main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    These last 2 posts were great.....

For chapter 1 part 1

retired royal handmaidens turned Chancellor?s advisors ? was about as frequent as snow on Tatooine.
    LOL!!! The handmaidens really rock :)

Victory Strike...If the plan worked, it would be a complete triumph. If the plan failed, the losses in personnel and warships would be devastating and the war effort would be set back months, if not years.
    Cool name...I quite like it.....and if they use it, I really really hope it works because I think failure is not an option..the galaxy would be really royally screwed...although I don't think it would be easy...the Sith will not be beaten easily..it's gonna be nasty!!!

?When Lord Sidious died, I thought this day was lost forever,? Tarkin admitted wistfully. ?To have lived to see it come to pass ? that has made each day of my imprisonment worthwhile. And for this, I will always be indebted to you and your Master.?

?A debt you will have paid in full when we stand together on Coruscant,? Regelous grinned wickedly. ?Not long now, my friend. Not long at all.? [i/]
    pff...hopefully NOT...i hate Tarkin....I hope he dies...

Bracing her back into the corner so her eyes could monitor the entire gloomy, deadly room, Mara Jade crossed her arms over her chest and took a deep breath. She couldn?t take this much longer.

She felt dirty. Filthy. Disgusting.

Dehumanized.

Poor Mara.....I may not like her....but dancing in Jabba's palace, ugh..the thought of it makes me wanna hurl....

She smirked to herself. He wasn?t going to like the consequences if he didn?t.
    See? Now that is just WRONG....that girl needs to get a grip on herself...makes me think of those people who are obssessively emotionally attached and only ends up in disaster..ugh...

Great post though! :D :D

For chapter 1 part 2

In the brightly lit center of the crowded room the young female Twi?lek named Oola was performing a vigorous, athletic dance for the Hutt and the dozens of assembled gangsters, mercenaries, and thugs.
    Oh no! I know what's gonna happen....I really hated that scene in RotJ....poor Twi'lek....

What Mara did know for certain was that the last time she had been on Tatooine she and Luke had disobeyed their orders from their Masters ? and their friends Ralli and Gars had died because of it. Mara was not about to make the same mistake again, especially not on Tatooine.
    That's exactly what i was thinking.....if she intervened, she wouldn't have learned from the mistake she and Luke made.....at least she's being smart about this...

She had forgiven him for his failure.

And yet their bond, which once had been the good and true foundation of her own emotional peace as a Jedi, had never fully recovered from that fateful day. Confidence and trust and forgiveness were not enough to heal the wound that still bled inside her soul.

And that is what's gonna lead Mara to the Dark Side methinks...there is too much fear and anger in her...too much....

And there was something more. Troubling. Elusive. Dangerous. The power of the dark side.

The Sith.

Danaé?s eyes popped open. A Sith Lord had been here. Today. At the end, overseeing the departure. So this wasn?t merely a Vyhrragian weapons program. It was being run by the Sith. That made everything more dangerous. Much more dangerous.

Oh not good...Danae had evolved into this great character for me....I really really like her now! :)

Danaé picked up her datapad and read the results ? and her heart skipped a beat.

?Oh,? she whispered. ?Not good.?

Argh!!!!!!!!! What is it??? what is it???? what is it??????????????????????????????????????

Awesome writing Lexy...as always! :)

~~Solo

2. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Aak! I seem to have reverted back to lurker status. Sorry, Lex. The beginning of POF is very good. Very, very good. Everything you've written about Mara and her feelings has been powerful and thought-provoking, and Danaé's mission has me dying of suspense. I can't wait for more.

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    What goes around, comes around--Mara finally understands a modicum of what was happening to Anakin. [face_mischief]

4. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    That was sad, very sad, Lexie! :( And chilling! Poor Oola! :_| Poor Mara! :_| You have to have that scene in your story too. And the way you describe the whole thing threw Mara?s feeling and thouhts was magnificent.

Mara hated Jabba.

And someday soon, when the time was right, he would die because of it.

