main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Bryon had thought fighting in the war was exhausting. It turned out that being the father of a Force-sensitive infant was far more tiring. Not even close, in fact.

LOL! I believe it completely. :p

?How long will it take? To defeat them, or compel the rest to surrender.?

?I don?t know.?

She swatted him on his abdomen. ?Take a guess, idiot.?

[face_laugh] I like Sarré. :D The whole conversation is great. :) And I love Nyklas tickling with the Force! [face_love] Raising that kid is going to be exhausting, isn't it? :p

Tonight Padmé stood on the balcony alone. Tonight, and every night for the rest of her life.

:_| :_| :_|

?When I finish my service as Chancellor, I?m going to return home.?

?To Naboo??

?Yes.?

:eek: I didn't see that one coming, I admit. But it's very fitting. :)

Padmé laughed. ?Leia will need a place of her own for her family. She?d never be satisfied with this one. It?s too much mine, and your father?s. She has too many? idiosyncrasies to ever be content with it.?

*giggles* This part reminds me very much of my own sister. Fortunately, she doesn't come to the JC much and won't see this comment of mine. O:)

The ending is just right, exactly as it should be. :) I still have a hard time believing this story is, in essence, over. *sighs* Well, I'm definitely looking forward to the epilogue and missing scenes. :D Wonderful job, Lex! =D=

2. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    It's the end? *Pouts* I want it to go on forever!

The last scene with Ani and Padme was very sweet. I hope it made Padme feel a little better about things.

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Glad I decided to check if you'd updated, since someone didn't change the title bar. :p

Wonderful finale! I can understand Padme wanting to go back to Naboo. Just too many memories on Coruscant, and Naboo will always be home for her. Nice little scene with Bryon and Sarre, too. Nyklas is quite the imp, isn't he? And Bryon is military through and through.

Looking forward to the epilogue! Hope DRL smooths out for you soon.

4. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    The end? :eek: No! Anyhow this chapter was lovely. Can't wait for the epilouge.

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    It's over? :( I love this story. But there's a epilogue :) Goodie.

Beautiful final sceen, both parts. I love that the baby tickled them two and they didn't realize it at first.

And Padme and Danae and then Padme and Anakin, so sweet. *wipes tears from her eyes*

I can't wait for the epilogue.

6. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    One little word:

Wow!

I am completely speechless.

What a great ending to a great story. You really did get around to give us this sense of closure, this bittersweet feeling we all get when we must deal with the loss of a loved one. Everything was in character, and simple, just so.

And the final good-bye between Ani and his Angel was beautiful. I can't imagine another way to end this story. Quite simply put, it was wonderful.

Like the Skywalkers letting go of Anakin, I can let go this story without regret, for you have more than surpassed any hopes I had when I first began to read "A Bumpier Road". You have completed the hat trick, Darth, and then some. The epilogue and missing scenes will be a nice extra for me. Just a little bit more to make our readers' pleasure last longer.

My congratulations, Lex.

The Force will be with you... Always.

Lauré ;)

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have this nagging feeling that the Epilogue will be about Padme's death. Ani coming to get her and all that...

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I still don't think I've forgiven you for killing my Anakin. But the story was so well written and compelling that I had to keep reading. Damn!

Padmé stood on the small balcony above their bedroom in the Skywalker residence. Their bedroom ? hers and Anakin?s. The balcony where they had stood together, gazing off into the wondrous cityscape of Coruscant, for countless nights of their marriage. Where he always had stood with his arms around her and his chin atop her head as he embraced her from behind. The balcony where he had made her smile and laugh, where he had soothed her pain and calmed her anger, where he had supported her in a million amazing ways.

Tonight Padmé stood on the balcony alone. Tonight, and every night for the rest of her life.

Anakin was gone.

No, no, no! He's not gone. He's on that island with all of the "missing" characters I love from any movie I've ever seen. So there!

Another masterful work! But you killed Ani! :_|

8. Adm_skyhooper

Adm_skyhooper Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    Anikin's sounding a lot like Aragorn right now
    let me guess in 7 yers the acadamy with be a smoking crater...
    just kidding!
    or maybe [face_thinking]

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You snuck the ending in on me. It was a good one too. sorry it is over.

