main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Christmas Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci and I would like to invite all of you to our house on December 13th at 6 pm for the SMT Christmas Party.

We'll provide the main dish- smoked turkey, a few simple side dishes, and a non-alcoholic punch. Please feel free to bring any other side dishes, desserts, or soft drinks/beverages if you'd like.

No Drive-In's, no movies..... just food and fellowship!

We hope to see you there!

-Traci and Tim

2. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Sounds good- count me in!

Lin

BTW- What DO you get a wookie for Christmas when he already owns a comb?

3. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I'm game!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I guess you get him a year's supply of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, Lin. (It would take forever to separately shampoo and condition an 8-foot, hair-covered body.)

Cool, guys. Can't wait to see you there.

5. TK1427

TK1427 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    I should be able to attend

Chuck

6. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, I'll be there. I'm gonna ask for that day off, so I won't be late. However, if I can't get that day off...uh...I guess I'll be late. Either way, count me in.

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'd like to get a tenative head count to make sure that we have enough food. Please post if you think you will be able to make it and how many will be in your party - (spouses/kids/parents welcome). THANKS!

8. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    spouses/kids/parents welcome

Wow, Traci! You mean we can bring our parents?!

I'd bring my parents, but they might think we're all kinda wierd.

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    8-} You still didn't answer the question, dude! Will the missus and the youngling be with you?

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I should be there!

11. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I still don't know whether or not I'm going to a convention that weekend... this is like the 3rd thing that weekend the convention is making me miss. :\

12. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    I know what you mean! It seems like everything hits all at once. It's usually in the spring/summer for me, but this winter is starting to shape up that way...I've already had one more thing hit the same weekend as ShadowCon!

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Trust me guys - we understand! Weekends in December are notoriously NUTS. (We've done up to 3 parties in one day back when we both had jobs that 'expected' you to be at the Christmas dinner and then had to juggle kids and attire to boot: casual family party, then dressy family party that requires wrestling small daughters into tights and skirts, and then drop the kids off with grandparents and rush off to grown-up party at fancy restaurant. Oh, and then Emma's birthday party in Tipton Co. followed by a performance in Handel's Messiah downtown. [face_laugh])

We'll be thrilled to see everyone who can make it and certainly understand that some people have other engagements. I just need a guestimate of how many to expect so I'll know if I need to borrow my mom's holiday plates in addition to ours, LOL.

14. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Well, you know I'll be there!

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Maybe I could talk my son into coming!! I promise he's well behaved!!!

16. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Just got another invite in the mail for the 13th- plus the Buzz is having their party that night!

Well, you know I'd rather hang with the Griswolds!

Man- I can't believe my next door neighbor hasn't put up his lights yet! It's just so dark and depressing on my street without them...

17. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll have to wait and see if I'm working, but if I'm not I'll be there.

Tim

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey guys, Saturday I'm scheduled to go into Dominos at 5 pm (yes I now have a part time job at dominos) So if you ever see a red truck driving around Millington with a big lit up domino sign on top it's me.

I usually get off by 9 so I'll call when I get out of there and see if you guys are still hanging out.

-Tim

19. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    You know we'll still be going strong by then, Tim. Hope to see you then.

Anyone else coming?

Please let us know no later than tomorrow night. We need to get the food for the party, and would like to know how many we're serving.

20. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Looking forward to seeing the 'Northern Lights'!

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Alright, It just occurred to me I am triple booked for Sat. night. I have dinner with a friend and their mom at 5pm, another party at 6pm and SMt at six. I'm going to the rest. and other party to make appearances, so I'll be a little late. I'll plan on being there by 8 or 8:30, so save plenty of martinis for me!!!!!!!

22. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    OK, so we'll be seeing Lin, Sal, and Rhonda tomorrow night.

Uh.... Anyone else?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Oh, and if any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one.

I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here, tonight. I want him brought from his happy, holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here. With a big ribbon on his head. And I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ****less, hopeless, heartless, fat-*****, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spineless, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is!

(In other words, I'm still waiting for my Christmas bonus.)

23. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Don't hold back, Tim! ;)

Seriously though, your boss does need a good kicking if he hasn't given you a bonus. :(

24. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    Sal, Lin, Rhonda, Tim C., Gloria, and Sal Sr.: Traci and I want to thank all of you for coming to the Christmas party. We had a great time, as always, and wish all of you a wonderful Holiday season.

Thanks!

25. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I had fun and was glad I could make it. Thanks again guys for opening up your doors for SMT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.