main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww..I'm so glad Qui-Gon got to stay with Obi.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I just hope he doesn't get caught.

Their talk was wonderful and if nothing else, at least they got things cleared up between them.

I?m not the same person that I was before. I could never be that person again.

How very true

:_| :_| :_| :_|

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

I hope your internet problems get fixed soon [:D]

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Obi-Wan seems to be uncertain of any contact with his former life, other than the garden he misses so much. :( It's good that Qui indulged him, explaining the layout and beauty of the one place Obi-Wan felt safe. Hopefully the small things that Qui-Gon's doing will help him regain Obi-Wan's trust. It was good of Qui to stay with him until morning. :)

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Touching! *female whimper*

Are you making fun of the fact that I have a fluffy pink bath robe?

I would think that the guy would be embarrrest to die with a fluffy pink bathrobe belt around his neck.

A black belt would do though.

4. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent fic.

Please PM me when you update.

thanks

EG

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    There's nothing like a little Qui/Obi mush to start the day! Great job and I hope your internet is fixed soon...we need another post!

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot
    Thank you for your wonderful review.[face_love] I tried to show his reluctance in trusting anyone.[face_worried]
    I noticed you said ?when?? well he might not get there in one piece, but I?m sure if the situation arises. It will be emotional.:_|

Bastet
    Thanks my friend.:* I?m back with a new internet router[face_idea]
    Qui-Gon is truly sorry for his mistakes but he has to convince Obi-Wan. [face_thinking]

Lolly_Tolly

I love upsetting you with mush.:p But, I don?t think you
    will kill Obi.[face_not_talking]
    Are you having trouble with your internet connection?
    A little birdie told me you are.:oops:

earlybird-obi-wan
    A worrying time ahead for Qui-Gon. Thanks for reading.[:D]

p_stotts
    Thank you Master,[:D] don?t worry about Lolly she?s sweet and just a bit of a sith that?s all.[face_devil]
    Your bones are telling you the truth, ouch time is rapidly approaching.:D

KELIA
    Thank you.[face_love]
    Obi-Wan is still suspicious of Qui-Gon and they have a long way to go before their wounds are healed.[face_whistling]

bek
    I'm trying to show that Obi-Wan has lost all faith in his past as a Jedi. A slaves life is uncertain and hard and he has been betrayed. It is hard to forget.:_|
    But as usual Qui-Gon has come to his senses and he will persevere.[:D]

Lady_Misty
    Me! make fun of your pink bath robe[face_not_talking] ?never as a matter of fact I have a pink and white striped one.[face_blush]
    Yes we should embarrass him to death? lets use the pink one. [face_idea]
    Thanks for your review.[:D]

EGKenobi
    Thanks for reviewing[face_dancing] I?m happy your reading, there is more
    angst coming.[face_worried]

jedidas3

Don?tcha just love Obi/Qui mush.[face_mischief] But of course it has to follow all the angst we write them into.o_O
    Its fun isn?t it.:D

Thank you everyone. We are celebrating Australia day next Monday so I?m going away for the weekend. I hope you all enjoy the post. See you next week.

ooo

Obi-Wan waited until Qui-Gon disappeared down the ladder before he moved. He scurried across the loft and peered through the crack in the wall. He was mesmerised by the form of the Jedi Master as he made his way towards the house. He saw the Jedi jump up onto the balcony and Obi-Wan sighed,turning his back on the sight and he slid down to sit on the hay.
    His heart was racing and recollections of the past filled his head with more questions than answers. He didn?t understand why the Jedi Master seemed so concerned about him now, when he'd disowned him before. He rubbed his face with his hands and closed his eyes.
    An image of a cold emotionless Qui-Gon with his hands on his hips filled Obi-Wans head. This is how he remembered the Jedi Master and in the short time that he?d been Qui-Gon?s padawan he?d never felt any warmth towards him in the man?s voice and there seemed to be a frosty wall wedged in-between them.

However, a new image of Qui-Gon formed in his mind and with it came confusion. Qui-Gon seemed gentle and kind and his eyes held softness in them that he?d never seen before. Obi-Wan wondered if he truly cared about him or was it pity, or guilt.