Why have I the feeling that there will be another lady than Leia ?or two ladies, perhaps- at the end of that chain that was pulled around Jabba?s throat? ;)

And the whole Danaé?s scene... Well, you have frighten me enough Lexie, can?t we have more clues?

5. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Nice chapter! I like how everything's building up.

Mara hated Jabba.
    And someday soon, when the time was right, he would die because of it.
    :eek: [face_devil]

Mara closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew the answers to her silent questions, as much as she didn?t want to accept them. Hmmm..I can relate. Very nice exploration of the moral issues here..also bringing so much more to Mara's character. She feels alone, and so she doesn't care that as a Jedi she's slowly but surely venturing into forbidden territory.
    This is all Luke's fault :p

Love the sorta detective thing Danae has going on. :)

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Oh, poor Oola. :( You've given that scene vastly more depth than it had in RotJ. It makes me ill to think of what Oola must have been feeling and what she probably suffered in Jabba's palace. And logical or not, I suspect that witnessing the whole thing and being unable to intervene is going to have a long lasting effect on Mara.

Since Gimna 3 she constantly had felt a profound and incurable loneliness about her place in the universe. She was alone and always would be.

There was no one in the galaxy she could believe in unconditionally. Not a single soul.

It's terrible enough to feel that, right there. But then to go to:

After all the torment and suffering she had inflicted on her Master for his failure, and even remembering all the other terrible consequences of his dreadful feelings on Gimna 3, now she had learned that she wasn?t strong enough to drive away her dark emotions either. She was weak. She was a hypocrite. She was a failure ? the same as her Master.

Now she doesn't even believe she has herself. Besides being horribly painful, that's so dangerous - especially for a Jedi. Her thoughts that she wasn't strong enough remind me very much of Anakin's similar comment at Shmi's funeral. Not that Jabba doesn't deserve to be hated unreservedly, mind, but Mara's on such a dangerous edge right now.

Even though we only saw Danaé for a brief time in this post, she seems calmer and more confident. That's good - but what did she find that was so troubling? :eek: I hate waiting. :p

7. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Mara's situation reminds me of the show Wiseguy, about a cop who goes deep undercover to bust up the mob while trying not to become like the people he was trying to bring to justice. Mara goes into the shadow world and is struggling not to become like the beings around her.

--MissPadme

8. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Wow, I really seem to have instigated some negative feelings among my readers... Woohoo!

Uh-huh. Well Luke is being an idiot. I mean his why is perfectly clear and understandable. What's wrong is it's been a while and he's still clinging to the the same thing. As far as I can tell anyway. We've yet to get anything solid. When are we going to get some more on Luke?

Oh Mara, you really are a mess right now, aren't you? She's still not over that whole "my master went to the dark side thing" and then she has to go through the thing with Oola. Which was really horrible, by the way. Nicely done. Beautifull done, but really horrible.

I liked Mara thinking about the bounds of a jedi and what is acceptable and what is not, and why. It must be so hard to have to sit back and watch an injustice, knowing that you have to in order to prevent a bigger injustice. Ouch.

Truly, completely, and unreservedly hated him.

That's not good. Not good at all. Mara's got to realise that her hatred of Jabba, extends partially from her inability to help Oola. Maybe that would help.

She was a failure ? the same as her Master.

But she won't be able to deal with it fully until she resolves that. As long as she sees Anakin as a failure she's probably going to see herself as one. To her mind he hasn't achieved redemption, and so neither can she.

Uh-oh, what's Danaé found?

Phew, that was a lot!

9. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Sorry I'm so slow...I've been out of town all week.
    I'm short on time right now, so I'll have to quick.

Great posts! Poor Mara! :_|
    Oola will never make out of Jabba's palace...she's always the example of how terrible he is. :_|

Luke! :mad: You're still getting together with Mara even though you won't commit to anything!?! How jerky can you get? Stop stringing the poor girl along and admit you love her!!!!!!! Aaaagggghhhhh!

