main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The SLEEPY TOWER Game Thread! -- Congratulations to the winner: JarJarHater!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Coruscant, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Okay, okay, I'm leaving. You didn't have to be so cold-blooded and evil! :_|

2. JarJarHater

JarJarHater Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2000
    End scene.

Thank you, thank you.

The thread is now at 300 pages, and all is right with the world, it can be closed now, if need be.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, it's custom for Sleepy threads to just "drift off", if you get my... drift... :p

JarJarHater, my most heartfelt congratulations. :D Congratulations on winning the greatest Sleepy game yet.

A tip of the hat to our gracious final losers: solojones, SubZ, TIE, Dancer, and moose. Another tip for the other great players who did not make it to the end, which there are plenty.

I encourage whomever is interested to continue the Sleepy series. I know a couple expressed interest in another 24-hour game. Feel free to consult the official figures of Sleepy past: milney, harpuah, Earwen_Lightrider, Quixotic-Sith and perhaps Jello if he's not too busy.

Good luck, have fun!

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    How about a Sleepy Tower Redux? We could have a challenge in which all the characters have to find a certain place and then find a party when they get there.

5. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    someone should of been Leonidas, this thread is at 300 pages.[face_laugh]

6. _ClarkKent_

_ClarkKent_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2007
    Haha moose, a Sleepy Tower reunion game? You know, that might be interesting, especially if we allowed people to play as any character they'd played before. Kind of an All-Star Sleepy game... but not one that lasts two and a half months :p

7. Broly

Broly Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2007
    I can see the animosity between you two guys.

8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Congrats JJH. Sorry I just drifted off, guys. I just got a bit overwhelmed between this and about 5 other projects (including work) that I was doing at the same time.

The final group was about who I had figured it would come down to though.

9. DancerPadme

DancerPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2007
    Congrats JJH!!!!! I'm sorry guys I wasn't able to play in the finale, but things got out of hand at my apt. If you want all the delightful details to the hellish day I had yesterday but I ll be willing to tell :p

It was great fun you guys!! :) Hope to play with you all again

10. Keijo-Sawyer

Keijo-Sawyer Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2007
    DANCER! :eek:

Honestly I especially ended up hating being the murderer at the end seeing as how I had to remove such great players like yourself :( . I did hold off on you for a while though.

I like the sound of a reunion, but maybe with Quix as a murderer instead...

Being evil isn't very fun when people start to hate you :p

11. Schwartz_Master

Schwartz_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2003
    Hey, Dancer! How ya doing?

12. DancerPadme

DancerPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2007
    Keijo, like I said, you had to do what you did. But thanks for holding off, and sorry about not posting in here during the day but I had no access to internet, (even trying to borrow internet wasnt working)

Quix was the murderer in the previous game, it was pretty interesting :)

And Tie....I'm doing good, frustrated but good

13. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Congrats Jar Jar. I figured you'd win. =D=

14. _ClarkKent_

May 16, 2007
    Quix did murder you, Keijo. And did not murder me but killed my dreams. My poor, defenceless dreams.

Dancer, I hated that you couldn't participate yesterday to wrap up your character :( I went berserk on a bunch of robots for you, though.

15. JarJarHater

Sep 15, 2000
    I like the idea of some kind of reunion or All-Stars version of the Sleepy game. But, how many memorable characters are there in all of the iterations? Including some celebrities from the celebrity edition would be fun. I think any future Sleepy games should all be about using characters from literature, video games, movies and TV, or real people, rather than some random made-up guys, but maybe that's just me. I think it's funner to RP a character when other people know the character and can see whether or not you are playing correctly or not. Plus, it's easier to RP them, since they have a set character and all that. I am curious about one thing? Why "Sleepy?" All the games have had that word as a common element, and I'm unsure as to it's meaning.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Congratulations JJH!

Sorry I wasn't around for the end and I guess I wasn't around even for my death. By the way could anyone tell on what page I died?

17. _ClarkKent_

May 16, 2007
    Hmm, I'm not sure when it happened, sorry. I'm putting that one on Jay :p

JJH, I completely agree. I think when you have someone at least somewhat familiar, it's better. An All-Star version with fictional, historical, and celebrity people especially would be fun. The original character games were a really long time ago, and I guess someone could use one of those, but it's also less likely since they were a while ago.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Huh? I didn't kill him. :p

I'm going to unban TIE 30 mins early so I don't forget like I did with moose. Though in my defense, my internet was failing to even load the JC. :p

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I prefer original characters as I can make up someone who's similar to me enough so that I can RP without too much effort when I'm tired but sufficiently different to me to make it interesting when I'm fully awake and creative. Using a pre-existing character takes away the hassle of making one up, but you could pick a really obscure character and no one will know who you are, like in this game I knew less than half of the characters.

Hehe, it wasn't a problem. I'd only just gotten up, when I saw I was still banned I sent the unban request and went to get a cup of tea. :)

20. Keijo-Sawyer

May 14, 2007
    You and your TEA!

21. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Hah, that reminds me of this stupid rule I had made during Sleepy Hotel's recruitment way back in winter-spring 2004. I had decreed that no Castle players could join because I was secretly saving them for a future all-stars game! :p I eventually realized my foolishness and lifted the rule, and that's when the recruitment swelled to the 50 players it got in the end. Great game it was, flawed, but great. This one has been much greater and much less flawed, thank God.

As for your question about how many memorable characters there are.... there is a whole mine of them! From Mansion to Tower. We kind of have the prototype generation (Mansion), then we've got Castle-Hotel-Isle, and now Palace-Area51-Tower. All generations have had their great players and I would be glad to supply names and characters in case some sort of active recruitment is conducted. And remember, Castle and Hotel (two of the greatest games) were exclusively original characters created by their players. ;)

As for the Sleepy question... that's a good question. I think originally, I was ripping off Sleepy Hollow (the Tim Burton movie, not the book). With Mansion, I was aiming for a creepy atmosphere and a murder mystery and I thought Sleepy would be a good choice. Quite honestly, the games have outgrown the Sleepy moniker. But what would you all suggest be used in its place? I'm serious, let's get some suggestions and you guys all vote on them. I would recommend including veterans of Sleepy past (AcklayComeHome and his crowd particularly).

I had envisioned doing a sort of SLEEPY WORLD in the future should I ever return in full, as a fully fledged game host. It would take place in Madding's paradise and by using the holodecks as an explanation, I would integrate SLEEPY PAST into the game as a sort of "prevent these guys from changing history's set course" kind of deal. And then all players from all games could take up their favorite characters and work together across the Sleepy universes. :D

The concept isn't reserved for me however and you guys are most welcome to take it for your own. I would love to be a part of it... no, scratch that, I would love to be a part of any future Sleepy incarnation. My PM box is always open. As I've stated, I'm not really interested in the JC itself, but I'll always have a spot for the Sleepies.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What can I say? I'm British. *sips tea* :p

Cor: I've had an idea for a game, not quite as fancy as the Sleepy World one though. When would be a good time to start doing anything properly with it?

23. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Whenever you like. Since you live on the other side of the world, I would recommend a co-host on the other side of the pond. ;)

24. JarJarHater

Sep 15, 2000
    So, when does my VIP-ship officially start?

25. Keijo-Sawyer

May 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.