main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Website

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I forgot about the Redbirds game outing! I need pics, Lin. Get them to me and I'll add a page.

I'm going to make the Events page only about past events, and get rid of the coming events part of the page, since it's redundant to the News page. I think it would be better if visitors saw all the cool stuff we've done in the past (the stuff they missed) rather than another blurb for what's coming up next.

2. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    We've got several pics from the Redbirds game. I don't think we have a group shot, but we do have some random pics that we can send anyone that needs some.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    That'd be cool. You can send them to my personal or work email when you get a chance.

I did get one or two group shots, but I think a few people were M.I.A.- Traci had to take one of the kids to the bathroom or some of Sal's folks didn't make it in it.

"I think it would be better if visitors saw all the cool stuff we've done in the past (the stuff they missed) rather than another blurb for what's coming up next.

Yep- good idea. You could always post a notice on the events page for them to check out the news page for upcoming events.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Send me those pics, too, Steve.

Lin: That's a great idea. I'll add some blurb about "What's Happening Now" and a link back to the news page.

Wait, "What's Happening Now" was a bad TV sequel series, wasn't it?

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Hey, hey, hey!"

Mind burning me a set of those discs as well, Tim?

6. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Okay...Redbirds pics have been sent to you guys.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll burn you a copy, too, Lin.

Thanks, Steve.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Got 'em- thanks Steve! Those were great. (I especially liked #42...)

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, the Redbirds Game pics are up.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Man, you're quick- but I'm sure you've heard that before!

11. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Ooooooooh...buuuuuuurrrrrrrnnnn!

The website looks great. And I've got other pics from the Rebirds game I can send you. You can just pick and choose what you want.

12. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    .....dude....Tim got cracked....

As far as password protecting, I'm sure there's a way. I haven't worked on a website in so long, much less in frontpage that I'll have to do some research. Use the paper clip dude, he'll answer questions. Maybe he doesn't always give the answer you want, but the annoying little twerp has a little bit of use sometimes. Take a look around a site called www.scriptsearch.com (if it's still around). They've got alot of free javascripts and stuff. I'm almost positive that they've got something about password protecting a page. If you'd like me to bring you a cd full of cool software to work with Saturday, I'll do my best to remember. I'm getting old now, 25, and my memory is slipping. Darn kids and their Starbucks Coffee, why when I was young, Starbuck was a guy in a spaceship that was named Dirk in real life, not some coffee shop or a female version of a rouge space pilot! And if Starbuck had actually had coffee, Starbuck's coffee would be nasty because they live on the same ship for years and wouldn't be able to get to Juan Valdez until they reached Earth. But those Cylons would've tracked him down and shot poor Juan Valdez, so it's best they never found him. Crazy robotic creatures and their silvery darth vader/clonetrooper like helmets. Why in my day, we didn't have shiny helmets, we had....

I'll shut up now.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Why in our day we wore dirt....

AND WE WERE HAPPY TO HAVE IT!!!

Dale: If you can remember, I'd love to get that disc from you. I need all the resources I can get.

I think the flash opening is going bye-bye real soon, everyone. I think it's going to eat too much into our maximum GB allowance that we get per month from our host, and I don't want to spend more to allow more traffic. I'm kicking myself for not shopping around before I reupped our site. I've found where I can get much more GBs per month for not too much more, so remind me next year to change hosts.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, but just to be safe you better remind us to remind you to...dang, I forgot!

Oh, Tim, what do you have planned to do with the Members and Creations pages? What can we do to help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.