main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda-Feet

Yoda-Feet Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I admit I've been somewhat of a lurker throughout this 'saga' in it's entirety, but I think I have every right to vote, considering I have been reading on the down low. :) (Great story, by the way.) ;)

I vote for D & F, just because I think they'd be the most interesting. Although all choices sound promising, I would especially like to see these two scenarios writte out.

-YF

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who?s voted in the Readers? Choice Missing Scenes poll so far! Voting is open until 5:00 p.m. tomorrow. :D

A few replies to make as well?

lauré: I hate the flu. :mad: Hope you?re better now! We now have a good idea of what will be at stake in POF, and it's nice that we got to see everyone calming down a bit (well, except Mara Thanks! I hope I?ve foreshadowed much of POF, while at the same time keeping a few surprises up my sleeves. And yes, Mara?s ?issues? will be a central part of the final book? I must confess that the line about why they started those evening rides completely cracked me up: Vader humor without the darkness behind. Personally, I think GL has done a great job of designing Anakin?s character in the PT in a way that we now see lots of ?Anakin? in OT Vader. I?m glad you think I?ve achieved a bit of the opposite here, keeping some of Vader in Anakin (without the darkness).
    TKL: Do I have to pick just two Yes. [face_devil] Is the wailing working Stay tuned? [face_mischief]
    JediArwen: I don't like Trolls and after almost 30 years of cooking, I can't say it's an intersting matter [face_laugh] You are so funny!
    LBT: I really think it's cruel to make us choose. Hmm? Do I care? Hmm? Let?s see? Nope. [face_mischief]
    ViariSkywalker: I can't believe I haven't replied to this yet! (I haven't, have I? I don?t think so ? welcome! :D I love the way you've portrayed the characters, keeping them true to their movie and - in the case of EU characters - novel descriptions. Wow, thanks so much! [face_blush] As much fun as I have with devious plots, for me the characters are definitely the heart of the story. Writing them well has been a challenge ? very rewarding, too. imagine a reader who has been lurking for a long time and anxiously awaiting each post, and you will know how much I love this story. *imagines?* Okay! And thanks again for delurking. ;)
    Reihla: These women in Anakin's life don't take any crap from him do they? No, they sure don?t. :p Although I?m not sure anyone takes crap from him at this point? His kids sure don?t? Great help for Padme, though - and already trained. And not afraid to speak their minds, which a Chancellor always needs more of in advisors. :)
    Shinar: By letting us choose which ones we want most you give us the illusion of control while still tormenting us with the 'what-might-have-beens' :eek: She?s on to me!
    Lando_Plenty: And Anakin has decided to stay out of the action? I doubt the Sith will allow him that. I suspect you?re right. [face_mischief] I hope Luke realises what he's doing. I think we all know Luke has no clue? [face_laugh]
    anakin_girl: Hope DRL is better. :) things seem to have settled down...for now. Sometimes I think ?for now? is all we ever get in SW? :( More news on the sequel tomorrow.
    FreighterPilot: I hope you know that I have been following along regularly As an author, I just go with the assumption that no one stops reading my fic once they?ve delurked. It?s probably not true, but it makes me happy to pretend. :p Thanks, btw, for killing off Obi Wan, as I suggested, instead of poor Han! You?re welcome! [face_laugh] I don't think I've shaken my head even once in this story at a blatant misuse of the English language (also rare). It?s a good thing you don?t see the first drafts? I'm looking forward to seeing Han rescued Well, you know how ROTJ starts. ;)
    Yoda-Feet: I admit I've been somewhat of a lurker throughout this 'saga' in it's entirety :eek: That?s okay! Welcome! :D I think I have every right to vote, considering I have been reading on the down low. Hey, whatever gets you to delurk works for me. ;)

See everyone tomorrow for the POF cast list, teaser trailer, and announcement of the opening day. :D

3. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Sorry I haven't been able to reply to the last post yet, DRL is killing me still!

Anyways, what a great last post! :D I loved how you ended it with some A/P mush. [face_love] [face_love] It was perfect!

I can't wait to read the third installment of this wonderful trilogy! :)

For the missing scenes, I think I'm going to vote for E & F, though all of them sound really interesting!

You did a fantastic job writing this part of the story, and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for part three already! :D

4. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    You are so funny!
    Thanks! :)

No comment on my request! :(

Cruel creatures lawyers are... :_| :mad:

:p :p

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Darn, I forgot the voting runs until 5 pm. I need a sock :p

6. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Monica: Good luck with DRL! :) I loved how you ended it with some A/P mush. After what I put them through, they deserved it. ;)
    JediArwen: No comment on my request! Not yet, anyway. [face_mischief] Am I cruel? I suppose so. [face_devil]
    Shinar: Note to self: Next year be sure to say socks can?t vote. [face_laugh]

Thanks again for all the great feedback, everyone! :D Here are the promised goodies for today. ;)

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AP) ? Today the producers of The Skywalker Prophecy held their scheduled press conference to discuss Episode VI: The Paths of Fate, the final installment of the trilogy.

