main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stress! I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyhow, deleted scenes......... I vote for B) The Gundark Treatment (Ch.4: Sabé savages Chancellor Trellem in the Senate) and E) The Princess? New Clothes (Ch.15: Leia & Mara go shopping and talk about men).

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    What a teaser! You have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation now! And Aug 11 seems so far away!

I'll have to get back on the missing scenes, I can't decide yet. Truthfully, I'll read any of them, but I'll get back to you when I decide.

No Anakin! Not the lightning!

--later--

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I think Embarrassing Encounters and Princess's New Clothes for my votes!

Can't wait to see the others!

JS

4. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    The story overall is superb. I must say this is now a classic. Well-written in the style of George Lucas. Congratulations on finishing ADR, Darth and good luck with HAD. By the way, for the Reader's Choice Scenes, I want to see B) The Gundark Treatment and F) The Hot Seat. Again congrats on finishing ADR.

5. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    Also, I can't believe that Anakin is ging to use Force lightning again. I hope he does not become a Sith.

6. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    August 11! :)
    So on August 11, afternoon JediArwen will be in the internet cafe in Patmos with a huge glass with ice-coffee next to the computer screen. :cool:

Darth Vengous (voiceover): Your father never told you about the other prophecy.
    In a dark hallway two combatants dressed in black are engaged in a lightsaber duel. Luke swings his blue lightsaber in a vicious series of strikes at a black-haired woman with a red lightsaber.
    :eek:
    I don't like this, Darth!

Sarré Bellion is pacing back and forth anxiously in a dimly lit, cramped cabin on the Falcon. Leia Skywalker Organa shakes her head, steps over, and pulls her friend into a fierce embrace as they both burst into tears. :eek: :_|
    And I don't like this! I don't like it at all!

Mara (voiceover): No, Master! No! :eek: :_| :_|
    Why have I a bad feeling about this too?

Seen from a great distance, three figures stand together at dawn on a rose-lined balustrade in the Naboo Lake Country. As the camera flies toward them, it appears to be a holy man performing the rites of matrimony for a tall man and a shorter woman, their identities obscured by the backlight of the rising sun. [face_love] :)
    But I like this, I like this very much. [face_love]

You are realy something Darth! I will count the days till August 11.

About the missing scenes

Definitely
    E) The Princess? New Clothes
    I like very much shopping therapy and I'd like to see how you will handle a women's chat especially concerning men... :D
    JediArwen smiles evily. I'll be waiting... [face_devil]

And about the second I am between F and D but to stay faithfull to my icon and my red period I choose
    F) On the Hot Seat
    After all we already have Late-Night Confessions.
    I am very happy about the three you already decided especially about the PM post... [face_love] [face_mischief]

Can't wait for the Cast List. ;)

7. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I haven't read anything yet but you are so cool to do this. You rock!

8. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I vote for the Gundark Treatment and the Shopping Spree. It would be nice to see Sabé upbraid Trellem, and cool to know how Leia and Mara react to their future boyfriends.

Gotta go,
    Bye,

Laure

9. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Trailers? Press releases? Deleted scenes? You're too much, Lex :D!

I vote for A and E. And you better keep me on that PM list!

--MissPadme

10. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    [face_love] Teaser Trailer [face_love]

My votes are A) The embarrasing encounter
    B) The Gundark treatment.

11. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, I've made up my mind for the deleated scenes. B and F are my picks. I'm on the PM list, right? ;)

I can't wait for more goodies! :)

--later--

12. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Anakin going to turn to the Dark Side????

I can't wait to read HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

LOL....my choices for "deleted" scened are the 2 last ones...E anf F I believe...

And I am over 18 as you know.....so....I want the PM post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heh :)

Now!!!!
    On to the next!! :)

~~C3Solo

13. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    OOOOOHHHHH!

It all looks really good! :D

Anakin! You bad boy! No lightning! Lightning is BAD! Bad Anakin! Naughty Anakin! :mad:

And it makes such a flippin' mess...

Other Prophecy? Oh oh... [face_shocked]

Bring it on, my man!