Danae to the rescue! :D

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    LovelyLea: when are we going to hear more about Leia? Soon. ;)
    geo3: What does that portend for the rest of the tale? More wrenching, less cheerfully. :p Selective doing of good, based on the idea that one?s own choices about where it is best applied are the right ones, has always seemed to me to be the real height of arrogance. But what is the alternative? First, if not one?s own choices, then whose? The will of the Force, perhaps, if we look at that as equivalent to a deity?s will in a monotheistic faith. But the Jedi as portrayed in the films and EU are taught to ?trust their instincts? and judgment ? guided by the Force, I suppose, but really it?s their own conscience, not supernatural guidance (and the problem with Anakin in canon is that his conscience fails him?). Second, if not selective doing of good, then what? Universal doing of good? I?d be much more afraid of a person with great power who feels it is his duty to right all wrongs ? to me that is the height of tyranny, not the exercise of imperfect judgment about how best to use one?s power. I guess it?s a question of whether you?re more concerned with false negatives (wrongs left unrighted) or false positives (non-wrongs improperly ?righted?). Many political theorists, including the U.S. Founding Fathers, for example, argue that it?s better the government be too weak than too powerful. I take the same view of the Jedi ? a mandate to right all wrongs, a perpetual crusade to rid the galaxy of all evil and injustice, would swiftly lead to the dark side by placing the Jedi in a position of domination, egoism, and supremacy. How different would that mandate be, after all, from Vader?s mandate to suppress all dissent to the Empire? I would argue they are chillingly parallel? [face_plain]
    kayladie97: I'm glad that she has forgiven Anakin, but this sense of aloneness that she feels... See? I?m not being completely evil to Mara. :) And where the heck is Luke?! Umm? You?ll hear more about Luke soon? You won?t see him for a while? Think ROTJ.
    Anakinisthechosenone: And what was on Danae's datapad? You?ll find out? But not for a long time. [face_devil]
    Shinar: A shiver? Excellent. [face_mischief]
    TKL: How can you ever prepare for something like that? I don?t think you can, really? The key is to be strong enough to do your duty in the face of strong temptation. Anakin and Padmé should have stayed on Tatooine (if not Naboo!) in AOTC, for example? :( Very clever you little evil author you I?m glad you noticed. ;) And yes, it does show Mara has learned from her mistakes, and is a better Jedi than she was in HAD. No one, not even Anakin, is a perfect Jedi, though? Okay so I must say the whole scene up to the point where Oola died was brilliant. Thanks. I felt it was important for a lot of reasons, not only to show how dangerous Jabba is but also for Mara?s state of mind. Did you say Bryon? Yes. Next post.
    RebelMom: Mara thinks she's got no one, but she really does, even if she doesn't believe it. So sad. The loss of that unconditional belief in her Master was a devastating thing? She knows she still has friends who care about her; the problem is now she thinks she can?t believe that they won?t betray her too. :_| I know how evil authors are. And you?re absolutely right.
    PhoenixMage: She seems to have picked all the wrong emotions before, and now it's led her somewhere that she can't turn back from. Only two posts and you?ve already given up on Mara? :p What's not good? Many things? Or just one big thing? One big thing. [face_devil]
    Jedi-2B: I noticed that during all of her ponderings of how alone she felt, never once did Luke enter her thoughts. I was wondering if anyone would comment on that? At least last post she was missing him. [face_love] And more to come on that too.
    Bulldog: If it had been me, I don't know if I could have stood there and 'watch' that. That?s why it made such a great test of her wil

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I finally found the time to read this and I'm glad I did! :D Awesome start! :D Poor Mara! :( Her feelings are so powerful and she has nobody to turn to... I can see why she fights Luke. [face_plain] What did Danae find that's not good???!!! Tell me!!! :p Can't wait for more! :D

12. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    What a post! [face_shocked] The gruesome torture/death scene and Mara's raw emotions literally rubbed my skin raw! [face_shocked]

Kudos for the way your characters keep evolving throughout the story. In ADR, Mara was brash and businesslike, in HAD, she was emotional and impulsive, and now, we see the matured (almost!) Knight in this chapter. Empathy makes it impossible for her to be disconnected from the horrors in Jabba's Palace, but a hard lesson is difficult to forget. At the same time, she's still very Mara and I ditto whoever said Mara will be the one to pull that chain around Jabba's neck. The only thing I can say abt that is: 'Poor Oola. I wish I was there so I could strangle him for you.' [face_devil]

And least, I forget, my baby girl Danae is all grown up and barging into abandoned Vyhrragian safehouses! :) :) I really admire the way you ... crafted ... that scene. The union of technical and the metaphysical methods in Jedi espionage/investigation was harmonious and brilliant

e.g.With the physical aspects of the room itself resolved or being handled by her equipment, Danaé switched to her other option. A Jedi?s biggest advantage as an investigator. She surged her awareness further into the Force, seeking out the lingering manifestations in the ether of the room?s previous occupants. .

