main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Aw! Poor Obi! :_| That's so sad!

Gerota was offered a million, I'm offering you 50 000 credits... :D Actually, I'll change that offer, I'll give you 55 000 now, and if you kill Obi, I'll give you another 55 000. [face_devil] You'll also get lots and lots of cookies! :D

Or, I'll just kill him in the two fics I'm writing now. Your choice.

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Wonderful, Padawan. Simply wonderful. Of course Obi-Wan would place the welfare of others above his own. He doesn't yet see that his selflessness makes him more of a Jedi than most others. I hope Qui-Gon can help him improve his confidence and self-esteem. Can't wait for more.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Argh!!!

Give five minutes along with that sleemo! Five minutes! Long enough to tear his windpipe off his throat!!!!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    :_|:_|Let Mace and Qui get those slavers and free Obi-Wan in the next post. Obi deserves to become a Jedi.
    Mace :mad:get those councilmembers and save him.

Great post with Qui and Mace arguing.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|

I understand Obi-Wan's need to accept his new life in order to survive but I never thought he'd lose hope...:_| :_|

Please think about all the other slaves!

Aaagggghhh what a position Qui-Gon is in.

But Mace is right. If Obi survived this long, he'll make it another day.

But what happens if the mission doesn't go as planned?

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor kid. He's been so beaten down that he just thinks like a slave now. At least near the end of the post, he was acting more like a Jedi, putting the lives of others first.

Good job.

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Obi seems to remember Qui-Gon, even if the memory seems like another lifetime ago. Poor kid, he's been a slave so long he doesn't remember how to act otherwise. It's interesting that Obi-Wan is forcing Qui to do his duty first.

Keep up the good work! :)

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Those three posts I just read were so sad! :_|

Poor, poor Obi-Wan! :_|

At least Qui-Gon finally found him, even if he can't rescue him right away. :(

It was so sad to hear Obi's opinion of himself, how worthless he thinks he is. :(

?No, if it didn?t happen there, it would?ve happened somewhere else. I was never meant to be a Jedi, from the day I was taken away from my parents to the day I was sold on Melida/Daan. As far back as I can remember I felt like I didn?t fit in at the temple.
    No one really wanted me as an apprentice and I always felt like a burden to everyone. I never understood why I was chosen to come to the Temple in the first place. Surely, the Knight who picked me up from my home planet could sense my lack of ability. I don?t really blame anyone for my fate, but I suppose if I was to find fault with any Jedi it would be the one who brought me to the temple to be rejected.? Obi-Wan shrugged.

Qui-Gon was stunned by Obi-Wan?s statement. It brought back a memory of his crèche duty days that he?d forgotten about.
    [face_thinking] So that was Qui-Gon, then, who brought Obi to the Temple? I wonder how Obi will react to that. :(

?If I?m meant to live I will, but if I?m not, I would like to die knowing that I did something good with my life. I?m not afraid to die for a worthy cause. If you?ll tell me what it is you are trying to do, I?ll do anything I can, to help you. Won?t you trust me, won?t you give me this chance??

?You are very brave, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and it is my honour to know you,? Mace said, feeling humbled by his selflessness.

Obi-Wan didn?t acknowledge Master Windu?s words. He wasn?t brave. He was tired ? tired of living his life.
    :_| I hope Qui is eventually able to help him change his mind about that! :(

Thanks for the wonderful updates, Gkilkenny! :D Sorry I didn't review sooner, but I've been having major computer issues for the last month or so. Right now I'm at my parent's house on vacation and using their dial-up internet. I'm hoping I can get my computer fixed soon, but until then please know I'm still loving this story, even if I don't reply very regularly!

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Thank you all for your great support.[:D] [face_love]

Lolly_Tolly
    I love making you use the tissues. [face_mischief]

Are you trying to bribe me with cookies?..ummm it might work.[face_thinking]
    I love cookies. =P~

I know you won?t Kill Obi in your fics. Otherwise, I?ll haunt you.[face_devil]

p_stotts
    Of course he?s selfless that?s why we love him so much.[face_love] Thanks Master. I?ll send your kinds words on to Obi-Wan. It will make him feel better. O:)

Lady_Misty
    You need five minutes!! I?d do it in one minute. You sound quite angry perhaps meditating will calm you down. But on second thoughts go ahead and I?ll help you.[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan
    More angst to come before Obi-Wan knows whether his dreams will come true.[face_worried]
    Thanks for reading.[:D]

KELIA
    Obi-Wan has accepted his life as a slave.:( Its accepting that he could be a Jedi that?s not easy for him. :confused:
    There?s a possibility that the mission will backfire. Time will tell.[face_worried]

dianethx
    You are so right. He thinks like a slave and it will take a lot of
    love to change him.[face_love]

bek
    Deep down he is a Jedi, he just needs faith in those around him. [:D]

Bastet
    I hope you had the tissues out.:_|
    I?d keep them handy if I were you my friend. [face_mischief]

Qui-Gon will learn to love again. Let?s hope he?s not too late.[face_thinking]

So that was Qui-Gon, then, who brought Obi to the Temple? I wonder how Obi will react to that. Time will tell.[face_not_talking]

It must be the time of year to have Computer issues.
    Mine is having a nervous breakdown.8-}

A new year and a New Post here it is.:D

ooo

?Mace You can?t be thinking of letting Obi-Wan help us. It?s wrong ? it?s too dangerous!?

