main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    See replies and author's notes on the bottom of the previous page. ;)

Here's the new post! :D :D

CHAPTER TWO (Part 2 of 2)

Leia nearly stumbled when the Falcon swerved sharply as she arrived in the cockpit. She grabbed the back of the empty chair behind Han, hauled herself into it, and strapped in tightly. ?What?s happening, Captain??

?Eight ships are coming after us.?

?Eight?? exclaimed Threepio in dismay. ?Captain, the odds of a vessel like this single-handedly defeating eight opponents are three hundred twenty seven thousand to one.?

?Never tell me the odds!? snapped Han.

?Perhaps we should capitulate,? Threepio suggested excitedly. ?Surrender is a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme circumstances.?

?Oh, for the love of?? Before Han could finish, Leia had reached over and flicked the switch on the back of the droid?s neck to shut him down. Chewie wroofed approvingly, and Han looked quickly over his shoulder. ?Thanks.?

?My pleasure.? Leia glanced quickly at the side console. ?Are they Vyhrragian TIEs??

?No,? he said between flipping switches on the console above his head. ?Eight different ships. A strange bunch, that?s for sure.?

?What does it mean??

?Bounty hunters.?

Leia gasped. ?Why? Who are they looking for??

?Don?t worry, Princess,? Han chuckled. ?It?s not you.?

?Who then??

?Me and Chewie.?

?You?? she said incredulously. ?Why??

?Let?s just say we?ve made ourselves some enemies the last few months,? he chuckled again.

?How??

?Well, our principal mission was cracking down on spice smuggling by the Hutt Criminal Syndicate. We busted a lot of shipments and took quite a few of their agents into custody.? He paused a moment to bring the Falcon through a steep loop. ?So the Hutts put a price on our heads. And apparently someone?s figured out that the Falcon is our ship.?

?Were you planning to tell me about this??

?Yeah, of course. I just hadn?t gotten around to it yet.?

?I guess not!? She pondered the news for a moment. ?The bounty. Which is larger, dead or alive??

?Alive,? he laughed.

She shook her head. ?I guess that counts for something.?

?Yeah, I guess it does.?

Chewie wrawled an anxious warning. ?I see it! I see it!? Han responded with alarm. After another rolling dive failed to evade their pursuers, Han sighed in frustration. ?Where are the station?s security forces??

Chewie growled again. ?I?m aware they?re gaining on us. What do you want me to do about it?? Chewie shrugged and grumbled in resignation. ?Hey! Of course!? Han raised his voice and hollered back down the hallway. ?Lando, Sarré, get ready. We?re going to take this fight to them.?

Leia raised her eyebrows and leaned forward in her chair. ?You don?t have to do this to impress me.?

?Don?t flatter yourself, sweetheart,? he laughed. ?I?m doing it because I?d like to get out of this in one piece.? The Falcon swooped around through a loop. Out the front viewport appeared a rough attack formation comprised of obsolete fighters and other unimpressive-looking starships. The motley group of eight charged toward the freighter with laser cannons blazing.

Leia took a deep breath. ?I hope you know what you?re doing.?

Han smirked. ?Yeah, me too.?

---

Major Bryon Skywalker had yet to give any orders to the eight hundred Republic Army soldiers deployed at various locations around the surface manufacturing facility on Corellia. Although the Navy starfighters had been engaged for several minutes with Vyhrragian attackers, the enemy had not yet begun a ground offensive.

If one even was coming.

The fact that the space assault had occurred, however, actually made Bryon smile. Ever since the nearly disastrous mission to destroy a Vyhrragian pirate?s base, when Bryon?s Special Forces platoon had been grossly outnumbered but had prevailed nonetheless, he had placed very little confidence in the informati

2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    [face_laugh] Poor Threepio. He speaks his mind and gets turned off. The poor robot doesn't ever get a break! :p

?Banthas fly and shaaks run!? exclaimed Han in disbelief. ?What in the name of Dooku?s Ghost was that?? lmao!! [face_laugh] I loved how Sarre turned out to be a better fighter than Han expected.

Hopefully Bryon will do good in his own battle, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Fantastic post! :D :D

3. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Bwahahahahaha! Boba Fett! [face_devil]

You know how to hook the reader Lex!

