;)

?I assume so. I?d certainly try to kill me if I were them.?
    That was my favorite line!!! Anakin and the Jedi have certainly their job cut out for them in the future.....

His eyes gazed into the night at some indefinite point far in the distance. ?There is always reason to hope. Even in the midst of the greatest darkness.?
    This is my OTHER favorite line!! Hehehehe....I thought it was great...A wonderful way to end it and introduce HAD.

Marvelous Darth_Lex!!! I've loved reading your story since the beginning!
    And I can't wait to get hooked on HAD!! :)

~~C3Solo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.