main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    See the note on the previous page about the posting schedule. ;)

POF Missing Scene # 1: The Morning After (Chapter Six)

Author?s Commentary: I thought about including a scene like this in Chapter Six, but it was growing too long already and a further scene wasn?t necessary to develop the story. It?s a fun Missing Scene, though!

With his feet set wide and his hands clasped at the small of his back, Anakin stood on the terrace of the Skywalker residence and faced into the warm, soft glow of the rising sun. His eyes were closed in meditation, but his perceptions in the Force showed him everything he needed to see ? the bustling airspeeder traffic, the nighttime fog slowly vanishing into the dawn, the towering skyscrapers teeming with life inside their cold metal structures, the birds chasing the insects through the skies, and so much more.

He felt more than heard the door open. ?Good morning, Danaé.?

?Good morning, Daddy,? his daughter replied.

After a long, slow, deliberate breath he turned to face her. ?I had a message from Mace this morning.?

She nodded solemnly, silently.

?You should be proud. Master Yoda would have made that decision with the greatest care.?

?I know.?

Anakin smiled. ?And yet you still wonder why he chose you.?

Danaé flashed a helpless grin. ?Would you expect any less of me??

?No. Not really, no.?

?I trust his judgment. Even if I don?t understand it yet.?

He grinned back. ?Maybe you never will. There are decisions he made, insights he found, that I still can?t figure out to this day.?

She chuckled. ?Humbling, isn?t it, Master Skywalker??

?Yes. Yes, it is.?

She strode to his side and gazed out over the cityscape. ?Why are you out here? Breakfast is almost ready.?

He smiled. He had to admit it was out of character for him not to be hovering around the food. ?I have my reasons.?

She looked at him curiously.

?It seems Leia forgot to set her morning chimes. Her? guest? has yet to make his escape.?

Danaé burst out laughing, loudly and happily. ?Since when do you pass up an opportunity like this??

Anakin laughed too. ?Since I was threatened with an Executive Order by the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Her Excellency was most insistent on the matter.?

?You must be so disappointed.?

?I am.? Anakin wrapped an arm around his daughter?s shoulders. ?But this is Leia we?re talking about. It?s not as though I won?t have plenty of other opportunities in the future.?

?Very true.? She leaned into him. ?We can foresee that without the Force.?

?Yes, we sure can.?

They stood together for a few minutes and watched the airspeeders zoom by. Then Danaé eased out of his embrace and headed toward the door. ?I?m going to help Mom,? she said. ?You coming??

Anakin glanced back over his shoulder. ?Not if I know what?s good for me.?

Danaé grinned, and waved open the door.

Ultimately his growling stomach compelled Anakin to risk joining the others in the kitchen, where he quickly appraised the situation. Bryon and Sarré were huddled in a conversation at the small table. Padmé and Danaé moved with nearly frantic efficiency to prepare a truly impressive feast. Neither the twins nor their lovers were anywhere to be found. Anakin concluded it was best if he just started ferrying the serving dishes to the dining room.

It was on his third trip back into the kitchen when Leia burst through the opposite door. All eyes in the room shot to his daughter. Her hair and skin were damp from a shower, and she hurriedly tucked her shirt into her trousers. Anakin wondered if he?d ever seen Leia this flustered.

He smiled his best innocent smile. ?Good morning, Leia.?

?Good morning, dear,? Padmé added from behind him. He didn?t need the Force to feel his wife?s gaze digging into his back like a vibroblade.

?Sorry,? Leia said as she sat down next to Bryon and immediately began to fold the napkins he and Sarré had forgotten about. ?I? uh?

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    :eek: *snags place in line and goes back to read* :D

EDIT: Oh, this is great! What a fantastic slice of ordinary (as ordinary as it gets for the Skywalkers, anyway :p ) family life. :D It feels very genuine. :)

?It seems Leia forgot to set her morning chimes. Her? guest? has yet to make his escape.?

Danaé burst out laughing, loudly and happily. ?Since when do you pass up an opportunity like this??

Anakin laughed too. ?Since I was threatened with an Executive Order by the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Her Excellency was most insistent on the matter.?

?You must be so disappointed.?

?I am.? Anakin wrapped an arm around his daughter?s shoulders. ?But this is Leia we?re talking about. It?s not as though I won?t have plenty of other opportunities in the future.?

ROTFLOL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] What torture for Anakin, and yet I can so clearly see Padmé threatening him. :p

It was on his third trip back into the kitchen when Leia burst through the opposite door. All eyes in the room shot to his daughter. Her hair and skin were damp from a shower, and she hurriedly tucked her shirt into her trousers. Anakin wondered if he?d ever seen Leia this flustered.

