main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    skywalker4life: You really did Anakin's death justice. I honestly think that there could not have been a better way for him to go. Thanks! :) I definitely think lightside Anakin deserved a heroic death like that. I?m not sure anything could measure up to his fall and redemption in canon, but a heroic sacrifice seemed close enough. ;) Once again, the epilogue had a bittersweet ending with Padme's death and reunion with Anakin. Yeah, I really couldn?t end it any other way, could I? [face_love] You?re right, it is bittersweet ? but it?s what A/P would want. I loved the ending to the trilogy. Thank you! :D It?s been a long, crazy ride for me, that?s for sure.
    TKeira_Lex: Thanks for the link! [:D]
    karebear214: Hoo-boy! I'm crying, darn it. And I have no idea where in my half-unpacked dorm room the tissues are... [face_laugh] Isn?t unpacking annoying that way? Seriously, though, it?s great to know you like the ending, and that it was so emotionally powerful. :)
    green_eyes: But then it is nice to be able to read the whole thing without waiting for the next post. So true! Just think of how many evil cliffies you got to avoid! :p I do not have the words to tell you how much I loved this story. Don?t worry ? that?s quite a compliment itself. :D I actually cried in the last 3 chapters of this. You did? That?s awesome! [face_dancing] (For me as a writer? Not because you were crying? Oh, never mind? :p ) I told you I didn't have the words. Those were some pretty amazing ones. Thank you. [face_blush]

Thanks again to everyone for all the great feedback you?ve given on this story! :D

Okay, it?s time for a few ANNOUNCEMENTS:

First, I haven?t yet had the time to get the POF Missing Scenes finished and ready to post ? but look for them right here within a week or two. :D

Second, for at least the next month, The Courtship of Jagged Fel is likely to be my only story on the boards. See my post on 8/23 for what might be next from me down the line. ;)

Third, I?m happy to reveal part of my DRL lately ? Friday night my wife gave birth to our first child, a son. [face_love] Baby Lex and his mom are both doing great. Obviously I?m very excited, and very proud. :)

Anyway, that?s all for now. See you all soon. :D

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations, Lex! :D (And Mrs. Lex too, of course. :p )

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Aww! Congratulations, Lex! :)

~LtJS @};-

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Congrats, Lex and Mrs. Lex. =D=

5. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Congratulations, Lex and family! Proud, you should be. [face_love] :D

I?m so sorry I haven?t reviewed. [face_chagrined] DRL! :_| Oh well, better late than never. ;)

Can I just say, what a fantastic finish to a fantastic series. The epilogue, with Anakin coming for Padme would rate as one of my favorite posts ever, if not my favorite. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Even if I was bawling my eyes out while reading. It was all perfect. =D=

First, I haven?t yet had the time to get the POF Missing Scenes finished and ready to post ? but look for them right here within a week or two.
    Woohoo! I'll definitely be here for those. :)

Second, for at least the next month, The Courtship of Jagged Fel is likely to be my only story on the boards. See my post on 8/23 for what might be next from me down the line.
    Greatly enjoying COJF. For those of you who haven?t gone over to check it out, GO NOW! It?s well worth it. [face_love]

I?m really looking forward to the Skywalker Heirs Trilogy. Wow! Lots of good reading for a long time. Awesome. Plus it?s all free! (That?s the finance professional talking. :p ) Better take advantage now because I know that with your talent, it?s only a matter of time before I?ll have to pay B&N (very willingly, I might add) for the privilege of reading one of your novels. :D

Thank you for sharing your talent and the wonderful product of your imagination with us. @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

Best of luck on your future writing projects. [:D]

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    CONGRATULATIONS, LEX, to you and your wife!! @};- @};- @};- =D= =D= =D=

Hmmm... thinks about LP just having a baby, too. Is there something about secret impending parenthood that makes for a great fanfic author? [face_laugh]

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Congratulations to both of you! Boys are great.

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi Lexie! :) I am back! :D
    I have returned to Athens the last possible moment and had to go to school immediately, so I had my hands full with work at school :( and trying to put the house in order... :( :( So I had to delay my visit here. I'll read the last chapter and reply as soon as possible...

:eek: WHAT???? :) :) =D=

Congratulations, dear friend!!!! @};-

I am so happy for you!

9. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    You still got all your fingers or did Mrs. Lex damage them permanently with all the squeezing? ;)

10. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, Congratulations, Daddy Darth Lex!!!!

Now, you have a few months of short sleep, but it's worth it. Then when he's four you can hear something like this at the dinner table:

Daughter of Gunrayslawyer: Da, I think you need to do me a favor...

Gunrayslawyer: (with a slightly dumbfounded expression) Oh, really. What do you need me to do?

DGL: I think you should clean my room for me.

;) :)

Congratulations again, and take care of Mrs. Lex...She'll need you more than she realizes over the next few days.

Finally, Shinar: It's arms not fingers. I think I syill have marks on my left forearm from my daughter's birth. :)

11. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    Congratulations Lex! I'm glad everything went well.

12. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    It's arms not fingers.

[face_laugh] I'll have to refer my husband to you when he gets home, we're hoping to start the family next year ;) [face_devil]

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Congrats, Daddy! [:D] & :* & for your wife @};- @};- @};- .... well I'd give her a dozen or more but the boards won't let me!

I'll have to refer my husband to you when he gets home, we're hoping to start the family next year

Shinar ...Congrats! You'll be a great mom, especially with all that practice with Sidra. Just to throw in my 2 cents, I always have my husband sqeeze my hands during labor ....the brain can only truly comprehend one pain at a time. Of corse he's still has sore hands the next day from all the sqeezing. 8-} But I can't say I ever have much sympathy for him! :rolleyes:

14. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Here it is, my last reply :( to POF...

Chapter 15 (Part 3)

Luke slid her limp body into one of the bunks and pulled down the straps that would keep her in place if they encountered any obstacles on the flight out. There was no time to tend to her injuries, not now. He bent down and kissed her tenderly on the lips, then hurried out into the narrow cabin hallway.
    And...
    ?We?re safe,? he soothed, then wrapped himself around her. ?We?re safe.?
    Mara nodded weakly, and rested her face against his chest. Luke pulled her against him and held her tightly. They were alive and they were safe. There wasn?t anything else they could do right now. All he could do was hold Mara while she slept, and keep her safe, and never, ever let her go. Luke pulled her just a little bit tighter against him, and held her until he drifted off to sleep too.

That's Luke, the well-known Luke we all love. He had come to his senses. At last! And he couldn't miss the kiss! [face_mischief]

But A/P were [face_love] , :( , :_| ! I was crying all the time reading their last moments.
    ?You don?t have to die! I won?t let you.?
    ?You can?t stop death. No one can.?
    ?You can!?
    ?No.? His hand fell away.
    ?Yes! Try! You have to try!?
    ?No, angel. I can?t defeat death.?
    ?Anakin! Stop this! You can?t die.?
    :_|
    You know this, dialogue reminds me another similar one, in AOTC, only there they have said the opposite things.
    Especially remembering the line "I will stop people of dying" and comparing with yours Anakin's [/i]?You can?t stop death. No one can.?[/i] and the ?No, angel. I can?t defeat death.? shows remarkably PT Anakin's problems that lead him to dark side. I am sure you did it on purpose, you brilliant writer! =D=
    The heartbroken Padme was magnificently written. When she begins to accept that Anakin's dying and tries to kill herself was, I can't find enough adjectives to describe your writing and how I felt.
    She didn't deserve that any way, you know, as I didn't deserve my Sean?s death! :mad:
    And no, I haven't forgotten that and I will bring it up any time it seems suited. :mad: :p [face_laugh]

He shook his head, and when he spoke his voice was hardly a whisper. ?I will come for you.?
    ?Yes.? She pulled him closer. ?I?ll be waiting.?

I am crying! Can you see me crying? Of course not! If you did, you wouldn't do that to Padme and me...
    Another reverse from OT. There Padme came for Anakin -although Lucas doesn't seems to show it in the ROTJ DVD, but I feel she has and here, in your story Anakin will come for her,
    At least here, they have 20 beautiful years together, they have four kids, raised them to be fine men and women, Jedi and non Jedi, they had a grandson and they have seen their children to be with good mates. Nothing of that in PT/OT. Oh. I am going to cry watching ROTS, especially when I would have known from stories like this masterpiece of yours how things could be if that damn Jedi had chosen more wisely!

Anakin was dead. :_| Three little words! :_|
    Danaé was almost startled by the striking image. Mara gazed out the viewport at the constellations while Luke held her from behind, his arms around her waist and his chin atop her head. Danaé doubted they realized they were replicating the pose in which Anakin had held Padmé so many hundreds of times. It was better that they didn?t, probably. That would only make their sense of loss that much more painful ? and it already was unbearable. [face_love]
    What a picture, Lexie! And the comparison with A/P that Danae sees is a simple bright lie, a hope for the future. Life never ends! New generations are coming to live and act and let their mark on the world and then go to leave the place for more new ones to come!

Chapter 16 (Part 1)

I cried and cried reading Anakin?s funeral!
    Especially this: All his life he had been practically alone. First, there had been only Anakin and his mother. Then his apprenticeship to Obi-Wan. Then his marriage to Padmé. True, Anakin had found companionship in a smal

15. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks so much for the congrats, everyone! :D :D It?s an exciting time, and everything is going well so far. :)

