Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Vorquellyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Doesn't the fact that the Force sensitive to non Force sensitive ratio is unbalanced just mean that there are two un Force sensitive children to be born? (hoping, hoping)

All three pregnant at once. Wow. It's lucky no one is in the loony bin.

Will you also tell us about the extended family. Nale, Ryoo, and the Larses. [face_hopeful] :)

Padme's death was perfect. Kind of like that one Twilight Zone episode.

Please write more. Even if it is short like Chandrila Surprise.
  2. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks so much, everyone, for all of your congratulations, praise, and support for the conclusion of POF and The Skywalker Prophecy trilogy. :D With all the difficult things DRL has thrown at me the last few months your feedback has been a great source of fun in my life ? and I appreciate it more than I can say. :)

Time for some replies to your feedback. Check back on Monday for some news about the POF Missing Scenes ? I?ll probably be writing four of them. Also on Monday I?ll make some announcements about my future fanfic projects. Don?t worry, I?ll still be writing. ;)

On to the replies?

TKL: Okay so it?s only seven years (you know I was hoping for a little more like seventeen) :rolleyes: You really are completely incorrigible! Well done in neatly tying the Epilogue to the story itself Thanks! I thought connecting Padmé and Nyklas was good way to link things up. Glad it worked. Oh but how exciting that my fave little Jedi made an appearance Something told me you?d like that part. ;) I bet Ori is going to be a heartbreaker one day. And little Auri may steal a few hearts of her own as well. She of all Anakin?s offspring seems destined to be the truest of Jedi, a servant of the Force, and yet she hasn?t lost that wonderful sense of fun that Anakin carried around. Yep. In many ways she?s a lot like Obi-Wan, especially the way he would have been if Anakin had stayed light and Obi-Wan?s humorous side could have stayed more prominent. Luckily if you were to pursue telling this Anakin?s story you wouldn?t be under orders to off Anakin Skywalker?s namesake True. :D Then again, I could off just about anyone. ]:) What a great tie into the EU ? say some blonde Jedi from Tatooine named Tahiri! Loved that part! Yeah, that is a cool coincidence, isn?t it? :cool: There was some greatness in that she had that time to say her goodbyes without the bittersweet knowledge that they were just that. Yes, to me that seemed the best way for Padmé to say farewell ? seeing her children and grandchildren, passing the torch to young Anakin Solo, and being ready to be with her Ani again. It?s been a magical masterful ride for sure. Thank you, my friend. Truly. [:D] I?d forgotten I?d written that, but I guess you?re right ? I guess I did succeed. :) It?s a great feeling.
    LP: must talk loudly and repeat oneself to men as they have the tendency to not hear things that don't have to do with sports, cars or sex... Sex? Did someone say sex? :p (And yes, I took the hint.) Perhaps he 'sensed' them all through his link to them in the Force, but it wasn't the same thing. Yes, in my mind he would have used his power to observe them sometimes, just as he appeared to Padmé now and then in the intervening years. But definitely not the same? :( Am I reading this wrong? Yep. ;) Shinar has the right breakdown in her post. If only all men could learn this lesson! But then life with us would be no fun. [face_laugh] it makes complete sense that Padme would think: "My work here is done" and go with Anakin where she would be the happiest. Exactly. She?s made sure the future is on the right path ? so it?s time to pass the torch from one generation to the next. Wonderful. Superlative. Marvelous. Stupendous. Impressive. SO TALENTED! Wow. Thank you. [face_blush] You must be taking embarrassingly effusive praise lessons from your twin.
    qtrhrs78: Good to see you. :D I think you commented at one of the threads at some point ? and even if you didn?t it?s always great to hear from a reader. :cool:
    geo3: "Now I am complete." Yes ? the story, and the saga of Anakin and Padmé. I guess it is something that needs tissues? :) It's a magical ending, totally appropriate for an almost mythical couple. Yes, was my intention in the scene, to give them a final moment true to the way I?ve portrayed them in the rest of the story. i
  3. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OH. MY. GOD. :_| :( I can't believe that it's done! :_| And I missed the end!

It was absolutely brilliant, Lex! It was so sweet how Anakin came for Padmé when it was her time.

I loved reading how close the family is. It's so realistic, and touching.

