Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    EDIT: I think I double posted...so sorry!!

*blushes*
  2. Lando_Plenty Jedi Knight

star 2
    ?With the subcommittee, yes. Mostly with me, really.? Quite honest, eh? :p

But I'm in a hurry, so I will be quick and just say, what an awesome finale..did I ever mention I love this story? :)

Bring on the sequel.
  3. Monica_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    What a fabulous finale!! :D

I loved how Leia asked Han to stay! [face_love] It'll be interesting to see what happens between the two of them in HAD!

Anakin and Padme's scene was very well-written! :) (I felt sorry for Padme, though! She probably can't even move a muscle without Anakin knowing! :p)

Sarre and Bryon... [face_love] [face_love] (Obviously I loved that scene! ;) [face_love]) Honestly, they are by far my favorite AU couple ever, and you do a fantastic job writing them! :D

?Very good,? she winked. ?You?re catching on.?

?Well, I am a slow learner.?
    [face_laugh] I can see that Bryon is a lot like his father! :p

Fantastic conclusion, Darth_Lex! :D :D I can't wait to see what you're coming up with for HAD!!
  4. PhoenixMage Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was a wonderful ending. I especially like how you fitted the title for the next story into the last line. Very subtle. Excellent.
    ?Well, I am a slow learner.? I swear, Bryon keeps on reminding me of Anakin....... Am unsure if that is good or bad.
    I loved this story, and I can't wait for the next!
  5. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh.. that was such a lovely ending. You have done such a great job of writing of the maturity of their love. It just makes me feel so good. This was indeed the best AU and at the top of my voting list! I hope you do get the brass ring.
    I will be in Sydney begining 7/25 and will have to catch up with the new one when I return..good luck and thanks for the many moments of excitement and tenderness via your story [face_love]
  6. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi!

I'm dropping in after an intensive marathon reading of ABR and ADR. It took me a week to read everything. Er, almost everything. Being a hopeless optimist, I couldn't bring myself to read the darkside ending to ABR.

All in all, your stories are simply awesome, Darth Lex. You've managed a wonderful characterization, and your AU actually stands on its feet, contrary to some AUs I've read. And your OCs are just great.
    *Laure sighs as she whispers, "Bryon..."*

Can't wait to read the sequel!

Fortunately, we'll have some deleted scenes and a cast list to chew on until then.

MTFBWY,

Laure ;)

P.S: May I suggest our favourite Tomb Raider as Danaé Skywalker?
  7. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Great way to wrap up the first of your AU trilogy. Leia finds a way to keep Han around a little longer, Bryon has some commitment issues, and a little bit more mush with Anakin and Padmé. I look forward to the next story!

--MissPadme
  8. DarthSon Jedi Master

star 2
    Great ending Darth, but I can't wait for the next installment, the "dark" one ^_^. Till the next story!
  9. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Congratulations on the new house and on finishing this wonderful story. Things should be quite interesting *understatement* in the next addition. :)
  10. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    So ends Part I of the Skywalker Prophecy, and a damn fine ending it was...However, I can't help being chilled by the fear that one of A/P will have to either learn to live without the other given the bad signs concerning the darkness on the horizon....

Keep it coming Lex....
  11. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I loved it!!!! [face_love] Great L/H scene!!! [face_love] Bryon!!! [face_love] :D And a beautiful A/P [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!! :D :D :D I can hear the Across the Stars *starts singing*

Stay alive? They MUST!!!!
  12. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yippee! I found access to the Internet! I can post!

The bad news is that I can't figure out how to cut and paste on this machine, so I'll have to do this from memory...

LOVE the growing Han/Leia relationship. Love it. The part about Leia's family giving her "special handling" because of her loss - that is so true to life! You have conveyed beautifully just how refreshing it must have been for her to meet Han and spend time in his company. And as for the whole "getting lost in his brown eyes" thing - well. Yes. Absolutely. It's about time! I love the fact that neither one is being coy. I have great hopes for the continuation of this in the next installment....

After reading this whole story I have decided that Byron has met his match in Sarre. He needs her as surely as his father needs Padme, and she is as good for him as Padme is for Anakin. At some point down the line I completely forgot that they are original characters - they are as vivid and real and important to the story as the well-known canon characters. You really have a handle on this "young love" thing....

But then, there are Anakin and Padme. As always, you REALLY have a handle on those characters and on their relationship! Even down to the details of their accustomed stance when they are together - with his chin resting on the top of her head - like so many other fine details, this has been consistent all through your stories, and I can't imagine them any other way by now!