He smiled his best innocent smile. ?Good morning, Leia.?

Innocent, yeah. :rolleyes: I hope he's gotten better at faking innocent smiles since AotC. :p

?Tell me, Leia,? said Sarré with a mischievous grin, ?did you and Han have a good time last night??

?Yes? We? did,? Leia replied. Her eyes were darting around the room ? everywhere except where Anakin stood.

?So,? Sarré pressed, ?start talking, Senator.?

:eek: Sarré, you traitor! That's mean. :p

Even as the urge to join in Leia?s torment formed in his mind, Padmé?s heel ground into Anakin?s foot. Only his Jedi willpower kept him from yelping in pain ? or rather in shock that she?d managed to sneak up on him like that. He glanced down at his wife, but she only batted her eyelashes at him before turning back to her work at the counter.

LOL! I love Padmé. :cool: (Side note: I've never known a single woman who could bat her eyes really well - but I did work with a guy who did it fantastically. Now I'm trying to superimpose Damien's eye-batting over Padmé's face, and it's, um, interesting. :p )

?Master Anakin!? Threepio?s voice broke the silence. Anakin hadn?t even realized the others had stopped talking and were looking at Luke and him intently. ?Master Anakin, there is something I must ??

?Not now, Threepio,? Anakin said, cutting off the protocol droid without taking his eyes from his son. ?That doesn?t sound very convincing to me, Luke.?

*grins* Makes me think of the way Han treated poor Threepio in ESB. But beyond that, Anakin is so perfectly the stern father here. It's great. :D

And of course Threepio himself is written perfectly, and I haven't seen a whole lot of writers accomplish that. Very nice indeed. :cool:

See you next Monday for Missing Scene # 2: Adventures in Jedi Babysitting (Chapter Seven)

Hee hee! *resists urge to bounce with glee* :p

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Snags 2nd place in line:

Will comment in a mo...

EDIT:

Okay, the moment was longer than I thought it would be, but it's hard for me to post when I have a screaming 3 month old in my arms (YOU know, don't you, Lexie? :p )

In any case, onto the post:

I agree with my twin. This was a really wonderful slice of life in the Skywalker household. Although scenes like that don't really 'move' plot along, they're truly enjoyable to read and give so much more depth to each character's personality.

I loved how Padme was able to sneak up under Anakin's shields and get him in the leg! [face_laughs]

Great that you're still supplying us with these extra tidbits. Thanks!

Hope all is well with Baby Lex and Mrs. Lex :)

4. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    Wonderful post, well worth the wait.
    I'd have to agree, it may not move the plot along but it's a very nice, rich family moment.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A great missing scene! I can't wait for more!

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, poor Anakin, his fun was taking all away because of Padme. He couldn't torture his kids.

I liked the missing scene though I would have loved to have seen their faces when Threepio announced the Lady Vader was gone.

Can't wait for the babysitting one. That one's going to be hilarious me thinks.

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    You know I can't even keep up with the fangirls...um...evil twins...*coughLPandGabricough* for the first reply so I've stopped trying. :p You ladies are fast!!!! =D=

I think the Queens of Fast Replies will agree that it's great to see you back and posting on this story. DRL be damned! Honestly I know you've had it tough [:D] so kudos to you for beating back life's obstacles.

He grinned back. ?Maybe you never will. There are decisions he made, insights he found, that I still can?t figure out to this day.?

She chuckled. ?Humbling, isn?t it, Master Skywalker??

?Yes. Yes, it is.?

It must be nice for Danae to know her dad has some weaknesses/limitations and isn't afraid to admit them either.

?Since I was threatened with an Executive Order by the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Her Excellency was most insistent on the matter.?

[face_laugh] At least he knows who rules the roost! Go ladies! Go ladies! [face_dancing] Who's your queen? :p I always said deference to the lady-in-charge is so appealing. [face_mischief] Well of course I would :p

?Tell me, Leia,? said Sarré with a mischievous grin, ?did you and Han have a good time last night??

?Yes? We? did,? Leia replied. Her eyes were darting around the room ? everywhere except where Anakin stood.

?So,? Sarré pressed, ?start talking, Senator.?

You know I am not inclined to like the other woman but this time she was actually funny [face_laugh] :D :) [face_plain]

?Master Anakin,? Threepio said again, ?Artoo insisted I report to you immediately.?

