main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update The slightly-late MSU/ATB for May 20, 2009

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Rogue...Jedi, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Here's the thing. You say your talk is constructive - yet all I'm seeing is your "you suck, get better" disguised in fancy words. What I mentioned earlier about being a bulldog in Comms - that's what you do. And you word it "nicely", and yet the context that all of these quotes were in just doesn't help. It's not nice - it's passive aggressive, and no one deserves to be subjected to that kind of attitude in Comms. This is a place to fix things, and you're not playing along. I don't care what words you use, what you say is the same exact thing in the end, and it's nonconstructive and demeaning.

The best part about all of this - this is MS update thread. And somehow you've been complaining about my performance as a mod in here. Related? No. It was at the beginning of the conversation, not anymore. If you sincerely have an issue with my moderation, I suggest you go through the mod complaint process. This is not the place for it.

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    .......then I'm disappointed. My posts in this thread started as a genuine concern about a lack of general moderation in the JCC. I provided specific examples to support my arguement. You responded to the concerns saying you didn't feel there was any requirement for moderation, however shot yourself slightly in the foot saying you would most like moderate the examples I posted as sample JCC thread titles.

Then things got a little messy when I questioned your role in the JCC, a question which remains unanswered. You don't have to answer to me, however if you are unable to post a couple of sentences of what you perceive your role in the JCC is then I genuinely question your promotion.

Then things got worse when you started your 'cry more' type thread in the JCC, then posted a laughing face at what was a reasonably fair comment in Comms.

Essentially my point is that you aren't exactly conducting this discussion on the level of JCC moderation in a particularly constructive way. Again, I'm not simply saying "you suck, get better", I'm providing examples to support what I'm saying.

I'd argue you aren't playing along. I'd done nothing but raise examples to be met with sarcasm in here, and parody in the JCC. It's not how to fix things, even if you disagree with the issues being raised in a fair way in comms.

I'm sorry you see it that way, but playing victim doesn't work when you've acted in the way you have. It started with genuine issues with the JCC, and it would have stayed that way had you simply responded to the concerns being raised. However you didn't, then got childish when users pointed out that your posting was less than what you would expect from a mod.

You had the gumption to actually post in comms when users raised issues over the JCC (when other jcc mods remained silent). However the issue wasn't with your performance as a mod, but rather an issue with the stance that the JCC mods have taken over recent activities.

I repeated that my issue wasn't with you, and that I appreciated you posting in comms. However, when you lowered the discussion in the way(s) you did I think I was fair to point that out. Now you play victim, but I genuinely feel that is a totally unfair representation of what has occured.

I'm glad you requoted that as it stresses something I've been stating all along. Hopefully you'll learn something from this experience.

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I've been reading this thread and support my mod colleagues (ITT: SLG primarily) in Comms. :)

Over and out!
    -I_H

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why is this thread still happening? As I've expressed to some people privately, by about Friday of last week, I would say that the JCC returned to "normal." The problem users are largely either gone, or have reformed enough to fit into the community in a way that's tolerable. I'd like to thank the mods for hearing us out, and implementing and an effective strategy for dealing with the problem. I don't see why anything more needs to be said, unless things flare up again.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Well I learned my lesson. Don't post in Comms.

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Just as a slight quote to make my point, you included this in your opening post to me in this thread :-

rather hostile, and rather cutting to suggest that I never post in the JCC, considering it's the forum I used to mod, and the only forum I post in to any degree.

Again, I'm just saying that we raised some valid points, and this was your opening response.

Anyways, this post is somewhat offtopic, but I'm going to defend myself if I believe I'm being unfairly dealt with.

edit

That would be a genuine disappointment if that was the outcome. Comms needs more mods to actually post for it to work, and I'd hate to think we'd lost another one over a discussion on what's acceptable in the JCC.

7. Bill_Shankly

Bill_Shankly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2009
    I'll see your [face_laugh] and raise you [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Higher standard indeed...

8. FORCEFED

FORCEFED Jedi Master star 5

Nov 27, 2002
    infighting, w00t! lol

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    malkie, give it a rest already, okay?

You are famous for doing this to new moderators, particularly new female moderators. We get it... you feel that nobody is capable of doing as "good" of a job as you did.

SLG is absolutely right... you passive aggresively attack new moderators under the guise of caring about the community. You've been doing it for years... it's too common of a bahaviour for you to deny it, and play innocent.

It's good that you care, but you can care without the constant negative remarks.

SLG is doing things differently... it's refreshing. She's not bending over for the MS, Comms, or her peers (the chat, etc). She's finding her footing, and trying new approaches... there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Like I said, it's actually refreshing. Something great could come of it, so please, I would love to see you stop it, and let her try this out. Give her a chance. She's been a mod for only a month... and that's hardly enough time for you to form an opinion. She's not going to fit this "moderator mold" you have set in your head... and again, that's a good thing.

Back off.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Same here! I posted back before to point out something that was a good point the few of you do not speak for the whole of the JCC, my post was mocked, I agree completely with SLG. Why bother? People don't seem to be looking for answers or responses that make sense. They're looking to pick a fight and that disheartens me. The last several pages would prove that point. And it seems since the Admins are absent its a free for all.

11. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Everyone picking sides seemed to happen around page 5 and 6. However, after about page 7, everyone seemed to say "to heck with sides" and instead started shooting at each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.