I'd never make it too easy for L/M, though. Hey, love needs to be strong and a little adversity certainly makes things stronger! :D

4. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    More lovely references. YAY!

Boba Fett has arrived!

But Bryon keeps on scaring me! I'm almost afraid of what's going to happen with his battle.......

5. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    cool battle.. and Boba?.. what is he up to?..

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Whew, Han and Leia are okay, er now.
    Boba Fett! Oh no, this can't be good. The Sith and Boba Fett after them, though for two different reasons.
    Hmm, I wonder if Sarre was mentally placing the people in the ships, that were the reason that her and Bryon are apart. ie the Siths and the crazy people working with them.

Battle for Corellia, Thursday, :cool: Get to see Bryon in action, hehe.

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Now Leia gets to see how Han opperates. :D

Looking forward to more of this. . Yeah!! Thursday :D

8. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Excellent banter between Han and Leia! Very faithful to TESB. Can't wait to see more of Bryon.

--MissPadme

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I had a wonderful time. It was most painful having to get up and go to work this morning. *cry*

Han seems to be in trouble with his worminess in every universe. Nice use of ESB quotes as usual.

Bryon wonders why his subordinate is afraid of him? He's got the Skywalker temper. If he was Jedi, he could be Vader.

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Deeply enjoyable post, as always! The conversations in the Millenium Falcon are character - perfect, to my way of thinking. You just can't get more "Star Wars" than that! The battle was great, too, as was Han's very understandable ire and haste to leave at the end...

Poor old 3PO, once again.

Boba Fett, eh? Short passage, but very chilling!

I also loved the bit with Byron's terrified aide! I can imagine him - he IS a terrifying figure. Unless he is confronted by his bride, that is...(heehee)

11. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    ?Banthas fly and shaaks run!? exclaimed Han in disbelief. ?What in the name of Dooku?s Ghost was that??

Cool!

Loved all the ESB references! Byron being Vaderish, bounty hunters after Han, the Falcon in a gripping space battle - brilliant!

And now ol' Boba has entered the scene. This is geting better by the minute!

Can't wait for the battle of Corellia!

12. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I think I'm in love with the new Skywalker.

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post!!! :D Boba's after him? Oh no.

14. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I loved the post!! :D :D

Especially loved the explanation why the bounty hunters were after Solo... :) Well done!

15. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    8-} In my usual, review the previous post style,
    So for the last half year he(Luke) had remained true to his pledge to himself not to let romantic attachments interfere with his training as a Jedi.
    [face_mischief] Famous last words.

A and P were so cute all domestic. It's so refreshing reading fics where their love is allowed to flourish and mature normally and naturally. Not that you'd ever let them have normal lives, Lex but you know what I mean... [face_devil] glares at all canon-sticklers Hell bent on putting Ani in a suit -mentions no names

?Who?s the better gunner, you or Leia??

Sarré smiled and reached up to adjust the four looping combat braids that held her blonde hair out of the way. ?I am. No question.?

