main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT at CIII thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    My fav was the pic of Rhonda with Timmy Zahn and the Yoda puppet talking all together.

2. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    What a Trip guys, What an experience! though Gen-Con can totally !@#$%$@!#$%@#$^@#@#^@#$^@#$^@#$^@##$!@#$!@#$%!@%!@#$%^!#$^!@^#@.....*breath*...@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%durgadurgadurga... I still had fun with the SMT.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This time last week...

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    We were standing in a line. In the rain. And it was chilly outside. And we were eating bagels and drinking coffee. And talking to a guy that looked just like old Obi-Wan. And we were happy about it all. And we were purposely oblivious about the rest of the world, and the knowledge that Monday was fast approaching....

Good times. Good times.

5. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    This time last week...we'd already been inside for about 2 or 3 hours and I'd spent entirely way too much money! I think I was in the rick mccallum spectacular right about now. Oh how the days went by so quickly. I need another vacation, I've already almost killed 3 people here at work and I haven't been back a full week.

6. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    This time last week...
    ========================

The stark realization that I was utterly alone in Memphis struck me which had me turn the lights off and in the darkest corner of my apartment I sat and cried, and my descent to the Dark Side was becoming more and more eminent...

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Someone give Kevin a Coke and a bag of Skittles.

8. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Your feeble puppet making skills are no match for the POWWAH of the dark side! At least you got to miss the lines, being alone is really cool. At least when you have a wife that does nothing but complain even though you've only been home for about 5 minutes...

If it makes you feel any better, I had a horrible time at C3 and will never go back again! GenCon R t3h 5u*0r2!

9. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I had a great time. Last week at this time, I had already gone to the Hayden Christensen Q&A and was at a photo shoot with a bunch of other Slaves.

I can honestly say that I won't ever go back to C3 though, either. Now, I may be at C4, but let's just wait to see if that happens.

Kevin, you make me feel bad for having a good time. You should've joined us. Have you gotten to see any pictures yet?? Most of mine didn't come out. That upsets me. I did get the two I most wanted though. I would send some of them to you, but they are only two that are interesting.

10. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Be sure to send them to Tim so we can put some C3 shots on the SMT site.

11. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    This time last week, I was standing in line at CIII, hungry. Now I'm sitting behind a desk at the U of M...hungry. Hmmm...is there a cosmic connection?!

Oh. Nah. Just lunchtime. :_|

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

12. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    I've uploaded my pics on yahoo.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lormm18/my_photos

I didn't put some of them on there, mainly because I didn't like them. But the rest are okay.

13. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Yeah I won't ever go to C3 again either ;D
    I'll go to C4 only if GenCon has nothing to do with it.
    This time last week, I was standing around at the costume pagaent with an achey back and achey feet. Last friday was the worst day of the con for me (mostly because I had to manage standing in line, in the rain, in the Parade costume. That sucked! That was the only time I waited in line in the morning, and that was only because we had to be at costume judging at a specific time.. :p )

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tommy showed me pics last night at MusicFest. I stopped by the BUZZ tower and he pulled his laptop out of the van and we headed upstairs to check out the pics. VERY COOL! He had some great shots of George, Rick, autographs, Amy Allen, and Slave Leia's!

There was also a great shot of him in one of the speeders!

I couldn't believe some of the lines- yikes! And I thought MusicFest was bad!

Lin

15. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    Are his pictures gonna be online?? I wanna see them!!! How many slaves did he get?? And how close was he to George???? My pictures of George didn't come out. Come to think of it, neither did the ones I took at the Hayden thing. They were of Jay Lang 'Aia and not of the phone (as our jokes entailed)for those of you who were there.

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I believe Tommy said he was 4th row center. He's got some GREAT shots of GL and Billy Dee. He also had several Slave Leia shots, and some of the other costumers. Don't know if they'll be online or not- check the BUZZ site or shoot him an email. He did say he got to ask george a question about the TV show. Looks like it will take place after ROTS and before ANH, with a few carryover characters... :)

17. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, he told me he sat in on both of the GL interviews. He asked the question the second time around. I was in the first show and I didn't see him. And I'm about to join a casting call list for TV shows so that I can audition for the new SW TV show. Oh, and Lost.
    I heard Billy Dee was a jerk. That's what alot of the volunteers told me.

18. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I know this thread was dead some time ago but I found this today, sorry if it's already been posted. Ya gotta see it

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/c3jay.php

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OMG! Thanks for digging that up, Dale! I remember the guy filming it, and wondered whatever became of it. I emailed him and asked if I could put it up on the SMT website.

20. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    That's cool!!! I liked that intro. I've finished editing my footage, but I have to buy more memory to transfer it onto a disc. My stupid film is 34 minutes long and it covers all 4 days. And I cut out the useless crap with my friends in it(for the most part) and the stuff shot in our hotel room and at the parties that were not C3 sponsored. I went to two parties that were after C3 had officially ended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.