=D= @};-

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Once again, you have redeuced this non-crying person to tears. :_| What a fitting ending with Padme going home to Naboo, and Anakin returning one last time for his angel. This was one terrific series, and I'm glad to have been along for most of the ride. Looking forward to the epilogue, and to see what you have for us next!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

11. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm with you on this one Darth_Leia_6669. It takes great skill to bring me to tears while readng a story. :_|

12. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Bryon and Sarré are going to have their hands full!

Nice scene with Danaé and Padmé. It makes sense she would want to live out her life on Naboo now that Anakin is gone. Naboo is all she has left to her that's familiar, while her children are grown with their own lives. Yeah I also have a feeling what will happen in the epilogue.

--MissPadme

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Lex, it's been a wonderful story! =D= I love the way you wrapped everything together. It just goes to show that you can lose a favorite character, but it can still have meaning and feel right....something the NJO writers & editors could learn a thing or two about!
    I thought the Zahn line was great! After all he is responsible for Mara.
    [face_drool] Han in dress whites! [face_love]
    Bryon/Sarre/Nyklaus are in for quiet a ride! [face_laugh]
    Overall, I'll say again...humour, action, romance, creepy villians, redemption, and heroic sacrafices...how Star Wars is that?!?! :cool: Bravo!=D= [face_love] @};-

14. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Sorry I haven't been posting lately but I did want to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. Wonderful Job!
    Looking forward to the epilogue.
    Kab

15. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Darth Lex-

All I can say is, thanks for these incredible stories. I can't believe it's the end already. :_|

16. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    LP: what a tremendous tour de Force that trilogy was! I'm so deeply impressed by your ability to weave such an intricate and interesting and intelligent story! Wow, thanks. [face_blush] I?m humbled. well, until you've had to deal with even a non-Force sensitive one, I wouldn't suggest laughing too hard Touché. :p And...why does Leia have too many hangups to be contented with A/P's apartment on Coruscant? Hee hee! I dunno? I guess I just see her that way. She?d be knocking down walls? Redecorating? Easier just to get her own place. Would you be evil enough to take us all off guard and off another character? Maybe Vengous returns from the dead and kills them all! [face_devil] Okay, not really. I know DRL's got you busy these days, but you're going to keep on writing more after this, aren't you? Yes, there will be more. I?ll post more about that in the next few weeks.
    Reihla: I loved the balcony scene, both Danae's part and Anakin's. So sweet! Thanks. It took a lot of thinking to get the final scene with Padmé right. I?m glad you liked it. :)
    GunraysLawyer: Tone perfect, just tone perfect.... Thanks, my friend. It means a lot to know you think so. ;)
    TKL: I better change it up then, Mr-Evil-Author-Man-who-kills-our-Anakin :eek: I?m so hurt? :_| Then again, I guess I deserve it. [face_devil] Son of Bryon and a Jedi ? mulls the thoughts over then counts on her fingers the number of years until Nyx is legal You are completely incorrigible! [face_rolls_eyes] Hey it?s fiction ? you could write him of legal age for your next adventure *hint hint* I?ll think about it. ;) how perfect for Padme?s frame of mind to look for those similiarities, to see Anakin anyway and anywhere she can. Yes, I thought so too. It was a small touch but I think it?s very true to her state of mind. I?m glad you noticed. [face_love] What a feat you have accomplished as an author. You should feel proud, AuthorBoy! Thanks! I do. :D
    geo3: Wow, thanks for such a long, heartfelt reply. :D You?ve been with me since the very start of all this, and to know you?ve found the finale so moving means so much. Thank you. (And I made you cry! [face_dancing] I?ve still got it! [face_devil] ) I loved the way you carried forward images of Anakin as you wound down the different parts of the story. Well, the saga is really Anakin?s, even in the OT era and especially in my AU, so it didn?t seem I could end without showing some of the lasting legacy of his life and actions. I did consciously choose to give it only a single chapter (three posts), though ? because once he?s made his sacrifice, really everything after that is epilogue. Danae might chronicle her family?s, and particularly her father?s, history ? I think she is the only one who would get it right from all perspectives. She?s such a marvelous character. I?m glad you think so. She?s come a very long way from the tentative Padawan of ADR, and I think you?re right that she?s grown into a classical Jedi ? perceptive and clear of thought. You know what? I?ll bet his ghostly blue grandfather put him up to that trick with the tickling! [face_laugh] Can?t you imagine Padmé walking in on that? ?Anakin! Stop that right now! He?s trouble enough as it is without you teaching him more!? [face_laugh] But she doesn?t want to settle near Sabé ? she indicates that she has other plans. What could they be? To live in isolation somewhere? One thing I should clarify: when Danaé suggests living near Sabé, she means Sabé?s home on Coruscant ? that maybe Padmé would stay if she was closer to her oldest friend. Padmé rejects the idea, though, and wants to go to Naboo once her term is up. (While she?s still on Coruscant she will stay in the residence, though; it?s once she?s retired that she?ll turn it over to Bryon and Sarré completely.) I doubt she?d live in isolation ? presumably near her parents and Sola?s family. Or perhaps in the Lake Country. Consider this a standing ovation ? and heartfelt ?thanks? for an exceptional tale wonderfu