Sarre in action! You go, girl!! :D

16. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Monica: Yeah, I suppose I am tough on Threepio, huh? :p And this won't be Sarre's last chance to impress Han with her fighting. [face_mischief]
    Rivad: I'm sure Boba appreciates the evil cackle. :D He'll be around again... ;)
    PhoenixMage: But Bryon keeps on scaring me! Just wait until next post. [face_mischief]
    qingauk: what is he up to? Why, no good, of course! [face_laugh] He's trying to collect the Hutts' bounty on Han. [face_devil]
    J_M_Bulldog: Oh no, this can't be good. No, it can't. [face_devil] I wonder if Sarre was mentally placing the people in the ships Yeah, I think she probably was. :cool: Get to see Bryon in action Yep, you do! :)
    maramijade: Hee hee! :) Yeah, I think Leia's in for an adventure. :p
    MissPadme: Very faithful to TESB. Thanks! :D Can't wait to see more of Bryon. Next post! ;)
    RebelMom: Han seems to be in trouble with his worminess in every universe. Oh yeah -- I could never change that! :D He's got the Skywalker temper. Yes. Yes, he does. [face_devil]
    geo3: You just can't get more "Star Wars" than that! [face_blush] Thanks! Han's very understandable ire and haste to leave at the end Yeah, hanging around where you almost got killed isn't top on his list of fun things to do. :p he IS a terrifying figure. Unless he is confronted by his bride, that is...(heehee) Very true -- on both counts. [face_mischief] [face_love]
    illuminatrix: I thought you'd like the "Dooku's Ghost" reference. ;) It just seemed like the kind of thing that might have arisen from the failed Separatist insurrection. Kind of like the curse "Emperor's black bones!" in the EU, except a little less creepy. [face_laugh] Glad you liked all the ESB tie-ins; and there are more to come! [face_mischief] This is geting better by the minute! Thanks! [face_blush]
    DANA28: I think I'm in love with the new Skywalker. :D Take a number and get in line! :p [face_laugh] You know, if I'd known the reaction I'd get for this character, I might have written a whole story just about him. Hey, you never know..... ;) [face_love]
    Jaina_and_Jag: Thanks! :) And "oh no!" is right. [face_mischief]
    LadyZ: Thanks! :) Yes, even with an AU, sometimes it's easy to keep things the same. Jabba's angry about a shipment Solo lost; that's the same -- except that it's because Han busted the shipment instead of dumping it. :p
    leia_naberrie: Famous last words. Yep. [face_love] you know what I mean Yeah, I do. If A/P just lived happily ever after, the story would be incredibly dull. On the other hand, writing the AU lets me give them moments of happiness they'll never have in canon -- and I like that. :) Sarre in action! Yep! :cool: You'll get to see her in handmaiden-action mode several more times, too. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The next post will be tomorrow morning, as usual! :D

AUTHOR'S NOTE
    I thought I'd give you a little note about the story. As I'm writing this, I'm finding that HAD is a much bigger, more intricate, longer story than ADR.

As you may recall, for ADR there were 16 chapters. Of those 12 had two parts and 4 had three parts.

I'm sticking to posts of about the same length (generally 3.5 to 5 pages in Word), but the chapters are longer. As you've seen, the first two chapters have two parts. Well, all the chapters I've written since have three parts, and from the outline it looks to hold that way for the rest of the story (also 16 chapters). So HAD may very well end up with 2 chapters with two parts and 14 chapters with three parts.

I guess that's good and bad. The story will be longer and last longer than ADR. That's good, because you'll get lots of story. It's bad if you're impatient.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know to expect three-part chapters for the foreseeable future. Hope you enjoy them! :cool:

17. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Just found this & I'm hooked! :D
    Please post more! Can't wait! 8-}

~*Amilight

18. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great post Darth! Lots of action!

19. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    She tilted her head back until she was looking at him completely upside-down. ?I just need you to hold me for a while.?
    ?Okay, angel,? he smiled. He leaned straight down and gave her a kiss, which made them both laugh. ?Anything for you.?

Thud....that is soooooo...romantic!

Confident his sources would continue to provide accurate information, Boba Fett flipped a switch and made the jump to hyperspace.
    Yeah....my favorite baddie! How do you write these battle scenes? They are so intense! And Luke and Mara are both hiding their feelings and emotions from each other....hmmm....that may be hard to keep up, trials or not!
    And Byron in all that black gear keeps giving me the hiveygibbees.....And then envisioning him as Brendan just is probably not good for my hormones - don't tell my Obi Wan I said that ;)

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Now, why does Byron seem so familiar?.. Let's see....
    Big black body armour, large, almost seven feet tall, military comander (soon), brilliant military strategist...
    [face_shocked] Of course! ;) THE VADER GENES [face_mischief]

Highlights
    ?You don?t have to do this to impress me.?

?Don?t flatter yourself, sweetheart,?

?And how do we avoid??

?By not distracting the pilot!?

?She?s your ship, Captain,? Leia sighed.

?That?s right,? Han glared. ?And don?t you ever forget it.?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?What in the name of Dooku?s Ghost was that??