?Qui-Gon, what other choice do we have!?

Qui-Gon sighed and searched his own feelings. He knew they didn?t have a choice. He?d lost control of his emotions and he knew it wouldn?t help any of them to lose control again. He wanted to meditate and reach out to the Force for guidance. However, for the moment he had to remain calm and see the logic in this mess. He nodded to Mace to explain their plan to Obi-Wan.

?Gerota thinks we?re slave traders and he?s hoping we?ll help him hide his slaves while negotiations are underway on the mainland to abolish slavery on this planet. We know he has business partners, but we don?t know where their base of operations is. Qui-Gon and I are supposed to keep Gerota and his associates busy while our operatives mingle with the slaves and guards. Hopefully, we can keep his associates away from their ships long enough for our people to attach tracking devices to them and plant Jedi on board each ship.? Mace said trying to explain as quickly as he could.

?I know the two men you are speaking about. They frequently visit Gerota and they spend a great deal of time in here.? Obi-Wan said, feeling his body tremble thinking about the abuse he?d endured by the two associates before.

Qui-Gon felt a spike of fear rush through Obi-Wan and he didn?t want to consider that anyone else would abuse Obi-Wan like Gerota did. He pushed his worry out to the Force and released the tension he felt building.?Obi-Wan, I don?t want you to do anything to aggravate them.?

?I don?t do anything to aggravate them; it just comes natural to them.?

Qui-Gon felt his skin crawl listening to Obi-Wan describe the two associates and he noticed Obi-Wan?s hands shaking. He tried not to imagine what kind of mistreatment he?d been subjected to over the years.

?I ?will- do whatever is necessary to keep their attention away from the ships. If they are coming to see the horses, they?ll watch them workout down at the track. It?s far enough away from the landing platform that the ships will be out of view. Just make sure you bring plenty of wine with you and they wil

10. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Qui! What are you doing?! Get out of there! :p

Poor Obi, he's being harrassed by Qui as well as Gerota...

You no like my offer? That's it, Obi's gonna die!

11. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    I think I'm going to have to write a fic just for Lolly where Obi dies just to make her happy. :p Just remember, Tolly, if we kill him then you can't abuse him any more. Think of all that wasted storyline potential!

Great post, Geri. I hope when this is all over that Obi will want to return to the Jedi with Qui-Gon. I wonder if Qui-Gon has considered the possibility that Obi might not want to be his apprentice after all this. I think being rescued will be just the beginning of Obi's problems.

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope Obi truly helps - and lives. Poor, abused Obi-Wan. He's so beaten down, yet he's still our Obi-Wan.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Please let Obi be saved in the next post[face_praying]

Great update =D= And it's a captivating read =D==D==D=

14. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks for the PM's. I'm all caught up...by the way, don't you dare even contemplate killing Obi because I need still need him to torment in my stories! LOL Wonderful job with this!

15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I agree with Qui-Gon about the slaver's heritage.

I think I'll take you up on your offer. I'll bring the tie to my fluffy pink bathrobe so we can strangle him with it!

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Mace and Obi are right. They can't risk all those slaves for one person. At least Obi knows that they are there to do something about the slaves and he'll help if he can.

I am worried that Qui, in his attempt to make up for what he'd done to Obi-Wan, only makes things worse.

Good job.

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhh Qui!

You'd better not be jeopardizing the mission!!

If I die, I don?t want to be left here. I would like my ashes to be spread in the Garden of Peace and Tranquillity

Should I be worried Obi-Wan has contemplated his own death?

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I feel bad for Obi and Qui all the way around; the choices facing them are not theirs to make but determined by their duty as Jedi, present and former. Obi-Wan is showing his selflessness in putting the other slaves before himself as well as his dedication to the one profession he so desparately wanted to be a part of. I hope Obi and Qui can find some middle ground on which to stand: Obi is wary of his former mentor and what Qui's presence possibly means for him.

Keep up the great work! =D=

19. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Agh, I have a bad feeling about this! [face_worried] I hope Qui-Gon knows what he's doing!

