main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Title: The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode V: Hope and Darkness
    Author: Darth_Lex
    Timeframe: OT era AU
    Characters: The Skywalkers (Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, & 2 OCs), Han Solo, Mara Jade, and more
    Genre: Action, Drama, Romance
    Keywords: AU
    Notes: Sequel to The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed
    Summary: Two generations of heroes must confront the rising darkness of a reborn Sith menace ? and in themselves ? as Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker and his family strive to fulfill the prophecy of the Chosen One. An AU version of ESB.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

The Skywalker Prophecy is an epic-scale story that ultimately will encompass AU versions of Episodes IV, V, and VI of the saga of Anakin Skywalker and his family. As with A Destiny Renewed, the AU retelling of ANH, some of the broad plots arcs in Hope and Darkness will be familiar from ESB; others will be very different. Like the movies, some characters play more pivotal roles at certain times, while others predominate in different sequences, and the story will contain considerable drama/angst and a good deal of romance/mush in addition to heavy doses of fun action sequences. It is my sincere hope you will find this story as entertaining to read as it is for me to write.

And so we continue with Episode V: Hope and Darkness.

Note to Readers: There's usually one post per page on the thread, but not always. At the end of each post I've added a link to the next post, in case you don't want to skim by the replies to find the next story post. ;)

2. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    On July 28, I posted the CAST LIST for Episode V: Hope and Darkness in this post of the thread for Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed. Check it out if you want to see the actors and actresses I have in mind as portraying the principal and supporting roles, especially the important original characters.

Below is the teaser trailer for HAD to refresh your memory or in case you haven?t read it before. I think it?s fair to say it sets the tone for the story.

Following the trailer is the Prologue.

Teaser Trailer: Hope and Darkness

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. From a black screen the ?Imperial March? begins to play. A series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): Heroes will confront failure.
    In a small cockpit Danaé Skywalker struggles to control the starship. From over her shoulder Luke Skywalker leans into the frame and points with his left hand to something offscreen out the front viewport.

Announcer (voiceover): Suffering.
    A blue holographic image of Obi-Wan Kenobi runs his fingers through his white beard, his face deep in thought.

Announcer (voiceover): Betrayal.
    Aldera, the capital city of Alderaan, has white marble buildings of a style reminiscent of Naboo. Suddenly huge laser bolts from an orbital bombardment descended straight down from the bright blue sky and shatter various structures with massive explosions.

Announcer (voiceover): Death.
    Anakin Skywalker and Mara Jade stand side-by-side on a broad plaza in front of a gray stone governmental building with six columns along the façade. His blue lightsaber and her purple blade are swinging ferociously in front of them to deflect blaster fire from several dozen onrushing Vyhrragian soldiers in tan body armor over green fatigues.

Announcer (voiceover): And destiny.
    Seen from a great distance, three figures stand together at dawn on a rose-lined balustrade in the Naboo Lake Country. As the camera flies toward them, it appears to be a holy man performing the rites of matrimony for a tall man and a shorter woman, their identities obscured by the backlight of the rising sun.

The ?Force Theme? soars.

Leia (voiceover): The Chancellor is dead.
    Wearing a formal blue gown and her hair loose around her shoulders, Padmé Skywalker strides confidently into her Senate pod. Following behind her are Jenny Antilles and Jar Jar Binks.

Darth Vengous (voiceover): Your father never told you about the other prophecy.
    In a dark hallway two combatants dressed in black are engaged in a lightsaber duel. Luke swings his blue lightsaber in a vicious series of strikes at a black-haired woman with a red lightsaber.

Yoda (voiceover): A Skywalker you are. But your own path you must find.
    Danaé stands at the edge of a murky bog in her muddied white Jedi flight suit. While Artoo looks on she extends her right hand and begins to raise a partially sunken maroon-and-white X-Wing from the water.

Han (voiceover): Never tell me the odds!
    Han Solo and Chewbacca frantically flip switches and firmly pull on the controls of the Millenium Falcon. Behind them Lando Calrissian leaps from his seat and rushes from the cockpit, causing See Threepio to jolt in distress in the other rear seat.