And the bar has been raised yet again! [face_laugh]

13. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    There was some excellent character development in this scene! Mara?s empathy for Oola, her frustration at not being able to intervene, were very realistic.

To assume the role of self-declared guardians of justice in all times and places was to put on the mantle of arrogance and pride that inevitably would lead down the dark path of domination and supremacy.

Well, at least she?s got that in perspective! I liked how she thought back to Qui-Gon?s actions on Tatooine to rationalize not interfering.

There was no one in the galaxy she could believe in unconditionally. Not a single soul.

Oh, poor Mara. I think she?s wrong, but there isn?t much a person can do to change the way they feel. At least she?s had a glimpse into Anakin?s own dark reactions by virtue of her own. Empathy is a good sign, but the hate, well?

Yay, we?re back with Danaé! She seems so mature and centered, pausing to meditate when she could do nothing else. How very Qui-Gon-ish (nice to see his influence so strongly felt). :D

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Wonderful as always! :)

I have someone here who was wondering if you read Eddings. Saw Danae's name and got curious.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

15. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I have someone here who was wondering if you read Eddings.

Which series? You've got a big fan of the Belgariad and the Mallorean here :D

16. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    And as the weeks had passed by they even had spent occasional nights together ? always at the Skywalker residence, never at the Temple. As far as the Jedi Order was concerned, they were close friends and nothing more.
    They're... living a lie! How could they live like that? It will destroy them. :p Stupid Luke.

Instead she felt them all ? and the terrible, awful, soul-rending shriek in the Force that followed.

And then she felt Oola?s presence in the Force wink out of existence.

That was just horrible. :( I can certainly sympathize with Mara and even share her desire to end Jabba's existence.

After all the torment and suffering she had inflicted on her Master for his failure, and even remembering all the other terrible consequences of his dreadful feelings on Gimna 3, now she had learned that she wasn?t strong enough to drive away her dark emotions either. She was weak. She was a hypocrite. She was a failure ? the same as her Master.
    This is not good. I think that there's a lot of guilt associated with all this self-doubt. Poor Mara. Once again, stupid Luke... he's not helping.

Danaé picked up her datapad and read the results ? and her heart skipped a beat.

Arrrgh! Of course you would have to end it there. :p

Very enjoyable posts, as usual.

Bryon on Monday. Wohoo! :D

17. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, I see that I have fallen behind....

I find Mara a fascinating study in what's wrong with the Jedi...She needs to learn that those "dark" feelings are normal, natural, and may even be right on some levels. The total supression of these feelings would lead to a lack of connection with teh world on an emotional and moral level. One needs to learn to master them, though or they will master you.

As for your defense of Jedi on-involvement in anything that they don't want to be involved in, I won't join battle quite yet...

However, I would note that yes, the founders did create a system of limited powers and of checks/balances in the Constitution, a document once called a receipe for doing nothing quickly.

It has one flaw...It cannot deal meaningfully with transcedent moral issues (Slavery, Imperialism, Prohibitionism, Abortion) without the system nearly ripping itself apart. The Jedi are the same way in some respects. They work well in the world of good and bad and poorly in the world of Good and Evil. It's a by product of the philosophy, I think.

18. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    J&J: Her feelings are so powerful and she has nobody to turn to... I can see why she fights Luke. :eek: And it?s only chapter 1! Tell me!!! No. :p
    leia_naberrie: Kudos for the way your characters keep evolving throughout the story. Thanks. I hope I?m doing it in a gradual and believable way. ;) At the same time, she's still very Mara I hope so! She?s an interesting character to write for sure? The union of technical and the metaphysical methods in Jedi espionage/investigation was harmonious and brilliant [face_blush] Wow. Thanks. I guess it seemed like a natural strategy for a Jedi to use.
    Reihla: I liked how she thought back to Qui-Gon?s actions on Tatooine to rationalize not interfering. I?ve always thought GL wrote that scene (?I didn?t come here to free slaves.?) the way he did to emphasize how limited the Jedi Order?s mandate was in the Old Republic, although with others throughout TPM emphasizing that the Jedi serve the Senate (e.g., ?We?re here to protect you; we can?t fight a war for you.?). Luke fighting in the Rebellion is a completely different experience, really; there was no equivalent to the galactic evil of the Empire back then, after all? And the same principles apply in my AU. Empathy is a good sign, but the hate, well? Yeah. Not good. :( How very Qui-Gon-ish (nice to see his influence so strongly felt). Yes, Danaé is definitely a living Force guru like Qui-Gon. I do think his influence on Anakin would?ve been far different from Obi-Wan?s (even if it might not have prevented Anakin?s fall), so I thought it would make sense to have one Skywalker be that kind of Jedi. :)
    Darth_Leia: Thanks! :D I read Eddings a long time ago; so if there?s a Danaé character in his books I?ve long since forgotten? I picked the name because I liked the Naboo sounding quality of it. ;)
    Shinar: I think it was the Belgariad I read? I think. :p
    Red: They're... living a lie! How could they live like that? It will destroy them. Actually? That parallel was quite intentional. [face_devil] Except this time both parties are Jedi? [face_mischief] I think that there's a lot of guilt associated with all this self-doubt. Interesting to think about? Does Mara blame herself for Anakin?s weakness? Once again, stupid Luke... he's not helping. No, he really isn?t. :mad: Bryon on Monday. Wohoo! You?re welcome. ;)
    GunraysLawyer: One needs to learn to master them, though or they will master you. I didn?t mean to suggest that Mara is disappointed with herself for feeling angry about either being unable to intervene or for Oola?s senseless death. Rather, the problem is that she know she?s losing control of her feelings ? as you said, she?d not mastering them, which she?s expected to as a Jedi Knight of course. She can despite Jabba ? the problem is that now she wishes him dead? a document once called a recipe for doing nothing quickly. Yeah, that hasn?t worked out too well for us lately, has it? :p It cannot deal meaningfully with transcendent moral issues Unless there is a broad national consensus, like the adoption and repeal of Prohibition. But as you?ve noted, many important moral issues lack consensus, and then the federal government is paralyzed ? in theory. (As Homer Simpson says: ?In theory. Communism works ? in theory.? :D ) Anyway, enough constitutional law or we?ll bore everyone else to tears. :p The Jedi are different in one key respect from the political model, though, which makes the analogy only a rough one ? a definitive moral decision could be made, either by the Council or by an individual Jedi. So the point I was raising with geo was that if those decisions are to be made, they should be made by the Senate or the Jedi Council ? not an individual Jedi in the field who decides to go on a personal crusade to rectify injustice (Qui-Gon in TPM, Anakin in AOTC, Mara here in POF, etc.). That prospect scares me?

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone! :D See you in the

19. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    *delurks*

Well, it's Monday!
    And I'm still waiting... :p

*relurks*

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    jedi-lelila: Your wait is over. ;)

Here?s the next post. :D

CHAPTER ONE (Part 3 of 3)

Colonel Bryon Skywalker stood in the rear of the cockpit of the Republic Army gunship, his feet planted wide and his hand clenched firmly around the handgrip above his head. Out the front viewport he watched the craft slicing through the dense fog settled over the white-capped waves of the ocean and saw that the thick layers of polluted clouds had painted the morning sky a dull gray hue. The industrial planet Xixus would not win any awards for natural beauty or tourist interest. But within two hours the world would be in the Republic?s hands again, and he would be its conqueror. It would be the fourth system in as many weeks retaken from the enemy under his leadership, no doubt placing him at the top of the Vyhrragian?s list of most hated ? and most feared ? Republic commanders.