Great job with the end!

~LtJS @};-

4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Guess I was being too analytical. Bad me. I must unlearn what I have learned. :D

5. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    Eight is still a lot, though!

Hah, in my family that's just a start for having children! :p I refuse to try to count how many cousins I have, I don't think my calculator goes that high [face_blush] 8-}

Can't wait for Monday!
  6. Adm_skyhooper Jedi Padawan

Great ending!
    Padme leaves the mortal plain and rejoin with her husband how sweet
    what about Ben Skywalker?!?
    thanks for the great series! i will be reading your next few fanfics!
  7. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thanks! :) I?m glad you enjoyed the ending, bittersweet as it was.
    RebelMom: [face_laugh] Listen to Yoda, you should. Wise, he is.
    Shinar: Your family sounds frighteningly large! :eek: (As for today?s news? Who taught you patience? ANH Luke? :p )
    Adm_Skyhooper: Thanks! :) No Ben Skywalker in my AU. In my mind he?s too inextricably tied up with the canon story in a lot of ways. So in my AU, Luke and Mara don?t have a son ? at least not yet. ;)

Thanks again for reading, everyone! :D

Okay, time for the promised announcements for today.

POF MISSING SCENES

Due to constraints of DRL, I haven?t had time to write the Missing Scenes for POF yet. I do plan to write them soon, though. My current plan is to write four. I?ll let you know as soon as I can when they?re likely to be posted. Thanks for understanding. :)

Here?s the plan:
    # 1 ? The Morning After (chapter 6: Mara is gone when Anakin sits down to breakfast; is Han?)
    # 2 ? Adventures in Jedi Babysitting (chapter 7: Barriss and Aayla watch Nyklas)
    # 3 ? Confessions of Dangerous Minds (chapter 16: Luke and Mara tell the family)
    # 4 ? [to be determined]

I have a few ideas for the fourth, but it?s not decided yet. So if you have any suggestions for Missing Scenes you?d like to see from POF, just PM me and I?ll add it to my list of possibilities.

I?ll try to let you know by next week when to expect the Missing Scenes. ;)

UPCOMING STORIES

First, the BIG NEWS: Check back right here on Wednesday for news about my next story, which begins very soon. :D :D

I?d say more, but? that would ruin the fun. [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Second, beyond that new story, I can?t say for sure what my other upcoming project(s) will be. Here?s a rough sketch of the most likely possibilities?

** The Skywalker Prophecy: Bonus Disc ? I have a number of ideas and notes for a series of vignettes and missing moments from the AU galaxy of The Skywalker Prophecy. They would not simply be more Missing Scenes from within the three episodes, but could take place anywhere on the timeline. The vignettes probably would focus around the young love and courtship of Bryon and Sarré, including a few vignettes which so far haven?t been seen outside the Bryon Skywalker Fan Club. The ?extras? thread also might include the notorious Danaé/Corran fling, the Alderaan incident mentioned in ADR chapter 15 (Anakin and Padmé flee assassins while trying to control their four young children), scenes showing glimpses of Jedi Master Oga Trill or the late Jarren Organa, and any other missing moments for which inspiration strikes.

** The Skywalker Prophecy: Special Edition ? In the course of writing ADR, HAD, and POF, I?ve grown a lot as a writer, and as a storyteller. I plan to revisit the entire trilogy, editing and revising to make all three episodes a more integrated, consistent whole. For a project that took seventeen months to complete, I?m quite proud of the results ? but ultimately I?d like the chapters of ADR I wrote a year and a half ago to be indistinguishable in quality and ?voice? from the chapters of POF I just finished. I doubt I will repost the trilogy here at TFN; I?ll probably just make an announcement in the threads here and update the chapters over at FFN.

** The Skywalker Prophecy: Episode III - In the course of planning for the Special Edition project, I?ve come to the conclusion that A Bumpier Road, my first foray into a full fanfic story, is no longer the backstory I want for The Skywalker Prophecy trilogy. ABR will always be near and dear to my heart, but the story of TSP has gone in a different direction than ABR set up, and while making the revisions to TSP I plan to modify minor elements of the backstory accordingly. In particular, I believe AOTC as is, not AU, is the truer backstory to TSP. Which then, of course, leaves the need for me to get us from that secret wedding to a PT era e
  9. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Just one word.....