Anakin glanced up sharply. That was another matter entirely. ?What is it??

*slaps knee* Poor Threepio!

I have to say you're right in that the scene didn't add to the story but it was fun to have a looksie at the Skywalker family. Great dynamics; fantastic post!

Welcome back, my friend.

8. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

I'm a fangirl? :eek:

That sounds so...teenybopperish...

Considering that my teen years are waaaaay behind me...

I do like the title Queen of Fast Replies (I try hard! And might pause here to say this posting schedule on COJF isn't working for me! I can't get a pattern to this!!! :p )

Anyway, I agree that it's great to see you writing on this thread again, Lex =D=

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    LP: I'm a fangirl?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Man I knew I'd get a rise! [face_mischief] [face_mischief] Just color me green with envy that I can't be as quick to the post as you, LP. It's my ubercompetitive self coming out... O:)

[:D] Admittedly I need somebody to razz :p (can't be mean to AuthorBoy quite yet - at least not until he recovers from DRL and Jedi Real Life - and my gemela aka evil twin has succumbed to DRL as well)

That sounds so...teenybopperish...
    [whispers]*Just humor me, trying to make AB feel special*[/whispers] ;) ;)

Considering that my teen years are waaaaay behind me...
    Heck I forgot mine! Except if you're talking number of years since college which are well into the teens.

I do like the title Queen of Fast Replies (I try hard! And might pause here to say this posting schedule on COJF isn't working for me! I can't get a pattern to this!!! )
    AHA! We're just messing with you. Keeping you on your toes, missy. Considering that the post for tomorrow is literally sitting on go and DRL has taken his seat for this week it's a safe bet you will see one early tomorrow. (Trust me if this were solely Lex's gig they would all be ready five days early [face_worried])

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

AHA! We're just messing with you. Keeping you on your toes, missy.

:mad: Grrrr..... :mad:

Dagnabbit!!!

* Goes back to watching baseball *

11. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    LOL! [:D] for my evil twin and TKL. :* I don't mind being a fangirl now and then. ;) In fact, ask LP and Lex how totally fangirlish and bouncy I was over their victories in the last SFFA. If we'd been in the same room when I saw those awards, I'd have knocked them both over with tackle hugs. :p And since I'm the youngest of this group, I do happen to remember my teenage years. [face_batting]

Besides, you're both just jealous that you didn't get the first reply. [face_batting]

(Agreed that it's great to see you posting, Lex. ;) :D *skedaddles before LP or TKL can thwack* :eek: )

12. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

And since I'm the youngest of this group, I do happen to remember my teenage years.

:eek:

* fingers four-pronged cane *

You think being an Evil Twin protects you? :eek:

* Lex, looks like the fangirls have taken over your thread! ;) *

13. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    You think being an Evil Twin protects you?

Would I have skedaddled if I thought that? :p

* Lex, looks like the fangirls have taken over your thread!*

Pfft. He's a guy. He loves the attention. :p

*runs off again*

14. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Lex--- Welcome back! As to the first missing scene...The thing that I love the most about it is someting subtle.

That is the sense that everyone in the room is waiting for the 'zinger' from Anakin, perhaps even with breathless anticipation. Great work! See you for the next.

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Coming next spring?

ATTACK OF THE FANGIRLS

Heck who needs Episode 3 :p

LadyPadme: Dagnabbit!!!
    Ha! It?s working. (Now maybe you?ll slow down so I can catch up on Phoenix [face_praying] )

* Goes back to watching baseball *
    GO MARLINS! [face_dancing]

[face_blush] Oops?wrong team!

You think being an Evil Twin protects you?
    It most certainly does not?

*joins LP sneaking up on the baby twin*

Hey, I kinda like that name. :D

Gabri: I don't mind being a fangirl now and then.
    Me neither. [face_love] I was a Luke fangirl at the age of 8! I thought Dorwalker was the hottest thing since the summer I had spent in Kansas.

In fact, ask LP and Lex how totally fangirlish and bouncy I was over their victories in the last SFFA. If we'd been in the same room when I saw those awards, I'd have knocked them both over with tackle hugs.
    Like this *TKL gets a running start* [:D] [face_worried] [:D] :eek: [:D] [face_squished]

And since I'm the youngest of this group, I do happen to remember my teenage years.
    :mad: Hey hey! No going there, Missy! That?s low :mad:

Besides, you're both just jealous that you didn't get the first reply.
    Did I deny it? O:)

*skedaddles before LP or TKL can thwack*
    Yeah you better?

