main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT and Nightmarez: October schedule (And big news!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, SMTers-

October is no longer creeping up on us-

It's running full steam at us...

and it's wearing a goalie's mask...

and carrying a machete!!!

Let the NIGHTMAREZ begin!!!!!!!

Rhonda and I pulled some strings, called in some favors, and used our charm and winning personalities to promote the Memphis FanForce in conjunction with this event.

What does that mean for the SMT exactly?

Not only will we be making costumed appearances a few times at Nightmarez, but the SMT will be listed as SPONSORS for the haunt as well! Our group will be listed on the Nightmarez poster, as well as the website! As sponsors, we'll also receive free tickets for our members!

With that in mind, I think it would be extremely beneficial to the Memphis FanForce if we had a good turn out at Nightmarez on Media Night, and on both Kidz Dayz.

With that in mind, here is the schedule for the aforementioned days:

MEDIA NIGHT: TUESDAY OCTOBER 14th, 7-9 pm. (There will be a pantry drive for Ronald McDonald House, so please bring canned goods or paper products to donate.)

KIDZ DAYZ: SATURDAY OCTOBER 18th, 12-3 pm, and SATURDAY OCTOBER 25th, 12-4 pm.

It is my intention to get as many of our members there on all three dates IN COSTUME. I'll be holding a few costume meetings during October if anyone needs any help. I'll be scheduling the first one for Sunday, October 12th.

You can find more information here.

I also must stop and thank Lin. We are grateful for his dedication and help in bringing this to fruition, as well as his inviting us to appear at Nightmarez. I also have to thank Todd and Patrick of Nightmarez, and HWJ Co. as well. Thanks, Y'all!

Another round of thanks goes to Rhonda, for bringing the final piece of the puzzle into place, thus securing our sponsorship!

I know I can count on all of you to support the SMT, Nightmarez, and The Ronald McDonald House!

-Tim

2. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Here, here!

On behalf of Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! and the Ronald McDonald House I'd like to thanks to SMT! I've posted this in other threads, but feel 'free' to come out on the 14th from 7-9pm. It's free to family, friends, sponsors, and media, but you're 'free' to bring a canned good or paper product for the RMH's pantry drive.

Did I say 'free' enough..?

Oh, stay tuned for Nov2 Drive In Movie Night news...

Lin

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm so there, Lin! I take it that we'll need to have our table ready for the 14th?

Oh, and did you get the noodles and the old "Drive-In" screen I dropped off for Patrick?

Anything else you need? I have so much crap around this little house, that I just might have something that would come in use.

4. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll make no promises but if I get my costume together and I'm free I'll be there.

5. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Great- hope we have a great turnout and pick up some new members.

Yeah- plan for the 14th as exposure for the club, as well as both kidz dayz. If you have folks that can man (or woman) the table those days we should be good. Feel free to keep the table up as long as you want and have folks there other nights, or join us in scaring some folks- once you go down the dark path...

6. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Oh- I forgot, yes, I did get the noodles and screen- thanks. I think Patrick is going to be working on the theater this evening.

BTW- I'm taking suggestions for the Nov2 movie!

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I can't make it on the 14th (school night) or the 25th (work), but I'll be there in spirit and send my lightsaber with Tim.

But I will definitely be there on the 18th! :)

8. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    The 14th is the last day of my fall break, so I'll be able to make it that night! Yay :D Time to drag Amidala out and do some repair work...

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Looking forward to seeing you guys/gals out on any of the nights/dayz! I think it'll be great exposure for the club, and a lot of fun for the kidz. Thanks to anyone who can make it ouot- or lend a light saber!

I've got the projector (Thanks Rhonda!) and banner (Thanks Sal!) and will get that all set up this week. Still taking suggestions on a movie for Nov2...

Gotta run- lots to do!

Lin

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    It would be nice to see you there, Kell.

I'm going to need some Salinteers....er...I mean volunteers to help run our table during our days at Nightmarez on the 14th, 18th, and 25th.

11. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll have to check those dates and see if I could do one.

12. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Just to remind ya'll-

the 14th from 7-9pm is a freebie night. Just bring yo'self and a canned good for the RMH. If you've got a SW costume and want to help promote the SMT, great. If you just want to come out and hang for a bit and check out the haunt, that's cool, too.

