main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    He laughed too. ?The Force is quite fond of that kind of irony, I?ve found. Completing the circle. Finding balance. And visiting the torment of the youthful apprentice back upon the Master. I suppose I deserve this for all the suffering I inflicted on Obi-Wan over the years.?

Like many others, I found this line to be great! [face_laugh] Can't you just see Force-ghost Obi-Wan standing across from Anakin and smirking? ;)

Great first post! It let us in on all sorts of details, while still leaving us to wonder exactly what was happening. I can't wait to catch up to Luke & Leia & co. I still have to beg for some kindness for Mara...even though I know you won't be nice to her for a long time yet, if ever! :mad:

Granparents Skywalkers! [face_love]
    Sarre' in the bath. 8-}

All in all.... :D [face_love] :D

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was amazing......I could read the teaser over and over and over again....

Mara, wearing the same black flight suit seen earlier and holding her ignited violet blade in her right hand. Suddenly she extends her left arm and another lightsaber handle spins end over end into her hand. As soon as the scarlet blade ignites she advances on Luke, glaring angrily into his eyes.
    Ah-ha....Mara has a red lightsaber...I knew that girl was trouble....I hope she dies.....

As much as he tried, he couldn?t get used to the fact that Sarré conducted all manner of personal correspondence from the bath. It was just? bizarre.
    Yeah, I have to agree with Anakin on that one...WEIRD! lol!

The hawk has roosted.

Lightning strikes at storm?s end.

The scorpion walks the sands.

A journey of seven days.

The chimney falls.

The smoke remains.

This is pretty cool...I wonder what it all means....

For in all her meditations she had seen time and again that no matter what took place in the coming days, her ultimate defeat of the Chosen One remained constant. It was a foregone conclusion.

It was inevitable.

Nice!!! I can't wait for the next post!

Awesome start Lexy!! :) :) :)

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Fortunately for Nyklas his grandmother had infinite patience for her first grandchild.

Awwww.... :) :)

As much as he tried, he couldn?t get used to the fact that Sarré conducted all manner of personal correspondence from the bath. It was just? bizarre.

[face_laugh] ;) [face_mischief]

TKL speaks for us all: Never again will we see Mrs. Douglas the same way! ;)

And so it begins...

:cool:

4. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    It has begun. Great start Lex: Grabs you right at the start and don't let go, hmm, reminds me of something :p

?The Force is quite fond of that kind of irony, I?ve found. Completing the circle. Finding balance. And visiting the torment of the youthful apprentice back upon the Master. I suppose I deserve this for all the suffering I inflicted on Obi-Wan over the years.? [face_laugh] Too true.

Aww, baby Nyklas. Cutie. [face_love] Hmm, lets see, Skywalker stubborness, Sabe's grit and stubborness, the Force, Padme's stubborness. Oh, yeah that kid's going to be a force to reckon with. Something tells me that Luke'll be catching his father's curse :p I can see him trainning that one.

Mara's healing's not complete. Why am I not surprised? *whimpers as she thinks of all the [face_devil] thing Lex could do to her second favorite character*

5. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Great start, Lex.

Oh, and did you know that Winston Churchill was another one who did alot of business from the bath?