(I'll PM you later for my missing scene choice... I need to think long and hard. The Gundark Treatment sounds good... [face_devil]

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    geo3: [face_devil]
    Monica: Thanks! :)
    GunraysLawyer: Just tell me that we won't here the respirator.... You won't. :D I see the Vader armor and respirator as inextricably tied to Anakin's fall in EpIII at the hands of Sidious. If I did make him fall in this story, it wouldn't be into that Vader. [face_devil] That's a part of canon that just has to stay as is.
    Jedi_Liz: Sure thing! Catch up when you can. :)
    LadyZ: Thanks! :cool:
    Emilie: Scary, huh? [face_devil]
    RebelMom: Well, with the summer and all, I knew the timing would be bad for someone. :( But I'll look forward to seeing you when you're back. :D
    PhoenixMage: If you're stressed now, wait until the story starts. :eek:
    Darth_Leia: Glad you liked it. ;) (Yes, you're on the list. [face_mischief])
    Jazz: Thanks! :)
    NickStarwalker: Wow. [face_blush] Thank you so much. I hope he does not become a Sith. So do all the Skywalkers. ;)
    JediArwen: A bad feeling about this, eh? Good. [face_devil]
    DANA28: :cool:
    laure: :)
    MissPadme: Don't worry, I wouldn't forget you. ;)
    Lando_Plenty: Thanks! :)
    C3SoloPO: Is Anakin going to turn to the Dark Side???? I'll assume that's a rhetorical questions, cuz I'm sure not answering it. :p
    illuminatrix: Bring it on, my man! Will do. ;)

Reminder: If you haven't yet voted for the Readers' Choice Missing Scenes, please get your votes to me by Monday, July 28.

And I'll see you then with the Cast List (and another "press release" to introduce it)!! :D :D

15. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    A little late in replying Lex, but I did read the ending the day you posted it!
    Wonderful, superb, splendid, magnificient - get the point or should I get out the theasaurus?

?Well, I am a slow learner.?
    ROTFL!!!! [face_laugh] I guess Byron takes after Ani there egh?

Oh...can't wait for all the goodies you have in store!!

Missing Scene choices - A and F :D Oh, and I am on the PM list, right? ;)

16. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I would just like to remind everyone who loves this story that voting in the 2003 Fanfiction Awards is now taking place and continues until July 30.

"A Destiny Renewed" is up for awards in several categories - don't forget to register your votes and support Darth_Lex and this story!

Check the Writer's Resource Forum for details if you need them - the Awards thread is usually on the first page.

17. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    FAB: Thank you so much. [face_blush] I'm so happy you've enjoyed the story so much. (Yes, you're on the list. ;))
    geo3: [face_blush] Thanks for reminding folks.

And, without further adieu, the promised goody for today! :D :D

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AP) ? Ending weeks of speculation and rumors in fan circles, today the producers of The Skywalker Prophecy unveiled the cast list for the leading and supporting roles in Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed and Episode V: Hope and Darkness. In all, actors and actresses chosen to play 43 different characters were announced; the remaining parts were filled by extras or uncredited cameos.

Executive Producer Darth Lex began the media briefing by discussing the decision to invoke the rule of Dream Casting only to a limited extent. ?We initially discussed the possibility of looking far and wide across the years of cinematic history for the ideal actors or actresses for these roles. It soon became apparent, however, that this was simply an overwhelming endeavor,? Lex stated. ?Accordingly, we decided to use Dream Casting only for the purpose of preserving the performances of the canonical cast members.?

Under the rule of Dream Casting, for example, the late Sir Alec Guiness will reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi, while Star Wars icons Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford can appear as they did in the 1977 and 1980 originals. Aside from these and other roles from the canon films, however, all other parts have been cast with contemporary actors and actresses of the appropriate ages and appearances.

?We also decided that the performances of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman established their characters with such authority and grace that we could not recast those roles,? Lex said. ?We will use makeup and special effects to give the appearance of the appropriate aging of Anakin and Padmé.? In addition, Keira Knightley will return as Sabé, playing a character nearly twenty-five years the young actress? senior.

Director Darth Lex next took the podium to announce the three actresses and one actor cast to fill the four new leading roles in The Skywalker Prophecy. First to be introduced was Liv Tyler (IMAGE) as Danaé Skywalker. ?This decision was made immediately,? Lex said. ?From the very beginning, we knew Liv was perfect for this part. She can convey the reserved and troubled demeanor of the young woman perfectly, and her performances in Lord of the Rings show she also has the gravity to play a Jedi apprentice.?

Another prominent performer won the role of tall and brawny Special Forces officer Bryon Skywalker. ?We couldn?t have been more delighted that Brendan Fraser (IMAGE) accepted the part,? Lex declared. ?The Mummy movies convinced us of his abilities as an action star, but his subtle performances in other films, like Gods and Monsters, left no doubt in our minds that he will portray brilliantly the inner turmoil the youngest Skywalker son confronts.? Lex also noted that although Fraser is not quite as large as the described height and build of the character, costuming and camera angles would be used to achieve the proper perspective.

