main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Woohoo! Go Obi! Great chapters! I can't believe how much I've missed! This story is great! I can't wait for the next update!

BTW: Congrats on the noms! [:D]

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot

Thanks Val[face_dancing] I hope with my new virus scanner I won?t have any more trouble.

Yes you know our Obi, he thinks of every one but himself. O:)

earlybird-obi-wan

Qui-Gon is there for him. He is being the master he should be.
    Thanks.[:D]

KELIA
    Yep Gerota is insane,8-} and he wants Obi no matter what.
    You know I love evil.[face_devil]
    Thank you.[face_love]

p_stotts

Thank you Master,[:D] I remember your teachings and I?m trying to focus on how I would feel and writing it down.

Obi-Wan is Da man!:D So cute isn?t he.[face_love]

Lady_Misty

Thanks [:D]
    I?ve only watched two of numb3rs episodes. No I didn?t get the name Fargo from Eureka I got it from my head. Now that fluffy pink belt may come in handy soon.8-}

Lolly_Tolly[face_dancing]

Hi there my friend, rough time with DRL Never mind there?s plenty more of this story to go and the one I told you about (Obi?s death is still in the works)[face_devil]

Thank you I'm just happy that people read my stories:cool:

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi-Wan :( ever the gallant one... hopefully this won't go as bad as it could! Bet Qui-Gon will be tearing his hair out by the end of this! ;)

Great job! Sooo hope the ole viruses stay away! They can be nasty suckers, that's for sure. Thanks again for another great chappie!

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh! I really loved that update, such an intense confrontation! [face_love] I could see it all happening in my head, just brilliant! [face_love]

Now I really really can't wait to find out what happens next! I hope poor brave Obi will be OK! [face_worried]

5. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Not so much of a cliffhangar? Are you kidding?!:eek:

I [face_love] Obi in that scene too, so calm and collected. I just hope he'll stay that way...[face_worried]

6. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Kynstar
    I aim to please.Obi is always gallant and always in trouble.O:)

Bastet

Thanks. But intense is what is coming next.[face_worried]

GeneralKenobi7
    Yep I was kidding about the cliffie. I can't help myself.[face_devil]

I hope you enjoy the next chappy... Here it comes.[face_idea]

Qui-Gon concentrated on the other man and noticed one of the young students was trying to manoeuvre his legs in to a position where he could trip the mercenary over. He sensed that Obi-Wan was keeping Gerota?s attention focused on him. Therefore, Qui-Gon stepped closer to the other man and spoke to him quietly.
    He knew the man was uneasy, because he was nervously glancing around the room and could see that Jedi had moved out around the walkway above the gym. Authorities stood in the doorway with automatic blasters aimed at him and Gerota. Qui-Gon could sense great fear welling up inside the man, and it worried him. If the children tried anything he may panic and shoot them out of fear.

Qui-Gon slowly moved to the side and the man?s eyes followed him, the blaster still pointed at the students. The students were afraid, and he sensed they were ready to do something irrational.

?Please all of you stay calm, and don?t move, everyone is scared I know. However, if you make any sudden movements, I cannot guarantee your safety.? The eldest youth realised what Qui-Gon meant and he stopped moving his feet.

Qui-Gon then focussed on the man. ?This whole building is surrounded by Jedi, you will not escape, and Gerota won?t be in a position to pay you. He is insane, you must realise that. My apprentice will not go with him and if you hurt these students you?ll be tried for murder and you ?will? be executed, is that what you want??

However, before he could convince the man to give up, Gerota shouted at his accomplice. ?Bring them back here you fool, can?t you see what they are trying to do. Don?t believe them, I have every right to take my property, so don?t listen to them. We?ll take them all with us. I?ll use them to make sure my boy behaves himself!?

ooo

Obi-Wan felt Gerota losing control of the situation and he had to get Gerota?s focus back on him. The students he had secured to him were on the verge of panicking. Four of them were tied together and were attached to a rope clipped to Gerota?s belt. The fifth student a younger girl had been tied separately. Gerota had one arm around her neck and the blaster in the other.

?You only want me not these others they will slow you down. I know you intend to torture them to make me comply, it?s been your way in the past and you?ll never change.?

?Then if you know me so well surrender to me, and we can be on our way!? He sneered bringing his focus back to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan shivered internally seeing the sinister look Gerota had fixed on him. He wanted to look at something else anything but this man?s eyes. It brought back unwanted memories of his slavery and he remembered how Gerota would torture innocent victims in front of him to make him obey. Gerota had singled out the younger girl and she would be the victim, ensuring Obi-Wan obeyed him absolutely. Nevertheless, he knew without a doubt that if he looked away, Gerota would take that as a sign that he was in control.

?Will you release them?? Obi-Wan said pointing to the students.