The music transitions seamlessly to the ?Han and Leia Theme,? now without spoken words.

Sarré Bellion is pacing back and forth anxiously in a dimly lit, cramped cabin on the Falcon. Leia Skywalker Organa shakes her head, steps over, and pulls her friend into a fierce embrace as they both burst into tears.

Outside Mara?s cockpit canopy a fierce dogfight between Y-Wings and TIE fighters rages. She swerves her X-Wi

3. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Whooohoooo! I get the first post on your new story! It has begun!!!!!![

Byron and Sarre got married? On Naboo, in a very familiar setting? They eloped?

Yep. They're in trouble. I don't blame them, though. I would have done the same thing. I did, actually ... but that's another story.

And those Sith are still at it. I see a huge drama/adventure unfolding before my eyes.

Thanks for carrying on with this saga! I'm looking forward to every bit of it.

Edit: I was in to much of a hurry to be first...

4. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    A curse be upon you, Lex! (And I mean that in a highly complimentary manner...LOL)

After reading this, I feel compelled to go and catch up on the storyline...and I do NOT need yet another irresistable distraction of late!

*shrug* Oh well. At least I read fast. :D

-Tim

5. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    You don't know how happy that prologue made me!! :D [face_love] :D I figured you would make us wait until the end of the story to have them get married, and it never crossed my mind that it would be in the beginning! :eek: :D :D [face_love]

I wonder how long they'll be able to keep it a secret...

And the Council meeting was very awakening, and shows that the Jedi do in fact have a plan to defeat the Sith and Argis (hopefully it'll work! :)).

If I ever do that, any embarrassment I might bring to myself or the Order would be the least of my problems compared to what Padmé would do? [face_laugh] lmao, she'd be so upset with him... :p

As you can hopefully see, I really enjoyed the prologue, and this is one of the best prologues ever!! :D :)

Teriffic beginning! :D

6. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Wow, great start Darth!

Byron and Sarre got married? yay! lol I can't wait to read the first chapter!

7. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Great start Lex! I totally expected the marraige to happen at the end...this is so much better. :D

I really enjoyed that prologue, but at the same time it sucks because I have to wait to read the next chapter. I'd read the whole thing now if I could [face_mischief]

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good start

oh no, the next post is Thursday? :_| I leave that morning!

Well, I do know that I'll have a lot of excellent posts to read when I return, though. :D

9. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I bet keeping that secret will be most difficult!

Great start, Darth_Lex!

JS

10. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excelent start Darth!
    I enjoy it with a large glass of iced coffee and seeing the beautiful Agean blue from the window behind the computer screen. :cool:
    Sarré Bellion Skywalker... :eek:
    Very good Darth, AOTC's end is HAD's beginning.
    They married in secret! I'd like to be behind Padme when she finds out this. I don' want to be in their shoes that moment... [face_laugh]
    The wedding was a happy moment after all these dark clouds above the council meeting.
    I cant wait for more...

11. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Amazing! This fic has now started! Yippee! :D

Bryon and Sarré eloped? That was unexpected. I thought they would wait a little bit until they got married.

I can't wait until the next post!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Very interesting start. I love your portrayl of Anakin as the smart-ass- even in becoming calm and collected as a Jedi Master, he's still got diarhhea of the mouth :p

So one of A/P's offspring followed in their shoes and eloped on Naboo. Yes, Bryon had better be quaking in his boots when his mother finds out... he'll feel about 1 inch tall. :p

Sheesh- now I have to catch up w/ ADR.

(Rolls eyes- I have this BAD habit of jumping right into sequels and being lost most of the time.)

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Another excellant start! Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with this, cause I know it'll be too good to miss! And yeah, I did like the surprise! Thanks for the PM. [face -happy]

--later--

14. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    *screams at the top of her lungs*
    YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

It's begun!! It's begun!! :) :)

I've loved every bit of it!!!!!

I can't believe that Sarre and Bryon eloped...tsk tsk....Padme and Sabe are not going to be very happy.....

On one last note....I hate the Sith...plain and simple....

