main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: The Slave.
    Author: GKilkenny
    Timeframe: JA book #5 Begins on Melida/Daan and goes down hill from there. AU.
    Characters: Obi-Wan 13 years old at the beginning. Qui-Gon

Rating: PG. Obi angst.
    Summary: Obi-Wan is left on Melida/Daan and is betrayed by someone he
    calls a friend.

Notes: Star wars belongs to Lucas and Jedi Apprentice books
    belong to J.Watson & D Wolverton I'm just playing with them.

Chapter 1. (words in italics, are thoughts)

Consciousness came with a hammering headache. His natural impulse was to move his hands towards the offending pain. Yet, they wouldn?t obey him. His physical reflexes took over and his eyelids shot open, only to close immediately when the glare in the room made him feel quite nauseous. A prickling sensation crept up his body as awareness gradually filled him with apprehension.
    Opening his eyes hurt too much, so he assessed himself mentally. There was an injury to his head, which seemed to be causing most of the pain. Though, his arms and legs seemed lethargic and his wrists and ankles hurt, as though tied down. He collected his thoughts for a moment, yet couldn?t recall why he hurt so much, or why he?d be tied down.

He wanted to avoid opening his eyes for the moment until the nausea dissipated. He took a calming breath and stretched out with his senses. The Force was there at the edge of his perception; even so, his throbbing head overpowered the Force, keeping it just beyond his grasp.

He focussed his remaining energy to recall what he?d been doing before all this pain invaded his body. Oh Force, he felt so sick.

He risked opening his eyes again, however, this time he did it very slowly to grow accustomed to the bright lights that seemed trained directly on them. He blinked several times trying to focus. What happened to me? Unfortunately, he couldn?t move his body; even his head seemed clamped in a vice that squeezed in on him... Slowly, his vision cleared and the outline of a large figure came into focus.

A name popped into his head, Zygerian, a being with unnaturally pale and yellowish complexion was staring at him. He recognised the harsh looking red-haired, sallow-skinned human species from his cultural classes in the temple? The temple?.his memory sluggishly flowed back into his aching head. He wasn?t in the temple any more; he was on Melida/Daan.
    Obi-Wan ignored the snarly looking Zygerian and closed his eyes trying to recall what happened.

~Earlier on Melida/Daan;~

He recalled that he and his master Qui-Gon had gone to Melida/Daan to find Master Tahl. She?d been kidnapped by the waring factions on that planet and during the course of their search Obi-Wan befriended a group of young people who promised to help them find Master Tahl in exchange for their help in stopping the war. The leaders of this group were a young man named Neild and a girl about Obi-Wan?s age called Cerasi.

After a lengthy search it was Obi-Wan and Cerasi who found and rescued Master Tahl. Cerasi begged her to help them make the Elders see that this war was pointless and Tahl promised she would get word to the temple and have them send Jedi to mediate a settlement.
    They?d gone to the communication centre, but while she was sending a message the Elders attacked them and Tahl was hurt. Obi-Wan and Cerasi managed to escape with her, bringing her back to Qui-Gon.

Her injuries were serious and Qui-Gon became extremely upset and distressed when he saw her. He rushed her on board their ship and was adamant that they return to Coruscant immediately. He made it quite clear to Obi-Wan that they wouldn?t be staying to help negotiate for a peaceful settlement.

?Please Master, we can?t leave now, they have healers here, surely we can find a safe place for Master Tahl until another team of Jedi get here, if we leave now they?ll think we?re not coming back. The young are expecting us to help them!? Obi-Wan exclaimed.

?Tahl is my main concern, and she requires medical t

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Yay! You posted it!

Great start, Geri! Totally loved his confusion. Another Obi-centric fic. [face_love]

3. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Wow.
    Just wow.

Poor, poor Obi-Wan!

Qui-Gon! Come here! Closer!
    [face_beatup]
    There you go! Listen to you Padawan you should!! :mad:
    You'd better realise what's going on, soon!

Great start :D

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW what a start!!

Poor Obi was in a terrible situation.

I can understand his wanting to help and Qui-Gon's insistence Tahl's health should come first.

And now I fear Obi-Wan is going to pay a terrible price for staying behind...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Obi-Wan what's in store for him?

Will Qui-Gon come to his rescue?

Please[face_praying][face_praying]

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh this is a great start... please add me to ur pm list [face_praying]

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    A new story! [face_dancing]

I feel bad for Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon is being selfish minded.