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    TKL: With grandparents like that I think he's got all the bases covered Scary prospect, isn?t it? he figured out that the bathroom is like a woman's office or for some even their court. Maybe so, but Leia is the princess. ;) Hmmmm... [chin_scratching] Are you wondering about where Leia is, or Sarré?s little coup? ?[face_plain] Okay Lex I don't like that one bit. Too bad. [face_devil]
    JediArwen: I have found it myself too, since I was very miserable in eatting as a child and although I escaped it with my first son, I met my punishment with second... [face_laugh] I am sure I?ll get the same revenge someday too? I liked the scene with the grandparents. They are great! After everything I?ve put them through, I think they deserve some happy moments. I can't wait... I knew you?d like that.
    kayladie97: well, we know that can't last! Am I really that predictable? [face_mischief] they're on a mission together? That could be good or bad. [face_worried] You?ll find out quite a bit more in the next post. Overall, it?s probably good.
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks! :)
    RebelMom: Glad to see some nice grandparenty stuff - I'm sure the calm quietness won't last. Everyone thinks I?m so evil? :(
    Jedi-2B: So Luke and Mara have been on a mission together for two months, and we're missing it? I don?t even have to tell you to have patience ? the next post will explain what you want to know. ;) Those mysterious coded messages of Darth Vengeous were scary. Woohoo! Just what I was hoping? Unlike L/M, it?ll be a while before those become clear.
    Jayden112233: I think Mara still might be pretty steamed at old Lukey. Answers very soon? I have a nasty feeling you're going to make her all evil and such I couldn?t possibly say. [face_plain] Love the name Nyklas. Thanks!
    lauré: I?m glad you liked the HAD missing scenes. :) Even though I fear I will be saying the famous last words "I have a bad feeling about this" more than once before all is over. I think you will be saying it quite a bit? Maybe even more than in ADR or HAD. :eek: Though I must say that I find the thought of a "General Anakin Skywalker" more appealing than not. Oh, I agree. Vader?s tactical skills on the light side would be quite a power to reckon with. Guess you?ll have to wait and see.
    Lando_Plenty: Nyklas is a cool name, I like the spelling I figure if Mom and Pop have goofy spellings (instead of just Brian and Sara), he should get one too. Plus I didn?t want anyone confusing him with Santa Claus. :p You know, the risky plan of the good guys vs. the infallible plan of the enemy. Indeed? Some things don?t change in my AU?
    Darth_Leia: Thanks! :)
    Starrrunner: Hee hee! I?m glad it got your attention. :)
    Shinar: Thanks for the congrats on CS. :cool: So when do we find out what Leia's up to? Within a few posts. :cool: May you get exactly what you deserve In that case Anakin had better be very afraid. [face_laugh]
    aotc02: Baby Nyklas seems so adorable You say that now, but I haven?t shown his ?dark side? yet. :p It's cool that Mara and Luke are knights now I figured I tormented them enough on that part? Now it?s on to the really tough issue ? romance. :eek:
    PhoenixMage: What are the Sith up to now? No good, obviously. Well said. [face_laugh] Their plans will slowly be revealed as we go along?
    Darth_Lamblike: A masterpiece? No pressure or anything! :p
    Jazz: Nyklas will appear here and there as we go along; he?s a little too young to do an awful lot. :cool:
    MissPadme: The way things are going for their kids, there will be plenty more additions to the Skywalker clan in the future! Probably true. [face_mischief] For now, it?s just Nyklas, though.
    Anakinisthechosenone: Poor Byron, it doesn't look like he'll get to see his son very much Not with a war to win? :( There is a scene with Bryon and Nyklas later on in the story, though, I promise. [face_love]
    [b

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    not to mention his parents and grandparents Don't forget the uncles and aunts :p

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Great Start, already having us guessing. ..

I'm worried about this whole "Arica" thing. . . When did Mara use Arica as her psuedonym before? I think I've forgotten. Was it on Tatooine?

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *staggers into thread*

*collapses*

After - *wearily checks clock* - five straight hours of marathon reading :eek: , I did it. I finished Hope and Darkness and read this first post. At this point, there's no way I can compose any insightful feedback. Hopefully I'll have recovered from the effort by Monday and will be able to say something worth hearing. Either way, I'll be here. :D

10. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    I guess I'm not the only one who just finished
    HAD...
    Yea! I'm not alone! :p

Great start to POF, I loved the teaser! :D

Can't wait until Monday!

11. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Lex,

Vader?s tactical skills on the light side would be quite a power to reckon with.

Somehow I find myself thinking that's the biggest understatement ever. Oh, well, I guess we'll just see...

On the subject of baths, you're not the only one who finds highly disconcerting the thought of Churchill conducting business from his bath. But, well, whatever made his mind clearer is fine by me. Especially in trying wartimes, when every move might well be crucial.