The triple-encrypted communications line on the pilot?s console beeped.

Bryon smiled. ?Let?s hear it, Sergeant.?

?Yes, sir,? the young man said, reaching his left hand over to tap the button.

?Aurora Command, this is Aurora One. Do you copy??

?Copy, Major,? Bryon replied, doing his best to hold himself still so his obsidian-black Special Forces battle armored would stop rattling.

?We?re in position, Colonel,? the woman?s voice said. ?On your mark.?

?Very good, Major.? Bryon glanced down at the pilot, who already had raised his left hand in the air with two fingers held up. Only a few heartbeats later he snapped his wrist forward, then lowered his hand to the gunship?s control stick again. Bryon nodded to himself. ?On my mark, Major.?

?Copy, Command.?

Bryon scanned the console until his eyes found the indicator lights he wanted ? still blinking red. ?Ready, Major. Three? Two? One? Mark!?

The comlink feed clicked off on his signal, and Bryon kept his eyes focused on the lights. They blinked red once ? twice ? three times more, then flashed to a steady green. A second later the comlink clicked open again.

?All detonations activated properly, Colonel,? came the voice of Major Starblaze.

?Roger, Aurora One,? Bryon said calmly. ?The city?s shields are down.?

?Copy, Command,? she replied with a hint of triumph in her voice. ?Your orders, sir??

?Aurora One, mission Bantha-Wampa-Mynock is a go. You?re on the decapitation strike, as promised.?

?Copy, Command. Bantha-Wampa-Mynock. We?re on our way.?

?Very good, Major,? Bryon grinned. ?See you shortly at the target zone.?

?Roger, Colonel,? she said. ?Thank you, sir.?

?You?re welcome, Major. But you should know by now I always keep my word.?

?Of course, sir. It?s appreciated nonetheless.?

?Understood, Major,? he nodded to no one in particular. The comlink clicked off momentarily before activating again.

?Aurora Command, this is Renegade Leader,? the deep, expressionless male voice said. ?Our scanners read green clear to the objectives. What is your pleasure??

Bryon suppressed his chuckle at the formal query from Captain Fel. The Corellian ace really needed to lighten up a little. Then again, the seriousness with which he treated every engagement no doubt explained his squadron?s unparalleled precision. ?Green confirmed, Renegade Leader. Proceed at will.?

?Roger, Aurora Command. We?re going in.?

?Copy, Renegade Leader. Clear skies.?

A quick double-click of the comlink preceded the feed?s termination. Bryon glanced down at his gunship?s pilot again. ?How long until we reach the target zone, Sergeant??

?Twelve minutes, Colonel,? the young man said without shifting his gaze from the viewport ahead.

?Get us there in ten, Sergeant.?

?Of course, sir.? The pilot?s left hand adjusted a few settings on the console, and the gunship rocked subtly as its speed increased. ?May I ask why, sir??

?You may,? Bryon replied. ?Hazard a guess first, though, Sergeant.?

?Yes, sir,? the young man said. ?Because you?d like to observe the

21. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    An interesting issue GunraysLawyer and you brought up, here.

It has one flaw...It cannot deal meaningfully with transcedent moral issues (Slavery, Imperialism, Prohibitionism, Abortion) without the system nearly ripping itself apart. The Jedi are the same way in some respects. They work well in the world of good and bad and poorly in the world of Good and Evil. It's a by product of the philosophy, I think.

It's more a product of politics and the philosophy that accompanies it, I think. If we want to be practical moral does not makes societies to change, only disfunctionability. It's sad, but it's true. As long as slavery worked the issue didn't arise. Only after the whole thing appeared not working societies begun to change it with strong opposition from those who found it still profitable. Remember your civil war.

The Greeks believed from ancient times that the man is not a good creature who will act for the common welfare most that his own personal interest. That's why they tried to have laws that left to people the less possibilities to act like that. i.e. In the ancient Athenian democracy they had enacted that the higher the rank was the less time it lasted. The term of the president of the chairmen of the Supreme Court -something like the US president, in many ways if you consider that Athens was like the USA in that time ;) -lasted 24 hours. I don't think that is necessary to explain the reason for this. Clever lawers you are. :D Both!