TEASE!

:cool: ;)

P.S.: You sure that there's not actually a TV marketing executive inside that Lawyer's body screaming to get out....
  10. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    I can be pacient when I need to be :p

I second GunraysLawer in the assesment and add my support for the marketing executive concept!

Sounds like you are going to be majorly busy. Excellent :D
  11. DANA28 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Darth Lex-

I get it now.

Dana
  12. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    [face_laugh] I really have to agree with GunraysLawyer. :p

# 3 ? Confessions of Dangerous Minds (chapter 16: Luke and Mara tell the family)

Obviously I'll be on the lookout for anything you write, but I have to say that I'm especially pleased with this news. :D [face_dancing] *thinks busily about other Missing Scene possibilities* [face_thinking]
  13. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    ooohhh a new trilogy!!!

the Skywalker Heirs :) definately looking forward to that . . . yub yub. . .
  14. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin and Padmé flee assassins while trying to control their four young children

This would be a very interesting post to read! I hope I get the chance to read it!

Wednesday?! But that's so far away! I guess I better get ready for a long hibernation at my computer to wait...too bad I have class.

JS
  15. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    For some reason my comments on the story didn't come through :(.

The ending was what I thought it would be, with Anakin coming for Padmé. It was romantic and sad at the same time but at least they are reunited.

My goodness, all of those grandkids! Maybe that's why Padmé was ready to die!

All in all, you've managed to string me along for over a year. It's not easy taking familiar characters in a different direction and it's not easy doing it with so many characters, with your own mixed in. Moreover, it's not easy attracting all kinds of fans with any one story. But somehow you pulled it off. =D=

I'm looking forward to your additional stories; I think GunraysLawyer is right...all you need to do is market some Bryon action figures and food tie-ins!

--MissPadme
  16. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Somewhere in her subconscious an idea burst through, and Padmé barely stifled her chuckle. If there was any justice in the universe the tables would be turned on young Anakin, and he would fall madly in love with a girl who was younger, light-haired, and from Tatooine. Yes, she decided, there was something very appropriate about that.

I love this! [face_love] But then you knew I would, didn't you? Even before I read your last post I was going to suggest that your next project take on the Skywalker grandchildren. Yipee! I can't wait! :D

Sorry to be so short, but I managed to swim up from babyland for a few minutes and must leave now, but I will still check in as much as possible. Looking forward to the next adventure! :D
  17. TKeira_Lex Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello, everyone! :D

Time for the BIG NEWS you were promised?

Lex here, posting from the sock TKL and I will use for our new novel, The Courtship of Jagged Fel. :eek: :D [face_dancing]

It?s a post-NJO story set one year after The Unifying Force, and the main characters are none other than Jaina and Jag! :D (Shocking, I know. :p ) In a change of pace for us, the story isn?t an AU, just our version of what might happen next. It?ll have romance, action, angst, intrigue, and lots more ? and of course all the twists and turns and torment you?d expect from two unrepentantly Evil Authors. [face_devil]

Head on over to the Resource Forum right now and check out a sneak peek in the form of a teaser trailer. It?s got lots of hints and clues ? and only some of them are misleading. [face_mischief] You can find it here: Teaser Trailer: The Courtship of Jagged Fel

We?re going to post once a week, on Wednesdays. Chapter One will go up a week from today, so look for the thread then over in Beyond the Saga. ;)

Hope to see you there! :cool:

TKEIRA_LEA

DARTH_LEX

STAR WARS:
    THE COURTSHIP OF JAGGED FEL

Coming Wednesdays starting September 1st.

18. Reihla Force Ghost

star 3
    Darn you, Lex! Now I'll be forced to find time to visit Beyond the Saga! Oddly enough the Jag/Jaina pairing is one of very few I find intriguing in the NJO. See you and TKL in the new thread!
  19. PhoenixMage Jedi Knight

star 3
    *Sniffles* The epilouge was a beautiful ending to a wonderful fic! Heck, it was a great ending for one of the best series ever written! I liked hearing about all the grandkids. It will be interesting to see what havoc they wreak on the Jedi Council [face_devil].
  20. Vorquellyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the way you think.

Really? Most people think I'm weird and obessive.