Gerota?s face took on a malevolence that Obi-Wan had seen many times while he was strapped to the rack. Obi-Wan knew it wasn?t an option to give in to this man. The students didn?t have a chance, even if Obi-Wan surrendered and left the building with him. The students would be dragged along and then tortured horribly to punish Obi-Wan for his defiance.

?Yes, I?ll release them once we?re on board my ship.? Gerota stated.

?Your ship, where is it?? Obi-Wan hadn?t seen a ship hovering anywhere when they were outside.

Gerota smiled. ?Don?t you worry your pretty head about that ?boy,? it?ll come when I send the signal. The man was over confident and he touched his chest with his b

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You've shot Obi! :eek: I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Couldn't have the comfort without the hurt, now could you...[face_shame_on_you]

Great action, Gkilkenny. The insane one is dead - now make sure Obi isn't about to be, either. <slaps hand> duh, like you or I would kill Obi-Wan (okay, maybe .0000001% of the time).

And though you've said you're not into the awards, congrats anyway on your tie for best villain. =D= It's not about winning, it's about the fact that other folks appreciate what you put out there. And we do appreciate all your stories.

BTW: Was Gerota, ah, physically enamored of our Obi-Wan? I'm trying to be delicate here, but I got a sense of that, unless he's just a creep who appreciates physical beauty in his possessions as if that beauty rubs off on him.

I was attacked by a plot bunny idea while reading the line about Obi-Wan "pressing his body"...yada yada yada. Inside he's dying of embarrassment while he's doing the "come hither" routine in order to entrap a villain or something. That could be one hilarious vignette - dibs!

Obi-Wan bats his eyes, gives a little come-hither smile, wiggles his hips...yes, Obi, I'm falling for it. ;)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Gerota is dead:) But OBI[face_praying] please keep him safe

Gripping update and intense action=D==D==D=

9. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    *sigh* You are kidding[face_frustrated]

:_| Obi-Wan has to be all right!!! What would we all do without him? At least Geroa is dead - quite the insane, ruthless, crazy, stupid etc. fellow:mad:

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Obi-Wan! Obi-Wan, Force help me he?s been shot.?

Oh No!

Not that I'm surprised Obi-Wan would sacrifice himself to save the girl.

I just hope he will survive...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL! You and your cliffies! :p

Tense chapter! And I also have truly enjoyed your villain ;) Do hope Obi will be ok. Glad to know the munchkins made out ok!

Yay the bad guy is down for the count! [face_dancing]

Great chapter once more! Sooo action filled that I long for popcorn! Man...wish I had some with me ;)

12. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Me thinks you took my lesson about cliffhangers to heart, Padawan, but do you have to utilize that lesson so often? o_O Just kidding! When I read the part about Gerota firing his blaster and Obi twisting away, I thought, "Gerota couldn't have missed at such close range. That would be so unrealistic." But you fooled your old master. Great job, Padawan! Great use of tension. =D=

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    YES!!! The sleemo is dead!

And for the finishing touch I'll tie my fluffy pink bathrobe belt around his neck. That way when Obi-Wan recovers he'll have something to laugh at.

14. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Gah! Please let Obi be okay! [face_praying]

I'm so glad Gerota is dead, Obi can finally have peace-of-mind now that he won't have to worry about that scumbag anymore (assuming Obi survives, of course... [face_worried]).

That was definitely an intense scene, Glilkenny, awesome action! [face_love]

Can't wait for more! :D

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot
    I?m sorry?:rolleyes: no I?m not:p I just couldn?t help myself. I cant have him being happy for too long. I have shares in the tissue company.:_|
    Of course you might be wrong and I will kill him.[face_whistling]

Was Gerota, ah, physically enamored of our Obi-Wan? I'm trying to be delicate here, but I got a sense of that, unless he's just a creep who appreciates physical beauty in his possessions as if that beauty rubs off on him.

Yes he was both and he was a creep.[face_skull]

Plot bunny?s come at the strangest times don?t they.:D

Obi-Wan bats his eyes, gives a little come-hither smile, wiggles his hips...yes, Obi, I'm falling for it.
    Where?s my picture of Obi-Wan, I?m wondering should I look at the one where he?s holding his lightsabre or the other one.[face_blush] o_O

earlybird-obi-wan
    Yep Gerota is dead it?s a shame really, especially after he won me a shared award for Best Villain.
    Thank you every one who voted for Gerota. Had to kill him off though.[:D]

GeneralKenobi7
    Nope I?m not kidding and yes Gerota was insane
    So I blasted him.[face_beatup]

KELIA
    You know our Obi always sacrifices himself for the greater good.:_|
    I suppose I should give him a reprieve. [face_thinking]

Kynstar
    Sorry I?m trying to find a way to end without a cliffy but I guess I?m too evil.[face_devil]
    Now popcorn is a great idea it?s a shame I don?t have any either.:oops:
    and my Best Villain Gerota is gone too.:D

p_stotts
    Why Master you know I obey your every lesson.O:)

Gerota is stupid, but no he couldn?t miss at that range.:eek:

Thank you Master.[:D]

Lady_Misty
    I couldn?t let the sleemo live now could I.
    I wouldn?t want to dirty your pink robe belt on the likes of that villain. But he would look funny wouldn?t he.8-}

Bastet.
    I?ll think about your request and let you know in the next post whether he lives or dies.
    [:D] Thanks for the votes and the shared award for Best Villain.

ooo Here?s the next post....

