Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Son of Vader: Chilling scene. Bryon has a lot of his father's bad qualities.

Green Eyed: Eeep. Mara was already slipping before Anakin's betrayal.

Awareness: I really liked the format you used to show his awakening. It was so different.
  2. karebear214 Force Ghost

star 4
    Bryon really was scary.

Mara was... I guess she was proving once again that she's not someone to mess with. Go girl!

And the awakening scene... that was awesome. I like how you used first person. It made his feelings so much more powerful.
  3. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you! I love missing scenes....it's the whole reason I bought a DVD player. :D

Son of Vader [face_shocked]

Green Eyed Mara :_| I don't like Callista either (which is rare for me....there are very few characters that illicit such negative responses from me), but this was short enough that I didn't have time to fall into proper loathing of her. 8-} Even though it wasn't really funny, I had to laugh at the last line, because that was so Mara! [face_laugh]

The Hospital scene was very touching! [face_love]
  4. PhoenixMage Jedi Knight

star 3
    First scene: :eek: Woah! Scary Bryon! Vader's son indeed.........
    Second scene: :eek: Woah! Scary Mara!
    Third scene: :( [face_love] Sweet scene.......... Awwwwwwww...................

Need more missing scenes.........
  5. Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow... That last missing scene was very cool! they were all great! I can't wait for more on Thursday!!!
  6. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    you did a fabulour job with the Bacta scene.. the sound effects and all.. just great. Congrats on the awards.. so happy for you .
  7. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    Son of Vader: Bryon's definitely Vader's son. Yikes. *shivers*

Green Eyed: Hehe, that's Mara. Though we can see the beginings of her fall. :(

Awaking: Awww, that was such a sweet scene. I loved it. And it was cool how you put the sound effects in there. I especially loved the line My baby. Her baby. Our baby. Awwwww, [face_love] so sweet.
  8. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    They were awesome!!!! :D Bryon was very scary when he was interrogating that poor man! [face_plain] The descriptions happened to make me think he was more Vader than Anakin has been in this novel, even with his little darkside turn. [face_plain] Jealous Mara makes me giggle. :p Then that last line! [face_laugh] I have no doubt in my mind that she'd try. [face_mischief] But... still bad that she was falling before all the stuff happened. [face_plain] Bryon's waking up was very sweet. [face_love] Very very realistic. Only a few more!!! :_| :p
  9. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed the first round of missing scenes. Congratulations on the winter fan fic awards.

--MissPadme
  10. aotc02 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bryon was kind of scary in the first missing scene. I would not want to be interrogated by him if he's had a bad day.

Mara is also angry. If you ever lie to me, I?ll kill you. That's not a very nice thing to say!

The Awakening was a sweet missing scene. I like how you wrote it from Bryon's perspective.

Congrats on winning the awards! :D
  11. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    I notice people are having two reactions to Mara's last line there, and looking back I notice it is a bit ambiguous.

?If you ever lie to me, I?ll kill you.?

Now Lex, you evil author, you didn't give us a clue about her demeanor there. No facial expression described or vocal tone there. She's been cold and jealous the majority of the scene so she could have meant it in a bad, dark way. Or, Luke may have suceeded in calming her down a bit more then I originally guessed and she did imply it in the strong-willed, probably teasing manner we are used to with lightside Mara. At this point, we the readers all know she's close to that dark line and since there's no hint as to which emotion she made that statement in, I'll take it in the bad way :(

You know, if this had been included in it's original point in the story instead of as a missing scene we probably all would have taken it in the "You go girl", typical Mara way. It's only now, after the end of the story that we have deep, dark doubts. . .
  12. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Completely what I was thinking, Shinar .

I decided to take it as I would have back in context. I'm happier that way. 8-}
  13. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    :D :) :D :) :D

CONGRATULATIONS DARTH_LEX

The sexiest man in fan fiction is finally acknowledged... ;)

Duh! I meant Bryon! [face_mischief]

Ditto to Reihla's list. Especially this one: 5. A regular posting schedule, so we know when to expect our ?fix.?

To me - and I'm sure to a lot of people - TSP: The Skywalker Prohecy - has become something of a Star Wars fandom tradition. Tuesday/Friday mornings (bl**dy time zones), I'm camped in front of a - any - monitor, rug beneath my soles (because the bl**dy pipes are acting up again), reading the latest on the Skywalkers and their exploits. It's like Alias or The Agency - a scheduled event that I can anticipate without the fear of being let down. And the quality is *awesome*

Because I am such a nice author (notwithstanding my evilness at times), though, I am going to write ALL THREE of these scenes as the Readers? Choice Missing Scenes for HAD!