Pfft. He's a guy. He loves the attention.
    Ha and you don?t even know the half of it :p

*joins BabyTwin in running off again and whacks her once for good measure over that age remark*

BabyTwin, one day ask Lexie about a oh-so innocent remark on his thread about older women. He has yet to live that one day. I make him pay for it daily.

On that note, I got carded the other day. That counts for something right? [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

16. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Coming next spring?

ATTACK OF THE FANGIRLS

Heck who needs Episode 3

Ain't it the truth? :p

*joins LP sneaking up on the baby twin*

Hey, I kinda like that name.

Me too. :D

I was a Luke fangirl at the age of 8! I thought Dorwalker was the hottest thing since the summer I had spent in Kansas.

Despite his Dorkwalker status, Luke is pretty hot. [face_love] Although he still pales in comparison to Obi-Wan . . . [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Like this *TKL gets a running start*

Whoa! :eek: Yeah, something like that . . . :eek: *dodges*

Hey hey! No going there, Missy! That?s low

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. [face_batting]

Besides, you're both just jealous that you didn't get the first reply.
    Did I deny it?

Nope, and I admire your honesty. ;)

*skedaddles before LP or TKL can thwack*
    Yeah you better?

:eek:

Pfft. He's a guy. He loves the attention.
    Ha and you don?t even know the half of it

I believe it. :p

*joins BabyTwin in running off again and whacks her once for good measure over that age remark*

*rubs head*

BabyTwin, one day ask Lexie about a oh-so innocent remark on his thread about older women. He has yet to live that one day. I make him pay for it daily.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, I PMed him and told him that you would do so as soon as I saw it. :p It's those male genetics again. Being whacked over the head is better than no attention at all. :p

On that note, I got carded the other day. That counts for something right?

Darned straight! No one ever cards me any more. I find that somewhat depressing, since I'd better still look under 30. :eek:

*glances at clock* ARGH! Morning shifts . . . :mad:

*runs*

17. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I've been missing for a while...but I couldn't resist reading the ending.....
    In a word
    PERFECTION!

18. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I was going to reply sooner, but I couldn't get a word in between all the fangirls you have here.

Poor Anakin can't even have fun in his own house with his own daughter. He should be aloud to give Han a hard time now and then.

Does everyone tell Threepio "Not now"?

Love the missing scenes.

*green_eyes*

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I was wondering when the missing moments would be arriving. I've missed reading this stuff.

At least I missed the young fangirls. Kids these days. :p

20. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Anakin wrapped an arm around his daughter?s shoulders. ?But this is Leia we?re talking about. It?s not as though I won?t have plenty of other opportunities in the future.?

That's sweet but it's also kind of sad since we know that for him there aren't going to be those opportunities.

I don't care if it doesn't work so well with the pacing I like the family interaction that we get so little of because they scatter so fast.

21. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great missing scene, Lex. I imagine breakfast around the Skywalker household was pretty lively, with or without 'guests.' Sad that this was probably the last one they had together.

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks so much for the replies, everyone! :D :D

It's good to be back. :cool:

Unfortunately DRL stole my replies writing time today, but I promise to return with replies (I'll edit them in here) tomorrow. ;)

In the meantime..... Another post! [face_dancing]

