main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT at CIII thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, everybody!

Well, it's packed to the hilt at CIII! There are about 35 to 40 thousand Star Wars fans here in Indy today, with more new arrivals expected tomorrow. I've been taking pictures right and left, and will make a valiant effort to get something posted tonight or early in the AM, that is if I don't end up camping out tonight to catch George Lucas tomorrow morning. That may already be a lost cause- He's doing three shows in a ballroom that only holds about 4000 people. The damned RCA dome is part of the Convention Center complex. The fans are screaming for them to do it there.

See you all soon, and MTFBWYA!

-Tim

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Woo Hoo!

Glad you guys are having fun!

Hope the feet aren't too sore by the end of the day.

-Joe

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The feet are killing us! You stand in a lot of lines, and walk a whole lot. Folks start lining up three or four hours before the doors open just to get in. (We've been right there with them.)

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Yeah, that's about how it was at the Chicago Comic-Con 10 years ago.
    We had a great time, but we had some sore feet for about a week afterwards.

-Joe

5. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Better you than me, but I'm hoping you're having a good time and being safe!

6. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Having a great time so far! And yes, sore feet... sore backs... just plain sore!!
    I don't guess I'm going to get anything from the C3 store, since I don't have the patience to wait in line :p

I've uploaded my pics... no thumbnails yet, that'll have to wait til next week:
    http://yarwood.org/kell/c3

7. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    hey all,
    this is my post
    as everyone knows the celebration is awesome
    what u dont kno is that gencon sux with tickets. i get there and will call doesnt kno where my tickets are. once the find them i dont have my fanclub pass
    the fanclub ppl tell me i am no longer a member, until many minutes later when i went to get my tix for the party they tell me i dont have them and to go to customet service. CS tells me i never bought them and to go to ballroom 2, ballroom 2 isnt even the party is at hall b. i go there and there are like "ur screwed and not gettn in"
    there was another guy who didnt get his tix and got in, but he made the origami life size jabba. so...i guess he has some pull
    anyways, besides these problems its really fun.

8. melissathealchemist

melissathealchemist Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    hi kell! thanks for the great pics. i'm so glad ya'll are having a great time. uncle charlie's costume came out great! you'd better wait in line at the c3 store...i want my ewok!! just kidding. blow george a kiss for me, but be careful, he might charge you for it! take care.

9. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Looks like great fun of standing in line and stuff. :)

I hope everyone is able to have fun up there. I got kind of a run-down from Tim on the phone.

BE SAFE! Have fun! Make fun of the bad costumes, and get some good pics of the REALLY REALLY BAD costumes, too. I love those.

10. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Great pics, Kell- loved the new Mara costume and the shot of you and Lil' Leia.

Great to hear about the puppets- they rock!

I survived the Texas Chainsaw Bus-ride. Had a great time in Dallas and San Antonio. Stabbo and I visited the Alamo, got interviewed by Haunted Media Magazine, and I- well, BeetleJuice got to do a TV intro sppot with Jami Deadly ( http://www.deadlycurves.com - not for the kiddies!) for her local Saturday Night Fright show 'Deadly Cinema'. Beetlejuice also had some fun with the locals downtown while riding the train. Pat, Todd, Stabbo and I did two seminars and the Monster Make-Up Wars where we turned Pat into a victim/monster(which were videotaped. We'll have pics of it all up on HauntedWeb.com soon.

Can't wait to hear all the stories the next time we're all together!

11. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Well it was one heck of a week. I've done nothing but sleep most of the day. I slept like a rock last night seeing as how I didn't have any snoring to listen to :)

I overall had a great time. Got the figures I wanted and a little bit more. Got some autographs, got a nerd score when Amy Allen noticed the t-shirt i was wearing and said it was really cool and met some cool people along the way. I have to say that what I've seen of the film only makes me believe that it's going to be great. The General Grievous footage we saw in the Matt Wood session Friday was amazing and sounded pretty cool too. The Rick McCallum spectacular was awesome. Wish I'd had a better chance at seeing the GL thing but was no big deal, never expected to see it anyways. Ready now for Battlefront 2 to come out. April saved the commercial appeal that had a quick pick of some of the 501st on an escalator. "Nerds on alert! The escalator strikes back!" Ha!

oh yeah, Jacob, I left my C3 trucker hat in your van. I'll try and get it from ya sometime.

12. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Yup, I've got your hat.

Hey Kell, there is a picture of you on this page:
    http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/people2.htm

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I slept like a rock last night seeing as how I didn't have any snoring to listen to.

Ok- you guys can't blame me for that this time!

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Had a wonderful time, folks! [:D]

I'm trying to compile pics, but some of mine didn't turn out too well. I'd love to see everyone's pics when y'all get a chance....and maybe borrow a couple of them. [face_blush]

Back to unpacking.....

15. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    We could, but it wouldn't make much sense.

16. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    OMG!!! I had a blast!!! I listened to Hayden, had a photo shoot, saw George Lucas, killed my feet in my boots, and met a ton of actors, and partied with a few of them. Jerome Blake hit on me. So did that Richard guy who played Motti. Anyway, I met Ray Park (So HOTT) and Warwick Davies. I met Warwick while one of my friends (a volunteer) was sneaking me into the store the back way. So unlike most of the people there I didn't spend three days in that line. I actually got to do stuff AND buy my Vaders. I have pics. I'm trying to find a way to make an Album so I can just give y'all a link.

Lori

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ugh. I just woke up! I slept so hard that I feel like Han in ROTJ. Sucks that I have to go to the office.

I think they've already started lining up for CIV. (Let's all hope that GenCon isn't involved if there is another one of these things.)

18. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    oh god! please dont let gencon run C4
    but hey! i had a great time and it was nice to see everyone for all of 4 seconds. i had to run, buy a kilt and hop on a plane.
    go to do most the stuff i wanted. does anyone kno if a camera was snuck into the spectacular? i want that footage!!!

19. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    the spectacular footage is out on the net somewhere. ya just gotta check around. course it just won't be the same watchin' it on a little computer screen. oh well. it was fun while it lasted. I'm still tired.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Maybe everybody that went could pick 10-12 of their best pics and drop them on a cd or email them to Tim. We could compile them on one CD/DVD and do a slide show before one of the Drive-In movies or at TIMMYCON!2.

What do you think, Tim?

21. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I've already got a compilation of mine, jacob and tommy's pix. lots of pix of the slave leia costumes and Amy Allen! some good toy pix and many costume pix. a few are up on my site

http://home.earthlink.net/~ziggydale/images/

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I took a couple of hundred pics, and I have those that Sal and Traci took as well. We'll see what we can do with those ASAP. (Well, as soon as we all recover from CIII lag.)

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, that's weird- just as I opened up Dale's pic of him and Amy Allen Dennis and Ric read Irish Thunder's email about her being one of his 3 do-able babes!

Good pic of Dale and Amy, and Sal, Grace, and Jay.

24. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    yeah i heard them on the way home, figured I'd try and chime in and see if they'd choose mine as interesting.

edit: all of the pictures I took this past week are now up. use them as you will but if you put them somewhere else, give credit were credit is or isn't due. peace out.

25. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I have hundreds of pics, many of which were stuck on my computer when we made the cd, but I will get them on cd ASAP. Lets all bring cds to swap at Game Night next week and/or Hero Con.

Here are a few of SMT people:
    http://homepage.mac.com/hgtobler/C3/PhotoAlbum33.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.