A shiver ran down his spine as the shadows in the loft were being engulfed in the morning rays of the sun as it rose above the horizon. He glanced at the spot where the Jedi master had slept and he sighed. He couldn?t remember a time when someone had stayed with him all night, just to comfort him. He rested his arms on his knees and leant his head back against the wall. - Master Jinn made the garden sound beautiful and so inviting. I wonder if he was telling me the truth about it being his favourite place, or was he trying to make me feel better?

He heard the sound of a rooster crowing and fear filled him. He had a bad feeling about today and it brought to mind a decision he?d ma

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    :eek: What?! You just left it there? I can't believe you'd do that to your master! Well, maybe I can. ;) Great post. You're really building the tension well. I don't look forward to the "sadistic" things Gerota's associates will do to Obi-Wan, but I do look forward to Gerota and his friends getting what's coming to them. Post soon, Geri! I'm on pins and needles here. Oh... and have a good weekend. Next weekend it's my turn to go away. We're spending Super Bowl Sunday at my S-I-L's house.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Qui is really remorseful for his previous treatment of Obi - and now Obi is starting to realize that.

It sounds like Obi is preparing to die, if necessary...oh, don't let him be hurt again (I'm reasonably confident you won't kill him).

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    excellent post and don't let him get hurt again with those tracking devices inside.

Qui, Mace, get him before it is too late.[face_shame_on_you]

10. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    You left it there? What do you mean taking off and leaving it there?

Great post, my friend and I suggest you hurry back from your vacation and post away!

11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    That story about that young man and his father being fed to the rancor was really sad. :( I hate Gerota!! He's evil and must die!! [face_skull] And I hope Obi gets to tell him exactly what he thinks of him, without dying!! And something really bad needs to happen to those associates too. [face_devil]

I can't wait for more of this story! But since I have too, have fun on vacation! :D

12. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    He hoped that Master Windu could keep Master Jinn under control ? at least until the mission was completed.

So do I!!

Though I can't blame Qui-Gon for being so upset.

It is nice to see Obi-Wan at least considering there might be another side to Qui.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    What a cruel man!!

I've changed my mind! We'll sic Jo Lupo on him! She'll make short work of him.

14. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Firstly, awesome update! I can't wait to see what Gerota does when he finds out he's been invaded. Secondly, I think I resent being called sweet. Lastly, yes, I did have internet problems, but it's all fixed now! [face_dancing]

Can't wait for the next chapter!

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    p_stotts
    My master has trained me well. I?m just like her.[face_mischief]
    Ok I?m posting now. I hope you enjoy.[:D]

Valairy_Scot
    Qui and Obi have a long way to go. [face_worried] Releasing him from slavery is only the beginning.[face_whistling]
    You know me well.[face_dancing]
    I can?t bear the thought of a dead Obi.[face_shame_on_you]

earlybird-obi-wan
    Thank you[face_love] I?ll try not to hurt him too much.;)

jedidas3

I did leave it there!:p I?m trying to be like others I know who leave poor Obi in dire situations.[face_thinking]
    Thank you my friend I had a great holiday.:cool:

Bastet
    I wanted to make you cry.:_| I'm so mean So I added a sad father son bit.
    So you want Obi to live [face_thinking] umm well see.;)
    Thanks for reading my friend[:D]

KELIA
    Ah you know Qui-Gon He always does what he must.!:oops:
    Thanks [face_dancing]

Lady_Misty
    I tried to make him as cruel as possible .[face_worried] I know I?m evil.[face_devil]

[i]We'll sic Jo Lupo on him! [/i]
    Go right ahead.[face_idea]

Lolly_Tolly
    Gerota will fight back he doesn?t want to lose his slave. :mad:
    Ok,ok your not sweet.[face_love] Your sithly. [face_devil]

Here comes the next chapter. By the way are you melting up there in Qld.
    I?m melting down here in NSW8-}

Heres the next post thanks to all that reviewed...

ooo

Qui-Gon, Mace and Gerota were standing on the balcony above the main doors of the mansion waiting for the arrival of the four ships. Two were Qui?s and Mace?s and the other two belonged to Gerota?s associates. Qui-Gon and Mace were relieved when their two ships entered the atmosphere and touched down on the south side of the mansion.

Qui-Gon glanced over to the barn and he could sense that Obi-Wan was stretching out through the Force checking the ships. He hoped the arrival of two ships filled with Jedi would ease Obi-Wan?s fear a bit and give him some hope for the future.