Gabri: What torture for Anakin, and yet I can so clearly see Padmé threatening him. So true! I think we all know who wears the metaphorical pants in that relationship. ;) I hope he's gotten better at faking innocent smiles since AotC. And better at the pickup lines too, hopefully. :p Makes me think of the way Han treated poor Threepio in ESB. Exactly! I think Anakin would have about as much patience as Han for Threepio by this point. Besides, you're both just jealous that you didn't get the first reply. :rolleyes: *thwack*
    LP: Although scenes like that don't really 'move' plot along, they're truly enjoyable to read and give so much more depth to each character's personality. Thanks! :D I agree they wouldn?t really fit the regular story but they?re really fun as outtakes. I loved how Padme was able to sneak up under Anakin's shields and get him in the leg! Poor Anakin! He?s just defenseless against her, isn?t he? ;) I'm a fangirl? I?m afraid so. [face_somber] Lex, looks like the fangirls have taken over your thread! I could do worse. :cool:
    Starrunner: Thanks! :) Glad you liked the scene!
    VaderLVR: Thanks! :)
    Bulldog: He couldn't torture his kids. I know! How could Padmé be so mean to him? :p
    TKL: Honestly I know you've had it tough so kudos to you for beating back life's obstacles. Thanks, my evil partner. Right back at you. [:D] It must be nice for Danae to know her dad has some weaknesses/limitations and isn't afraid to admit them either. Definitely. As a young man he wouldn?t have admitted those limitations but by now he is wise enough to understand them. I always said deference to the lady-in-charge is so appealing. Deference has its payoffs, that?s for sure. ;) You know I am not inclined to like the other woman but this time she was actually funny Wow! Coming from you that?s really saying something! Thanks! :cool: I thought Dorkwalker was the hottest thing since the summer I had spent in Kansas. Then there was the day you found Jagged Fel? =P~ =P~ [whispers]*Just humor me, trying to make AB feel special*[/whispers] Hey! I heard that! [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh] Ha and you don?t even know the half of it Half of what? O:) I make him pay for it daily. That is true. [face_blush]
    GunraysLawyer: That is the sense that everyone in the room is waiting for the 'zinger' from Anakin And you know they?re all disappointed when it never happens. :p
    FAB: Great to see you! :D And thanks ? I?m glad you liked the ending.
    green_eyes: Poor Anakin can't even have fun in his own house with his own daughter. Isn?t it terrible? [face_laugh] Does everyone tell Threepio "Not now"? Yep. Too good to pass up, really.
    RebelMom: Thanks! :) Kids these days. I know! These young ladies are too much for me, I?m afraid. [face_blush]
    Vorquellyn: That's sweet but it's also kind of sad since we know that for him there aren't going to be those opportunities. Yeah, that?s true? :( Still, the moment was a happy one even if he didn?t get to torment Leia. ;)
    Jedi-2B: Sad that this was probably the last one they had together. Yes, in my mind it was? After the ball straight to the mission? :(

Thanks again for all the great feedback, everyone! :D And who knew I had such timid fangirls, afraid to open up and make their presence known? :p At least now I know they?re here. :cool:

23. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    POF Missing Scene # 2: Adventures in Jedi Babysitting (Chapter Seven)

Author's Commentary: The title alone was just too good to pass up.

Aayla Secura closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath to clear her mind and calm her spirit. She always had thought that the Jedi Order?s ancient rule prohibiting attachments ? now enforced less rigorously but nevertheless still a firm admonition that attachments required the greatest seriousness and serenity ? had been instituted to prevent the partiality, fear, or vengeance that too easily could lead to the dark side. Today she was beginning to wonder if the rule had more mundane origins: attachments would lead to reproduction, which would lead to parenthood, which would lead to insanity.

She wasn?t entirely sure, but she didn?t think she?d gone insane ? yet.

Never in her life had Aayla respected Anakin Skywalker more than she did in this moment. And that was saying something.

?Barriss? Hurry it up!?

?I?m going as fast as I can,? her best friend replied from the next room. ?It?s almost ready.?

Unfortunately, ?almost? would do nothing to placate their young charge.

Aayla scooped up Nyklas Skywalker from where he lay in the basinet. The baby boy was shrieking at the top of his lungs and flailing his four limbs with wild fury, and nothing they had tried had calmed him. With all other options exhausted, Barriss had gone to prepare another bottle.

The wait had lasted an eternity.

Aayla rocked Nyklas gently in her arms and softly sang an old Twi?lek lullaby. It didn?t do any more good this time than it had the last four times she?d tried it, but it was better than standing there doing nothing. At least that?s what she was telling herself.

?All right,? Barriss said, marching back into the bedroom with a triumphant grin on her face. ?It?s ready!?

Aayla sighed with relief, and rearranged Nyklas in her arms. She took the bottle from Barriss and offered it to the screeching child. In an instant he began to consume the warm liquid.

Aayla met Barriss? gaze. Never in their lives had silence sounded so wonderful.

Silence that was doomed to last for only the briefest of moments.

Nyklas tore his mouth away from the bottle and began to wail once more. Aayla offered him the food again, and he drank a bit. Then he cried. Then ate. Then cried.

Aayla frowned. ?Are you sure it?s not too hot??

?I?m sure.?

?Maybe it?s too cold.?

?It?s not.?

?Maybe ??

Barriss shot her a teasing glare. ?Maybe I can be trusted to follow Anakin?s instructions correctly??

?I suppose so,? Aayla said, frowning again. ?Can you believe he raised four of these??

?Aayla? He?s not an animal.?

?I?m not so sure.?

Barriss laughed. ?Here, let me try.?

Gladly Aayla passed the whimpering boy to her friend. Barriss tried to feed Nyklas again, but it didn?t work any better than before.

Aayla chuckled. ?You?re positive we can?t just induce him into a Force trance??