Sorry if I start sounding mushy here but I can't be the only one who has noticed that the nicest writers on these boards are usually the nicest people? :confused: I'm not just talking abt bonus *bonus* scenes (although compared to some writers who leave everything and dissapear... I'm not naming any names, least of all mine! [face_laugh] ). I'm talking abt writers (Lex is one of many that I have observed) who never abandon their *reading material*; give long, lovely, encouraging reviews; never, ever lurk; make intelligent, well-thought-out and yet tactful contributions to our wild discussion threads... ***you can go ahead and blush now Lex*** 8-}

What can I say? The missing scenes were superb - big deal! [face_mischief] Let's rave about the Author for while.
    Lex, You R.O.X.!!! :D

14. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    Congratulations on the awards, Lex! You really deserve them! :)

HAD Missing Scene # 1: Son of Vader

I think it?s another reason for calling Bryon son of Vader. Really frightening Lex!
    ?Tell me now!?
    ?..
    And crushed them until he heard the bones snapping.
    :eek:
    Like father, like son!

HAD Missing Scene # 2: Green-Eyed Jealousy

I don?t care about darkside, but Mara?s reaction is completely understandable. She is so insecure ?no previous experience- and the not talking afterwards made her feel more insecure. While the other part is known as the heartbreaker and Callista is a previous girlfriend? Poor Mara? I still remember how I felt in her age and in situations like this?
    And now is more clear how she felt when Luke refused to go to the council. Luke?s refusal come on these feelings and increased insecurity farther. All these things lead you to a vcious circle and it?s rather difficult to escape it. Let?s hope? ;)

HAD Missing Scene # 3: Awareness

So sweet, my friend! [face_love] I like very much the first-person point-of-view.

Can?t wait for the next missing scenes. [face_love]

15. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    Loved all three missing scenes, Lex, and looking forward to the rest of them.

Congrats again on your awards. Very deserving!
  16. merkuria Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! Very impressive!

I've just finished reading the whole fic from beginning to end...

::glances at her watch::

Ooops, where has the day gone?

Really enjoyed this fic (and also the missing scenes) and I'm looking forward to the next episode - the teaser trailor was very intriguing! :)

I sent you a PM earlier - I'd love to read the PM-only scenes so if you could include me on the list it would be greatly appreciated! :)

17. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep yep I made it! Haven?t beaten DRL to pulp yet with my Chris Duhon Noles whuppin stick but I?m working on it?

HAD Missing Scene # 1: Son of Vader (Chapter 6)

Author?s Commentary: The false alarm at the Senate was a short scene designed to continue to bring Bryon?s dark side to the fore as the story progressed. I kept the interrogation itself ?offscreen? because I wanted to reveal Bryon?s actions only in Kessa?s confession to Sarré in chapter 11. That way the revelation would be as shocking to the readers as it is to Sarré. The interrogation does make a good Missing Scene, though.

Personally I think it was a wise choice to omit the scene. The reader still understood where Bryon was emotionally and you had other opportunities to cover this aspect of his character. With that said it was a blast to read what really happened. Bryon was a wee bit scary? [face_plain]

HAD Missing Scene # 2: Green-Eyed Jealousy (Chapter 10) :

Author?s Commentary: The brief cameo by Callista was included only to instigate negative reactions from the readers ? which it did. A longer conversation, or a full-blown ?catfight? with Mara, or even killing her off in the battle, would have given Callista a greater role than was warranted in the overall story. But increasing her ?screen time? just a little was a fun Missing Scene to write

Callista hmmpf! You can keep her. Although I laugh because Mara ? yeah I?ve been that green-eyed monster. Can be quite intimidating when the emotions are running at their highest. Well-written and fun to read.

?If you ever lie to me, I?ll kill you.? [face_laugh] I think it?s funny because you and I have had this discussion. I think she would have threatened a little different. I know I have?

HAD Missing Scene # 3: Awareness (Chapter 14)

Author?s Commentary: This was a scene that I initially had planned to include in the main body of the story, but once I wrote chapters 14 and 15 I realized it distracted from the other, more important issues in those scenes. This scene is nice ? but it isn?t necessary to move the story forward. So it ends up as a Missing Scene ? and became a scene in first-person point-of-view, unlike the rest of the story.

You?re right about the flow. Esp since the piece is emotionally draining it would have taken too much from the story and where you needed to go.

As for the work itself. I really am still speechless. It had great rhythm and a sense of where he was. I just absolutely loved it [face_love] and would have to say it ranks right up there as the favorite thing I have read of yours. Other than that I am at a loss? ;)

18. Lando_Plenty Jedi Knight

star 2
    Congrats on the awards!

My fav. out of these three would definitely be #3. I liked the whole pffssssssssss thing and the way you wrote it in first person. Very nice.
  19. Monica_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Those were such great missing scenes! :D

Scene 1: eek, I hate it when Bryon shows signs that he's Anakin's son! [face_plain]
    Scene 2: It's nice to see Mara checkin' up on Luke! :p
    Scene 3: I loved the interaction between Sarre and Bryon! [face_love] [face_love] They're so cute!

