main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    she was not about to let the expectations and protocols of her position keep her from doing whatever it took to win Han?s freedom.

You go girl! Get in there and rescue your man! Had to smile at her not needing an interpreter. Of course she knows Huttese - she?s a Skywalker. Don?t get too excited yet, Leia. I?m sure the hard part is yet to come.

?I?m a Jedi. You can trust me.?

I love this ? the little girl?s reaction to Danaé?s saber ? instant trust. That?s what I always thought the Jedi were, officers for peace who could be trusted implicitly no matter the circumstance. Its good to see them portrayed that way. And Danaé bribing the clerk?that just struck me as so like her father.

2. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great Post Darth! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post! :D :eek: I was right! It was Leia! It's amazing!!! :p Can't wait until they get Han outta that dump. [face_plain] Go Danaé!!! :D She is sooo cool! :) hehe. Can't wait for Monday! :D

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Despite the year that had passed since then, however, not for a moment had Leia felt her love for Han waver. There was something about him ? something she could not even attempt to explain ? that told her a pure and bright truth of their destiny to be together.

Nicely put! I like seeing Leia's reflections while she's posing as Boushh. :) And I love the change of threat that she poses to Jabba. A blaster and a modified droideka shield make much more sense than a thermal detonator. :D

?I accept,? she said, lowering her weapon and wondering mildly whether the modulator would convey the distinct tone of triumph in her voice. Thirty-five thousand was enough to upgrade the Falcon, take an amazing vacation to celebrate Han?s freedom, and still have plenty left over.

LOL! What a wonderfully pragmatic point of view. :p

Nice to see Danaé in action too. She seems quite focused and mature. :) Still waiting anxiously for Luke to arrive on the scene, though. ;)

5. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Leia in the Boushh disguise once again...is the slave girl bikini far behind?

Nice job writing from Leia's perspective and why she went to rescue Han. I think her reasoning rings true even for canon.

--MissPadme

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Thirty-five thousand was enough to upgrade the Falcon, take an amazing vacation to celebrate Han?s freedom, and still have plenty left over.

For some reason that line made me laugh my head off. [face_laugh]

Well JJ you were right after all ;)

Excellent post Lex. Can't wait for Monday :)

7. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Absolutely wonderful post! Hope we get to see the reunion soon! :) Keep up the great work! :D

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post Lex

I like looking on Leia's thoughts while she was leading Chewie in. And that modified shield and blaster was a better idea then blowing oneself up. I wonder if Leia had half wanted Jabba to refuse so she could shoot him.

That was sweet of Danae to give that girl those fruit. It's nice to help people out like that.

9. Jedi-Ander

Jedi-Ander Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2004
    With her free hand Danaé drew out the side of her vest just enough so the girl could see the glittering silver lightsaber handle in the holster along her side. ?It?s okay,? she smiled. ?I?m a Jedi. You can trust me.?

I may be a little confused, but isn't Danaé behind enemy lines, as it were? Isn't she on a covert mission? It's probably not a good idea to advertise her presence like that.

10. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Very good insight of Leia, Lex, her thoughts and feelings for Han.

And very good description of Han:
    He was reckless yet unnervingly poised. Insubordinate yet loyal. Crazed yet focused. Sarcastic yet sincere. But Leia had figured out one part of Han almost immediately ? he did not easily give himself in friendship or love, but when he did those bonds were indestructible. She had seen it in his connections to Chewie and Lando ? and in his eyes when he looked at her.
    Indeed, very good!

I liked the idea of Mara warning Leia about the trap door to the rancor. Will she manage to warn Luke too, or will we have the rancor scene? I know, I know, you are not going to answer, but I couldn?t prevent myself asking. ;) And knowing you... :_|

And Danaé Poirot... [face_laugh] was a great idea! ;)
    Things seems to be right with her, but again knowing you... I have a bad feeling about what is coming for her. :(

I?ll answer to the other comments, yours, Geo3's and GunraysLawyer's later. English is not so easy for me to understand and all these are quite long for me, so I?ll have to save it to the disc and read it with a dictionary?s help. ;)

Till then... :)

11. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    My point, someone has got to stand up and sound the call to action when confronted with evil. Sometimes, that will be a lonely job, and the superstructure of a society which generally appears to ignore such issues isn't necessarily any better a place to make such a decision than the heart and soul of the guy on the ground.