Check out http://www.hauntedweb.com for any other info.

Lin

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Just to let you all know- the SMT was well represented last night at Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! Thanks to all that came out.

Don't forget that the Kidz Dayz are the 18th & 25, and that the Buzz will be out at the haunt this Friday night.

Also, if anyone would like to come out and work the table any other nights, the best times would probably be the weekends, and I know we'll have folks lined up out the door the couple nights leading up to Halloween.

Lin

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Set your VCR's for Monday morning- 6:00am-8:00am for Fox 13's Good Morning Memphis. Tom Dees will be out at Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! If I get a chance to speak on cmaera I'll be sure to mention the Memphis Star Wars Fan Force! (Did I say that right, Tim?)

LIn

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Isn't the radio station there tomorrow night, Lin?

And it's OK, I'll do just about anything to get our name out there. (But mentioning "Star Wars" in there helps!)

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep- the Buzz was out, and had a GREAT time. We got some shots of them and some of the monsters. Kramer and Dana should be out on the 29th I think. They've been plugging the haunt on the air A LOT this past week, and the radio commercials should start airing this week.

Remind me after this is all done and maybe we can work on some kind of photo display and/or some new flash promos for events and the website. Between Nightmarez, Big Scoop, MSC, and the Dive-Ins we should have a good bit of pics to represent what we've done this year.

Lin

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Just to remind everybody-

Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! Kidz Day #2 is this Saturday from 12-4pm at 6600 Stage Rd. at Kirby-Whitten. I brought my Darth Vader helmet in case any of the kids want their picture made wearing or holding it. hope Yoda can make it out!

Wednesday, Oct. 29 from 8-10pm Kramer and Dana from the Buzz will be at Nightmarez.

We're still waiting to hear back from Channel 3, but someone from the Commercial Appeal should be there tonight, and an ad for Nightmarez should be in this or next week's Memphis Flyer.

Oh, if anyone picked up a copy of the Bartlett Express, that's me in the klown costume on the front page!

Lin

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I saw that the other day, Lin. You were in your full Killer Klown glory!

See you Saturday!

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll be doing it again this weekend and next. I think Pat is going to try the stilts tonight.

We had someone from the Commercial Appeal come out last night- and we didn't REALLY have to kill anyone to do it!

Lin

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, Pat tried the stilts last night- he says I can keep 'em! Heh, heh- he did do a great job, and didn't fall or break anything!

Looks like we may have a special volunteer this weekend- and no I don't mean 'short bus' special, although some folks might disagree about that because he's just not right!

Hope to see you all out at the kidz day tomorrow!

Lin

21. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Yep- our special volunteer was Tom Dees from Fox13. He played a klown for the night and had a GREAT time.

Also, Rock103's Tim Spencer brought his son Will out for Kidz Day.

Got some new pics- and as soon as I get them developed I'll get them to our webmonkey, uh- webmaster Sal.

Thanks again for everyone who came out!

Lin

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Looks like Tom Dees is now hooked on haunts! He asked me at last nights Nightmarez wrap party to be in on the making of next year's haunt. He was great as a clown the past two weekends, and has always done a BANG UP job on covering Nightmarez for Good Morning Memphis. Other good news- we now have a media contact, woo-hoo!

Thanks Sal for coming and playing on Halloween. You were "Impressive, most impressive..."

Thanks to everyone who got to come out and see Nightmarez, or let Tim and the girls come play! We had a great season, and I should have $ totals as well as more pictures this week.

Lin

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    It was great to be a part of Nightmarez, Lin. I hope that we can be of service next year. I had a good time, and hope that next year I can come out and scare with y'all.

24. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Please do. I took my nephew behind the scenes and let him watch a few groups get scared in the 3-D section and Freddy's room. He had a blast- but didn't want to go thru ANY other part of the haunt!

Sal did great! Got a couple shots of him in costume.

Thanks again for Chuck and Kell for coming out and joining us in costume. You guys were a big hit. I still have folks commenting on the costumes! Hopefully we can get together after the first of the year and go see the kids at the RMH.

Lin

25. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I will get the photos from nightmarez posted on the site by Saturday I hope! I will try! What!? There is no try? Ok Yoda then i wont try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.