main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Small Screen - TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Looks like TV3 are going to be showing Star Wars on tv again ... they're starting to show those 3 sec 'coming soon' ads again. I wonder if they've obtained the tv rights to AotC?

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    The only ads that seemed to be playing last night during "Fight Club" were the star-wars short clips and the 4 minute long asb goldstien ad...

3. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    'The Mythology of Star Wars' is screening on tv3 today, at 2pm.

ANH is on next Saturday (the 14th) at 7:30pm.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > ANH is on next Saturday (the 14th) at 7:30pm.

Cool, I've always meant to watch that movie. I hear it's quite good.

5. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    ANH? thats the hacking move about the Access Node Hub's isint it?

6. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    ANH? thats the hacking move about the Access Node Hub's isint it?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

-Mel

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I don't get it.

Anyway, I hear it rips off the Lord of the Rings with glowing swords and stuff, aye ACE. :)

8. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, and both the lead heroes are kinda whinney (Luke/Frodo) and offset by charismatic rogues (Han/Aragorn) and bumbling comdedic relief sidekicks (R2,3PO/Merry,Pippin) plus an old wise dude (Kenobi/Gandalf)......

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Not only that, but Christopher Lee in both sagas and the use of "powers" to move stuff. Like when gandalf gets lifted up in Orthanc and like when Darth Vader throws things at Luke.

And Cloning orcs - like the clones in Ep 2.

10. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I wonder where all that similarity is coming from! :D

-Mel

11. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Did anybody watch it tonight?
    I missed it unfortunately, might have to put on the video tomorrow for a lazy sunday.

I think i said this before somewhere, but theres something cool about watching Star Wars on TV :cool:

12. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    but theres something cool about watching Star Wars on TV cool

with or without commercials?

-Mel

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    with, of course. Or else it's just a video playing through ther TV and not "on tv".

I watched some, but the olympics and then Rules of Engagement kinda took over... and I havn't seen SW in probably years. :( Ah well, as long as I see ROTJ I'll be ok. :p

14. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    with, of course. Or else it's just a video playing through ther TV and not "on tv".

could be on Pay-per-view or something that is without commercials and still ON TV! :oops:

-Mel

15. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm going dry on Star Wars to make the most of the dvd release. I couldn't resist flicking it on now and then, though ... I always like to catch the promo ads for esb and rotj.

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Simpsons ad looks a ripper.

hahaha

Think of the "baja men" song "who let the dogs out?" and put it with Marge getting breast implants...

gonna be a funny episode i think.

17. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    which Simpson season is that?

-Mel

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The 14th. That episode also sees the return of Stampy :) My passion for elephants almost rivals my passion for Star Wars ... my elephant 'merchandice' fights for shelf space with my Star Wars collectables, so the Stampy episode is one of my all time favs.

I forgot to mention that 'Brassed Off' one of Ewan McGregor's early films is screening on prime tv tonight.

19. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    has anyone watched living ther dream? I watched this weeks episode and found it quite amusing.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I've missed one episode. The fact that they chose a farm boy from the Hawkes Bay cause they didn't think he'd be so smart and observant and the show is possibly going south because of it is the best part! Also, how he's keen on the "opposite character" to him (the rich self centered city girl) and doesn't get annoyed at her but forgives her and continues spading is awesome too! :p

The over acting of that "Mule character" was terrible. [face_plain]

21. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Living The Dream is pretty amusing, but if you can't tell that those people are being fully too camp and overzealous, you're not that observant, IMHO. Though I personally think Sam is well aware of something, but playing possum.

I have to say, there's something cool about seeing SW on TV. Maybe it's the nostalgic factor, I don't know, but I still enjoy watching it when I can.

Also, it's cool how TV2 has been repeating Scrubs late night during the week. Nice to have something amusing to watch before I crash out at nights.

22. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Scrubs is one of the better US shows on TV, although my current sitcom is definately "Malcolm In The Middle". I think it has reached the genius of Season 4/5 Simpsons, in that it now inhabits a completely self-contained, insular world. it's totally surreal on one level, but never over-the-top. I think Dewy is on of the most interesting characters on TV.

Currently enjoying _not_ watching too much TV, although I bought the DVDs of "John Safran's Music Jamboree", which are just brilliant. You seen that Kai? It's be right up your alley.

23. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Scrubs is one of the better US shows on TV, although my current sitcom is definately "Malcolm In The Middle". I think it has reached the genius of Season 4/5 Simpsons, in that it now inhabits a completely self-contained, insular world. it's totally surreal on one level, but never over-the-top. I think Dewy is on of the most interesting characters on TV.

Currently enjoying _not_ watching too much TV, although I bought the DVDs of "John Safran's Music Jamboree", which are just brilliant. You seen that Kai? It's be right up your alley.

Malcolm in the Middle has grabbed my attention the past season or so, the storylines are continually inventive and I'm actively making the time to watch it now, though like you Lawrence, I'm avoiding the goggle box a lately, insane amounts of rubbish on.

I've heard of John Safran's Music Jamboree but confess to knowing nothing about it....

24. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > I've heard of John Safran's Music Jamboree but confess to knowing nothing about it....

You'd (probably) love it. If you can imagine something halfway between "Eating Media Lunch" and Michael Moore's "TV Nation"/"The Awful Truth" shows, but all about music. It's basically a comedy show, hosted by this Australian guy who's passionate about music. They mainly do "stunts" a la Michael Moore, like ...

Forming a Jewish boyband called Jew'town and trying to pitch them to conservative Christian rock labels,

Getting 9 teenage boys into an exclusive Melbourne nightclub by dressing them up in masks and calling the manager and teling them Slipknot will be drinking there that night.

Making up celebrity "riders" full of all sorts of exotic stuff and then giving them to unsung musicans like church organists, childrens' entertainers etc.

The humour is fairly reliant on you being a little obsessive about pop music, but it's _very_ funny. Drop 'round some time and I'll loan you the discs. (I don't think you can buy it here.)

25. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I watched the Scrubs rerun from the first episode, pretty cool since I missed a large chunk of the first season. :) I somehow started watching Malcolm in the Middle too, that episode when Lois and Malcolm went to the college was hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.