I really have to run now but when I saw the PM I couldn't pass it up....serves me right..now I'm late!!!!

I promise I'll go back to my usualy replies as of the nest post Lex!!

That was awesome!!

ta-ta!

~~C3Solo

15. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    What a great surprise to get coming home from work lol. Great beginning to the new installment Lex, can't wait for the next!

16. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    YAY! HAD has begun! *Does happy dance*
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last pragraph of the part that I'm assuming scrolls up on the screen to tell us what's going on scares me.
    Wow. Sarre and Bryon got married. You know, the similarities between Bryon and Anakin are beginning to scare me.............. I'm beginning to worry for Bryon, really I am. He needs to watch his Dark Side tendencies.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Secret weddings huh? Like father, like son...

I'll endevor to keep up this time! :p

18. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Wow, what an opener! I was wondering who the young couple was, now I know it's Sarré and Bryon. I'm glad she got him to commit :).

--MissPadme

19. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    WOW! So it starts... :D :D *reaches for popcorn*

Secret wedding? Why, oh, why... :) (I can understand them - I don't like big parties ;) )

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    geo3: Yep. They're in trouble. It may not be the smartest decision they've ever made. :p And those Sith are still at it. Well, the story would be rather dull if they just called it quits... [face_devil]
    Darth_Tim: And I mean that in a highly complimentary manner I'm happy to take it as such! [face_laugh] Hope you'll keep reading! :D
    Monica: I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much! :) Although doesn't the happy beginning make you worry about the ending? [face_mischief] :eek:
    I wonder how long they'll be able to keep it a secret... So, GunraysLawyer, are you gonna lay odds on when the secret is discovered and by whom? ;) :cool:
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! :)
    Lando_Plenty: Glad I can still surprise you! [face_mischief] I'd read the whole thing now if I could That'd be problematic, since the whole thing isn't written yet! [face_laugh]
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks! :) See you when you're back; have a wonderful vacation.
    Jazz: I bet keeping that secret will be most difficult! Having Jedi mind-readers in the family can't help. :p
    JediArwen: I enjoy it with a large glass of iced coffee and seeing the beautiful Agean blue from the window behind the computer screen. :mad: I'd like to be behind Padme when she finds out this. Trust me, I wouldn't let you miss that. ;)
    aotc02: I thought they would wait a little bit until they got married. Oh, come on, they're almost 20 years old now -- gotta keep up with Anakin's pace. [face_laugh]
    PLJ: I love your portrayl of Anakin Yeah, in some ways he hasn't changed much at all. :p It's why we love him so much. ;) Hope you'll stick around (and catch up so you're not too lost :D).
    Darth_Leia: Thanks! :) I'm a big fan of surprises. [face_mischief]
    C3SoloPO: Padme and Sabe are not going to be very happy..... No question! :D I hate the Sith Mind your feelings; hate is the path to the dark side. :p
    DarthSon: Thanks! :)
    PhoenixMage: Yes, the Sith are only going to get more and more evil... [face_devil] You know, the similarities between Bryon and Anakin are beginning to scare me Good. :eek: [face_mischief]
    DB: Okay! Thanks for checking in! :D
    MissPadme: Wow, what an opener! I was wondering who the young couple was You know, a little part of me actually considered having it be Han and Leia getting married in the Prologue :eek: -- but that would have caused too much havoc in the rest of the story. [face_laugh] But now you've seen the wedding from the trailer already.... [face_devil]
    LadyZ: Why, oh, why... You know, I think they're asking themselves the same thing about now. :p

The next post will be on Thursday. See you then! :D

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
  22. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    And the story beggins...at last!! :p lol i have to say i thought the wedding was between Leia and Han but has you said Darth_ Lex it would have cause much havoc in the rest of the story! :)

*bump*

23. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    EmilieDarklighter: I'll assume you're not cheering about the Sith's plot to kill all the Skywalkers. :p
    Jesus_the_Hut: Hey, welcome back! :) I'm glad I kept you guessing at the beginning there -- but I'm gonna have too much fun getting Han and Leia together to have them get married now! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And here we are -- Chapter 1. :D :D