I had to comment on this....I agree that we cannot just allow evil to continue because we're afraid of "offending" someone or because everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's just wrong! There are some things that will always be wrong and you can see it by looking at history. The societies that have given way to the evil always collapse. Without moral standards a civilization will fall to be replaced by another. WWII is a perfect example. The allies allowed Hitler to conquer several countries, without resistance, always believing he wouldn't possilbly go any farther. But he had given up on moral standards and intended to go as far as he could. The allies were functioning with some sort of moral standard and simple couldn't concieve of his plan of action without one. Only a few, like Churchill, were willing to say that Hitler needed to be stood up to from the beginning. Churchill was practically run out of town by his fellow PMs, but he was willing to say no more. You can't let the bully have his way, because he's never content, he must be stood upto in order to be stopped.

Ok, enough rambling from me....I'm not as eloquent as GunraysLawyer . 8-}

Great post, Lex ! I'm enjoying this new spin on the palace scene and am loking forward to how it plays out. :D

Are you sure you can't post any more often? ;)

12. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I'm here!

Finally [face_plain]

A disturbingly pale-skinned male Twi?lek

I don't know why I just liked that description :)

A Galactic Senator did not infiltrate a gangster?s compound to liberate prisoners. It simply was not done. No kidding! I wonder if there are going to be repurcussions eventually. Hmmm ?[face_plain]

And in that time Han Solo had stolen her heart. What a scoundrel [face_love]

Barely more than a standard day later Han was gone. I guess it was that short. Aye yaiyai :_| Lexie you are so mean to her. Evil author you [face_devil]

In many ways Han was a puzzle ? a puzzle that she knew would take decades to solve, if she ever did. He was reckless yet unnervingly poised. Insubordinate yet loyal. Crazed yet focused. Sarcastic yet sincere. But Leia had figured out one part of Han almost immediately ? he did not easily give himself in friendship or love, but when he did those bonds were indestructible. Han Han he's our man! [face_love] I loved the way you described him because it was exactly how I see him as a character. GMTA.

It had taken Luke several weeks to rebuild and modify an old droideka?s blaster shield until it worked the way they needed it to. Need little twist ;)

With her free hand Danaé drew out the side of her vest just enough so the girl could see the glittering silver lightsaber handle in the holster along her side. ?It?s okay,? she smiled. ?I?m a Jedi. You can trust me.? I just have my doubts as to whether that was the wisest decision...

Still, though, it didn?t seem fair to invade an innocent person?s mind like that. Danaé took a deep breath and kept running. Just because it was the right decision didn?t mean she had to like it. S'okay Danaé. Don't sweat the small stuff :D

Fun post now where's Bryon [face_love] ?[face_plain]

13. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great posts, Lex. I love the droid humor (it's Breezy trying to shut me down! :p ) and the re-enactment of the ROTJ scene. :)

14. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Can't wait to see how the rescue of Han goes!

I liked the scene with Danae. It was very well written. She knows what she has to do, and does it, but still feels, on some level, that even though it was necessary it wasn't completely right. That's what I like about Danae. She has morals, but doesn't always let them stand in her way.

15. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    leia_naberrie: That was just plain mean, Artoo! I think Threepio deserved it, though. :D Chin up, Mara. The night always seems darkest just before it goes completely black... :eek: What are you suggesting? Oh dear? I remember that! One of the high-points of HAD for me! You mean the fight scene? Or Han getting beaten up? I know you?re an evil reader sometimes so I?m afraid to ask? Poor guy? :( I?m really getting caught up in Danaé?s mission. More to come? It was a fun little subplot to right, for sure.
    RebelMom: Leia is doing the bounty hunter gig again, huh? Hope it works better than last time. Yeah, being chained to Jabba is probably not high on her list of desirable outcomes to this part of the mission? :p I can understand her feelings. When the right guy comes along, you know instantly - at least I did. I?m glad you can relate. [face_love]
    Jedi-2B: Amen to that. It didn't take Leia nearly as long this time around to fall in love with Han. No, it didn?t, although this time she didn?t have the same kind of fear of commitment obstacles from canon (and lots of great fanfics). Plus, having her parents as an example probably lowers her expectations of how long it takes to fall in love. [face_laugh] Blowing yourself up along with your enemies never did seem like a good plan. No kidding. It?s like a big game of Chicken ? and Jabba might just be crazy enough to test her willpower?
    DANA28: "Someone who loves you" I love that line. I guess we'll get to that in the next chapter. I do have a high bar to meet in writing a reunion that lives up to the one in ROTJ? I?ll do my best, though. :) (And, no, it?s not in chapter two.)
    Reihla: You go girl! Get in there and rescue your man! She?s her mother?s daughter, with her father?s influence too? Yeah, she?s not gonna sit this one out ? no way. :D Had to smile at her not needing an interpreter. Of course she knows Huttese - she?s a Skywalker. Yep. Means she knows lots of good curses, too. [face_devil] That?s what I always thought the Jedi were, officers for peace who could be trusted implicitly no matter the circumstance. Its good to see them portrayed that way. Thanks. I?m sure there were places in the Old Republic where Jedi weren?t trusted so much, but in the aftermath of a planet being retaken from the enemy I?d think they?d be a welcome sight ? especially to a child. I?m glad you think this scene worked. And Danaé bribing the clerk?that just struck me as so like her father. Yeah, just cut to the chase ? no dawdling. I agree. :)
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! :D
    J&J: I was right! It was Leia! It's amazing!!! See? Sometimes I?m more predictable than I might seem. ;) Go Danaé!!! I think you?ll like her in the next post too, then.
    Gabri: I like seeing Leia's reflections while she's posing as Boushh. Thanks. I felt like I had more work to do explaining her emotions than in canon, where she?d known Han much longer. And I love the change of threat that she poses to Jabba. A blaster and a modified droideka shield make much more sense than a thermal detonator. I thought so too. Not risk free, but at least she?s less likely to accidentally blow herself up. :p She seems quite focused and mature. For now? She?s still her father?s daughter? Still waiting anxiously for Luke to arrive on the scene, though. Think of this as a good time to practice your Jedi patience. [face_mischief]
    MissPadme: is the slave girl bikini far behind? Or does Mara get the honors this time? [face_love] I think her reasoning rings true even for canon. Thanks! I?d hoped it would seem credible. I suppose she did feel much the same way in canon once she admitted her feelings for him, although she?d been bickering with him for three years at that point. :cool:
    Shinar: For some reason that line made me laugh my head off. Well, Leia may have an adventuresome streak, but at heart she?s still a princess. :)
    LovelyLea: H

16. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    And now some thoughts:
    (Anybody bored feel free to skip it. As I warned our dear author many times, never start a discussion about politics with a Greek. They never stop, :D it's their favourite subject.)

The last article of our constitution (It?s number is 120 in today?s constitution and 114 in that we had before the dictatorship) says that the observance of the constitution trusted in the patriotism of the Greeks.

I don?t know if you have something like that, but in my country, the youths of the first half of the sixties is still known as the generation of one-one-four after their straggle (demonstrations and protests) against situations where our republic system was attacked with constitution principles? violations by our supreme governor ?a king at that time- mainly, but by others too, our republic became corrupt, events that led finally to a dictatorship in 1967. :( The dictators claimed that they came to save us from the chaos we had with the demonstrations and the protests against corrupt goverments.

You, in US, never face events like this, as other countries ?Greece, Portugal, Chile, Spain for the longest time- did, at those years of the Cold War. And although I was a child in 1967, growing in such a political situation made me consider a lot about the right of an individual to defend sometimes the things he or she feels right.