Go Sarre go! :D :D

21. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Jedi_of_Twilight: Welcome! :D Thanks for posting! ;)
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! :)
    FAB: A thud? :eek: :eek: I don't know what to say. ;) don't tell my Obi Wan I said that Said what? ;) :p
    leia_naberrie: why does Byron seem so familiar?... THE VADER GENES Yes. Yes, indeed. [face_mischief] [face_devil] I'm delighted you like the Han/Leia banter so much. :) And that's not the last you'll see of Sarre in combat. :cool:

Here's the next post! :D :D

REMINDER: For those who haven't caught up in ADR, or just as a reminder -- Although Danaé is now Mace Windu's Padawan, her first Master, Oga Trill, has been missing for a year as of this point in HAD. It was revealed at the end of ADR (six months prior to this scene) that he has been corrupted by Sith. Oh yes, you'll see Darth Malus very soon.... [face_devil] [face_devil]

CHAPTER THREE (Part 1 of 3)

The swarms of TIE fighters that had emerged from the gigantic cargo carrier outnumbered the Republic Y-Wings nearly two-to-one. Nevertheless Green Squadron seemed to have the superior pilots and already had taken control of the flow of the battle, directing it away from the orbital shipyard the Vyhrragians sought to destroy.

The TIEs? greater numbers, however, increasingly allowed small groups of starfighters to evade Green Squadron?s formations and streak toward the facility. Luke, Mara, and Danaé struggled to keep up the rearguard defense.

?Three more, mark one-one-five,? Mara said quickly. She swerved her X-Wing into position and fired her laser cannons, destroying a TIE. Moments later she took aim at the other two and annihilated them as well. Outside her transparisteel cockpit canopy she saw a fierce dogfight raging between Luke?s and Danaé?s X-Wings and a quartet of TIE fighters. She was about to move to assist when excellent shots by the pair incinerated all four.

?Great shooting!? Luke?s voice cheered his sister over the comlink in Mara?s helmet. ?You?re really getting good at this.?

?Thanks,? Danaé chuckled. ?Artoo says that too.?

?He would know,? Luke kidded. ?He?s seen a lot of combat with Dad.?

Mara was about to add praise of her own when she saw in the distance another pair of TIEs charging toward the space station. ?Two bogies, mark three-one-two. I?m on them.? She punched her drives to full speed and sailed toward the enemies with cannons blazing.

Just after she blasted them, a horrible scream pierced her ears over the comlink. She took a deep breath to shake the sinking feeling in her stomach.

?Skywalker One, this is Green Two,? said a Navy officer?s voice. ?We?ve lost Green Leader.?

?Green Two, repeat,? Luke said, his voice shaken.

?Green Leader is gone,? the voice replied solemnly. ?We?ve lost Captain Darklighter. You?re the next highest rank present, sir.?

?Understood, Green Two,? Luke responded, the authority restored in his voice.

?Roger,? said Green Two. ?Green Squadron, this is Green Two. Skywalker One is now Green Leader. Repeat, Skywalker One is now Green Leader.?

?Skywalker Two, Jade, hold position,? Luke ordered firmly. ?Greens Twenty to Twenty-Six, fall back and assist with object defense. Remaining Wings stay on target. I?m on my way.?

Mara brought her X-Wing around on a lone TIE fighter surging toward the shipyard. The pilot swooped to port, then dove to starboard, trying to shake her from his tail. She was not one of the better pilots in the Jedi Order, and certainly was nowhere near to earning an Ace rating. But against an ordinary opponent she had little difficulty at all. When the TIE tried its third evasive maneuver, she never even lost targeting contact. She squeezed her triggers and watched the starfighter explode in a massive fireball.

Then she quickly sent a telepathic message to Luke. May the Force be with you, Green Leader.

---

Thunder Three?s location was a broad ferrocrete plaza bounded on one edge by a series of cargo loading docks and on the others by the manufacturing plant?s

22. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Just caught back up, and I find an intense battle lol. Danae nearly got herself killed, Luke had a point in trying to send her back. Can't wait till the next post!

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, so I'm a little behind on replies here. This is for ch2 pt2, I'll read the new one later, hopefully can reply tomorrow!

Why does it not surprise me that your version would have Han and Chewie with bounties on them? Nice that it was from busting smugglers instead of being one! And of course the station is late to respond, so typical!

I liked Boba Fett's appearance as well. Great job once again!

--later--

24. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Note to self: Never EVER get on Bryon Skywalker's bad side. I have a feeling it will result in death.

*Eyes widen* Poor Danae! That must've been so horrible for her! And just as she started to get over Master Trill's death as well! I sense badness from this developement as well.

25. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Wonderful!!!! :D
    Please post more!!!

UP!

~*Amilight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.