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Anakin's death scene was so amazing, well written and simply heartbreaking, but it didn't make me cry. This ending did. That's probably the biggest compliment that I can give. I can't wait to read the epilogue to this story and the missing moments. :)

18. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    *huggles Nyklas* I just love that kid.

Danae is an interesting character. I like how Padme saw how much like her dad she is.

Will you be telling us anmes, ages and other significant stats of Padme's family in the Epilogue?

Before you get too confident... I have to say I'm disappointed. I haven't shed a tear through out this fic.

19. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    *delurks*

*Comes out of speaklessness*

Sorry about not replying for so long, it was a hectic summer.

Wow, what can I say,

Awesome, absolutely awesome.

I even cried, twice. I've never done that after reading something on these boards before.

And the last two post brought closer. At first really didn't like that it ended so soon, but after reading those two, it's not so bad. I mean I'd love it if this could continue on forever and give a complete AU of the EU, but all stories have to end sometime.

I can't wait to see the epilog and i promise I'll reply

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Jaina_Solo_15: Anakin's death scene was so amazing, well written and simply heartbreaking Wow! :) It was one of the toughest scenes I?ve ever written, without a doubt. This ending did. That's probably the biggest compliment that I can give. Cool. :cool: Thank you!
    Vorquellyn: *huggles Nyklas* I just love that kid. He?s cute when you don?t have to raise him ? just ask LP. :p Will you be telling us names, ages and other significant stats of Padme's family in the Epilogue? Yep. Coming right up. :D I have to say I'm disappointed. I haven't shed a tear through out this fic. Hee hee! That?s all right. :p
    Starrunner: Sorry about not replying for so long, it was a hectic summer. No worries. ;) I know how DRL is? I even cried, twice. I've never done that after reading something on these boards before. Wow! This is too cool! :cool: I guess I need to write more tragic deaths? (Kidding!) I mean I'd love it if this could continue on forever and give a complete AU of the EU, but all stories have to end sometime. It took me almost a year and a half to write an AU of just the three movies. The whole EU! :eek: That?d take forever! [face_laugh] Still? you never know?

Thanks again for all the great feedback, everyone! :D The Epilogue will be up momentarily. ;)

21. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    This is the last story post of The Skywalker Prophecy trilogy. I will write some Missing Scenes for POF like I did for ADR and HAD, so check back in a few days for news about that ? and about my next fanfic projects. :D

Here it is. ;)

EPILOGUE

Padmé walked slowly into the sitting room of the small villa in the Lake Country. The late evening glow in the sky lit the forested hills and still waters of the lake with a soft orange hue, and a warm gentle breeze wafted through the open windows. The sight inside the room was far more enchanting, though.

?Gamma?s back!?

Padmé stooped over to seize Nyklas into her arms. ?Yes, dear, I am.?

From behind long strands of dark brown hair his indigo eyes peered into hers. ?It?s okay,? he said. ?We?re here.?

?I know, darling,? Padmé said, and she couldn?t help but smile at the earnestness in the boy?s voice. Nyklas had been the only one present with her seven years ago today when Anakin had sacrificed his life to fulfill the ancient prophecy and bring balance to the Force. To this day she wondered how much the Force-sensitive child remembered about the events surrounding his grandfather?s death, but she knew for certain that Nyklas always could sense when she was thinking about Anakin, whether remembering him fondly or missing him terribly. Right now it was the latter.

Nyklas clambered down to the floor and bounded over to his mother?s lap.

?Nyx, what did we talk about?? asked Sarré gently.

?Umm?? The boy fidgeted with the hem of his tunic. ?Not to run indoors.?

?Yes, dear,? Sarré said. ?Thank you.?