Next in line was Claire Danes (IMAGE) as Sarré Bellion, handmaiden to Leia and love interest of Bryon. ?Claire beat out several other actresses in a very close decision,? noted Lex. ?Ultimately we felt that her charisma with Brendan was the key. In addition, as a Senatorial handmaiden her character will have a greater role in action sequences in the next story, and her screen tests of those with Carrie, Harrison, and Brendan were terrific.? Lex confirmed rumors that the other finalist for the role of Sarré was Anna P

18. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is GREAT!!!! This is just GREAT!!!!

You gave us images and everything! You rule! The next fanfic awards need to have a new category: Best. Thread. Ever.

Thank you!!!!

Edit: It would be fun if someone with Photoshop skills could give us a glimpse of what Anakin and Padme might look like...

19. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Jenny Antilles........................?? Gillian Anderson (?The X-Files?)

Speaking as a man who remembers being 23-24 and like many of my peers feeling this woman immensely attractive during the first season of the "X-Files", I call this an inspired choice in a difficult role to cast.

Otherwise, an extraordinarily well thought out list.

Gunray's Lawyer

P.S: Tall Male Sith**??????............[Withheld]**

Gee, can we say Darth Vader.....Hayden Christensen (Dare ya to tell me that I'm wrong ;) )

20. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, what a fantastic cast list!!

Not only do we get a list, but images as well! :eek: :D

This just gets me more and more anxious for August 11th! :)

21. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Cast list, complete with pictures! :D Great job, Lex. This is a nice treat.
    I especially liked the castings of Sarre Bellion, the Sith, and Trellem. How cool would it be to have Sean Connery in SW?

Tall Male Sith? And Jar jar binks? keep 'em coming!

22. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great Darth!
    Some comments:

Mara Jade........................????.Laura Prepon
    I like the choice Darth. She certainly looks like Mara, a Mara not raised by the Walking Corpse as in EU, but in the Jedi Temple, close a wonderful, with strong bonds and a lot of love family -the Skywalker family- where she was accepted as a member.

Obi-Wan Kenobi........................?Alec Guiness :)
    Excelent!!! Although I like Ewan I identified Obi-Wan with sir Alec from the first time I saw ANH all those years ago. He made me consider Jedi Knights like him and of course Ewan needs to eat a lot of bread (Greek expression) before he achieves sir Alec's standard.

Jenny Antilles........................?? Gillian Anderson
    I never liked Anderson very much -I think she is rather stiff, so since I don't like poor Jenny (Darth's fault to have her be between Luke and Mara, :mad: ) I am pleased with this too. [face_devil] [face_laugh]

Chancellor Gannis Trellem.............Sean Connery :) [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    Oh! My beloved Sean! Thanks Darth! ;)
    Now positively I don't like to read how Sabé savages my gorgeous Sean. :mad: Darth do something, anything please. :_|

Allitisi............?????..........?Orlando Bloom
    Orlando as himself [face_plain] or looking as Legolas? [face_love]

Admiral Mirkalla........................?Gary Oldman
    Interesting to see Oldman as one of the good guys, ;) ...or perhaps you have some wicked plans about him Darth? Darth? ?[face_plain]

Darth Vengous........................?..Catherine Zeta-Jones
    Darth Delicti........................??.Angelina Jolie
    :D
    Two very beautiful and talented ladies! My husband would be very pleased if he was on the boards... ;)

I liked all of them Darth!
    The actors for Leading Roles and Principal Supporting Roles was as they supposed and expected to be and all the choices well done.

Can't wait for the missing scenes, especially the PM [face_mischief] and of course the new story. :)

23. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm just shaking from excitment!!!! Sir Sean Connery in SW?? What a splendid idea - Jude Law in SW - nice eye candy there Lex! Oh, and Jillian Anderson as Jenny! That's perfect!!!! Now, if only you had given David Duchovny a role then wowsers....my life would be complete!
    Not to mention Claire, who just had to play Sarre...
    Loved the press release...shall have to look at the picutes a bit later...
    Oh, and like I needed your permission to cast Ewan as Obi Wan - but thanks anyway ;)
    Can't wait for this to start now!!!!
    Ummm...can you make sure you have some U2 on the soundtrack to this Lex?

24. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Now, if only you had given David Duchovny a role then wowsers

An interesting Idea, a very interesting Idea

Ummm...can you make sure you have some U2 on the soundtrack to this Lex?

Ummm- Seconded.

25. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Good choices, Lex. Now I'm getting real pictures of the characters in my mind....... I'm never going to be able to watch some actors and actresses on screen the same way ever again. Now I really want to read HAD and the other stuff in this thread...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.