main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update The slightly-late MSU/ATB for May 20, 2009

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Rogue...Jedi, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    There's our "Higher Standard"

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Explain, Mr. Sarcasm Knight. Otherwise that's just a cheap bait.

3. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    malkie. irony?

4. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    No, explain your comment to me.

5. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    sorry, don't trust you

6. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Ok. Well this is Comms, not the Sarcasm Knights. You want to ***** about my personal character, go there for it - I fully support it.

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I'm not a Knight. And I'm "****"ing about your moderation.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Then I ask again...what exactly is your complaint about it? Honestly I'm open to constructive criticism, just not personal character criticism.

9. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
  10. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Are you two getting divorced?[face_worried]

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    SLG, I think you just need to act a little more professionally. When people come to comms, they expect their mods to be considerate, give them thoughtful answers, be helpful, etc... while not becoming derisive and, quite frankly, affected. You're not going to like what I'm about to say, but you're kind of reminding me of malkie and the attitude he had when he was moderator. :)

Take it or leave it.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    At least SLG and Malkie before her, participated in Comms, which is more than I can say for about three fourths of the MS.

13. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Hmm. That makes me wonder. Does comms make the mod or does the mod make comms? :p

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read through Comms threads at least twice a week, but I feel no need to post something unless I've got something valuable to add. Most of the time I don't. :p It seems rather pointless to post, "Exactly!" or something along those lines and hardly adds to the discussion.

So a lot of moderators may be watching but, like me, don't post unless they feel they have something substantial to say.

15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    A few points on this:

- I may be aggressive and stubborn like Malkie. Is this always bad? No. Has it done me wrong yet? No. Is it intimidating? Probably to users who don't know me (Comms), but the forum I mod has no issue because they know me better than that. I'm not going to be a bulldog around here. But I'm also not going to let users or mods walk all over me if I have something to say.

- My attitude towards Flare is something entirely different and is related to his consistent harassment to me off the boards. I apologize if that's the attitude you were referring to, I don't wish to bring off-board drama here.

- I'm not being payed, so professionalism is optional.

16. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah I got the impression that SLG's promotion was because she is a departure from the Moding norm. Which isn't a bad thing, just likely difficult for some people to take. Some feel that the JCC mod team needs a shakeup and some new blood. They got that. That doesn't make her a bad mod IMO, just unconventional. :p

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, I'll give you this, SLG, you're not a complete snooze-inducer like the last twenty gajillion promotions have been. :p

18. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    absolutely.

Your childish knee-jerk reactions to criticism which you disagree with needs improvement. For example; your thread in the JCC as a result of this one, and your posting the laughing face at a comment which wasn't even directed at you. If you disagree with a criticism then just post saying that rather than resort to what are horribly low jabs below what is expected from a moderator.

I totally agree with this observation, and again (for the third time) I must stress that I do appreciate SLG making the effort to post in Comms while others don't

We went through a discussion on this in the MS a while back, and at the time it was generally agreed that sometimes just posting your agreement with a mod opinion in Comms was to be encouraged. If only to show that you are reading, and to show support for your mod colleagues in Comms.

40 mods posting "I agree" would be unnecessary, but I'd personally appreciate more than just the same set of mods posting in comms (which incidentally I'd include you in the regular mods in comms)

19. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003

That thread wasn't even directed towards you. [face_plain]

And laughing isn't a crime.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, malkie, that every moderator should post at least sometimes in Comms. It's important, just to let everyone know that you're aware of what is going on in Comms and that you care. Just like we should be seen regularly in our own forums. If we're absent, then we can't really be a part of the community. And that is the most important job of a moderator.

21. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    where did I say it was ?

I thought you said you were open to criticism ? Apparently not......
    Whatever your motivation for posting that sarcastic face it was unbecoming and potentially deters users from giving you feedback hence limiting your development in the MS.

22. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Ok this has gone too far, Malkie. It is one thing to offer constructive criticism but your hostile attitude and commentary has been anything but. Stop it. Now.

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I guess I'm not sure what we are supposed to be doing in this thread now. It looks like there was an update to this convo in the last MSU (Twilek's from the 27th), although I'm not sure if there was an agreement or answer, or even if there was supposed to be. It seems to have been addressed there, though and maybe that's all that was needed. I would still like a clarification about "bitch" and "whore", but I can wait until there's a new update if it's going to be on that or bring it up in the newer MSU.

24. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm genuinely taken aback - what's unconstructive about what I've said? Had I posted "you suck, get better", then I'd totally agree with you, but that wasn't the case. Personally, I'd argue that comms isn't the place for feedback, and it should be taken to PMs, however you made it clear in the thread that you'd welcome constructive criticism.

Where exactly have I been hostile? Did I start a baiting thread in the JCC ? I'd argue that was rather hostile compared to balanced posting in comms providing examples to support my (original) issue.

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.