I wonder how Obi's going to get through this. [face_worried]

Great start, can't wait to see where you take us. ;)

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Lolly_Tolly

Yes another Obi-centric fic, of course it?s an obsession of mine to keep Obi as my slave:p

Wouldn?t you be confused :confused: if you woke up in his place. But he?ll remember soon.
    Thanks my friend. :D

Qui-Gina_Jinn
    I like writing Qui-Gon as stubborn he tends to do his own thing and every one else gets hurt. But I still like making him suffer too.

KELIA WOW what a start!! Thanks.[:D]

Qui-Gon tends to put Obi-Wan in a position of danger and then has to get him out of it. I?ve added you to the list .:D

earlybird-obi-wan
    Poor Obi-Wan is right! Many terrible things are in store for him and Qui-Gon too.
    But what they are I can?t tell you[face_not_talking] and I can?t tell you if Qui-Gon comes to his rescue.[face_not_talking]
    Thanks[face_dancing]

Veloz
    Thanks a lot of angst coming up. Thanks you and you?re added to the list.[:D]

bek
    Thanks for your comments I hope you enjoy this story.[face_love]

You should feel bad for Obi he?s in deep trouble.[face_worried]
    Qui-Gon will pay the penalty for not believing in his Padawan.:oops:

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Thoughts in italics
    Chapter 2

Obi-Wan tried to remember what happened after Neild hit him, but his head hurt too much, so he opened his eyes again and the same ugly as a Hutt, Zygerian, sneered back at him.

?Who? who are you? Why am I tied down?? Obi-Wan began. However, a punch to his stomach had him gasping for air. He wheezed and gulped in a breath as he pulled at the bonds holding his wrists in their prison over his head.

?Silence boy! You don?t have permission to speak.? The Zygerian snarled, grabbing Obi-Wan?s jaw and squeezing it.

Fingers dug into Obi-Wan?s cheek?s forcing his jaw open. Muscles in Obi-Wan?s arms contracted and strained against the tight binding around his wrists, in an attempt to shove this brut away from him. Fear welled inside him because he couldn?t move and he sent out a prayer to the Force. Please, someone help me!

Yet as quickly as the man seized him, a second Zygerian screamed abuse at the first, jerking his hand away.

?Gunther, you bantha brain, don?t damage the merchandise!?

Gunther growled and folded his long arms across his chest.

Merchandise, what?s he talking about - what merchandise? Obi-Wan ran the thought through his muddled mind. He was confused and scared and he wanted to scream ?what?s going on.? His eyes darted from side to side, as far as they could in his eye sockets trying to see where he was. The walls and ceiling were made of some sort of metal and directly in front of him stood the two Zygerian?s, both leering at him.
    The cold hard feeling under his bare body gave away the fact that he was strapped to some sort of rack. His arms and legs were spreadeagled across it and from the slight vibration he could feel through the rack; he assumed he was on board a ship travelling through space. That sensation shattered his nerves; his head was in a spin and he needed answers.

The second Zygerian stepped up closer and Obi-Wan thought, ?now is my chance to get some answers.?

?Where am--?

?Silence! If you value your life my pet, you?ll keep your mouth shut and listen to me.?

Obi-Wan drew in a shaky breath as a cold hand slammed down on his chest, sending tremors down his spine. A constricting feeling settled in Obi-Wan?s throat as the hand slid up and pressed in on it. Making Obi-Wan feel extremely nauseous, he wanted to scream out ?let me go,? he wanted to use the Force and send this brute flying across the room. However, in his condition he was quite vulnerable, and he wasn?t in any position to argue. He fought back the urge to speak and he clamped his mouth shut. This wasn?t the time to upset this man and to add to his chaotic state he could feel tears fill his eyes. He gathered from their treatment of him he was in serious trouble. Obi-Wan blinked back his tears and looked at the man.

?Good, you learn quickly my pet.? He smirked; running his fingers over Obi-Wan?s flushed cheeks.