With patience like that it was no wonder, Padmé thought, that Sarré was such a highly regarded Ambassador in the Republic?s diplomatic service. Supreme Chancellor Dirxon often personally dispatched her for volatile negotiations or delicate mediations. Anyone who could talk Bothans back from the brink of war was quite skilled indeed.

?Elyssé, why don?t you give your grandmother a hug too,? Bryon suggested. Despite his gentle demeanor at home, General Skywalker was one of the most feared instructors at the Academy. The standards to which he held his students in tactics and strategy exercises were legendary, but those who persevered left with unmatched training and an unwavering loyalty to their mentor.

?Okay,? his five-year-old daughter replied. She slid from his lap and padded quickly to Padmé, and hugged her around the legs.

Padmé reached down and brushed the blonde hair away from the girl?s face, and gazed warmly into her hazel eyes. Elyssé might be shy now, but like Leia at that age Padmé already could see the outgoing politician?s personality beginning to emerge in her granddaughter. ?Thank you, sweetheart.?

Elyssé smiled, then spun around and practically leaped back into her father?s lap.

Padmé turned to the two Jedi Knights sitting together on the long sofa opposite the windows. ?And where?s your lovely daughter this evening??

Luke grinned. ?She?ll be right back.?

Mara grinned too. ?She?s on a very important mission, you see.?

Padmé laughed. Six-year-old Harmony was strong in the Force like both her parents, and despite being half the usual age was convinced she was nearly ready to become a Padawan learner. Before Padmé could ask what the ?mission? was, a happy bleeping and blooping greeted her.

?I can see that, Jaytoo,? Padmé said. Anakin had built and customized the black-and-gold astromech, and now Jaytoo usually flew with Mara in the Lady Vader or her X-Wing while Artoo flew with Luke. In front of his cylindrical torso the droid held up a large tray filled with eight short glasses of liquids of various colors.

Right behind the astromech came the flaxen-haired girl. ?Drinks! I got the drinks!?

Padmé settled herself into one of the big plush chairs and watched Harmony deliver each glass to the appropriate person. Finally her granddaughter retrieved the last two glasses from Jaytoo?s tray and headed her way.

Harmony

22. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Got it!

Back later...

EDIT: BACK! :)

LP: Sorry :(

:p Not really

This was me when I knew I had beat you to the first post [face_dancing]

AuthorBoy: Well what truly can I say that would do justice to the completion of your story? I?m not sure I can find the right words, but I?ll try?

*ducks Yoda?s gimmerstick*

DO! I'll do it!

?Gamma?s back!?

Padmé stooped over to seize Nyklas into her arms. ?Yes, dear, I am.?

From behind long strands of dark brown hair his indigo eyes peered into hers. ?It?s okay,? he said. ?We?re here.?

?I know, darling,? Padmé said, and she couldn?t help but smile at the earnestness in the boy?s voice. Nyklas had been the only one present with her seven years ago today when Anakin had sacrificed his life to fulfill the ancient prophecy and bring balance to the Force. To this day she wondered how much the Force-sensitive child remembered about the events surrounding his grandfather?s death, but she knew for certain that Nyklas always could sense when she was thinking about Anakin, whether remembering him fondly or missing him terribly. Right now it was the latter.

Okay so it?s only seven years o_O (you know I was hoping for a little more like seventeen)

But I get the point here ? the connection you are trying to make. Nyx is her link to that one awful moment in her life when Anakin left her. Well done in neatly tying the Epilogue to the story itself ? especially since you have bounced ahead in time.

Padmé peered inside the dark room. Sure enough, all four two-year-olds were sleeping soundly. The Solo twins were cuddled together on one bed in a mass of small limbs and brown hair. Three decades ago Anakin?s turn away from darkness had altered the course of fate, and it had meant that when their twins were born Luke was to become a Jedi and Leia was not. Padmé knew that similar tugs and pulls of destiny were at work on her grandchildren ? even though neither of their parents was a Jedi, both Jaina and Jacen would be.

My oh my! Four two-year-olds! You?d need a Jedi just to deal with that! Oh but how exciting that my fave little Jedi made a an appearance :D

On the other bed was a similar pile of two toddlers. Young Aurora?s auburn hair was darker than her mother?s, and her blue eyes so much like her father?s were closed in slumber. Like her older sister, though, there was no doubt she was Luke?s and Mara?s child. Serving as her pillow, little Orion was the perfect image of his father Bryon at that age ? brown hair and brown eyes, broad smile, and like his older brother clearly already on his way to a towering height. Everyone agreed that the thought of three Skywalker men that big was a daunting prospect.