The ending is sweet and hopeful and yet angsty with the promise of much more to come. I realized that the only reason I accepted it is because I knew there is more coming. Otherwise I would have been jumping up and down and yelling "what do you MEAN that's it?????" But since we have been promised more treats, I can look adult and civilized and settle back happily to wait...

Thanks for a great story. Thanks for keeping Star Wars alive. And thanks for the promise of more.

13. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    First of all, a huge THANK YOU to everyone for reading and replying! :D You've made writing and posting this story a real joy for me. I couldn't be happier you enjoyed the story so much. :D

JediArwen: Clever girl! Yes, she is. ;) So now we know our place. No question! [face_laugh] (Hmm. Bonus points? For what? :p)
    illuminatrix: Hope the big man can do his thing and sort out them pesky Sith. It won't be easy... [face_devil]
    EmilieDarklighter: Thanks! :) There's more soon, in the meantime.
    Darth_Leia: Yes, Han will be around. :p Hmm. No comment about Bryon's and Sarre's nuptials. [face_mischief] And thanks!
    DB: You are too generous. [face_blush] Thank you. Truly.
    DANA28: Thanks! And that's why I enjoy writing them so much. ;)
    C3SoloPO: I thought a lot about how I wanted the final H/L scene to go -- and I'm thrilled you liked it so much. :D Bryon's a quick one huh? Well, they decided to get married a year ago, so it's safe to say this topic has come up before. ;) As for Anakin's two lines -- they're two of my favorites too (along with the ones JediArwen mentioned [face_love]). And they're important. [face_mischief]
    Lando_Plenty: Leia's blunt; what can I say? :p
    Monica: Wow. [face_blush] I'm just delighted you like Bryon and Sarre so much. I certainly enjoy writing them. :) And, yeah, he's like his father in a lot of ways. Most sons are, I guess. [face_laugh]
    PhoenixMage: Actually, I wrote that line first, and afterwards realized it would be a great title for HAD! [face_laugh] Am unsure if that is good or bad. Or maybe both? [face_mischief]
    qingauk: You have done such a great job of writing of the maturity of their love. This means a great deal; I definitely wanted to show a different kind of relationship than in ABR, and different than the relationships the "kids" have too. I'm glad you think I've done well with it. :D
    laurethiel1138: Welcome! :D Thank you so much for your kind words. [face_blush] In particular, I've tried very hard to make sure the AUs don't lose the drama or the flavor of the canon saga, and I really appreciate knowing you think I've succeeded. :) *Laure sighs as she whispers, "Bryon..."* Yeah, we see that a lot around here. [face_love] :p
    MissPadme: I thought these three couples would be the best way to wrap things up -- a new relationship, a growing one, and a mature one. Glad you liked them! :)
    DarthSon: Yes, HAD will be considerably darker -- and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. [face_devil]
    RebelMom: quite interesting *understatement* Yeah, you could say that. [face_mischief]
    GunraysLawyer: and a damn fine ending it was Why, thank you! :cool: I'd love to comment on your A/P anxiety, but... well... I just can't. :)
    LadyZ: Wow. [face_blush] They MUST!!!! Well, they'll certainly try their hardest. [face_mischief]
    geo3: What can I say? [face_blush] Thank you so much. I'm really starting to get a handle on Han and Leia, I think, so I hope HAD will live up to that billing! :cool: You're absolutely right that Bryon and Sarre are my "young A/P" couple in this story -- H/L and L/M are very different from A/P in my opinion, and I didn't want to lose that "young love" quality that I enjoy writing. And I couldn't be more pleased that you find Bryon and Sarre so real. As for "old A/P" (not that 43 and 47 is old! [face_laugh]), well, I do my best. That you find it so consistent and true to their characters makes me very proud. Lastly, you're welcome! :cool: And, yes, there's more soon.

A little NEWS for everyone -- check back on Thursday for the teaser trailer for Episode V: Hope and Darkness. In addition, I'll have a schedule for posting the goodies and a list of options for the Reader's Choice Missing Scenes -- that's right, I'll let you all select a few scenes you want to see! :cool: So check back Thursday!

14. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh! Missing scenes! And more in the meantime, too...;) Yayness! *waits excitedly*
  15. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    Good morning!
    Thursday morning, here! :)
    I'm waiting...
  16. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Waiting for a trailer Lex.....
  17. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for checking in EmilieDarklighter, JediArwen, and GunraysLawyer. Your wait is over. ;) :D

AUTHOR?S ANNOUCEMENTS

Hi everyone! Here?s some news about what?s coming up today and beyond.