Poor Obi-Wan, I really hope they manage to rescue him soon! [face_praying]

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi everyone, sorry I?m going to rush my comments because my internet connection is down and out for the count. I have no idea what?s wrong with it. So I?m using a friend?s computer to post this next chapter.
    I hope there aren?t too many mistakes and I hope you all enjoy.

Lolly_Tolly[:D]
    Its not that I don?t like your offer ? it isn?t enough.:p
    More angst for you because I know how much you love it.
    Ok I dare you to kill Obi.[face_devil]

p_stotts[:D]

Umm[face_thinking] I hadn?t thought of that I?d better not kill him either.;)
    If he lives and goes back to the temple it will be a rough road.

Valairy_ScotO:)
    I love abusing him and then hugging him.
    What can I say I?m a devil in disguise.[face_devil]

earlybird-obi-wan[face_love]
    You want me to save him.;)

Jedidas3
    Oh ok I won?t kill him, I?ll just hurt him a little bit:D
    Thanks for readingO:)

Lady_Misty

Fluffy pink tie, :oops: umm we don?t want to wreak it[face_thinking] I?ll bring my black belt.:D

dianethx
    Obi-Wan is still a Jedi through and through. He will do what he must.[face_whistling]
    KELIA[face_love]
    Qui won?t do anything stupid yet.;)

Bek
    They have some hard decisions to make.[face_worried]
    Thanks for reading.:*
    Bastet
    The rescue is on the way.:D
    I hope to get my internet connection back soon.
    Once I figure out what is causing it.
    Thanks for reading my friend.[face_dancing]

Ok everyone Thank You. Here?s the next chapter?

Qui-Gon held his finger up and whispered. ?Shush my child, I?m a Jedi. The guards won?t see me. I came to see if you?re alright, and to apologise for how he treats you.?

?You?ve no need to apologise, Sir. It?s what he does.?

?Please let me ease your pain, you have some rather nasty welts on your back and your stomach is badly bruised.? Qui-Gon said as he approached Obi-Wan.

?No, Sir! I can?t allow you to heal me, he will notice.? Obi-Wan said, as he held his hand up to stop Qui-Gon. The sound of his harsh breathing filled the air as he fought to maintain control of his fear. He stumbled backwards further into the darkness. ?I?ll be alright. The pain is going now.?

Qui-Gon sensed Obi-Wan?s anxiety levels increase as he stepped towards him. It appeared he was afraid of Qui-Gon too. He stepped back and sat down on a bale of hay opposite him.
    ?Obi-Wan please don?t be afraid of me. I know I hurt you so much on Melida/Daan and I?m very sorry. I?ve made some very thoughtless mistakes where you?re concerned and you?ve suffered because of them.?

?It was my fate, Sir and I?ve accepted it.? His voice whispered in the darkness.

?Please call me Qui-Gon or Master Qui-Gon ? after all, you?re still my apprentice.? He said as calmly as he could.

?No, Sir. I wasn?t really your apprentice. I knew you didn?t want me. I felt it in everything you did or said to me. The Council didn?t want me either. They wanted to send me to the Agri Corps, but I think Master Yoda said something to make you change your mind. I don?t know why he did that when he knew you didn?t want me. When we were on Melida/Daan I sensed that you were annoyed with me long before you left me there and when I disobeyed you and you silenced the bond; I knew it was what you?d wanted all along. The people on Melida/Daan needed help, but I was confused and I couldn?t talk to you.

I didn?t know what was right or wrong. However, Cerasi made me feel something I hadn?t felt for a long time. Wanted - wanted?and needed. I liked her a lot, she made me feel good about myself and I wanted to help them. I thought it was the right thing to do and I even thought Neild liked me. They were so happy that I stayed, but when Cerasi died, I think a part of me died as well. I felt more alone than I?d ever been before and I missed being a Jedi. I turned to Neild for support because I thought he was

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?Thank you, Obi-Wan,? he wanted to reach out and touch the boy, but he had the distinct feeling if he did, Obi-Wan would retreat into the darkness once more.

I think any tenderness would break Obi-Wan into so many pieces he could never be reassembled. Qui was right to refrain; just Qui's words are awakening something within Obi-Wan he's not ready to deal with - a touch would send him over the edge.

?May I ask a favour of you, Sir?? Obi-Wan?s voice was filled with emotion and his hands were gripped together tightly.

?Yes, Obi-Wan, what is it??

?If I do die tomorrow, would you carve a marker for me and place it in the garden??

?Obi-Wan, you?re not going to die!? Qui-Gon said somewhat too sharply and he regretted it immediately. ?I?m sorry Obi-Wan, I didn?t mean to be sharp with you, but I won?t believe you are going to die.?

?You can?t be certain of that and I didn?t want my marker to say that I was a slave??