I certainly agree with the principle of the majority and of course I believe that the decision of the many is better than the decision of the one. But what majority comes from a twelve person?s council which is probably has the truth by apocalypse, in the ways of a mystic religion more, than a logical decision that comes as a verdict from ?agora? where everybody has the right of ?agoreuein? (=speaking)? And where all the decisions started with the phrase: It seems right to ?Vouli? and to ?Demos?. {Vouli(=parliament) and Demos(=people, citizens), (Democracy comes out of Demos)} This is not just a phrase that was chosen by luck, it shows directly that it is a decision that is made from people, not some eternal truth unveiled by some god or by some mysterious ?force?. And all the people have decided this together, not that just 12.

Too Western you are, master Yoda would say. ;) And indeed, I am. All these ?eastern philosophies? fascinate me, but when it comes to the matters of decision for the ?common things? as politics is said to my language, I am without any doubt a child of my civilization, I am definitely a Greek. :cool:

Too much for this, I think. But you allow me that, since tomorrow is an election day here. And I must admit, one of the most interesting elections in the last thirty years. G. Papandreou is really his father?s son and his grandfather?s grandson. He managed to arouse so much questions and talking ?not that the Greeks need a lot for this! ;) And being in the spirit of the days... :D

Till Monday, with a new government...
    Let?s hope that will prove itself to be really new...

Edit:
    I guess that?s right ? I wanted to give her a mission sort of like Obi-Wan?s in AOTC.
    I just hope she won't end captured by someone and have others to come to resque her as Obi... ;)

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Danaé is on a covert mission, but she?s on a planet that?s now back in Republic control (although enemy agents were still there until very recently).

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. :)

18. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I know you?re an evil reader sometimes so I?m afraid to ask?

You should be afraid... You should be very afraid...

[cackles evilly]

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

19. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    But Leia was not any Senator, and she was not about to let the expectations and protocols of her position keep her from doing whatever it took to win Han?s freedom. She loved him. Every day without him had hurt ? more than she had ever imagined it could have. If doing this cost her reelection to the Senate, so be it. Some things in life were more important than career or fame or money.
    That's the Leia that we all know and love. [face_love] Steadfast and never swerving from a hero's path.

I'm looking forward to the rescue. So, is Luke coming? ;)

And even now Danaé felt no discomfort in the Force about her decision, no nagging doubts or pangs of guilt. So she must have done the right thing. Her conscience would have told her by now if she hadn?t.
    Undercover Danaé in action. Great stuff. She seems to have grown more confident as a Jedi. :)

Looking forward to tomorrow's post. :D

20. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Hmm. This, I like. This, I will check often.

You've got my attention. Now I want to see what's next.

21. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    JediArwen: The dictators claimed that they came to save us from the chaos we had with the demonstrations and the protests against corrupt governments. You, in US, never face events like this I don?t think we have a clause in our constitution quite like that, although there have been plenty of statements like that by many famous Americans throughout our history. We had our share of protests in the 60s as well (relating to civil rights and the Vietnam War for the most part) but nothing on the scale you saw? The unrest may have affected a few elections but compared to Greece it was nothing. Lucky for us. ;) This is not just a phrase that was chosen by luck, it shows directly that it is a decision that is made from people, not some eternal truth unveiled by some god or by some mysterious ?force?. And all the people have decided this together, not that just 12. This is a very good point ? the Jedi Council certainly is not a very democratic body, and they seem guided by their consciences and meditations, not (necessarily) what?s best for the people of the Republic. At least the Jedi serve the Senate ? although considering how corrupt the Senate was in TPM and AOTC you have to wonder if that?s worth anything. :( when it comes to the matters of decision for the ?common things? as politics is said to my language, I am without any doubt a child of my civilization, I am definitely a Greek. So am I, then, as most Americans are. :D As Churchill said, democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others. :p (p.s. I saw on the news this morning that the nephew beat the son/grandson? Hope that all works out. :cool: )
    Knight-Ander: You?re welcome. ;)
    leia_naberrie: I am. *shivers* :p
    Red: That's the Leia that we all know and love. She really is her father?s daughter, isn?t she? I'm looking forward to the rescue. So, is Luke coming? If he can tear himself off the sofa and stop watching those darn Podraces, he will be. :p She seems to have grown more confident as a Jedi. Yeah, but I haven?t really tested her yet. [face_mischief]
    ThatCrazyRodian: Welcome! :D It?s always fun to get a new reader. ;) I?m glad you?re enjoying the story and hope you?ll stick around.

