main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Small Screen - TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Scrubs is probably now one of my all time favourite programmes. Scrubs is pure genius.

Malc in the Middle is also a bit of a must see these days and it never ceases to get a few chuckles out of me!

The Simpsons has gone through a drought and is now very funny with new topics and themes and is just great. I find myself almost taken back with the swearing and topics though sometimes as I still look at it as a 'kids cartoon' but realise it's most certainly not. :p

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Okay, the Simpsons episode where Mark Hamill cameos should be screening tonight. Finally, I will see it!

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Anyone catch the mini-series on 3 tonight and last night "Jessica" by Bryce Courtenay (SP?). Not a bad show, I'm sure the book is better as is the case with most book / movie adaptations. I thought it was a good watch, but hated the ending. I thought certain people should have got what was coming to em! Interesting bit of information about the Aboriginies in there too, with what they went through if based on true events.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Na didn't watch it, not my cup of tea.

But i did note that the star 'Jessica' was played by none other than Leanna Walsman, who you may know as ZAM WESSELL the bounty hunter from AOTC.

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Oh, I thought she looked familar!

Nice SW spotting. Where did that thread die off to? :p

6. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    does anyone watch reno 911 on channel 1?
    Damn funny taking the piss out of reality tv shows!

7. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Yayyyyyyyy Queer Eye started back last night. Its the one show me and my sister watch together.........

Its really funny!

And sometimes there are some quite good tips on it!

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    mmmmmmmm Lavender instead of moth balls, and it smells better!

caught just the end Looks like at that time slot on a Wed night I might have to do uni work. I can't stand it, and the other channel has crap on too.

Scrubs still rocks!

9. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Damn, I meant to watch "Jessica" but I missed it. I kept thinking I've seen that face somewhere before.

Queer Eye is not exactly something I'd watch...

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I was just reading in the newspaper about brotown, nz's first adult animated tv show. The made a lot of comparisons to The Simpsons, South Park, Billy T James etc, but for some reason, never mentioned the Semisi family, which I think is the most obvious comparison. Am I the only one who still remembers them? I guess so.

11. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I remember it, Kitt. Very faintly. Was that the one that was on one of the skit shows that got made into a series? If so I don't think anyone wants to remember it. Didn't it fail miserably?

I'm kinda curious about Bro' Town, though. Might take the time to check it out.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea from the ad's Brotown looks like a crack up.

13. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Anyone else watch Brotown last night?

That was probably the first time I've ever laughed out lound in a New Zealand comedy. OK, so some of the humour was extremely juvenile ("poos and wees! poos and wees!") but I thought the actual writing was really snappy, and consistently funny throughout.

Apparently it's been greenlighted for a new series, too.

Definately one I'll keep watching.

14. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I don't understand why the white guys keep pulling each others pants down???

I guess they're saying that all white guys are gay???

Anyway, the highlight for me is when that little guy always says "Al" at the end of every sentence.

About ten years ago I knew a Maori guy how lived in his car ... & he always added "Al" to the end of all his sentences.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    A downtrou is a sign of homosexuality?

Uhh. Right-ho.

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    From a west auckland schooling and having many mates that are maori or polynesian, and the "aier" at the end of sentences is quite funny.

Yea, I thought the whole programe was a crack up. The Hydroponics call was one to laugh at. And one of the competing school's name was "F.A.G.S" in the background on their motif, just a little something picked up. hehe

Taking the piss outta people like Robbie was halarious too. Scribe and other people like David Tua making small appearances is quite cool too.

edit = JP, when downtrou'd at least one gentleman was wearing pink frilly underwear... I'm not sure what to make of that part of the show. :p Just silly banter at old "proper" men.

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    That is a common stereotype about all-boys, elite schools (homosexuality). Especially if they are boarding schools.

18. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > About ten years ago I knew a Maori guy how lived in his car ... & he always added "Al" to the end of all his sentences.

Silver, you always have to get in a little dig at Maori, don't you? My suggestion would be to either
    a) get over your prejudices, or
    b) emigrate.

19. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    I'm racist because I knew a guy who does the same thing as a character in "Bro'Town"???

Ohhh, Lawrence. [face_tired]

20. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    No, you're racist because, were I to read through all your posts, as -SILVER-, 2Dark and TheDarknessWithin, it would be apparent that you are obsessed with Maoridom, and always like to get in a little dig and make negative comments. It was the "I knew a guy who lived in his car ..." comment. I guess I could compile a list for you, if you really are so blind to your own intolerance, but to be honest I have better things to do, like work, spend time with my wife, go to gigs, etc. You see, I fill my life up with the things I love, and don't spend every second fixating on the things I hate and plotting "revenge".

Anyway, I can't be bothered with this any more. You admitted yourself that you hate all the NZers on this board and refuse to be civil to them. So, why do you come here? Just to start arguments?

I bow out. Enjoy your life.

[edited to remove comment made in poor taste]

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    <taken to PM>

22. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    STH, shut up! I didn't get the feeling he was being racist at all, he knew someone??? Man get over it.
    And speaking of tolerance, leave the special oylmpics out of your posts then. :)

And BTW: Brotown is crap, low brow at it's worst.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Easy does it mate. I suspect you don't know the history associated with this "Silver" chap. And I've already spoken to STH about the olympics comment and he was unable to edit due to time, a mod will probably be asked to edit it as it was a "heat of the moment" thing and it was not aimed as a deroggitory slander towards disabled people.

24. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Appologies re: the Special olympics comment. It was out of line. (It's not "mine", but an overused comment I've seen on many internet message boards ... sorry for any offence caused.)

BEN_KENOBIE_BACK ... ok, I'll shut up. But that one comment by Mr Silver was taken in isolation. If you'd been floowing his little diatribes for the last year or so you might have a better idea what I'm talking about. So you can shut up too.

I'll get my coat ...

25. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    I know a girl who looks exactly like Meg Ryan.

I guess in Lawrence's fantasy world that means I hate white people.

Lawrence, as a result of our last PM, I was just starting to think that perhaps you have a good head on your shoulders after all ... but then you go & throw your toys out of the cot & execute that stupid bloody post.

Lawrence, if you & Vanessa are having marital problems ... please don't take it out on me.
    One of my sisters is a marriage counsellor & so happens to live fairly close to you.
    If you like I can PM you her details.
    If money is a problem I'm sure I could convince her to give you a substantial discount.
    Ohhh, & perhaps you could also discuss your obsession with racism.

EDIT:
    Hey Lawrence, why do you hate disabled people???
    Did a bunch of disabled people attack you when you were a kid???
    Perhaps you could also talk to my sister about this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.