?You?re a Jedi, Obi-Wan and you?ve always been one!?

Tears sprang to life in Obi-Wan?s eyes. ?It used to be my dream you know - to be a Jedi Knight.?

:_| It will be again, it will be.

?Would? you describe the garden of peace and tranquillity to me? Sometimes I forget what it looks like.?

Qui-Gon clasped his hands together and put them in his lap. Letting out the air that had been captured in his lungs and then he breathed in and leant forward ever so slightly.

?It?s a beautiful green place with splashes of colour filling every part. Plants grow in every nook and cranny. Pebbled paths wind through the gardens in-between flowering shrubs and garden beds. The branches of flowering trees hang over the path giving a shady place to walk and there are benches under some of the trees...

The gardens are sprayed with water at night and each day the earthy smells of wet soil fills the air with the living Force. There is one large pond in the centre, it?s filled with rainbow fish and they glow at night. Fresh water is pumped into the pond over some moss laden rocks, which is so much quieter than the room of a thousand fountains.?

He sensed Obi-Wan trying to picture the garden in his mind and his eyes had a far away look in them.

Such a sweet, tender, and :_| interlude...Qui is giving Obi-Wan back part of his lost dream, giving him a reason to hold on, to hope...he needs that hope, for hope is all he has right now.

Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably, he didn?t know how to explain. ?I?m n-not sure if they?re still there, but t-there used to be a grove of Candleberry trees in one section of the garden, about fifty metres from the pond. One tree was smaller than the rest and it stood off by itself. I don?t remember a bench being near it, because I always sat on the grass and leant against the tree. I guess I liked it because it was different.?

Qui-Gon sensed the tension in Obi-Wans body relax a bit. ?Different, in what way was it different, Obi-Wan??

?Well, I think there had been other trees next to it once, but they died or something. Maybe the ground there wasn?t as rich in nutrients as it was where the other taller trees stood. I?m not sure, but that tree struggled to exist and it did. It had beautiful leaves on it and the fruit tasted just as nice as it did from the other trees. That tree always made me feel better about myself and I thought if that tree could survive then so could I.?

?I am glad you feel that way, Obi-Wan. Because that tree still lives and I remember years ago they tested the soil around it and they did find that another row of shrubs behind it were drawing all the nutrients to their roots. That?s why the other Candleberry trees in that row died. They knew if they didn?t do something to help the tree it would die too. So they fertilize that tree and the shrubs once a month now, instead of twice a year.?

?D-do you think I might see that tree again??

?Yes, I do!? Qui-Gon said firmly. ?You must hav

22. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Wonderful update, so sweet and sad at the same time! :( [face_love]

?It was my fate, Sir and I?ve accepted it.? His voice whispered in the darkness.

?Please call me Qui-Gon or Master Qui-Gon ? after all, you?re still my apprentice.? He said as calmly as he could.

?No, Sir. I wasn?t really your apprentice. I knew you didn?t want me. I felt it in everything you did or said to me. The Council didn?t want me either. They wanted to send me to the Agri Corps, but I think Master Yoda said something to make you change your mind. I don?t know why he did that when he knew you didn?t want me. When we were on Melida/Daan I sensed that you were annoyed with me long before you left me there and when I disobeyed you and you silenced the bond; I knew it was what you?d wanted all along. The people on Melida/Daan needed help, but I was confused and I couldn?t talk to you.

I didn?t know what was right or wrong. However, Cerasi made me feel something I hadn?t felt for a long time. Wanted - wanted?and needed. I liked her a lot, she made me feel good about myself and I wanted to help them. I thought it was the right thing to do and I even thought Neild liked me. They were so happy that I stayed, but when Cerasi died, I think a part of me died as well. I felt more alone than I?d ever been before and I missed being a Jedi. I turned to Neild for support because I thought he was my friend too.? Obi-Wan snorted. ?That?s when Obi-Wan Kenobi died.?
    :_|

I loved when Qui-Gon was describing the garden to Obi, I'm glad he was able to do that for the poor boy. :( And then when he stayed with him all night- I hope it makes Obi begin to realize that he is cared for. He needs to get his hope and dreams back! :_|

I hope you can get your internet fixed soon Geri, it's definitely not fun having computer problems. :(

23. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    GERI! You had to ruin perfectly good angst with a little bit of mush at the end, didn't you?! :p

Ok I dare you to kill Obi. You're on! He's gone! :p

I hope your internet gets fixed quickly!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely and sweet chapter and now Qui to the rescue and save all those slaves.

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Awe... mush. [face_love] Lolly_Tolly might not like it, but I love it. ;) Very well done, Padawan. =D=

*gulp* And now comes ouch time. I feel it in my bones. Must be a warning from the Force. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.