Obi-Wan cringed as the man caressed his face. The other man, Gunther ran his tongue around his lips, smiling wickedly. Obi-Wan?s body shook, and he couldn?t distinguish if it was from being so cold or from raw fear. He closed his eyes for a moment when the man stepped away from the rack; trying to control his erratic emotions and his breathing.
    A bad feeling came over him and he opened his eyes just in time to see the man returning with something black and metallic in his grasp. A flare of panic flashed through Obi-Wan?s mind; it was a slavers tagging gun. Abruptly, Obi-Wan remembered why he?d learnt about Zygerian?s, they were sadistic slavers. Native to the remote world of Zygeria these beings were heavily involved in the slavers guild, which provided a ready source of slaves as well as bounty-hunting services all over the galaxy.
    His feeble efforts to avoid the gun were in vain as the man pressed it under his ribcage and pulled the trigger. A thin electronic tag pierced Obi-Wan?s skin, lodging in his body.

?What are you doing ? let ? me - go!? Obi-Wan screamed, as his fear climbed another no

10. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    :eek: NO! How could you do this to Obi?! :_|

Come 'ere Obi! [:D] I'll kiss it better for you! :*

Wow. I've never used that emoticon before... :p

Uh, so, 50 000 credits, you say? *starts counting*

11. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    The beginning is gold. Seriously. It grips you from the very first sentence. In case it wasn't obvious: I loved that [face_love]

Poor kid. For some reason I can't stop thinking how this might influence Obi-Wan's position concerning Anakin later on when he learns the kid is a slave, too. Perhaps this might be an interesting plot-bunny for later on? ;)

Also, please keep Obi-Wan in one piece. I'm rather fond of him [:D]

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my poor Obi-Wan!

:_| :_| :_|

I'm not surprised he was sold for so little. Neild probably had to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

I can only hope someone is looking for him...

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. sigrida

sigrida Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    It seems like a beginning of a really good story! I am looking forward to reading more, hopefully you will write the next chapter soon. Good luck with writing!

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Poor kid! :(

How in the world is Qui-Gon going to find him? [face_thinking]

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    How could Neild do that to Obi?! :mad: :_|

And don't even get me started on Qui-Gon! :mad: Why, I oughta... [face_beatup]

I'm loving the start of another angst-filled, bucket-headed Qui-Gon story by Gkilkenny! [face_dancing] (Since they're your speciality! :D)

Please add me to the PM list! [face_praying] :D

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Lolly_Tolly

NO! How could you do this to Obi?! Easy I just love hurting him and then giving him comfort.[face_beatup] [:D]

He?ll need a lot of kisses before this is over.:*

Kenobism
    That was my plan. :D Straight into the action and hopefully keep it lively.[face_dancing]

Perhaps this might be an interesting plot-bunny for later on? You have given me an idea[face_idea] I must jot something down.[face_thinking]

Ok I?ll keep him alive, just.[face_mischief]

KELIA

I bet Obi-Wan get?s sick of me writing him in pain and torturing him but I can?t help myself.o_O [face_mischief]

I used Neild?s anger so he would do something stupid like selling Obi. Angry people do silly things.:mad:
    I can only hope someone is looking for him... You can hope but don?t cross your fingers.[face_not_talking] [face_worried]

sigrida
    Thanks for your support.[:D] I?ll try to keep it interesting.o_O

bek

How in the world is Qui-Gon going to find him? That's a good question?.[face_thinking] Sorry I can?t tell you.:p

Bastet

How could Neild do that to Obi?! He wasn?t
    thinking straight.8-}
    And don't even get me started on Qui-Gon! I love to get you started on Qui-Gon?[face_beatup] here you can use my bat on him.[face_laugh]

Thanks my friend I'm happy you?re on for the ride and you?re added. [:D]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Obi:_|:_|
    Will Qui-Gon come and rescue him?

Btw Great writing=D=letting us feel Obi's anguish

18. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Obi angst warning! :oops:

Poor poor Obi-Wan :( u just love torturing him dont u? [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon better find him, or i'm gonna smack him! [face_beatup]

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

earlybird-obi-wan
    Will Qui rescue him... Time will tell.[face_mischief]

Veloz

Yep, you know me, Obi angst is my favourite.[face_devil]

20. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    There's no update! :_|

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Lolly_Tolly
    Yes there is![face_mischief]

Words in italics are thoughts

Time was of the essence. Qui-Gon needed to keep his concentration on the here and now, at least until the course to Coruscant was set. He checked the instruments and rechecked them; until his mind accepted that he could leave the controls and give his time to Tahl. Stars lit up the deep darkness of space like streaking comets as Qui-Gon?s ship sped through hyperspace.