And the two OC Skywalker toddlers! Aurora and Orion! Love the names [face_love] I bet Ori is going to be a heartbreaker one day.

Danaé smirked ? a grin that looked more like Anakin?s every day. ?Nothing will ever be close to dealing with Leia, Mara, and Sarré pregnant at the same time. Nothing. That almost drove me to the dark side.?

Again the connection to Anakin ? and it?s with Danaé ? how perfect. She of all Anakin?s offspring seems destined to be the truest of Jedi, a servant of the Force, and yet she hasn?t lost that wonderful sense of fun that Anakin carried around.

?His name is Anakin,? Han said into the silence. ?Anakin Solo.?

?He will be a great Jedi,? Leia said. ?Like his grandfather.?

Padmé reached out and brushed her fingers along the infant?s bald head. ?It?s nice to meet you, Anakin.?

The boy cooed, then closed his eyes and turned his face into his mother?s chest.

Padmé smiled at Leia and Han. ?It?s perfect.?

Get out the Kleenex :_| Okay talk about tugging at the heartstrings ? and so much better than the EU naming. Luckily if you were to pursue telling this Anakin?s story you wouldn?t be under orders to off Anakin Skywalker?s namesake ;) ;)

If there was any justice in the universe the tables would be turned on young Anakin, and he would fall m

23. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Jumps in:

[rubs hands gleefully] Ooh! More! [face_dancing]

EDIT 1: DRAT YOU, TKL! :p

EDIT 2:

TKL: LP: Sorry

Not really

This was me when I knew I had beat you to the first post [face_dancing]

- Well! All I can say to that is: [face_not_talking]

- Although I'll really miss racing you to be first to post on this story ;) [ARE YOU TAKING THE HINT TO WRITE MORE HERE, AUTHORBOY?] (Aside: must talk loudly and repeat oneself to men as they have the tendency to not hear things that don't have to do with sports, cars or sex... :p )

Lex: Okay, onto the story :D

Wow! All those grandchildren! What a happy family it is, although somewhat bittersweet since Anakin missed out on it. Perhaps he 'sensed' them all through his link to them in the Force, but it wasn't the same thing.

Query about the Skywalker twins. You wrote: Like her older sister, though, there was no doubt she was Luke?s and Mara?s child. Serving as her pillow, little Orion was the perfect image of his father Bryon at that age

- Am I reading this wrong? It reads as though Byron is Orion's dad, but I understood Orion to be Aurora's twin and L/M's kids? :confused:

Danaé smirked ? a grin that looked more like Anakin?s every day. ?Nothing will ever be close to dealing with Leia, Mara, and Sarré pregnant at the same time. Nothing. That almost drove me to the dark side.?

- HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF THE FORCE, BATMAN! [face_praying] I can't believe Danae didn't turn to the Dark Side during all of that! :p

He laughed again. ?I guess Solo?s finally learned not to say no to Leia.?

- Sighs. If only all men could learn this lesson! o_O

Padmé didn?t look back as she followed Anakin into eternity.

:eek: Wow.

I mean WOW. :eek:

That was a surprise to me. It was a truly perfect ending to have Padme go off into the sunset with Anakin, but still...first I thought: she's too young, and she could have so many years left with the kids and grandkids. But then again, now that she's seen that they're all happy and likely to have good, secure futures, and she'd be all alone for the rest of her life, it makes complete sense that Padme would think: "My work here is done" and go with Anakin where she would be the happiest.

:_| * reaches for Kleenex * :_|

That was simply beautiful, Lex. Wonderful. Superlative. Marvelous. Stupendous. Impressive. SO TALENTED!

And, in keeping with what TKL wrote, there's no wonder you won so many AU awards for this series as well as Best Author. You so totally deserve it.

Keep writing and don't forget about us! ;)

[:D] @};- [face_dancing] [:D] @};- [face_dancing] [:D] @};- [face_dancing]

24. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    I've been following this series since the beginning, and though I probably haven't commented once [face_blush], I thought it was amazing. Great job, and I look forward to the missing scenes. =D=

25. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Beautiful.

"Now I am complete."

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/thegeo3/Star%20Wars/tissues.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.