I can't wait to read the others! Congrats on the awards as well! You deserved them! :D
  20. karebear214 Force Ghost

star 4
    Did I forget to congratulate you on your awards? Eek! Sorry, Lex. Anyhow, congratulations! :D
  21. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    BTW, I loved the sound of the respirator in Missing Scene #3: Very Vaderish...
  22. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
    Son of Vader:
    :eek: Yikes, Bryon comes across as a very powerful person. He was out of control, but at the same time he seemed veryy cold, which is a dangerous combination. He really was operating from the dark side (or it's equivalent for non-Force-sensitives). The title 'Son of Vader' really does apply, because that's the impression that I got the whole way through it - 'Son of Vader'. Wow :eek:

Green Eyed Jealousy:
    There's another one whose got ot watch herself. But it shows just how unsure Mara is of Luke, and I think, to a certain extent, herself. Of course I'm inclined to scratch Callista's eyes out, myself, so I can hardly talk. but along with Luke, I was kinda chilled by her behaviour. :eek:

Awareness:
    Awwww! Despite my love of angst, I've just melted into a pile of goo on the floor. What a touching scene! bryon's thoughts as he became aware of the world and being alive and then his thoughts on Sarré - so wonderful. :)

Congratulations on your awards, you deserve them :)
  23. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks again to everyone for the congrats on the awards. I?m still amazed and thrilled at them. Wow.

Shinar: the Awareness reaction trampled everything else! Yay! Glad you liked it. Bryon is even more wrong It?s interesting to explore how easy it is for someone to fall into the trap of the ends justifying the means? [face_devil] No facial expression described or vocal tone there. That?s true, although I think the dialogue itself provides a clue even by itself. Or, Luke may have succeeded in calming her down a bit more then I originally guessed and she did imply it in the strong-willed, probably teasing manner we are used to with lightside Mara. Well, I don?t think Mara lets Luke get away with anything, really, so I think she?d probably say something like this in a lot of contexts? :p You know, if this had been included in it's original point in the story instead of as a missing scene we probably all would have taken it in the "You go girl", typical Mara way. Probably true. :cool: There?s a hint of darkness there, but not much of one? So don?t read too much into this scene; as you said, it?s before the bad stuff goes down.
    TKL: You forgot to hand out the tissues! *passes tissues* With that said it was a blast to read what really happened. Bryon was a wee bit scary? At least he didn?t kill the guy? [face_mischief] And it?s good to know you think the scene was better left out of the full story. Although I laugh because Mara ? yeah I?ve been that green-eyed monster. Haven?t we all? ?[face_plain] I sure have? I think she would have threatened a little different. This is a PG-rated board, my friend. Although I have been tempted for a while to write a scene that?s PM-only due to language? [face_devil] would have to say it ranks right up there as the favorite thing I have read of yours. :eek: Wow. Thanks! [face_blush]
    RebelMom: Bryon has a lot of his father's bad qualities. Yep. [face_mischief] He has some of the good qualities too, though. [face_love] Mara was already slipping before Anakin's betrayal. Sort of. Her demeanor there was as much bravado to hide her insecurities as true anger. And Luke?s fear was as much self-inflicted as reacting to her?
    karebear214: Mara was... I guess she was proving once again that she's not someone to mess with. Go girl! Exactly. Two-timing on Mara would be a very, very bad idea. :p
    TahiriSoloFan: Even though it wasn't really funny, I had to laugh at the last line, because that was so Mara! I thought it was funny? ;) Mara?s been known to exaggerate on occasion when it suits her purposes, after all. I decided to take it as I would have back in context. I'm happier that way. I definitely tried to write the scene from the mindset of how I wrote chapter 10 ? knowing what?s coming next but keeping the characters in their current states of mind before that. There?s some foreshadowing there, but no real dark side emotions. (Unless you count jealousy. [face_mischief] )
    PhoenixMage: Scary Bryon! Vader's son indeed Heh heh. [face_devil] Sweet scene.......... Awwwwwwww Thanks. I was worried it might be too cheesy but it seems as though everyone liked it.
    Anakinisthechosenone: they were all great! Thanks! :)
    qingauk: Thanks for the congrats! :) The bacta tank scene was an interesting one to write, for sure, so I?m glad you liked it.
    Bulldog: Yikes. *shivers* Here hee! And that?s for one of the good guys? :p Hehe, that's Mara. Though we can see the beginnings of her fall. Well, Mara always had a quick temper ? something she?d have to watch out for as a Jedi?
    J&J: he was more Vader than Anakin has been in this novel I intended it that way. Cool that you noticed? [face_devil] Jealous Mara makes me giggle. Yay! It was supposed to be mostly funny, with just a little undercurrent of anger? ;)
    MissPadme: Thanks! :)
    aotc: I would not want to be interrogated by him if he's had a bad day. No kidding! [face_laugh] That's not a very nice thing to
  24. jagsredlady Jedi Master

star 4
    Missing scene #1

Son Of Vader - 'nuff said. [face_plain] I changed my mind about Bryon being exciting when he's forceful. He was just downright scary. :eek:

Missing scene #2

Green-Eyed Jealousy - I recently reread Children of the Jedi and I've decided that I really can't stand Callista. Stuff her somewhere and make her disappear. [face_plain]

?If you ever lie to me, I?ll kill you.?
    After that line, I can't really say poor Mara anymore. [face_laugh]

Missing scene #3

Awareness - Wow! Starkly powerful! I loved it. [face_love]

Very nice treat this was. Thanks Lex. :)

25. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.