?Yes.? Barriss scowled at her. ?Unless you want to risk Anakin inducing you into a permanent one.?

?Fair point.?

?I?m sure he?ll take to this if we just give him a few more ??

Barriss didn?t get out another word before Nyklas seized the bottle in his tiny hands and flung it to the floor. The top popped off, and liquid spilled everywhere.

Nyklas shrieked.

Barriss glared down at the baby boy in her arms. ?You little Sith.?

?I?ll get this,? Aayla said, pointing to the mess on the floor. ?You make him up another bottle.?

Barriss nodded. She set Nyklas down in the basinet and hurried out of the bedroom.

Aayla slung the towel off her shoulder and began to wipe up the spilled liquid. In the basinet Nyklas continued to scream at the top of his lungs. Aayla looked up at him. ?Hey.?

For a moment he stopped crying and looked back at her.

?It?s your own fault you lost your food.?

Nyklas blinked, then began to screech again.

?Shush, baby,? Aayla whispered as gently as she could manage. ?It?ll be a

24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Mine!

*scurries off to hit post button and see if she won da race*

EDIT: I guess I had better prove that I read this?

Adventures in Babysitting
    I am glad you were duly inspired to write this. Brilliant ideas come from the most unsuspecting places [face_mischief]

Aayla Secura closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath to clear her mind and calm her spirit. She always had thought that the Jedi Order?s ancient rule prohibiting attachments ? now enforced less rigorously but nevertheless still a firm admonition that attachments required the greatest seriousness and serenity ? had been instituted to prevent the partiality, fear, or vengeance that too easily could lead to the dark side. Today she was beginning to wonder if the rule had more mundane origins: attachments would lead to reproduction, which would lead to parenthood, which would lead to insanity.

She wasn?t entirely sure, but she didn?t think she?d gone insane ? yet.

Just classic irreverent Star Wars at its best. =D= Great opener. But you knew that :p

Aayla sighed with relief, and rearranged Nyklas in her arms. She took the bottle from Barriss and offered it to the screeching child. In an instant he began to consume the warm liquid.

Aayla met Barriss? gaze. Never in their lives had silence sounded so wonderful.

Hey it?s Jedi Real Life! :D

Aayla frowned. ?Are you sure it?s not too hot??

?I?m sure.?

?Maybe it?s too cold.?

?It?s not.?

?Maybe ??

Barriss shot her a teasing glare. ?Maybe I can be trusted to follow Anakin?s instructions correctly??

Heehee! [face_laugh] Been there; done that. *blows bangs*

?I suppose so,? Aayla said, frowning again. ?Can you believe he raised four of these??
    ROTFLMAO ? These?

?You little Sith.?
    Oh my! The very first time I read that I lost my coke out the nose. Really one of your best lines ? ever. And if they only knew? [face_mischief]

?Well, I just thought I?d try ? Oh!? The tickling sensation was so shocking it felt like Aayla?s lekku were trying to leap right off her head.
    I just get this brilliant image of Aayla?s blue lekku dancing in the air. If they did this in the cartoons can you just imagine? I?m laughing so hard I am crying!

LadyPadme: * Darn and double fudge! *
    Well that?s inventive?but of course we don?t want to teach the little mimicking savages any more things that would embarrass Mommy in public :p [face_laugh]

* protests at TKL having insider information from her co-author *
    Unfortunately this has become a game to win at all costs. I have no doubt you and BabyTwin are a weeeee bit competitive. [face_thinking] *recalls some Pirate?s Day competition*

Gabri_Jade: Beaten by them BOTH! Darned work!
    See point made! Very competitive?

And that use of insider information is just evil.
    Shame on me O:)

Note to self: Be prepared to play dirty in this game
    Hey Lexie you may get that BBB after all [face_mischief] =P~

25. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    attachments would lead to reproduction, which would lead to parenthood, which would lead to insanity.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Spoken like a true parent!

?You little Sith.?
    I'll have to remember that one. That is hysterical.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?You?re positive we can?t just induce him into a Force trance??

?Yes.? Barriss scowled at her. ?Unless you want to risk Anakin inducing you into a permanent one.?

Although a force trance is a great idea. Maybe Anakin will never have to know. lol

Bad Jedi...teaching that innocent baby how to force tickle.

I love the missing scenes.
    I can't wait for more.

*green_eyes*

EDIT: I actually won the race TKL. I actually read the post before I posted my reply, and still got in second. [face_dancing]
    wonder where all the fan girls are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.