CHAPTER ONE (Part 1 of 2)

Padmé Naberrie Skywalker paused in the small anteroom to the formally appointed refresher in her office suite. She leaned in toward the full-wall mirror above the blue-marble counter and white porcelain washbasin with golden faucet fixtures. Upon that closer inspection, she saw once again that the signs of her age on her face finally were beginning to reveal themselves with a vengeance. The wrinkles on her forehead. The lines around her eyes, to say nothing of the dark circles below them from countless late hours of toil. And, after forty-eight years, hints of gray in her long brown hair.

She was six months into her term as an appointed Senator-at-Large, her first foray into active Galactic politics since the twins were born almost twenty-three years ago. Although she had spent those years as a university professor and a highly sought-after consultant to Supreme Chancellors, Senators, and Queens of Naboo, she never had been far from the always-frenetic epicenter of politics on Coruscant. All the political contacts and connections she possibly could have wanted or needed she already possessed. So in theory her transition to her new post should have been easy.

In theory.

Her loyal and devoted personal assistant, Jenny Antilles, was a highly effective Chief of Staff. Hardly ever did Padmé have to deal personally with an administrative or scheduling matter. As a Senator-at-Large without a star system to serve or constituents? troubles to address, they had thought that hiring only a half-dozen assistants would be sufficient. The massive amount of business that flowed through the Senate was astounding, however, and the eight of them had been struggling mightily of late to keep up.

With a deep sigh Padmé decided she probably needed to hire more staff for her office after all. She supposed there probably was money available in her official budget to cover the greater expense. It was simply a matter of admitting she needed the help ? something she never had been good at doing.

And even if Senate funds were inadequate, she certainly could afford to pay for additional aides from a personal account. Aside from the income, consulting fees, and honoraria she had earned over her career, the Skywalker family had substantial wealth. Shortly after Anakin had defeated Darth Tyranus at Geonosis, Artoo and Threepio had identified a secret Sith bank account containing millions and millions of Republic credits. The vast majority of the funds had been donated to charitable trusts for various causes Anakin and Padmé had chosen, but even the very small percentage they had kept for themselves generated more than enough interest to sustain their elegant lifestyle on Naboo and Coruscant. Considering the multitude of beneficial uses to which Sidious? erstwhile assets had been put and all the good that had come of them, no one begrudged them a comfortable and happy life on their insignificant share. Even Obi-Wan, who initially had been skeptical of the idea, long since had discarded his doubts.

Padmé took a deep breath and stepped back from the mirror. She smoothed the creases from her formal blue gown and shook her head lightly to loosen the unbound tresses flowing over her shoulders and back. To keep her wits about her she already had called upon three old friends as temporary informal advisors, and they were waiting in the office conference room.

Padmé looked hard into her own brown eyes in the mirror. ?You?re ready,? she said. ?Go. Quit hiding. Get out of here.?

---

Danaé Skywalker waited patiently in Training Room 8 in the Jedi Temple for her daily lightsaber regimen.

24. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Ah, I like the idea that Padme was a university professor! It's so fitting... :D

[face_devil] Well-well, the "Dark Bankers" of the Darkside still like Anakin Skywalker enough to give him the wealth of the Sith [face_devil] [face_devil] If we do not believe in luck and do not think that either side of the Force is stronger... than we must be suspicious that those "bankers" see him as a future investment ;) ;)

Invisible lightsaber? :D Cool idea!!!!

"?The Anakin Skywalker Special,? he whispered secretively. ?You think I won the Lightsaber Competition that many times on sheer skill and determination?? " Oh, I liked it!!!!! :D :D

25. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    An invisible lightsaber?! Wow, what a cool idea! :)

"The Anakin Skywalker Special," [face_laugh] lol, it sounds like a breakfast meal! :p No wonder no one can block it, it sounds impossible!

I wonder how long it will take Padme and Sabe to figure out Sarre's secret. Hopefully they'll be able to hide it long enough to figure out how to explain it to their parents! :p

Great post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.