Executive Producer Darth Lex began the media briefing by unveiling the cast list. ?We?re delighted to have all our cast members from Hope and Darkness back with us again,? he said. ?As with the prior episodes we?ve invoked the rule of Dream Casting to preserve the canonical performances of the heroes.? Lex noted a few additions to the cast in roles introduced in POF, including Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck, and Reese Witherspoon. He also announced that the production was now ahead of schedule. ?We faced a few delays several weeks ago,? Lex admitted, ?but we?ve made up that time and we?re very excited about our progress.?

Senior Writer Darth Lex continued the presentation by discussing a number of rumors surrounding the trilogy?s third segment. ?The Paths of Fate takes place one year after Hope and Darkness,? Lex explained. ?Rumors that Sarré is pregnant in POF are simply wrong; their child has already been born before we start. Let me also make clear that the only baby in this story is Bryon?s and Sarré?s. Any reports that Padmé, Leia, or Mara was pregnant at the end of HAD are false.? Lex confirmed that the early scenes of POF will elaborate on the many issues left unresolved in the relationship between Mara and Luke, and in the master-apprentice bond between Mara and Anakin, at the end of Hope and Darkness. When asked about a rumor that Mara and Luke would begin POF as Jedi Knights, Lex refused to comment.

Director Darth Lex concluded the press conference by releasing the teaser trailer for The Paths of Fate. ?In the spirit of its predecessors, this trailer has some spoilers and some red herrings,? Lex said. ?Most of all we hope it conveys a sense of the interaction between the power of destiny and the importance of free will that is the most prominent theme of the final episode.? He was asked point blank whether the death of Jedi icon Obi-Wan Kenobi in Hope and Darkness would allow the audience to relax, now that mortal danger to their favorite characters had passed. ?Oh, I don?t think so at all,? Lex said after conferring with the others. ?The ending of the new story is just as shocking as the end of Jedi ? if not more so.? A reporter pressed Lex on whether he really might kill a Skywalker. He responded with a grin, ?One of the Skywalkers died in ROTJ, right??

The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode VI: The Paths of Fate opens everywhere Thursday, February 19, 2004.

THE SKYWALKER PROPHECY

Episode VI: The Paths of Fate

Cast List

Leading Roles
    Anakin Skywalker..........................Hayden Christensen
    Padmé Naberrie Skywalker...............Natalie Portman
    Luke Skywalker.............................Mark Hamill
    Leia Skywalker.............................Carrie Fisher
    Han Solo.....................................Harrison Ford
    Danaé Skywalker...........................Liv Tyler (LOTR; Armageddon)
    Bryon Skywalker............................Brendan Fraser (The Mummy; George of the Jungle)
    Sarré Bellion.................................Claire Danes (The Hours; Terminator 3)
    Mara Jade....................................Laura Prepon (?That 70s Show?)

Principal Supporting Roles
    Sabé Bellion.......................

7. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow! Very intriguing teaser trailer, Lex. I'll be there! :D

8. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Affleck as Soontir Fel? :eek: :_| *chokes* Ack ack ack! :_| :mad:

The end of RotJ was shocking? :confused: ESB was the surprise one. And you've already killed one major character for the trilogy, gonna surpase the established mark? Well, I guess Obi-wan needed to die anyway ;)

King Argis IV of Vyhrrag.................Jude Law
    Darth Relegous............................Jude Law

*frowns, then decides her memory just sucks and she needs to reread some stuff*

Can't wait for the missing scenes :D And I'll be counting the days until Feb 19th ;)

9. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Wow...This last one sounds incredible! I CAN'T wait til the 19th!!!!!

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Noo! You can't kill a Skywalker. That's not fair. *pouts* ;) Great trailer.

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Luke and Mara battling each other? A Skywalker dies? Say it ain't so, Lex! (red herring, red herring...)

Can't wait till the 19th.

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    most definately looking forward to this.. .

:)

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    No fair! You leave us with that and what our minds can concoct! :_| :p A Skywalker dies?! :eek: You wouldn't!!!! You can't! :( Mara and Luke battle? Oh great. [face_plain] See what you've done, Skywalker?! Denying her probably wasn't the smartest thing you've done. *slaps him in the back of the head* Hey, that was pretty fun... I think I should do it again. [face_mischief] *slaps him in the back of the head again and grins* :p

14. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    WHOA! That was an incredible glimpse of what's to come, Lex! A Skywalker could still die?!?! :eek: :eek: NO! :_| :_|

And poor Mara! I knew we were all worried about her with good reason. Stupid Luke! I can't believe I just said that. Well, if he helped push her towards the Dark Side, he can help bring her back, right? RIGHT!? Oh, this is going to be a tortuous ride, I can already tell. :mad: But you couldn't make me miss it for anything! [face_laugh]

I think I'm looking forward to this almost as much as I'm looking forward to May 2005! :D :D

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Lex ! I love your trailers and press conferences! :cool: My favorite part is always the cast list. I like the additions of Ben Affleck, Reese Witherspoon (I can completely see her as Winter)....