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

12. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Bulldog: Touché. [face_laugh]
    maramijade: Thanks! :) Yes, Arica was the pseudonym Mara used when she infiltrated Jabba?s palace to wait for Luke to show up. In fact, in the radio drama of ROTJ (1996) we even get to hear Arica?s voice ? she talks briefly to Threepio. ;)
    Gabri_Jade: Welcome! :D Believe me, knowing you read HAD for five hours is feedback enough. :) Either way, I'll be here. Woohoo! And there?ll be lots of Mara for you to boot.
    returnofthejeni: Welcome back! :D I?m glad you liked HAD, and thanks for checking in. POF should be a wild ride? [face_mischief]
    lauré: that's the biggest understatement ever. Hmm? Maybe? Or what about, ?There?s something fishy about this Palpatine guy, but I just can?t put my finger on it.? :p But, well, whatever made his mind clearer is fine by me. Exactly ? whatever works? Who am I to judge? :)

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone! See you in the morning for Chapter 1, Part 1. And away we go?

13. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    *Blankly walks into the nearest wall* I missed it!

Good thing I managed to fin it before you posted the next post! (just)

LOL! Anakin and Padmé are struggling with their new grandchild - can't use the Force on him! Nyahnyahnyah. Meh, hehhehhehheh! Now they know how everyone else feels.

?That?s my baby girl,? Padmé smiled. ?Now if we could just get her to lighten up a little.? Does this mean we should watch out for a Danaé subplot somewhere along the way?

?Everything is in place. It won?t be long now.? Until what?

Mara?s healing was not yet complete. That's sad. At the end of HAD she was still so mixed up (damn that Luke Skywalker). We are going to to get some peace for her aren't we? Please? At some point?

to help his children succeed So, he's a parent then? ;) Always interferring.

She had waited a quarter century for this moment, and now it was finally here. I don't think I want to know. (j/k)

Nice start!

14. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Kazzy: Now they know how everyone else feels. [face_laugh] No sympathy from you, I guess! Although I bet Luke was a cranky baby too? Does this mean we should watch out for a Danaé subplot somewhere along the way? A subplot, yes? Whether she lightens up, well, don?t get your hopes up quite yet. :p damn that Luke Skywalker :eek: Wow, I really seem to have instigated some negative feelings among my readers? Woohoo! [face_devil]

And here?s the next post! :D

CHAPTER ONE (Part 1 of 3)

Padmé Naberrie Skywalker stood at the wide window behind the desk in the Supreme Chancellor?s ceremonial office, gazing at the orange hues of sunset shining off the skyline in the distance. ?We have two choices,? she said to the others standing across the desk. ?I can present the request for authorization of fleet redeployments directly to the Senate, or I can convene a meeting of the caucus chairs and seek to get their support first.?

They stayed quiet, waiting patiently.

?I need to make a decision tonight,? Padmé said. She glanced up as she began to pace along the window. ?Sabé??

?According to our latest analysis of the numbers, the chances of passage in the Senate are very low,? her oldest and dearest friend replied. ?Every vote the caucus chairs can get us will help.?

?I agree,? Rabé said. ?Our only chance is with the caucus chairs on our side.?

Dormé nodded. ?Caucus chairs.?

Saché nodded too. ?Caucus chairs.?

Padmé spun on her heel when she reached the wall and paced back in the other direction. Unanimity among her four friends ? retired royal handmaidens turned Chancellor?s advisors ? was about as frequent as snow on Tatooine. ?Jenny??

?That?s right,? Chief of Staff Antilles said. After Anakin and Padmé had purchased Jenny?s freedom from slavery two decades ago, she had been nanny to the Skywalker children and a devoted secretary before Padmé?s return to politics ? and she now ran Supreme Chancellor Amidala?s office with the kind of precision and unquestioned authority a general would envy. Not to mention Jenny?s impeccable judgment for all things political. ?Going to the caucus chairs can only help, and it can?t hurt.?

?I think so too,? Sarré said. ?But there?s no point.?

Padmé raised her eyebrows. ?Why not??

?It?s only a matter of time,? Sarré sighed, ?before you have to take the war out of the Senate?s hands. Even if you get the redeployments passed, it?ll be close. And maybe the next vote will be close. But sooner or later we?re going to start losing them. And when that happens you?ll regret you didn?t act now.?