The Temple mood was sombre, as word spread that Obi-Wan?s life was uncertain; they couldn?t believe he?d suffered again at the hands of the slave owner. Once again, he was fighting for his life.

When Gerota aimed his blaster and fired at the girl Obi-Wan used the force to pull the crying girl away from Gerota?s clutches and was in the process of turning away from him. The blast entered Obi-Wan?s lower chest, shattering several ribs on his left side. The bone exploded into several smaller pieces, penetrating his lungs and dug into other parts of his body. One piece lodged very close to his heart and now all his friends and peers sat around waiting for news from the healers, as to whether he would live or die.

Qui-Gon couldn?t sit down; he paced back and forth across the floor. It had been two hours since they wheeled Obi-Wan into the operating room and so far no one had come out to give them any indication whether he would make it. Thoughts raced through Qui-Gon?s head. He?d promised Obi-Wan that Gerota would never hurt him again and yet here they were waiting for the healer to confirm their worst fears.

?Qui-Gon perhaps you should meditate, pacing here isn?t helping us to stay focused and calm.?

Qui-Gon turned to glare at Mace. ?I told him I?d never let Gerota hurt him I didn?t keep my promise. I knew we shouldn?t have let Obi-Wan go there.?

?Qui-Gon please calm yourself, you know as well as I do that Obi-Wan wouldn?t have allowed us to keep him away.?

Qui-Gon?s shoulders slumped and he stopped pacing. ?He doesn?t deserve any more pain; I just hope the healers can fix him.? Qui-Gon turned abruptly as the door to the surgery opened.

Healer Ba?han came out and before Qui-Gon could ask him anything, the healer held up his hand.

?Qui-Gon we are doing everything we can

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

He?d sensed that the sedative was pulling Obi-Wan back into sleeps domain and he just wanted to give Obi-Wan a few hours of peace, before he crushed his hopes and dreams for the future.

Nah, Gkilkenny crushes Obi's hopes and dreams - for a chapter or two. Then the healers use the Force to remove the shards and Obi-Wan is back on his feet and ready to sacrifice himself another time...right?

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Hear it from you he should.

I don't know if that will make it any easier or not but I can understand Yoda's reasoning.

There's got to be some good new coming....right?

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    I have a new opinion: you are not only kidding, you are pure evil![face_shame_on_you]
    Poor Obi-Wan, I doubt he could stand not being able to move. What would he do without him rushing about saving people?[face_worried]

19. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    *Tsk, tsk, tsk* [face_shame_on_you] Putting off the inevitable, Qui-Gon, will not help your padawan. Tell him, you must. I wonder how Obi will take the news? I bet whatever his reaction, he'll once again surprise Qui-Gon. He always does. Great chapter, Padawan. I can't wait to read more. :D

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi :( perhaps once the swelling is down they could possibly attempt to take the pieces out...but who knows?

Gotta feel for the duo there :( Qui not wanting to tell his Padawan he info, I prob wouldn't want to either!

Great chapter once more! :D

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    ?G-goood, n?ght Masterr?..?

Qui-Gon wanted to cry, his Obi-Wan trusted him implicitly and he couldn?t bring himself to tell Obi-Wan that there was something wrong with him. He?d sensed that the sedative was pulling Obi-Wan back into sleeps domain and he just wanted to give Obi-Wan a few hours of peace, before he crushed his hopes and dreams for the future.

Don't crush his hopes. Maybe there is another healer who can help Obi.;)

Excellent update, keeping me again wanting for more with this cliffie[face_thinking]=D=

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ha ha!

I knew that you didn't kill Obi-Wan off!

23. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh dear, poor Obi. :( I hope he's not paralyzed now, that would be just awful! :_|

It's just one thing after another for the poor guy with us, isn't it? [face_whistling] :p

Great update, I can't wait for more! :D

24. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    *Slides in before next post*

:eek: Wow. This is a great story, Gkilkenny!!

I've enjoyed reading it over the past few days, and can't believe I'm already caught up, and with a cliffhanger ending to boot!

I can't wait for the next update! Keep up the great work!!

Oh, and congrats on your awards!! =D=

~Celeste

25. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Wow for such a simple title this is a very complicated story. One quick question. Is Tahl blind in this Story?

I love how you interwove Obi-wan's special tree throughout the story it adds to the sweetness of Qui-gon's bond with Obi-wan.

Can't wait to see what happens next! Bravo!

Oh and could yopu add me to the PM list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.