Red: The epilogue, with Anakin coming for Padme would rate as one of my favorite posts ever, if not my favorite. Thanks! :) I couldn?t see any other way to end the trilogy. Glad you liked it too, even if it was bittersweet. Better take advantage now because I know that with your talent, it?s only a matter of time before I?ll have to pay B&N (very willingly, I might add) for the privilege of reading one of your novels. Hee hee! I hope so too. :cool:
    GunraysLawyer: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Sounds like your daughter is well on her way to lawyerly endeavors of her own. (Let?s hope not! :p )
    JediArwen: You know this, dialogue reminds me another similar one, in AOTC, only there they have said the opposite things. Yep, I definitely did that on purpose. ;) Those are things young Anakin could never have said, but a wise Jedi Master would know is right. And Padmé knows it too, even if in her grief-stricken panic she pleads otherwise. I am going to cry watching ROTS, especially when I would have known from stories like this masterpiece of yours how things could be if that damn Jedi had chosen more wisely! I expect I?ll cry at ROTS too. Although I think I?ll be more angry, actually ? angry at Anakin for his choices that lead to his fall, and for not choosing the right path. :mad: Are you planning for a short story, something like A day in the Academy with the Big Three Egos, or something like that? Please? [face_laugh] I?ll consider it! It would be a comedy piece, that?s for sure. Danaé the perfect Jedi! She reminds me more and more of Obi in OT, wise and gentle, yet a deadly warrior when it?s needed. Thanks! :cool: That?s definitely how I think of her now. She?s matured a lot over the course of the trilogy, and she?s definitely more like Obi-Wan than her father. That?s not a bad thing, of course; it?s just who she is. And I loved your choice for Luke to feel first his mother death. If you think that in OT he hadn?t any memory of her, so sad, he deserved at least that. I?m glad you liked that. Seemed appropriate to me too. :)

Quick note - I?m making progress on the POF Missing Scenes, but with Hurricane Ivan bearing down on Florida I can?t make any promises about when they?ll be ready. Thanks for your patience. :)

16. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    You'll be a great mom, especially with all that practice with Sidra.

Thanks Auntie [face_blush] My neighbor (the one that babysat the Great Fluffy One while I was in Korea) says that Sid will blow a sprocket and probably wind up in a stationary orbit with his hysterics when I bring home the competition :p

*kicks the Atlantic ocean for spawning so many hurricanes and gets splashed in the face for her troubles* 8-}

17. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Congratulations on your new addition! Hopefully the little one won't leave you too sleep deprived to write! Then again, the many late hours awake may just throw you some inspiration! Enjoy the time while he's still helpless, 'cause you know it doesn't last long at all. ;)

As for your possible upcoming projects, I must say you are ambitious! But then, that's what will get a person somewhere, right? Can't wait to see what comes out first. Hopefully DRL won't continue to keep me away and I'll have the cahnce to catch it.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

18. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Congrats on your new bundle of trouble. Errrr. I mean joy. Yeah that's it. Joy. Just kidding. I bet he's wonderful. Hope he's less trouble than baby Nyx.

19. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    Awww... CONGRATULATIONS, LEX!!!!! [:D] Send my regards to Mrs. Lex and Baby Lex. :D

20. JediPrincess_Annelie

JediPrincess_Annelie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    Congratulations on Darth_Lex_Junior @};-!

I want one like that.
    Err, when my university studies are done... and I kinda think I'm gonna need a Ph.D. too...
    Right, maybe in ten years or so...

You are SO lucky!

- JP_A
    [face_batting]

21. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Well Ivan is out of the way so Baby Lex must be making his presence felt ;)

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks for the congrats! :D :D Baby Lex is doing great, and I have it on good authority that he get his handsomeness from his daddy. ;)

Overall, my other DRL seems to be letting up on me a bit ? and I?m going to keep being optimistic. :) With that in mind, keep your eye out here for the POF Missing Scenes fairly soon. I?m hesitant to give a date, but it won?t be long. Thanks so much for your patience. I really appreciate it. :)

And what?s next? [face_thinking] I?ll say only that I?ve written three posts of my next project, and I'm on a roll? So in a few more weeks you may see a teaser trailer? :D

In the meantime, The Courtship of Jagged Fel is well underway here. If you haven?t yet, TKL and I hope you?ll check it out. :cool:

See you again soon!

23. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003

Wow, It's been awhile.

UP!

24. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    I suspect that was the first up this story has ever needed. . . ;)

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Hi everyone! :D :D

I apologize it's taken so long to get to the POF Missing Scenes. (Thanks for the ups, Starrunner and Shinar. ;) ) Let's just say I've had a really, really bad run of Darth Real Life, in the truest Darth sense... :( (Of course Baby Lex is Jedi Real Life, and I don't mind that at all. :) ) Fortunately I've still had some time to write, and I have the Missing Scenes ready to go! :D

I'll post the first one now, and one each of the next three Mondays for a total of four. :cool:

Once the Missing Scenes are up, POF will be completed - and so will the entire Skywalker Prophecy trilogy. :D Amazing...

I have made a start on my next project, and I hope to begin posting it soon - here in The Saga. ;) In the meantime, don't forget that TKL and I are updating The Courtship of Jagged Fel weekly over in BYTS. :D

Posting momentarily...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.