main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Costume Help Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    hey, I was just doing something that I'm told way too often is very dangerous...... thinking. Would it be wise for everybody who will be at the next two costume sessions to list what costume they are working on, what stage it is in, where they need the most help, what they have for the costume, what they need for the costume and what their goals for the session are?

I can go first
    ANH Ben Kenobi costume... I have the material... have patterns that need to be adjusted. I have the design for the belt, I have a finished cloak. I would be very happy cutting the material this week. I don't have a sewing machine but if I need to get one I'm sure I can borrow one from somebody at work.

2. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    I may be working on a poodle skirt and belt for another club, an apron, and Rob a new tunic. I will be working on a Shaak Ti for myself later on. None of these have been started. So I will be cutting and hopefully sewing. I am bringing my Mom's machine, so if I'm cutting, someone else can use it. Who else is planning on attending and what are you working on?

Kelly

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll be working on a fifth of gin and a jar of olives.

Oh, you meant what costume I'd be working on!

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    This is my last weekend to work before Comic Con. I've got Slave Leia finished (just hope I don't chicken out and not wear it, or end up wearing my robe over it all day, haha), my Arwen dress is NEARLY finished (just some hand sewing left to do) and Starfire is maybe... 50% there, but it's pretty simple, so hopefully I'll get it finished by Sunday. Ash's X-Wing uniform is coming along too. She just got her helmet from Richie's Armor and it's SO sweet.
    Anyway, so after next weekend, I've got some projects I need to do, so I hope I can come to the next one after that - got some big skirts to make, and I have some star wars fabric I want to make... I don't know what with. Maybe pajama pants... I don't know, I couldn't stop myself from buying it though :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    How did your Slave Leia turn out, Kell? How did you make it?

6. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I ended up just buying a kit and re-doing a few things, and adding the skirts and stuff. My dad is usually the one who helps me with armor/metal pieces, and I didn't want to ask him to help me make a slave leia costume, lol.
    But, it looks good, I'm happy with it! Of course I managed to get about 30 mosquito bites all over my back over the 4th weekend, if they don't go away soon I'm going to look like Slave Leia w/measles.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Just grab some cover-up makeup and go for it, Kell. I completely understand buying the kit. I swear I will never ever ever ever ever never ever make another Slave Leia costume. And if I do, I'll do it for no less than $1000.00. It was a lot of work, and a lot of stress- an experience which I never want to repeat.

8. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    but was it worth it, tim? just that one time the result had to be worth it :p

9. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    highly doubtful eh Tim?

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, it wasn't worth the trouble. Not remotely. That I can tell you as a fact. I used to find the costume appealing. The only two positive things I can say about it are this: A) I've made a Slave Leia costume, and B) I never have to make one again.

11. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I don't think that Joe and I will be able to go to costuming to day. My throat is sore from RPing and both Joe and I have insomnia. We both need to get some rest.

12. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    hey, just touching base. I'm at the Southaven Library now and I'll be here until 2. I have to be at work at three. If anybody shows up and wants to stay later I can come back and help clean up. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing whoever shows up.

13. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    thanks Kelly and Robert for showing up to the last session. I hope there will be a bigger turn out this week. Just a reminder, Southaven Library from 10am to 5pm this Saturday the 16th. If anybody needs directions or anything just PM me.

14. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Well, we didn't do any Star Wars costuming, but we talked about Tims Obi Wan costume. Hopefully, we will have a better turn out this Saturday. The room is huge and has plenty of tables. I will be working on Rob a new tunic. Hope to see you all there!

Kelly

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sorry, folks, but I'm not going to be able to make this weekend's costuming gig, either. I didn't realize that I was already committed to three family birthday parties on Saturday, which will eat up the entirety of the day between traveling and the actual parties.

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    We'll be in Jackson for the Harry Potter release at Books-A-Million. That is, if I am feewling up to it. Otherwise, I'll be in bed.

-Joe

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope you get better, Joe!

18. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005

You just might see my friend Spike (Andrew). He works there...I think. I haven't heard of him quitting or anything.

Anyway, here's a jacket that I would LOVE to make for J. Or myself. Or both. (Joe and Gina know what I'm talking about)

[image=http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/albums/userpics/10001/kb-kotor2-wp05b.jpg]

[image=http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/albums/userpics/10001/kb-kotor2-150a.jpg]

[image=http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/albums/userpics/10001/kb-kotor2-216b.jpg]

I love the ribbing. It comes across the shoulders and then angles down into a V in the back. Kick @$$.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That looks really nice, Grace. You could probably modify an existing jacket, or at least use one as a pattern.

20. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    True...I just wouldn't know what to use to modify it. Leather would be nice, but I don't know the first thing about leather.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Can't help you there. I've never worked with leather. But, it can't be too different from working with pleather.

22. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Grace - Joe calls that jacket Atton's Ribbed "for her pleasure" jacket. But if you need any help just holler.

23. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    :eek:

*snigger*

*snigger*

Okay. *LOL*!!!!!

I would love to make this thing. It's just to friggin' cool.

24. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    This Saturday, the 16th I have the Southaven Library booked for another costume session. As it stands now the only people who are able to attend that I know of are me and Kelly. This isn't an attempt to offend or carry anything over from another thread but if she is the only one who is going to come this way for it then I honestly think it would be best to cancel the session. I'm not trying to offend anybody but I don't think it is worth wasting the gas for her to drive all the way down here to do what she can do at home. Me on the other hand, I honestly need as much help as I can get. I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing with this costume thing I don't care so much about a formal session but would appreciate as much help as I can get. I can book the conference room for another time that more people can attend or perhaps some of us can meet at another location or anything. I can make time on a weeknight or something. I'm open to almost anything. I might not know what I'm doing with sewing but I'm willing to learn and for those of you who do know what they are doing, an extra set of hands can't hurt, right?

25. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Joe and I will not be attending the costuming session this Saturday. We'll be in Jackson. We probably won't be attending any in the future as the place where I am buying my serger from gives free lessons with it. The lessons are only offered on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.