main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Summer Film Series

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Anyone hear of a film called Monty Phython and the Holy Grail? That would be a good one or even Spaceballs.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    It's ANH, I think. Tim's going to Replay's to get it fixed.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Spaceballs, too. Unfortunately, the schedule really didn't allow us to fit in all of the films we wanted to show.

Glad to see you made it back, Chad. Will you be joining us on the 22nd?

4. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    I recommend the movie "F/X". Made in 1986 with Bryan Brown and Brian Dennehy. Its one of those movies where you sit there trying to figure out where else you've seen the actors. The movie itself is really great.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I remember that one being pretty good, Leslie. It was better than its sequel, FX/2.

Replays resurfaces DVDs for $3.50. That is a deal!!!

6. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    The list looks pretty good, but I'm wondering about Sleepy Hollow. Seeing as how the Alien movies are out, would Sleepy Hollow be considered any better, seeing as how there's just as much violence? I mean...a head comes off almost every ten minutes. And with a nice squirt of blood too. And remember how Brom died? *shudder*

Don't get me wrong, I love Sleepy Hollow. Ray Park's in there! But if neighbors will be an issue...(and remember the witchcraft. People get real wierd about that stuff) *shrugs*

-Darth Grace*

7. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Just bring out your Harry Potter books and DVDs, and run round on broomsticks. You're sure to have your local churches turn up on the doorstep to denounce you as the spawn of Satan. ;)

8. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    And that's what were all about here at the SMT!!! lol...nope..just kidding...doesn't everybody know that our SMT stands for the "Satanic Mission Trinity"? LOL I kidd I kidd!!

9. DexterMoon

DexterMoon Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    Hello all, Sorry It's taken me so long to post my FIRST message, but life has a way of distracting you from the IMPORTANT things.. like posting messages, joining a fan club or chatting with other SF geeks... lol
    For those of who who need memory refreshing: I was the Logan's Run Sandman at MSC this year..
    Tim has kept me informed of the goings-on of the SMT and sent me an invite to the Drive-In this weekend..
    It has been a while since I have seen ANH, so I am looking forward to it.. (I will need directions however, Summer/Graham area- I-40/240/Sam Cooper interchange)

I might be able to interest a couple of others to come along, too.. we'll shall see.

-Marcus

------ That's no moon! that's a space station!--------

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Marcus: There's a link for directions on the website's news page, but, if you're coming from the Summer/Graham area, just hit Sam Cooper and take the 40/240 North exit. Then take the Austin Peay North exit and follow the bypass to the Raleigh-Millington Rd exit. Then just follow Raleigh-Millington all the way past Charles Baker Airport and the Memphis Motorsports Park to Waverly Farms Road. The directions on the site will pick up from there. Give me a holler if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you again. Oh, and bring your gun just in case we have any runners. (Sorry....couldn't resist!)

Oh, and Jay: Ixnay on the AtanSay, OK? There are enough Southern Baptist Churches around here to more than bury my house in Bibles and copies of "A Purpose-Driven Life".

11. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Wow. And I thought I had it bad (being the only Jehovah's Witnesses on a street comprised entirely of Church of Christ members).

Anyway, can we go through the list just one more time? For the sake of those poor folks (me) who need more than two reminders.

-Darth Grace*

12. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    You guys should have seen the mix of folks at HauntCon this past weekend! There was a black revival/wedding (very COGIC- everybody dressed to the nines!) and haunters in costumes for the ball- right across the hall from each other. Oh, and there was some kind of amputee convention or meeting going on that night, too!

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, posted this in the other movie thread, but thought I'd mention it hear, too.

I just heard that we'll have 50 pairs of 3-D glasses coming for our next movie night! Like the Batman short before ANH, we'll show 'Shrek 3-D' before 'Galaxy Quest'. It's about 15 minutes long, is the short from Universal's 'Shrek 4-D ride/experience, and has a few Star Wars references in it!

I've also oredered some flag banners to help rope off the video tower and wiring.

(Tim- do we need to start a new 'GalaxyQuest' movie night post?)

14. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Am I drunk, or wasn't there an actual schedule showing the dates of the different movies? Where's it at?

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    There's a post SOMWHERE in here about it. It's also in the news section of the SMT website.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And if anyone has any suggestions for movies to add, and when to add them, shout it out. Marcus mentioned wanting to do Logan's Run.

Great job getting the glasses, Lin. And we should start a new thread for the next movie night. I'm working on tomorrow's hangover. Anybody wanna take the reigns on that one?

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    The thread, or tomorrow's hangover?!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Uh.....

How about both.

19. DexterMoon

DexterMoon Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    I also have a mockumentary of "R2D2: Beneath the Dome."
    It's a 3-part film done in the style of VH1's "behind the music" of the story of Artoo.
    "Learn about his humble roots in England, his unyeilding hunger for fame,and how his determination overcame a Hollywood that had long discrimated against Droids..." (- the back cover)

And have you seen the Thumb Wars series? Steve Odenkirk has done a series of spoofs of different movies using his patented Thumb-technology..."
    I have seen Thumb Wars, Thumbtanic, Bat-Thumb and a few others.. I think I can find them on DVD if ya'll are interested.. some think it's stupid, but I think they're hilarious and it just might fit in with this crowd.

For a complete list of my movie collection.. just send $5 and a self-addressed-stamped-envelope to .. heheh

My 2 credits as far as the new thread goes: I think that this thread is fine for all the movies, maybe retitle it Summer Series 2004, however.. but I would like to see the schedule and dates reposted I seem to have forgotten the dates.. was someone practiced a mind-trick on me? (waving hand: You don't need the dates.. these aren't the movies you are looking for...
    move along...)

-Marcus

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, I guess I'm the only one surfing on a Friday night!

Anyway, here's the movie list again for anyone who's missed it or hasn't checked out this month's movie thread yet-

May 22nd...STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE (W/Batman:Dead End- Thanks, Dragon!)

June 26th...GALAXY QUEST (W/SHREK 3-D in 3-D!)

July 10th...THE FIFTH ELEMENT

August 28th...RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

September 11th...GHOSTBUSTERS (Special appearance by Ghostbuster Williams)

October 9th...SLEEPY HOLLOW

I've seen some of the SO Thumb films, and have Bat-Thumb. I think I've got R2-D2:Beneath The Dome, not sure if I have it seperate or in the special features section of another DVD. I think if they're 15-30 minutes long or so that would be cool. I always love a short film/cartoon before the main feature, and it gives those folks who have kids and/or may have to cut out early something to watch.

It's up to Tim and Traci- their backyard!

21. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I've got my Clone Wars cartoon dvd finished. We could make it the pre-show for the July movie night. more than likely won't be able to make this month's feature/meeting.

22. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Can I have a copy?

John

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    If we show anything beforehand, it has to be short. Nothing more than 20 minutes long would be ideal for the standard 2 hour movie. We could show something longer for shorter flicks.

We've got the Shrek 3-D thing for June's Drive-In night, so we'll be glad to take suggestions for the others.

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Not sure how long 5th ele is, but I know GalxyQuest is less than 2hrs, and Shrek 3-D is only 15-16 minutes. Maybe we could do the first 10 chapters one night, and the last ones the next time. I'd love to see them on the big screen.

25. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    September 11th...GHOSTBUSTERS (Special appearance by Ghostbuster Williams)
    sed DorkVader
    -------------------------------
    We may have to see about that later...the Cyclotron part of the proton pack will have to go through major repairs, as will the positron collider as both have fallen into malfunction.

A terrible thing to have happen with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.