main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Media Schedule- Tonight- Channel 5 at 5 pm!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It only took two years to get some press for this club, or at least press that doesn't constantly mis-identify us as the Memphis Star Trek FanForce or foul up (or just plain fail to print) information about our events.

All it took was for George to put out a movie. (Go figure.)

Radio:

As I mentioned earlier, Lin and I will be on 94.1 The Buzz FM Tuesday morning, May 10th at 7:30 am with Brad and Dana talking about Episode III and the SMT. (And speaking of The Buzz, I heard my Yoda impression for the first time this morning on the air. Horrible. Can we do another take? I sound like Grover on crack.)

Television:

I need a few good costumers who are willing to appear on the air (in costume) on Fox 13's "Good Morning Memphis" on Tuesday, May 17th. The spot will air at 8:15 am, so we'll need to be there at 7:45 am. They want to talk to us a little bit about the club and, of course, Episode III. I think four to six people would be plenty, and it'd be a chance to show off some of our best work. Anyone interested needs to give me a shout ASAP.

2. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    i'd be willing to be on TV
    i wouldnt be a camera whore or anything, i schwear!

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    What kind of costume do you have, Philip?

4. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Well, me being on TV causes problems at work, it seems; not that I care.

This is a time we need Muley in a Jedi outfit. He needs to be a club mascot. Still, I can't make it out there.

I am going to get my Sith Robe pinned tonight.

Oh, and who is Karen? Where's Dana?

Tim, way to go on getting the word out on the SMT!

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sorry, I meant Dana! I've talked to too many people lately.

Now who am I?

We'll miss you, Kev. It would be great having Muley on with us. I've been wanting to adopt his as the Official Sith Mule of the SMT.

6. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Muley won't play Sith. He thinks it's much cooler to be a Jedi, what with the whole Yoda and the Muppets thing...even though the Jedi get wiped-out (basically) by the Sith.

And speaking of wiped out, I think it's time for Muley to get a bath. I noticed him scratching behind his ears lately while he was doing homework. Or was that Buford. I dunno...so many animals in the house, so little brains in my head...

7. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I could do the tuesday morning thing... it's before my regular work hours. I'm not sure how lucid I'd be that early in the morning, though!

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know. Having to talk on camera that early is a little scary. That's why I'm hoping Lin can join me for this one as well.

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'll see about coming in late for that day, too. Shouldn't be a big deal. Talking that early in the morning isn't that bad. IT's not knowing the questions before hand that can be a bit frustrating. Fox13 is just down the road from my place so getting there in time is no problem- just may need a jedi valet!

BTW- what are the times the news crew(s) will be at the movie theater?

Oh, Todd said the Chattanooga club got a little bit of newspaper coverage this weekend.

Thanks, George!

10. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    my costume is ur standard sith apprentice get up

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool, Philip. That'll do fine.

And Channel 5 is coming out to cover the line on the 18th at 4:00 pm.

12. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    I just listened to you guys on the radio. Ya'll sounded great! Tim, your Yoda sounds fine. Glad we were able to get some media attention. Keep up the good work!

Kelly

13. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Tim, Lin - great job this morning. i woke up and heard you guys and i totally wasn't expecting it, even though you said you would be on the radio on a tuesday. i don't exactly understand things correctly in the morning so it didn't make sense why you two were talking to me through my radio.

now i get it.

oh, and hopefully smt eats up lots of bandwidth today.

14. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    GREAT JOB THIS MORNING, GUYS!! For those who didn't hear it (I did tape it) Lin and Tim did absolutely wonderful on the show this morning, and were funnier than most DJ's I've ever heard on the radio...or comedians either!! POWER TO THE SW GEEKS!

That silly Yoda puppet got some airtime, too, which is cool! LOL!!

Way to go, boys!

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, everyone. Lin and I had a blast! I couldn't believe she wanted Yoda to do the diary thing this morning.

And thanks so much for going with me, Lin! I couldn't have done it without you.

16. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hey- I was about to say the same about you. When I got there before you did, I thought, "Oh crap- what am I supposed to talk about?!" I've never been more happy to see that Maxima pull up!

Got a few pics of us and Brand and Dana while we were there.

Had a great time. I couldn't believe I almost blanked when they asked me to do Watto's voice- they almost got my Yoda impression!

Hope it and next week @ Fox13 bring the club some attention.

17. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I wouldn't mind doing it, as long as I don't have to talk much. I'm kinda shy :)

18. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    i don't know if you need anyone else, but how long would the fox 13 thing last? i don't have any classes of actual content for the first 3 periods of the day and i *might* be able to miss it.

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Elliot: The spot is supposed to last 4-5 minutes, but I'm not sure if we'll actually be on at 8:15 am or if we'll be in a certain time block. We all will have to be at the studio no later than 7:45 am. Just to be safe, just block out from 7:45 to 9:00 am for it. What costume will you be wearing?

20. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    if i go, it'll be a generic jedi costume... based mainly off of obi-wan's episode costume and the simplicity pattern.

i need to check with my teachers though, i might not be able to make it. if you have to count me in or out right now it would have to be out.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool, Elliot. That'll be fine.

I did a telephone interview with John Beifus of the Commercial Appeal today. I don't know when it'll appear in the CA, so keep your eyes peeled.

22. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Do we have enough folks or do I need to take off and try to be there Tuesday??

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think we may have enough people, but I'm sure we can squeeze in a few more if anyone is interested.

24. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    quick question:
    just where is fox 13??

25. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Yeah, where is this? I just realized I had no idea :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.