main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Small Screen - TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    how many episodes on the disc(s)? I'll probably get the Magnum P.I. one.

I do find these "best of" concepts a bit annoying. I think there's a lot of people who'd far rather wait for an entire season to get released, rather than just get a few randomly compiled episodes. Certainly, I'd love a complete set of "Magnum P.I."

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I feel the same way ... but I figure they aren't going to release a complete set unless they can get decent sales numbers for the best of collections, so its worth the investment.

The Knight Rider one was a two disc set, containing the two hour pilot, and 4 other 1 hour episodes. Not sure about the others.

3. SW-SG-1FanNZ

SW-SG-1FanNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    I watch Simpons, Friends, Scrubs,Third Watch and i am a big fan of Stargate SG-1, i have seen every episode since the show started, i have also got Season's 1&2 dvd boxed sets, Season 3 is due out 13 May, i can't wait.

Bring back Apophis!

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Scrubs is one of the few shows which seems to get better with every season. Really enjoying it at the moment.

5. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Scrubs rocks!! I try never to miss it. and yes STH it does keep getting better

6. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I didin't like the first season of scrubs for some reason.... I've only just got into it!

7. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Scrubs is great. It's on tonight too. :D In about... oh, three minutes.

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Scrubs - so buying the DVD collection if and when it comes out. I lack a crucial thing in my flat. A TV :(

9. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    I already have dibs on the title of second-biggest Scrubs fan ever. Personally I think season one was the best, but seasons two and three (so far) haven't been disappointing.

Good episode with returning season one guest star Brendan Fraser coming up soon, and also a couple with Michael J. Fox. As for DVDs, Zach Braff (J.D.) recently said fans can expect a DVD later this year, although this could well change.

10. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I think SimplyThrilledHoney should get a job at MTS as the dude who closes the blinds every time the media show up.

11. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > I think SimplyThrilledHoney should get a job at MTS as the dude who closes the blinds every time the media show up.

If I had any idea what you were talking about, I'd come up with a witty riposte.

I don;t even know what MTS is.

???

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    'MTS' is the Maori television service.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm with STH on this one. I'm still stumped. [face_plain]

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > I think SimplyThrilledHoney should get a job at MTS as the dude who closes the blinds every time the media show up.

Aaaaah ... so if MTS is Maori Television Service, then I guess this is supposed to imply that I'm some sort of lefty appologist or soemthing.

Quite what prompted this is beyond me, although it should be pointed out that when I worked at Student Job Search my nickname was "The Feminist Warrior".

There's a loooong story there ...

15. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I used to think I was pretty liberal ... until I went to university, and discovered terms such as liberal are really the product of media conglomerates and the dominant mainstream eurocentric worldview, which attempts to oppress us all into a homogenized state. [face_mischief] those darn conglomerates ...

In tv news, it looks like we're going to see a season one set of Knight Rider on DVD either this year or next year. I guess buying that 'best of' set must've paid off ...

16. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Just wonderin' if anyone actually thinks Sportscafe on TV2 is funny. ?[face_plain]

17. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I hate sports, so I don't think I get the jokes. Unless it really just isn't funny.

18. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    Eh, I think I've watched it once, but I'm not a big fan of sports--whether watching it or playing it myself 8-}-- so I didn't get it.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    It's aimed at beer drinking, sports enjoying yobbo's and ****heads. I think it's bloody halarious!

Marc and his antics and how they get hot chicks who can't dance to do just that. oh, and then there's "National nude day" and the antics they get people to film themselves doing.

It's great.

Alas I miss the convenience of a television.

//sigh//

I've watched all the movies on my computer at least thrice... and some more... a lot more. :(

20. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Why don't you just buy a cheap TV card for your computer SFL?

or buy a cheapy tv off trademe?

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    How much is a TV card?

Then, I could get SKY too... I've heard a guy who did... somehow. :p

22. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    80sh dollars Dick Smith

but then again DSE are usually expensive

23. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    If you can affor the monthly Sky bill, you might as well get a proper TV. And Dick Smith is too expensive, shop around somewhere else. :)

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    No Winter, you missed it. You DONT pay for sky. It's a hack. lol

So I can't afford SKY. [face_plain]

25. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I just got the newly released boxed set of "Freaks and Geeks". I'm not sure if any of you watched this when it aired here in 2000, but in my opinion it is _the_ ultimate TV series. It's the only show which, I think, shows adolescene as it really is, or was for me at least. (The fact that it's set in 1980 is great too, as it makes reference to all the popular culture I grew up with.)

The 18 episodes are spread over 6 DVDs, with 29 audio commentaries, deleted scenes, promos, behind the scenes footage etc. It's a fantastic package and has been put together so lovingly.

Oh, and there are tonnes of Star Wars references in the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.