Thanks again to everyone for all the great feedback. :D Next post in a moment.

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Here?s the next post. Enjoy. :D

CHAPTER TWO (Part 2 of 3)

Reclining on the cot in his cell with his hands clasped behind his head, Han Solo sighed when he heard the rattling of the jailor?s keys and the grating scratch of metal on metal in the ancient lock. It wasn?t time for his daily meal, so that could mean one of several unpleasant possibilities was on tap for Han?s afternoon.

?Whatever you?re sellin?, I don?t want any,? he muttered under his breath.

The Rodian heaved open the massive iron door and rejoined something in his alien tongue. A second later a huge shaggy blur stumbled inside, roaring in indignation. The Rodian slammed the door closed again and locked it.

By then Han already had bolted upright on the bed. ?Chewie? Is that really you??

His oldest and dearest friend was at his side in an instant, cheering happily and scooping him up into a bone-crushing embrace that lifted him clean into the air.

?I?m glad to see you too, pal,? Han gasped. ?But would you mind letting me breathe??

Chewie dropped him unceremoniously to his feet again and slapped him on the back. The Wookiee looked him up and down and wroofed a question.

Han shrugged. ?I?ve been better,? he admitted. ?But all things considered I?m doing all right.?

His friend wrawled an unconvinced reply.

?No, really,? Han insisted. ?I?m okay. I?m good.?

Chewie nodded, patted him on the top of his head, and ruffled his hair.

Han ducked away and sat down on his cot. ?So, did a bounty hunter catch you or something??

The Wookiee folded himself cross-legged on the floor against the opposite wall, then murmured an explanation in a hushed voice.

Han?s eyebrows shot upward. ?You?re here on purpose?? Even in his surprise, he knew clearly enough to whisper his reply. ?A rescue??

Chewie nodded.

Han sprang up from the cot and sat down on the floor right next to his friend. He knew immediately it had to be a private operation ? the Navy wouldn?t come to rescue a single officer. And if they did it?d be with a huge commando team with guns blazing. This was definitely a private job. They leaned their heads in close, and Han whispered so softly he could barely hear himself. ?So it?s you and Lando??

Chewie nodded, and then said more.

?Luke? And Mara?? Han couldn?t believe it. ?They?re Jedi Knights??

Chewie muttered a grumpy retort.

?No, it?s not that I don?t have faith in them. It?s just strange to think about it.?

His friend leaned in even closer and told Han something he hadn?t expected at all.

?What?? Han almost couldn?t keep his voice quiet. ?Leia? Leia?s here??

Chewie nodded.

?You can?t be serious!?

Chewie shook his head and wrawled a confirmation.

?This isn?t funny, buddy,? Han grumbled.

The Wookiee slapped Han on the back of his head and grumbled back.

?Okay, okay,? Han said, rubbing the site of the smack with his fingers. ?You?re not lying. I just can?t believe she?s here.?

Chewie only shrugged.

Han shook his head in disbelief. ?I?m out of it for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur.?

Chewie wrapped an arm around Han?s shoulders and pulled him into a tight embrace.

There was no need to say anything more. Han knew his captivity was about to end, and there was nothing Jabba could do to stop it. Nothing at all.

Leaning his head on Chewie?s shoulder, Han closed his eyes to stifle his tears. He wasn?t going to cry in front of Chewie. Not after a year. No way. He wasn?t going to cry. Period.

And then it really sank in. Leia was here. Here. In Jabba?s palace. Leia was the Galactic Senator from Naboo. Her father was on the Jedi Council. Her mother was a powerful politician. She was rich. She was famous. She was powerful. Really powerful.