Unless there is a broad national consensus,
    I second that! In every social matter this is necessary. Something that certain revolutionists at the beginning of the 20th century have forgotten.

?In theory. Communism works ? in theory.?
    Well, one of the important things Marx brought, was the connection between theory and action. Of course it's followers convenietly forget it, when it was needed. So, according that, since communism didn't worked in action -proved!- it doesn't work even in theory.

The Jedi are different in one key respect from the political model, though, which makes the analogy only a rough one ? a definitive moral decision could be made, either by the Council or by an individual Jedi. So the point I was raising with geo was that if those decisions are to be made, they should be made by the Senate or the Jedi Council ? not an individual Jedi in the field who decides to go on a personal crusade to rectify injustice (Qui-Gon in TPM, Anakin in AOTC, Mara here in POF, etc.). That prospect scares me?
    I must admit that I am not sure what scares you? The fact that the decions must made only by the JC or the Senate, or that certain individuals go on a personal crusade? Please, explain. Because I think that things are not that simple.

Now, I am going to read the new post and reply to it. As you see, I didn't even read the post... :eek:
    But you have been warned. You can't talk things like that so easily, when a Greek is ...lurking behind the corner. :cool:

:p [face_laugh]

Edit:First reply! Yes! :)

And now to the post

?Aurora One, mission Bantha-Wampa-Mynock is a go. ?Aurora One, mission Bantha-Wampa-Mynock is a go. [face_laugh]
    mission Bantha-Wampa-Mynock [face_laugh]

It would be the fourth system in as many weeks retaken from the enemy under his leadership, no doubt placing him at the top of the Vyhrragian?s list of most hated ? and most feared ? Republic commanders.

I have a bad feeling about this! :( Don?t you think you have torture poor Bryon enough, my friend? Probably not, you are evil, Lexie! Pure evil! :mad:

Artoo razzed a dissatisfied rejoinder. ?What do you mean, then they should have taken us along? You?re not a hero, Artoo. You?re a mechanic.?
    . . . .
    Artoo honked and razzed some more. ?I am not a coward!? Threepio insisted less than convincingly.
    . . . .
    ?What are you trying to determine??

Artoo whistled in amusement. ?How to shut down protocol droids? Why, I never!?
    [face_laugh]
    That was priceless, Lexie! They are perfect together, as alwa

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The droids were great. Of course, Artoo is a hero! The Skywalkers would be dead without him.

Poor Mara - she's being drug through the emotional wringer here. Good job with that.

23. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    R2 & Threepio [face_laugh]

Mara :_|

Lando :D
    I love that he gets to be so much softer in this story. Not so quick to try and play it cool and aloof.

Yipee! The plan starts "tommorrow" ! :D

24. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    *Sighs* You're right--- I shouldn't give up on Mara so early. Talking with Lando seems to have done her some good.

Operation Banth-Wampa-Mynock? Woah. What's that about?

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: And it?s only chapter 1!
    What can I say, I'm good. :p

Wonderful post! :D Commanding Bryon is yummy. [face_mischief] :p He is just like his father, yet at the same time he's just like his mother. Amazing man. [face_love] *is done drooling over Bryon :p * Theepio and Artoo always give me a good laugh! [face_laugh] Threepio is a little slow on the uptake. :p I bet if the driods knew what they did last time (in ROTJ) then they'd be happy they were left out of the 'fight'. ;) Poor Mara! :( She's in no condition to help! [face_plain] Although, it is "tomorrow" that it's happening so maybe she'll get better overnight. *crosses her fingers* We don't want any mess-ups when it comes to Han. [face_mischief]

One of the Skywalker twins arrives at Jabba?s Palace?
    Hmm... that'd be Leia... ;)

And Danaé on the hunt?
    Yeay! :D I really love the new and improved, confident Danae that has arisen. :)

*is awaiting the next post with baited breath*

*realizes that waiting for days would be stupid and would hurt her eyes*

*begrudgingly leaves*

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.