Leaving the cockpit he strode with a purpose through the ship to his very valuable patient. His mind trying to focus on the important task at hand, yet the pain of betrayal coursed through his veins. His wounds were barely closed after Xanatos betrayal, only to be gouged open once more.
    How could Obi-Wan refuse to obey him? Qui-Gon rubbed his chest; he was finding it difficult to breath. He shook his head and brought his thoughts back to the present. Tahl?s bruised and battered form lay before him; her injuries appeared grotesque when he first spied her being half carried by Obi-Wan and Cerasi.

His Tahl had been tortured, abused and left to die on that force forsaken planet. Her arm was twisted in an odd angle and blood turned the front and side of her tunic from beige to red. He?d been frantic about her, so desperate to be the one to find her and yet Obi-Wan, who it seemed was a favourite in her eyes found her first. A flash of hurt and jealousy stabbed his heart.
    No! That was an absurd notion, he wasn?t jealous. He gazed upon her beautiful face and wondered what she?d think about him for leaving Obi-Wan behind.

He had to believe she?d understand, after all she?d been the one to tell him that Xanatos would betray him. She moaned, bringing him out of his musings. He watched as she turned her head towards him.

?Tahl, can you hear me? Tahl you?re safe and we?re heading back to Coruscant.?

?Qui-Gon is that you?? She gasped, blinking slowly and bringing her good hand up towards him, pain in her body causing her to wrinkle her face.

?Yes, yes, Tahl, we?re on our way back to Coruscant.?

He watched her wince in pain as she tried to sit up. ?Lay still Tahl you have severe injuries. I?ve applied bacta and strapped your arm, but there isn?t anything more I can do for you until we reach the temple,? he said, sending healing waves to her.

?Where?s Obi-Wan, is he piloting the ship?? she asked, sensing Qui-Gon?s erratic emotions.

?Don?t worry about him Tahl, you just rest.?

He sensed her weakness and felt the pull of sleep drag her into the darkness again. She gave him a weak smile and closed her eyes. He made sure she was comfortable and then he slumped down on the chair.
    He felt his ire rise at the audacity of Obi-Wan, challenging him like that. Qui-Gon didn?t need to be told what his duties were by a boy - a boy who had no business being a Jedi. He looked back at Tahl and yet he couldn?t get a feeling of wrong doing out of his mind.
    Why did she have to ask about him? I don?t want to think about him anymore. He made his choice and now he can live with it. I certainly can! Qui-Gon felt uncomfortable and his mind kept wandering to Obi-Wan. He had to do something, so he got up to make himself a cup of Cha.

He rechecked the instruments and fumbled around trying to keep his mind off recent events. Tahl was his main concern, why couldn?t he seem to make that thought override all others. He needed rest himself, so he put everything out of his mind and sunk into a light meditation just in case Tahl stirred.

Hours flew by and Qui-Gon sensed her imminent waking, so he went back to her room and assessed her injuries. Her broken arm looked bad, but in reality it was a clean break, which with some bacta tank, time, would be healed in a few days. The blaster wound appeared quite extensive and quite deep. He took the bacta patch off it and checked for infection. He had time, so he cleaned the dark areas of blaster soot and singed skin around the actual wound, only to discover the wound hadn?t penetrated any vital

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great chapter and tense scenes between Qui and Tahl.

Let Qui go back to search for Obi-Wan he is the only one with a bond.[face_praying][face_praying]

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ha! Qui had better be feeling guilty! [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] [face_beatup]

He is just a boy, still learning to release such emotions; you are a Jedi master who should know better,he thought. :rolleyes: Uh...yeah!

The boy?s distressed visage filled his mind. He tried to shake a bad feeling that seemed to be creeping up his spine. He couldn?t believe the venomous words he?d spoken to his apprentice and it disturbed him greatly.
    He would go back and set things right between them as soon as possible.
    :_| Too bad it's too late! [face_worried] And now poor Obi is a slave somewhere without any hope of being rescued! :_| And it's all Qui-Gon's fault! [face_beatup] If he's starting to feel guilty now, just wait til he learns what happened! [face_not_talking]

Whew, you know how to get me riled up against Qui-Gon like no other, Gkilkenny, I love it! [face_devil] Excellent update, I can't wait for more!! :D

24. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Yay! Update!

I'd like to say I feel sorry for Qui, but I don't. He brought it on himself. I sort of lol'd when Qui thought he was jealous of Obi. He's far too young! :p

I'm up to about 10 000 credits...

25. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Taren...hmm darn close to Karen and Garen. lol

Good chapter. Try to update a little faster though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.