?You mean Victory Strike,? Sabé said.

?I mean Victory Strike,? Sarré confirmed.

?But we can?t take that to the Senate,? Dormé said. ?It would compromise the secrecy that?s key to its success.?

Sarré?s lavender eyes drilled into Padmé?s gaze. ?Who said anything about taking it to the Senate??

?There?s only one way to implement Victory Strike,? Padmé nodded. She stopped her pacing and turned to look out the window again. She faced the direction of the Jedi Temple, even though she couldn?t see it beyond the towering skyscrapers.

Victory Strike. The military?s secret plan to win the war in a single bold stroke. From numerous rendezvous points across the Republic small strike forces would make hyperspace jumps to the edge of enemy-held territory, then straight to Argis? capital planet of Vyhrrag ? uniting to form a massive invasion fleet. Although the tyrant?s brutal dictatorship had many advantages in efficiency over the Republic, it had one fatal weakness ? the concentration of all of the Vyhrragian?s top decision-makers and critical command-and-control infrastructure on a single world. By attacking and conquering the enemy capital, the Republic would decapitate the enemy regime and end the war.

If the plan worked, it would be a complete triumph. If the plan failed, the losses in personnel and warships would be devastating and the war effort would be set back months, if not ye

15. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    AHA! Get to work and find a post! What a way to start the week... :D

I have to say that I just love that all the handmaidens are there at Padmé's side through all this. Just like old times :)

Oh and I never liked Tarkin, still don't.

So the first two sections were interesting, lots of background and things we need to know but the last part was great.

Poor Mara. I can't even imagine being in that position day after day, but you did a great job of portraying how she felt.

She felt dirty. Filthy. Disgusting.

Dehumanized.

She wasn?t even a woman to them. She was a body. A vessel. An object of animal lust.

I just really iked that part because it was simple but effective.

And as the weeks had passed by they even had spent occasional nights together ? always at the Skywalker residence, never at the Temple...

...The one thing they had not done was discuss their bond. Their attachment. Their love.

:eek: Oh my! Ummm, kids. We need to have that talk and soon.

She smirked to herself. He wasn?t going to like the consequences if he didn?t. Would those consequences involve peeling ?[face_plain]

Great post as usual. Made my day. ;)

16. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Lex, great chapter. I loved the beginning with Padme and all her handmaidens there. This Victory Strike sounds intriguing...

?In the time it would take the Republic to amass an armada capable of smashing ours, your Master?s plan will have been executed. The Skywalkers will be dead, the Chancellor assassinated, the Senate in disarray, and the citizens of the Republic inflamed to uncontrollable panic. The Republic will be torn asunder by unrest and civil war, and all possibility of a unified attack against us will be gone.?

I actually got chills up my spine as I read that bit! What a scary prospect! We can only hope that you won't have this REALLY come to pass. ;)

I like the idea of Mara being at Jabba's palace in the same disguise as canon, only this time she's working WITH Luke and Leia! I love it! Wonderful description of her having made all the scum of Jabba's court afraid of her. :D

He would keep his word to her. She knew he would. He had to.

She smirked to herself. He wasn?t going to like the consequences if he didn?t.

Course, it sounds like Luke should be afraid of her, too! ;) I sure hope they do have that talk and SOON!!!

Can't wait for more....

:) :) :)

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    The black hair that hung just past her shoulders flew out around her head as she spun, mirroring the diaphanous fabric of her scarf and skirt.

Whoa! For a moment there I thought Arica was Leia and not Mara. Now that would have been an interesting twist. ;)

EDIT: Spelling goof. [face_blush]

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Very intriguing -- the good guys and the bad guys are both planning huge strikes against the other's capitals.

Yes, Luke and Mara definitely are overdue for a long talk. I'm anxious to see how Han's rescue plays out with Mara on the other side of the equation.

19. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Nice post. Jabba's palace was one of my favourite segments of the OT. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out here.

Victory Strike? Interesting.. :D

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That strike sounds ominious, especially since both sides have one planned. It's nice that Padme has her old friends helping.