?Ah, here they come now,? Gerota, said as he pointed to a grey cargo ship that was hovering over the Northern side of the compound. No sooner had it landed when another ship almost the same size, but a darker metal colour landed next to it.
    ?Come my friends we?ll go down and meet them and I?ll introduce you to my partners.?

They walked down the staircase and out the front door as two men walked towards them.

Gerota slapped them on the back and all three men hugged briefly. ?Davik, Gheza, these are the two merchants I was telling you about, Mace and Qui.?

Qui-Gon quickly took in Davik?s appearance as he smiled and nodded to him. He was similar in build to Qui-Gon, yet Davik?s hair was white and was pulled back in one long plait down his back. His face was marked with a long scar from his forehead down across his nose and ended just under his right ear. He had on a leather waistcoat and his arms were covered in tattoos. His trousers were made of leather too and they were skintight. He had a blaster hanging off a silver studded belt and several knives in ornate holders dangling on each side. Gerota had told them that Davik was a crime lord and he employed some of the most vicious bounty hunters in the galaxy. He had been Gerota?s partner for several years.

?Gerota tells me that you have two Majestic-class Nubian Cruisers?? Davik asked.

?Qui-Gon smiled. ?Yes, they just arrived, they are beautiful ships and not only are they the fastest in the galaxy; we?ve had them modified to hold more slaves and cargo. We?ve just upgraded them with the latest hyper drive technology too.?

?Remarkable! I wouldn?t mind taking a look at them, is that alright with you??

?Certainly Davik, it would be my pleasure to show you.? Qui-Gon said, thinking that he would delight in locking Davik in the hold and taking him back to Coruscant to stand trial.

Gheza stepped forward and shook Qui-Gon?s hand. He was a

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And now to the rescue Qui-Gon[face_praying][face_praying] Those criminals are up to no good at all.

great update as always=D==D=

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Poor Obi - I hope he hangs on long enough to help the Jedi complete their mission and then for Qui to save him. However, it might be easier to "save" Obi-Wan physically than mentally.

18. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Davik is in a lot of trouble, now. Poor Obi! I hope he survives!

That depends on how you define melting? Do you mean temperature? (Which has been in the mid-high 30s, I think.) Or do you mean humidity? (Which has been beyond description.) Apparently, we haven't been as hot as down south. You have my sympathy, Geri! (At least we've had rain intermitantly.)

19. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    That's it! *staggers around; grabs chest* You've given me a heart attack! Baaadddd Padawan! [face_shame_on_you] Give me a minute......... Okay, all better. ;) I knew Obi wasn't getting off so easily. I just hope Qui gets there in time. Maybe Gerota will make good on his threat and really kill Davik. Please don't make me wait too long for the next post! [face_praying]

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    It's sickening what Obi-Wan has to go through, what makes it sadder is that a few hundred years ago no one rose an eyebrow at it.

If you're wondering who Jo Lupo is she's the Sheriff Deputy in a little town named Eureka. She's part of the military and she took on an advanced Recon guy, the ones that are trained to kill a hundred ways with their bare hands; the rifle's just to be polite, and she came out on top (she did take him by surprise though).

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh dear, Davik's snuck off to the barn where Obi is...this can't be good. [face_worried]

I hope Qui can manage not to blow his cover prematurely, and yet still find a way to help Obi! [face_worried]

I can't wait to find out what happens, I really love this story. [face_love]

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?I was just wondering why Davik has gone to the barn??

AAAGGGHHH!

I'm ready to kill Davik myself!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope Qui or Gerota get there before he hurts Obi any more.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?Hey, where are you going Qui??

?I was just wondering why Davik has gone to the barn?? he said trying to keep his voice at a calm level hoping by telling Gerota, he may do something about Davik.

?What- that bantha brain, that?s it! I?ve had it with him Gheza, he?s your friend, but if he?s hurting my boy I?ll kill him!?

Hope Obi-Wan is okay...[face_worried] Now I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what's going on back at the barn.

24. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Go Qui-Gon! Another nailbiting post...why do you do this to me?

Waiting for the next post, rather patiently, I might add...well, sorta...;)

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. Those men were certainly cruel especially the one with the whip. I hope the Jedi can get the trackers on the ships in time. Obi-Wan better look out because that Davik is certainly likely be going after him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.