Yay! I love Jagged! *happy dances*
  21. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    GunraysLawyer: You sure that there's not actually a TV marketing executive inside that Lawyer's body screaming to get out.... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You could be on to something?
    Shinar: Hee hee! I?m patient like that too. ;)
    DANA28: You?re welcome. :)
    Gabri: Somehow I knew you?d like the L/M one. ;)
    maramijade: It?ll be a while, but the new trilogy should be cool.
    Jazz: I?ve always thought that A/P scene would be fun to write, so hopefully I can make the time in the next month or so to write it.
    MissPadme: The ending was what I thought it would be, with Anakin coming for Padmé. It was romantic and sad at the same time but at least they are reunited. I think so too. [face_love] I really couldn?t imagine ending the trilogy any other way, so I needed the Epilogue to do that. It?s been great to have you along for the ride, and I?m glad you?ve enjoyed it so much. Thanks! :)
    TahiriSoloFan: I love this! But then you knew I would, didn't you? Yeah, somehow I figured you?d like that part. :p The new trilogy is a ways off, but I think it will be a lot of fun to write. :D
    TKeira_Lex: HI! [:D]
    Reihla: Oddly enough the Jag/Jaina pairing is one of very few I find intriguing in the NJO. I agree. (Obviously, if I?m writing a fic about them. :p ) There were definitely some storytelling and characterization decisions in the NJO that I don?t like (not the usual ones, actually), but for the most part I really like the series. And the Jaina/Jag storyline was one of my favorites.
    PhoenixMage: Heck, it was a great ending for one of the best series ever written! Wow, thanks! [face_blush] That?s quite the compliment!
    Vorquellyn: Yay! I love Jagged! *happy dances* Then you?ll love COJF ? it?s got lots of Jag, obviously! :D

Thanks again for all the comments and feedback, everyone! :D I?ll try to be back in a few more days with news about the POF Missing Scenes. ;)
  22. skywalker4life Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow... Well, I've certainly missed alot since I left on vacation. The entire series is finished! And what a way to end it!

You really did Anakin's death justice. I honestly think that there could not have been a better way for him to go. It was a bittersweet goodbye between him and Padme. And guess who was bawling their eyes out??? :_| Yup, that would be me! [face_blush]

I also liked how the epilogue not only tied up the loose ends but still kind of left room for a sequel. Once again, the epilogue had a bittersweet ending with Padme's death and reunion with Anakin. Once again, guess who was bawling their eyes out??? :_| Ya... that was me! [face_blush]

I loved the ending to the trilogy. It was very emotional and touching. It was an amazing piece of writing, Lex. =D= You should be sooo proud. I enjoyed your trilogy immensely and look forward to reading your new stuff coming up especially the Skywalker Heirs Trilogy. :D How awesome is that gonna be?? I'm so psyched. :D So until next time...
  23. TKeira_Lex Jedi Knight

star 1
    GOOD MORNING!

TKeira_Lea here on behalf of my writing partner Darth_Lex

The opening installment of The Courtship of Jagged Fel has been posted over on the ByTS boards. It's definitely a change from POF, but we hope that you will go check it out. ;)

See ya over there!
  24. karebear214 Force Ghost

star 4
    All caught up again. Hoo-boy! I'm crying, darn it. And I have no idea where in my half-unpacked dorm room the tissues are...
  25. green_eyes Jedi Knight

star 3
    You said that over 70 people have posted at one time or another in this story. Well, make that 71. I just finished reading ABR and the whole Skywalker Prophecy trilogy. How I wish I would have started reading it sooner. But then it is nice to be able to read the whole thing without waiting for the next post. It does make it difficult to sleep though.
    I do not have the words to tell you how much I loved this story. I love romantic stories and have read many wonderful fan fictions. But I have never cried while reading one. I actually cried in the last 3 chapters of this. You did such a great job. I hope you will write more about this Skywalker family.

I would like to vote for a missing scene about Leia, Mara and Sarre' being pregnant at the same time. Either a missing a scene or a short viggie.

Bravo, wonderful, perfect, excellent, terrific, stupendious, awesome and beautiful. I told you I didn't have the words.

*green_eyes*

PS I would love to read all the PM scenes for all these stories.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.