As the others said, Luke and Mara really need to talk.

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *sighs* Now I remember the benefits of a marathon read. No waiting to see what happens. :p

Love seeing all the handmaidens together again! :D Although it doesn't sound especially good that Regelous is thinking of victory as a few days away at the same time that Padmé is choosing to withhold Victory Strike as a last resort. :eek: And Tarkin's almost as creepy as a Sith himself. :mad:

Great description of Mara's experience as Arica! :D Good for her, to have broken that creep's arm. :mad: Her emotions are also perfectly understandable and well written. :)

Mara needed this mission to be over, and she needed it to be over now. Because when it was, she and Luke were going to talk. Really talk. He would keep his word to her. She knew he would. He had to.

She smirked to herself. He wasn?t going to like the consequences if he didn?t.

That's my Mara. :D Hopefully Luke will be sensible on this issue. Hopefully. :p

22. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Poor Mara, having to smell that thing called Jabba the Hutt.

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Whoa there, slow down a bit *huffs and puffs as she runs and reads.* i'm only halfway through reading HAD.

Explanation: well i didn't really like ABR so i stopped reading but after a few tries i finally actually read ADR. Now i find i like it and am struggling to catch up. so here are a few of my comments so far.

That girl in HAD that Anakin rescued on Naboo, who is she related to?

It was so obvious that Sarre was pregnant.

I liked the part about the Skywalkers wishing for a child then getting it. :p :D i loved that explanation.

Anyway your writing is challenging me in my writing. *sighs.* i have such a way to go. :( On a happier note reading your stories, excluding ABR, is helping me out of my writers block. :) many thanks. ;)

Bryon Skywalker is so............WOW! *drools* His name totally matches his personality and build.

Review TBC...........

24. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Mara's scaring me.

She reminds me too much of canon Ani. The BADNESS of this feeling is all-pervasive.

Hmm. I get the feeling that the Victory Strike will work in the end... if they implement it in time. Argis seems to have his own plans, and to be carried out sooner than the Army's and the Senate's.

25. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hm! Republic?s deliberations, plans and questions of procedure. [Face thinking!]

Procedure is very important, sometimes more important from the ideas themselves in achieving your view to be voted, as I remember from my student years. And even when I use them and accepted their necessity, something inside me didn?t feel comfortable. Helplessly romantic I am, ?pink? as my husband says often. But is really not right to use them when the opponents probably use them?

And even if I don?t doubt Padmé and co?s morality where is the moral line stands in it? How far can you push it? And when it becomes immoral? And with what institutions can a society be guarded in a better way by the immorality that certain members of it would have? Something that all my fellow-countrymen, me included, know well is that you can?t leave things like that to the good will of people, people act out of interest, sometimes and more of the time out of personal interest. So...

Ok, I think I push it too far, but we?ll have elections in two weeks and the most interesting elections in the last 30 years with a lot of talking and new ideas and strange things happenning. By the way what's "debate" (Is it spelled correct?) means exactly and where the word comes from? ?[face_plain]

To the post again:

?And now it is too late,? Regelous smiled, his eyes never leaving the view outside.

?Indeed it is,? Tarkin nodded. ?In the time it would take the Republic to amass an armada capable of smashing ours, your Master?s plan will have been executed. The Skywalkers will be dead, the Chancellor assassinated, the Senate in disarray, and the citizens of the Republic inflamed to uncontrollable panic. The Republic will be torn asunder by unrest and civil war, and all possibility of a unified attack against us will be gone.?
    :eek:
    I have a very, very bad feeling about this! :( And I am remembering that comment of yours about a Skywalker dying in ROTJ... :_| :mad:

I liked Mara?s thoughts and feelings. Very good description of how she ?and every woman there- would feel. Very good point, have her in Jabba?s palace but with the gang not against them, not planning to kill Luke.
    Or you?ll have her wanting to kill Luke later? :eek:
    She smirked to herself. He wasn?t going to like the consequences if he didn?t. :eek:

Leeeeex!!! :eek: Should I plan a trip to USA? :mad: :p

Can?t wait for Thursday... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.