He still found it really hard to accept that she could love a guy like him.

But he couldn?t exactly deny that any more. She?d risked her own life to come and rescue him. Not strong-a

23. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Lex! Sorry I slipped back into lurker mode there for a bit. (It's not that I'm just waiting for Luke to show up, it's NOT! :p )

I loved the scenes with Leia and Han each reflecting on their feelings for one another. I think you did a great job in explaining how they fell for each other faster than they did in canon. I loved Han's disbelief that she was there gradually changing to realization that she truly does care for him that much. So sweet! And he uses the "delusions of grandeur" line! [face_laugh] That's always been one of my favorites.

I loved Padme closing her eyes as Anakin drove! Too funny! Padme's in between a rock and a hard place, isn't she? :(

Darth Vengous gets more evil with every post! I'm glad that Bryon surviving pissed her off, though! :D

Can't wait for more!

And WHEN is Luke gonna get there!? [face_impatient]

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Apologies, apologies for having been largely out of the loop this week. I didn?t have a chance to comment on last Thursday?s post, so my comments now will cover both that post and today?s.

I really appreciate the attention you have lavished on uncovering some of the depths of Han and Leia?s relationship ?both from Leia?s point of view in Part 1 of this Chapter, and Han?s in today?s post. You said it best:

A Galactic Senator did not infiltrate a gangster?s compound to liberate prisoners. It simply was not done.

And yet here she is, because her feelings for Han go deep and she has kept the flame alive for the duration of his incarceration. I really like the way you have given us a glimpse into their hearts without losing the sense that, in the end, love is a mystery that can never be explained fully. I like Han?s insecurity about deserving that love, and the way you contrast it with the cocky face he presents to the world (which you have down cold, IMHO!) Beautiful.

I loved the scene with Danaé and the girl to whom she gave her fruit, not least because it reflects back so poignantly on one of my favorite scenes in HAD ? the one in which Anakin takes time out from his Sith hunt on Naboo to rescue a young woman from an attacker ?just because he can.? There, too, the girl trusted him just because he was a Jedi, although in that case she had heard of him. Still, the parallel is exquisite and gave me great joy.

"... it didn?t seem fair to invade an innocent person?s mind like that. Danaé took a deep breath and kept running. Just because it was the right decision didn?t mean she had to like it.

I found the last line chilling. Knowing you, I suspect that this isn?t just about Danaé and the unknown girl ? the need to make difficult decisions is going to come up again, and more harshly, isn?t it?

I?m really enjoying your version of the rescue from Jabba?s palace. There?s a lot of stuff going on inside the characters as well as in the rescue itself, and that just gives it a lot more tension and depth for me. I waited and waited for the ?delusions of grandeur? line? and of course you didn?t let me down!

Now, as for Anakin and Padmé, I have to say that, Jedi or no, the whole kissing while driving thing had me a little nervous!

More seriously, you make it so clear how much those two characters rely on one another for strength and support. Can you imagine Padmé taking on this role of Chancellor without Anakin backing her up emotionally? Can you imagine him staying clear of the dark side without her? (Well, OK, yes, you can and did imagine that at the end of the last story. Whew. I?m glad they got past that.)

As for Vengeous: She could feel the power of the dark side surging in her veins and could sense the many strands of her design pulling the Chosen One and his kin into her traps. There would be no escape for them this time. Soon they would all be dead, and she would have her triumph.

I response to that I?m just going to quote Mace Windu here, lightsaber in hand: ?I don?t think so!?

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    So now we see Han's thoughts. Very good. I've never thought of Han as being emotionally sensitive. It makes sense that he'd build a hard shell. It's good to see his soft side. I love the delusions line as well.

Poor Padme. She's finding out how hard leadership can be. It's hard to accept that sometimes you have to do things you don't want to.

Darth Chickie is downright scary. She's got a cool evil demeanor. She's so confident I almost believe her. But she won't succeed. She can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.