But.....Luke & Mara fighting! :_| I'm going to join in the slapping of the back of Luke's head. This is all your fault, dummy! She needed you!

Danae looks to continue her girl-power streak. Whoo-hoo! :D

And Han is back....I think we're going to need a reunion PM scene for him & Leia. [face_hopeful] ...need more emoticons... :mad:

Baby! [face_love] I personally think a few more wouldn't hurt anything at all. :D
    ...hint, hint.... E!

I can't wait until the 19th!!!!!!!

16. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    STAR WARS AU: THE SKYWALKER PROPHECY
    EPISODE VI - THE PATHS OF FATE
    Rated PG. Opens everywhere February 19, 2004.

Yay! We don't have to wait three years! :D (Though on some days three weeks seems like an awfully long time.) This is going to be great!

17. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Cool teaser/trailer. I'll definitely be there. Can't wait.

I withold judgement on the comment that a Skywalker died in RotJ til the times comes in POF. But I will be over here hoping that none of them die.

Grrrr. :mad: Luke! You dummy.

18. DathomirianHealer

DathomirianHealer Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    You are cruel! [face_devil] LOL. I can't wait! Loved the cast list, and the interview too! As for the teaser trailer- I have a bad feeling about this, Lex! I'm sure you'll make it an amazing and absolutely CRAZY ride. You have me quite nervous about Luke&Mara, and Ani&Padmé. I'll be tuning in to see what happens! Keep it up! :D

19. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    February 19th! That's like forever from now!

This trailer was awesome. Some of my reactions included words that cannot be typed on these boards, especially to this part: As soon as the scarlet blade ignites she advances on Luke, glaring angrily into his eyes.

The press release was cool also. It seems like that would be fun to write up. Any reports that Padmé, Leia, or Mara was pregnant at the end of HAD are false. Aw. :( But could one of them possibly be pregenant by the end of POF? :)

A reporter pressed Lex on whether he really might kill a Skywalker. He responded with a grin, ?One of the Skywalkers died in ROTJ, right?? You are evil and cruel, and that's why I love you. :)

POF is gonna be a fun ride. I can't wait.

EDIT: Because I do know markup codes.

20. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] How can you make us wait until February 19 after giving us a trailer like that? I'm too impatient to wait that long!

Please don't kill a Skywalker! I like them too much.

I can't wait to read POF! :D

21. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    To balance out the dissenters, I'm looking forward to seeing which Skywalker dies? [face_devil]

22. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Oh my god Lex! What are you doing to me?

You know how I feel about my Skywalkers!?

What's with the blood on Padme's forehead?

That must've been Bryon's baby they were watching over, how sweet. [face_love]

23. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, what a powerful trailer! :D I'm definitely going to be wondering about what's to come until the 19th! :)

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in this chapter of the story!

24. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Replies to your reactions to the POF trailer over the weekend?

The Readers? Choice poll has closed? The results are in?

Easily taking first place is E) Panic Attack (ch.15, pt. 3): Luke questions Bryon and Sarré about the conception. [face_mischief]

The results for second place were incredibly close. By a single vote :eek: D) Apology Accepted (ch.15, pt.2): Padmé takes Anakin home [face_love] beat out C) Sins of the Father (ch.15, pt.1): Luke, Leia, Danaé, and Bryon cope during Anakin?s exile. :( Because I am such a nice author (notwithstanding my evilness at times), though, I am going to write ALL THREE of these scenes as the Readers? Choice Missing Scenes for HAD!

You?re welcome. ;)

So here?s the final list:

HAD Missing Scenes

# 1 ? Son of Vader (ch.6, pt. 1): Bryon ?interrogates? the Kuati security chief at the Senate
    # 2 ? Green-Eyed Jealousy (ch.10, pt.2): Luke talks to Callista ? and Mara
    # 3 ? Awareness (ch.14, pt.3): Bryon wakes up in a bacta tank and sees Sarré

# 4 ? Sins of the Father (ch.15, pt.1): Luke, Leia, Danaé, and Bryon cope during Anakin?s exile
    # 5 ? Apology Accepted (ch.15, pt.2): Padmé takes Anakin home**
    # 6 ? Panic Attack (ch.15, pt. 3): Luke questions Bryon and Sarré about the conception

** Missing Scene # 5 will have an extended, PM-only version [face_love] that I will make available to readers 18 and older.

Finally, here?s a reminder of what?s next?

Upcoming Posting Schedule

Mon Feb 2 ? HAD Missing Scenes # 1-3
    Thu Feb 5 ? HAD Missing Scenes # 4-6
    Mon Feb 9 ? HAD Bonus Missing Scenes # 1-2 (previously released)
    Thu Feb 12 ? no post
    Mon Feb 16 ? no post
    Thu Feb 19 ? POF begins!

See you on Monday for the first three HAD Missing Scenes. :D

25. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    HA HAH HAH HAH!!! I KNEW IT :D :D :D Yay!

Oh yeah, thank you Lex! [face_blush]

EDIT: Got so carried away that I forgot to be polite and thank the nice author :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.