Posting Schedule

Thu 7/24 ? ?Teaser Trailer? for Episode V: Hope and Darkness
    Mon 7/28 ? ?Cast List? for ADR and HAD
    Thu 7/31 ? ADR ?Missing Scenes? 1-3
    Mon 8/4 ? ADR ?Missing Scenes? 4-5
    Mon 8/11 ? First Post of HAD

Hope you enjoy them.

Missing Scenes for A Destiny Renewed

Inspired by the Deleted Scenes on the TPM and AOTC DVDs, I?ve decided to write five entirely new ?Missing Scenes? for ADR. :D (I can?t call them ?deleted? since, well, they?re after-the-fact creations. :p) Three I?ve already decided. Two I?m going to leave up to you, the readers.

# 1 ? Shouldn?t Have Done That (Ch.13: Luke & Jenny after the battle)
    # 2 ? Late-Night Confessions (Ch.15: extended version of Leia & Luke conversation)
    # 3 ? Alone At Last (Ch.4: Anakin & Padmé together again) [PM only*]
    # 4 ? Readers? Choice
    # 5 ? Readers? Choice

Options for Readers? Choice Scenes
    A) Embarrassing Encounter (Ch.3: flashback to Padmé catching Sarré in the Lake Country)
    B) The Gundark Treatment (Ch.4: Sabé savages Chancellor Trellem in the Senate)
    C) The Search Continues (Ch.5: Luke, Mara, and Han hunt for the enemy frigate)
    D) My Lips Are Sealed (Ch.11: Padmé tries to find out what is troubling Jenny)
    E) The Princess? New Clothes (Ch.15: Leia & Mara go shopping and talk about men)
    F) On the Hot Seat (Ch.16: Anakin & Obi-Wan versus Luke & Mara about the battle)

Think about these choices and let me know your TWO favorites, either here at the thread or by PM by Monday, July 28. The two scenes with the most votes will be the Readers? Choice scenes posted on August 4.

* If you requested the PM post with ADR ch.15, I?ll keep you on the list. If you?re 18 or older and would like to see read this scene, just PM me and let me know.

[edit: Added deadline for voting on Readers' Choice Missing Scenes. :p]

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AP) -- The producers of The Skywalker Prophecy today held a press conference to release the long-awaited teaser trailer for Episode V: Hope and Darkness.

Executive Producer Darth Lex informed the assembled reporters that "like any trailer, this one is as full of obfuscation as it is insight. We've assembled footage and dialogue that give interesting hints of the story to come without revealing too much about what exactly happens."

Director Darth Lex revealed a bit more information about the beginning of the film. "We'll start with a shocker in the Prologue, just like ADR," Lex said, "although it may not be quite as stunning as Leia's seizure by the Sith. After that, we'll have a few surprises in chapter one, including the first real evidence of the growing darkness to come."

Senior Writer Darth Lex again confirmed that one of the important heroes would die in Episode V. "Maybe more than one," he laughed. "You never know; sometimes these endings just write themselves."

Teaser Trailer: Hope and Darkness

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. From a black screen the ?Imperial March? begins to play. A series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): Heroes will confront failure.
    In a small cockpit Danaé Skywalker struggles to control the starship. From over her shoulder Luke Skywalker leans into the frame and points with his left hand to something offscreen out the front viewport.

Announcer (voiceover): Suffering.
    A blue holographic image of Obi-Wan Kenobi runs his fingers through his white beard, his face deep in thought.

Announcer (voiceover): Betrayal.
    Aldera, the capital city of Alderaan, has white marble buildings of a style reminiscent of Naboo. Suddenly huge
  18. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4
    NO, ANAKIN, NOOOOOO.......
  19. Monica_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    oooh, I can't wait to see what happens!! :D

I hope August 11th comes quickly! ;)
  20. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    So, It looks like its Padme or one of the children...one would and the other could make Anakin turn.....Just tell me that we won't here the respirator....
  21. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I need to finish this story (I fell behind again) but I wanted to vote first. I like #2 and then for readers choice either C) or E) (Hunt and the shopping one)
  22. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    :D AWESOME trailer!!! I'll love the new story :D :D :D

I vote for E and F ;)
  23. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    Your father never told you about the other prophecy...

*shivers*

And Anakin!!! Oh NO!!!

*shreiks*
  24. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, forgot to vote on missing scenes. I cast my ballot for B and E. (Then again, you probably expected that.)
  25. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like the last 2 choices.

Bad news is you start posting while I'm on vacation. Good news is I'll have several posts to read when I get back. :)

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.